PDA

View Full Version : Graphics of ACIV BF???

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
06-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi guys, i have a doubt, i dont know if the graphics of ACIV BF will be better than the ones from AC3 or unless the same. Or if are going to be worst because ac4 is also for next gen and the didnt do graphics good. What do you think people? IM SORRY, IM TALKING ABOUT PS3

pacmanate
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi guys, i have a doubt, i dont know if the graphics of ACIV BF will be better than the ones from AC3 or unless the same. Or if are going to be worst because ac4 is also for next gen and the didnt do graphics good. What do you think people?

What console are you thinking of? If on current gen, they are the same graphics, there wont be an improvement.

dex3108
06-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi guys, i have a doubt, i dont know if the graphics of ACIV BF will be better than the ones from AC3 or unless the same. Or if are going to be worst because ac4 is also for next gen and the didnt do graphics good. What do you think people?

Based on few previews that i have seen foliage got biggest improvement. Also textures are higher resolution and characters have more polygons. And iartsyle is far better than AC3. So AC4 should look better than AC3.

Jexx21
06-18-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't know what the second half of your post means.

ProletariatPleb
06-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Current gen graphics are trash at best, why would developing for next gen ruin it? if anything that will make it better.

SixKeys
06-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Don't expect huge improvements since the game is being developed simultaneously for current-gen and next-gen platforms. If it was next-gen only, there might be more of a difference.

ProletariatPleb
06-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Don't expect huge improvements since the game is being developed simultaneously for current-gen and next-gen platforms. If it was next-gen only, there might be more of a difference.
^This. As long as current gen is supported, improvement won't be there for ****e.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
I love that they develop for current gen. It still gives value for my 2 year bought PS3.

poptartz20
06-18-2013, 05:22 PM
I love that they develop for current gen. It still gives value for my 2 year bought PS3.

Haha... wow you bought your PS3 pretty late. Where you an Xbox player or just waited for a price drop? Either way I'm glad they still develop for current gen. Not everybody has the money to drop on release day. I'll probably grab one after it's been out for 6 mos. Even though I don't really want to wait that long.

Back on topic, I think the graphics on AC4 will really push the envelope for current gen. As for the new stuff, I think it's just the tip of the iceberg. (if even that) There will be so much they can do with those systems it will be crazy. Well basically be playing what we think are cinematic cut scenes the whole time.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Haha... wow you bought your PS3 pretty late. Where you an Xbox player or just waited for a price drop? Either way I'm glad they still develop for current gen. Not everybody has the money to drop on release day. I'll probably grab one after it's been out for 6 mos. Even though I don't really want to wait that long.

Back on topic, I think the graphics on AC4 will really push the envelope for current gen. As for the new stuff, I think it's just the tip of the iceberg. (if even that) There will be so much they can do with those systems it will be crazy. Well basically be playing what we think are cinematic cut scenes the whole time.

I waited for the price drop. I usually wait for the slim, bug-free, versions of the consoles. I don't really have enough money to invest in a PS4 and the 5 video games I want to buy as well, so I'll wait until thebPS3 no longer gets supported by game companies, my PC to no longer be able to play next gen video games and for the slim version to release and of course, get some mind-blowing grades to justify my parents getting me the machine, so maybe 2-3 years along the line.

ACfan443
06-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I was actually surprised at how awesome it looked on the PS4, considering it's a multi gen game. I was expecting it to look only slightly better than the current gen version.

SixKeys
06-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I was actually surprised at how awesome it looked on the PS4, considering it's a multi gen game. I was expecting it to look only slightly better than the current gen version.

Keep in mind this was a demo. The AC3 Frontier demo last year looked amazing, far better than the finished product, and that was most likely running on a PC.

montagemik
06-18-2013, 05:51 PM
I waited for the price drop. I usually wait for the slim, bug-free, versions of the consoles.

I don't really have enough money to invest in a PS4 and the 5 video games I want to buy as well, so I'll wait until thebPS3 no longer gets supported by game companies, my PC to no longer be able to play next gen video games and for the slim version to release and of course, get some mind-blowing grades to justify my parents getting me the machine, so maybe 2-3 years along the line.

My 60gb Launchday PS3 lasted over 5 years - I'm currently on my 2nd 320gb SLIM PS3 . (& the super slims seem flimsier still )
Personally can't say i've ever found a 'bug free' slim console.

Ureh
06-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah it's a fair assumption that ps3 graphics will be worse than ps4. It'll probably turn out like AC3 visuals. Maybe a little better I hope?

I wasn't as impressed with the on-stage demo graphics. To me, it didn't seem to measure up with other next-gen titles (and even some current gen games). But what I'm really worried me is since AC is annual, how will they be able to vastly improve the graphics? Will they have enough time? Can they justify improved graphics with frequent installments?

pacmanate
06-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah it's a fair assumption that ps3 graphics will be worse than ps4. It'll probably turn out like AC3 visuals. Maybe a little better I hope?

I wasn't as impressed with the on-stage demo graphics. To me, it didn't seem to measure up with other next-gen titles (and even some current gen games). But what I'm really worried me is since AC is annual, how will they be able to vastly improve the graphics? Will they have enough time? Can they justify improved graphics with frequent installments?

Thats not the problem, Anvil Next was made for next gen. The problem is that its open world, thats why the graphics look different.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 06:07 PM
My 60gb Launchday PS3 lasted over 5 years - I'm currently on my 2nd 320gb SLIM PS3 . (& the super slims seem flimsier still )
Personally can't say i've ever found a 'bug free' slim console.

Well, I have 2 friends which had a YLOD with their fat consoles after about 3 years, so I try to stay away from the fat, prototype versions, as from general people's experience, they have a higher probability of breaking down than the slim ones. I don't really have anything technical to back it up though. Just experience.

ACfan443
06-18-2013, 06:40 PM
The AC3 Frontier demo last year looked amazing, far better than the finished product.

It did? I thought it looked exactly the same as the finished product

SixKeys
06-18-2013, 07:00 PM
It did? I thought it looked exactly the same as the finished product

The differences were mostly in textures and faces. If you look at this guy, he looks more realistic than any of the characters we saw in the finished game:

http://gamesector.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/assassins-creed-iii-e3-frontier-gameplay-demo.jpg

That's not to say the finished graphics look bad by any means, just that the demo being smaller gave them more opportunities to finetune minute details like how characters emote (I'm still impressed by the facial capture on that guy when I watch the actual video). Other NPCs in the same video also had more detail to them than in the final game.

Bastiaen
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM
I waited for the price drop. I usually wait for the slim, bug-free, versions of the consoles. I don't really have enough money to invest in a PS4 and the 5 video games I want to buy as well, so I'll wait until thebPS3 no longer gets supported by game companies, my PC to no longer be able to play next gen video games and for the slim version to release and of course, get some mind-blowing grades to justify my parents getting me the machine, so maybe 2-3 years along the line.

That's why I'm glad to be the parent myself. Of course, It will be a long time yet before I let my little boy play AC, but as a working functioning adult, I get to make the decision to set aside some of my expendable income in order to pick up a next gen console. I do remember what it was like, but even as a teen, I had to purchase my own games, which meant getting a job.

But, Am I the only one who thinks that Edward's hair looked horrible in the demo? I think it just looks awful, and I'm usually really optimistic about everything in these games.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
That's why I'm glad to be the parent myself. Of course, It will be a long time yet before I let my little boy play AC, but as a working functioning adult, I get to make the decision to set aside some of my expendable income in order to pick up a next gen console. I do remember what it was like, but even as a teen, I had to purchase my own games, which meant getting a job.

But, Am I the only one who thinks that Edward's hair looked horrible in the demo? I think it just looks awful, and I'm usually really optimistic about everything in these games.

Didn't really notice his hair. It's barely an issue is it? Care to elaborate on why his hair was 'horrible'?

ACfan443
06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
The differences were mostly in textures and faces. If you look at this guy, he looks more realistic than any of the characters we saw in the finished game:

http://gamesector.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/assassins-creed-iii-e3-frontier-gameplay-demo.jpg

That's not to say the finished graphics look bad by any means, just that the demo being smaller gave them more opportunities to finetune minute details like how characters emote (I'm still impressed by the facial capture on that guy when I watch the actual video). Other NPCs in the same video also had more detail to them than in the final game.

I thought that the environments looked the same, if not better (especially in comparison to the Boston demo). As for the faces, I agree with you to some extent, but a few of the ones in game looked equally as impressive, the most notable ones being the clan mother and Charles lee.

AidenPixxel
06-19-2013, 05:57 PM
They look fantastic to me
http://s22.postimg.org/9q6bg90pc/Untitled.jpg

ACfan443
06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
They look fantastic to me
http://s22.postimg.org/9q6bg90pc/Untitled.jpg

That's not a very good example imo. The moment when he's crouching in the foliage in the demo...dayam, dat foliage.

AidenPixxel
06-19-2013, 06:17 PM
That's not a very good example imo. The moment when he's crouching in the foliage in the demo...dayam, dat foliage.

Yeah,that was great too but...that lighting OMG