PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Play / Cross-Platform

BigBuisneSS
06-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Hey Guys!
I think that the main question should be: "Does this Game support Cross-Platform Gameplay?"
A Game like this, which build up on Multiplayer, it should be possible that a PC Gamer can race with Friends, playing on a PS4.:D
And there are more Questions:
If i can Race with them, then...
- is it possible to "Free"-Drive with them or just do Missions? (As seen in the Multiplayer-Demo in YouTube?)
Does anybody have answers to this Question?

Arkany
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately, I doubt microsoft would ever agree to something like that between X1/PC and PS4. Maybe sony would or maybe something between PC and X1 could happen but microsoft gets b*tchy over something as simple not getting to release a dlc first.

tduckadmin
06-17-2013, 07:52 PM
PC and PS4 could be possible (wasn't there a PS3 game that did this?), and this is something I thought we would have in games by now.

Arkany
06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Shadowrun did but that was between the PC and 360, not PS3. I don't think I've ever heard of any others that were cross platform. I wish we did have features like this, they would be great for games like The Crew and Destiny

Krazy2768
06-17-2013, 08:34 PM
if any thing itll be between xbox and pc but theres always a downfall when playing vs on two completely different systems and then it would have to become a game for windows title which requires xbox live . As its not a shooter I don't see why it couldn't happen because the excuse of precision is normally carried by shooter games and since this is a driving game who knows xbox is trying to implement all sorts of things via phone tablet pc and console so they all work in harmony together

snaketus
06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes please! Sony/PC and MS/PC. SONY/MS will never happen tho. And there was game called Final Fantasy XI online that crossed ps2 and PC players yes. Microsoft don't own PC platform.

BigBuisneSS
06-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Well, i dont know much about these PS/MS Gaming Problems. I play on my Computer. But i have many Friends with PCs and PS. It would be a shame for UbiSoft, if its not possible in these High-End technology Days, that this is not possible. Because this would be a massive PLUS for all Gamer.

KabumDa
06-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Portal 2 -> PC & PS3 using Steam =)

Danskoglund91
07-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Yes please! Sony/PC and MS/PC. SONY/MS will never happen tho. And there was game called Final Fantasy XI online that crossed ps2 and PC players yes. Microsoft don't own PC platform. Actually ffxi online was for xbox 360 also.

Spadge005
07-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Only 4 pages and already double threads :rolleyes:
Anyway :

It would be nice. So we'd be able to get more population on a map.

This is creating a problem, since the playerbase would be split in 3, and I can imagine that there wouldn't be so much players on the PC servers, since this game is very CPU hungry, and a PS4 isn't as expensive as brand new gamer PC, even constitued manually.

Also again all the trouble with the friends ! Who's got a PS4, who's got the XBOX one (probably no one :D) and who got a PC ?!

I mean I won't buy a PS4, just for being able to play with my IRL friends, I'm more a PC user.
So yeah, I hope there will be cross plarform gaming, otherwise this platform jungle will altere the game experience, again :nonchalance: and will inflame those "debates".

MstrJediKyle
07-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Microsoft tends not to like cross platform because they can't "assure the quality of the online component."

CowboyThor
04-23-2014, 02:47 AM
i hope they will do some sort of cross platform play. i have a pc and i really, really, really, really, REEEAAALLYYY want this game and want to play it to its full graphics and performance potential but sadly pc games tend to have small player bases for multiplayer that die out extra quick. call of duty games on console have hundreds of thousands of players while on pc will only have maybe 10,000 at the start and dies off quick. i mean dota 2, the most played multiplayer game on steam by its charts only has 100,000 people playing. the only exception to small pc player bases is battlefield. i seriously dont want to have to buy a ps4 just to play this game for a long time without it running out of players within a few months.

DT-MadManCK
04-23-2014, 09:28 AM
There will be no cross platform interaction.

Every platform, XB1, PS4 and PC will have dedicated servers.