PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Hi All, Hi Oleg,

Just a few comments from a follower of these forums and one of your earliest fans.
First: Thank you, sir, for the magnificent Sim you built for us.
This Game (yes, fellow, it's a GAME) is the most enjoyable Combat flight Sim I ever flew... and i think i can tell i flew nearly all of them (from the early Atari ST and Amiga Sims... even older ones, but I won't tell :-)))
I would like to point out that there are a lot of people complaning and criticising who just seem to forget that we are talking about a 30$ piece of software that, I think, is more than a hundred times worth it. Of course, there are some imperfections, and they are even easier to spot and point-out that the overall game is VERY close to perfection. Some (i said SOME) are having endless debate over some things that are, pardon me, somewhat irrelevant in a (Ho, yes Very-good-close-to-perfection) but a: PC-Flight-Sim. This is a PC game, lets never forget we're seating in front of a Monitor, not inside anything close to an actual cockpit. I mean, many things can NOT be closer to real, many things are just 'different', not better nor worse than 'real', just a 'different' thing because we are all sitting in front of our computers, not in an actual cockpit and especially not in the 1940's airplanes filled with the oil stink and hellish engine sound, starving, getting our guts out in the frozen air of 30000ft and trying to survive... I believe we should always keep in mind that even if we all read tons of books and docs and watch movies, archives and all, NONE of us (or so few) ever flew a FW190 or Yak1. Yes, we can all have our prefered aircraft and belief (I personnaly praise the Spits and 109s :-)), but I don't think we should flame anyone, especially not Oleg&Team for the frustration some FM do to us.
I recall many games, many sims, many hours of excitement, fun, tons of joy, despair, spins and all... I recall also many 'Perfect FM sims' ;-) None have ever come close to 'flight experience' of il2-fb and, sincerely, who cares about the 'should climb better, should have better guns, should never fly that fast' chit-chat ? (Because Who really KNOWS ?) This sim gets us a marvellous flight experience AND an exceptionnal 'heat of battle' feeling when taken in the midst of an 20+ A/C furball.
So, Oleg:
Yes, you can always get closer to perfection (and it looks like you're trying to:-)),
Yes, Some critics are right (and they are immensely helpfull),
Yes (i think) everyone appreciates your work and concern,
but No, you should not worry about those constant whines.
With all my gratitude,
Sincerely,

A Flyier from France.

Message Edited on 07/16/0308:19AM by zecool

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Hi All, Hi Oleg,

Just a few comments from a follower of these forums and one of your earliest fans.
First: Thank you, sir, for the magnificent Sim you built for us.
This Game (yes, fellow, it's a GAME) is the most enjoyable Combat flight Sim I ever flew... and i think i can tell i flew nearly all of them (from the early Atari ST and Amiga Sims... even older ones, but I won't tell :-)))
I would like to point out that there are a lot of people complaning and criticising who just seem to forget that we are talking about a 30$ piece of software that, I think, is more than a hundred times worth it. Of course, there are some imperfections, and they are even easier to spot and point-out that the overall game is VERY close to perfection. Some (i said SOME) are having endless debate over some things that are, pardon me, somewhat irrelevant in a (Ho, yes Very-good-close-to-perfection) but a: PC-Flight-Sim. This is a PC game, lets never forget we're seating in front of a Monitor, not inside anything close to an actual cockpit. I mean, many things can NOT be closer to real, many things are just 'different', not better nor worse than 'real', just a 'different' thing because we are all sitting in front of our computers, not in an actual cockpit and especially not in the 1940's airplanes filled with the oil stink and hellish engine sound, starving, getting our guts out in the frozen air of 30000ft and trying to survive... I believe we should always keep in mind that even if we all read tons of books and docs and watch movies, archives and all, NONE of us (or so few) ever flew a FW190 or Yak1. Yes, we can all have our prefered aircraft and belief (I personnaly praise the Spits and 109s :-)), but I don't think we should flame anyone, especially not Oleg&Team for the frustration some FM do to us.
I recall many games, many sims, many hours of excitement, fun, tons of joy, despair, spins and all... I recall also many 'Perfect FM sims' ;-) None have ever come close to 'flight experience' of il2-fb and, sincerely, who cares about the 'should climb better, should have better guns, should never fly that fast' chit-chat ? (Because Who really KNOWS ?) This sim gets us a marvellous flight experience AND an exceptionnal 'heat of battle' feeling when taken in the midst of an 20+ A/C furball.
So, Oleg:
Yes, you can always get closer to perfection (and it looks like you're trying to:-)),
Yes, Some critics are right (and they are immensely helpfull),
Yes (i think) everyone appreciates your work and concern,
but No, you should not worry about those constant whines.
With all my gratitude,
Sincerely,

A Flyier from France.

Message Edited on 07/16/0308:19AM by zecool