PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: 3 / Sequel ... should Continue the History of America

avk111
06-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Goodday gents,

So I was reviewing constantly what would a reprisal historical role for Connor, many considered the French revolution would be a good attempt, however as cliche as might be the whole concept of Connor reprisal was very vague to almost publicly left out by big time developer Ubisoft. Thus as a "compromise" we might have Ubi instead focus on the history of the American Assassins rather than Connor's storyline. This idea will be fair for both Connor regulars(Fans) and irregulars(Critics) as Connor may have a reprising role (Not necessary playable) but in terms of legacy and intuitive. As an avid Connor myself I was thinking what would be the best way to know how Connor continued his journey and then it hit me, since we are dwelling about the stories and facts of the past/history maybe its time I check out the history of America, it will give me a clear concept of what "might" have happened to oour hero Connor after the event of the AC3 title, and there it was right infront of my eyes: the war of 1812.

As some of you might know the war concluded on three main stages: Naval (USA-BRITIAN),Land(USA-CANADA),Land-Southwest(USA:Settlers-USA:Native tribes)

read more about it and you will see how the events although mildly similar to the first main revolution can be a good continuation point.

Yours opinions matter ofcourse.

guardian_titan
06-20-2013, 02:24 PM
I've been thinking the War of 1812 myself, but chances are by then Connor would have the kid that's an ancestor of Desmond so unless the assassin and/or Abstergo figure out how to live the years after that kid is born, it might not be likely.

There is another American war little known about that's from 1785-1795, though. The War of 1812 certainly has larger implications for Connor because his people sided with the British and the Native tribes losing led into the Trail of Tears in the 1830s, but the Northwest Indian War (known by a variety of names and has no official one apparently) is a better choice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Indian_War The war largely deals with the Northwest Territory but a treaty signed in 1794 allowed Mohawks to own land. Prior to that, they actually couldn't. Connor does kind of allude to that when he asks what would become of a woman like Surry (Sam Adams' slave) or himself because they're not landed white men. Due to Connor being so high profile with many politicians, Connor could've possibly gotten forced into siding with the US in the Northwest Indian War just to keep Davenport. It wasn't a stretch for them to come up with some outlandish reason to just take any land they wanted. The US government seized a lot of land after the Revolution to repartition out into townships and to sell off. The old hunter in the prologue alluded to that as a way to avoid taxes.

This period of time is also interesting because in March 1788, New Orleans went up in flames. Most of the city was destroyed. Did Aveline die in that time frame or did she run for the hills? There was also a Yellow Fever outbreak in Philadelphia in 1793 that killed like 4-5k people. Philadelphia was the US capital at the time, too.

The treaty allowing Mohawk to own land since it's not mentioned on the Northwest Indian War page apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Canandaigua (11-11-1794)

Finding an actual time line and running through it year by year starting from 1785 can result in some interesting reading. I was doing some research on the era and ran into the Northwest Indian War on a fluke. It's not something gone over in history class.

I actually believe if Connor did participate in the War of 1812, chances are he'd be dead by the end of it. The end of that war was not good for the Natives. I very much doubt Connor would sit and let himself be moved off Davenport after the war ended. And I doubt politicians could find a way to make Connor an exception without causing a riot among the colonists. Connor would have to die in 1815. I did come to an interesting conclusion, though. Haytham was 56 when he died. Chances are Edward was similarly aged at his death. Seems a running trend for the Kenways to die in their 50s. Connor would be 59 in 1815.

I would be rather happy if Ubisoft went into the Northwest Indian War since so few know of those years and it is a rather important time frame for Connor. Something that sets the stage for the War of 1812 for a possible third game. And no French Revolution. :p

ze_topazio
06-20-2013, 03:36 PM
I've been thinking the War of 1812 myself, but chances are by then Connor would have the kid that's an ancestor of Desmond so unless the assassin and/or Abstergo figure out how to live the years after that kid is born, it might not be likely.

There is another American war little known about that's from 1785-1795, though. The War of 1812 certainly has larger implications for Connor because his people sided with the British and the Native tribes losing led into the Trail of Tears in the 1830s, but the Northwest Indian War (known by a variety of names and has no official one apparently) is a better choice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Indian_War The war largely deals with the Northwest Territory but a treaty signed in 1794 allowed Mohawks to own land. Prior to that, they actually couldn't. Connor does kind of allude to that when he asks what would become of a woman like Surry (Sam Adams' slave) or himself because they're not landed white men. Due to Connor being so high profile with many politicians, Connor could've possibly gotten forced into siding with the US in the Northwest Indian War just to keep Davenport. It wasn't a stretch for them to come up with some outlandish reason to just take any land they wanted. The US government seized a lot of land after the Revolution to repartition out into townships and to sell off. The old hunter in the prologue alluded to that as a way to avoid taxes.

This period of time is also interesting because in March 1788, New Orleans went up in flames. Most of the city was destroyed. Did Aveline die in that time frame or did she run for the hills? There was also a Yellow Fever outbreak in Philadelphia in 1793 that killed like 4-5k people. Philadelphia was the US capital at the time, too.

The treaty allowing Mohawk to own land since it's not mentioned on the Northwest Indian War page apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Canandaigua (11-11-1794)

Finding an actual time line and running through it year by year starting from 1785 can result in some interesting reading. I was doing some research on the era and ran into the Northwest Indian War on a fluke. It's not something gone over in history class.

I like that idea, they could have New Orleans and Philadelphia as new settings and maybe include updated versions of New York, Boston, the Frontier and the Homestead.

I-Like-Pie45
06-20-2013, 03:40 PM
AC7: The Gangs of New York

Locopells
06-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Due to Connor being so high profile with many politicians, Connor could've possibly gotten forced into siding with the US in the Northwest Indian War just to keep Davenport.

Bear in mind though, that the database entry for the homestead did allude to some mysterious happening which did whip it from the map and history...

Also shouldn't Washington DC be included in any rendition of the 1812 war, seeing how the White House got burnt down and all?

STDlyMcStudpants
06-20-2013, 08:45 PM
I hope that if they do america again that they keep the relaxing vibe...I have a feeling AC 4 will be stressful, and I dont like that =/
I play AC to relax and get lost...it is the only series that allows me to do this,

Rugterwyper32
06-20-2013, 09:17 PM

I actually believe if Connor did participate in the War of 1812, chances are he'd be dead by the end of it. The end of that war was not good for the Natives. I very much doubt Connor would sit and let himself be moved off Davenport after the war ended. And I doubt politicians could find a way to make Connor an exception without causing a riot among the colonists. Connor would have to die in 1815. I did come to an interesting conclusion, though. Haytham was 56 when he died. Chances are Edward was similarly aged at his death. Seems a running trend for the Kenways to die in their 50s. Connor would be 59 in 1815.

I would be rather happy if Ubisoft went into the Northwest Indian War since so few know of those years and it is a rather important time frame for Connor. Something that sets the stage for the War of 1812 for a possible third game. And no French Revolution. :p

I actually would like this. A lot. The Northwest Indian War could be focused a lot more on natural locations, trading posts all over the place and forts, Pittsburgh as a village location somewhere in the middle and MAYBE actually add Philadelphia (Depending on how they handle Kingston, I'd have high hopes for it), and a war of 1812 game focused more on the Canadian side of things. I think it could be very interesting. Have Montreal, York (Toronto), maybe the area around Buffalo and Fort Erie. There's lots of potential for naval, too, considering the battles in the great lakes. I think it could turn out to be pretty well done.