PDA

View Full Version : Herald of the void discount

DinstanoMESO
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
When do you think it will happen? I have around 1500 seals, and I don't know whether to save up, or to buy a herald box now. Void rising had a whooping 40% discount, but that was a week before the new expansion, and we might not have another expansion for a month. Thoughts?

Kurgen007
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
If we have another expansion in a month I would be surprised. I think the soonest we will see one is in another 3 months, more likely 5 or even 6 months.

DinstanoMESO
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Wow, that much? Really? You think any other non pre-expansion discounts will happen? I will most definitely buy a box now then.

Frozen-Drake
06-19-2013, 09:45 PM
95% sure next expansion will be not sooner than late october / early november due void rising being released in end of december

ArcaneAzmadi
06-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Why does it take them so long to release expansions anyway, especially when they're so small? After 3 expansions, I think the game finally has more cards in it than a single basic edition of Magic.

DragoAskani
06-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Why does it take them so long to release expansions anyway, especially when they're so small? After 3 expansions, I think the game finally has more cards in it than a single basic edition of Magic.

Money. If you release too many expansions too fast people with money to spend cant keep up. If you keep to the standard 2-3 expansions per year that most card games do you tend to make a larger profit per expansion as its relevant for a longer time spand.

Also last time I checked 9th edition magic base set is 350 cards.

Dubkid
06-23-2013, 06:12 PM
And what's the point of relase new expansion faster than 5 months after "old" one? You'll probably lack even more cards then now. Herold has been relased month ago and meta has changed a lot, people are still inventing new decks, counter for old archetypes etc. It's fun, making it more often will create chaos :D