PDA

View Full Version : Can' t Mount Gun Turret

OldGypsy
06-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Have killed the mother blood dragon. Elevator opens and can see jeep with gun turret. The jeep appears to be floating somewhat above the ground. I can't enter the car or turret. I have played this section 4 times with the same result. Help!

ThermicComet31
11-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Hey, I just encountered a problem with this last night, playing on XBox One (backwards compatibile Blood Dragon). I played thru the same scene about a dozen times. The vehicle is stuck to the wall or in the air about a foot over the ground. Anyways, I finally got past this, by luck and tenacity. What I did was hit the button and hide to the boxes (to the left looking from the elevator). While the elevator is coming down I waited patiently and when it was about to hit the ground, i ran to the elevator and threw a c400 over the "door" on top of the vehicle. It exploded when the doors opened (?). Anyways I went back to hiding behind the box. From there i shot it with the sniper rifle with explosive shells, trying to lure the dragon away from the elevator and the vehicle (which in this iterationwas only a foot or so off the ground). I killed the dragon and after that approached the vehicle and to my surprise the "interact with X" popped up and everything was ok. As you can see, I'm not certain what triggered the car to be in the correct place, but what I know is that it's possible to continue the game from there, it just takes kazillion tries. One helpful thing is that you have to start the entire mission, maybe even boot the damn xbox, as if you start fro mthe checkpoint, the vehicle seems to stick further up in the elevator shaft.

Anyways, keep on trying, the game's damn good and this glitch can be overcome.

Vger2010
11-20-2016, 05:26 PM
ON pc i had the same thing with the jeep sometimes stuck in the air. Just go to the back of the jeep and the prompt to enter the jeep will come.

I need help with leaving the base after going up the elevator.
driving with keyboard controls isn't quick enough to get out before time expires

SupersnaiI
11-23-2016, 01:49 AM
Had this problem too, found the solution, I think. I was able to get on the turret after I very quickly killed the dragon and immediately ran to the turret and went into it before it even fully opened

Butcherbird59
11-23-2016, 04:15 AM
You don't need to kill the dragon - just call the elevator and keep the dragon busy until elevator arrives. Quickly climb into the turret and up it goes - make sure your health is not too shabby.

Senial43
05-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Have killed the mother blood dragon. Elevator opens and can see jeep with gun turret. The jeep appears to be floating somewhat above the ground. I can't enter the car or turret. I have played this section 4 times with the same result. Help!

This happened to me this morning. After having to kill myself with grenades over and over, because the Jeep is stuck half way up the elevator shaft, I found this post. I'm playing on the Xbox One but I'm sure the remedy is the same for all platforms. Just jump into the elevator shaft as soon as it opens up enough to let you inside and run to the back of the Jeep and mount the turret. Someone else posted that trick and it worked the first time I tried it.

I have video recording the Jeep getting to the bottom of the elevator and then shooting all the way back up to the top of the elevator shaft just to fall back down and get stuck 100ft in the air. Jeeze, what a glitch. Thought I wouldn't be able to finish the game... :eek: