PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the original assassins creed setting was the best?

salman147
06-16-2013, 05:24 PM
The original assassins creed setting i.e. AC1 was Syria,the perfect place where assassins first originated.Who thinks that setting was the best?
Too bad it was less explored in AC1,Bloodlines and Altair's Chronicles.I wish Ubisoft makes a game based on that setting!
It'd be soo coool!

Billiam301
06-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I agree, Damascus is my favourite city in AC

ACfan443
06-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Yes, I LOVE medieval time periods. AC1 was great, but I still feel the setting's unexplored. It has so much potential and I'd love to see a sequel revisiting the era.

x___Luffy___x
06-16-2013, 06:54 PM
i agree AC1 had the best atmosphere and feel than any other AC.

i hope ubisoft goes back near the era of AC1 again and that game on the anvilnext would be so awesome.

silvermercy
06-16-2013, 07:01 PM
It was the original setting and, thus, the most genuine but I'd never want a repeat of the same location and period.

Rugterwyper32
06-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Personally, that's a big reason I want to see Moorish Spain. Give us a Cordoba and Granada as the Moorish cities, Pamplona and Leon as cities under Spanish control. Sounds like fun to me, and it could be set before AC1 which would be pretty amazing. The game could end with Almanzor's death in 1002.

Man how I'd love that.

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 07:12 PM
not me.

MasterAssasin84
06-16-2013, 08:09 PM
AC1 was the purest and freshest in the series ! and i loved the atmospheric feeling i got wondering the streets of jerusalem pick pocketing and eaves dropping on targets in the hustle and bustle of the brutal holy lands during the crusades !

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 08:13 PM
purest and freshest in the series? well yea, that makes sense, considering it was the first entry to the series. You can't get fresher than that.

terms like pure and fresh are ridiculous.

Rugterwyper32
06-16-2013, 08:24 PM
You know what else I think helped the AC1 setting? The fact it felt more like an actual backdrop and it lacked the "gump factor" that started showing up in later game (AC3 being the biggest offender). They actually took artistic liberties and did what they needed to make the cities fun to navigate and to give us enough targets. And it followed what Vidic said about how books and the such could be manipulated and we were seeing things "as they really were" according to the games. I mean, they shoved a huge Gothic cathedral in the middle of Acre where there never was one, but hey, it made sense considering what the series was going for and it made Acre more recognizable and fun.

I'm thinking AC4 has a lot of potential to do things like that, considering that there's not a big amount of documents of the time and they can work around stuff.

Farlander1991
06-16-2013, 08:28 PM
I mean, they shoved a huge Gothic cathedral in the middle of Acre where there never was one, but hey, it made sense considering what the series was going for and it made Acre more recognizable and fun.

Maybe it wasn't a Gothic cathedral, but wasn't there a big church built by the Crusaders in the 12th century at that approximate spot? (which stopped existing at like either 17th or 19th century? I can't remember exactly, need to find sources where I read about it)

Shahkulu101
06-16-2013, 08:30 PM
purest and freshest in the series? well yea, that makes sense, considering it was the first entry to the series. You can't get fresher than that.

Strongly agreed. For me, 'pure' is the word people use to justify AC1's barebone general content.

Farlander1991
06-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Okay, so, information about the Old City of Acre here (http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1042)

Other important quarters included those of the Patriarch (in which the Church of the Holy Cross, Acre's main cathedral, was built)

I assumed that was the cathedral we see in AC1, though it doesn't exist anymore.

Assassin_M
06-16-2013, 08:40 PM
*raises hand*

Sushiglutton
06-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I dunno, I thought Italian renaissance was great and a super clever choice of setting after AC1. In hindsight it kind of feel like the obvious one, which just shows how smart it was. It's also the, in the world of gaming, most unique setting imo.

MasterAssasin84
06-16-2013, 08:47 PM

When i say pure i was elaborating that fact that it was the closest thing to be an assassin ! no moving between crowds of people and seeing a shaded graph appear on the screen to signify you are incognito and hidden in plain site ! there was a prominent feeling of using the crowd to reach your objective ! .

Try reading into a post before posting sarcastic comments mate seriously

Rugterwyper32
06-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Okay, so, information about the Old City of Acre here (http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1042)

I assumed that was the cathedral we see in AC1, though it doesn't exist anymore.

Well, now I know something new. Issue is, even if there was a church there, the cathedral is still innacurate, as Gothic Architecture was limited to Europe and it was barely starting to show, so even if the location fits with a place that was destroyed that we have not much info on, the style certainly doesn't fit. If anything, I think it would've looked more Romanesque. But hey, Gothic's more recognizable and it works better with the city, plus it gives a tall viewpoint.
Good to know that there WAS something, though. I actually hadn't seen any info on it before you mentioned that, so thanks for it. At least they didn't come up with it out of thin air. Which makes me think that the process for making cities in AC4 is very much being similar, seeing how they're using the Parish Church in Kingston is the look it had back before it being destroyed even though it was built after the events of the game, and the Cathedral of Havana is there even though it was built later as well. Seems to me they're, once again, taking a few liberties coming up with stuff and hopefully we'll see stuff that actually wasn't there as well (I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff in AC1 that didn't actually exist, but hey). Adding a bunch of nonexistent high points would make for fun stuff, I think.

Just gonna add, here's this topic regarding real life versions of the AC1 landmarks:

http://www.thehiddenblade.com/real-life-locations

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 08:57 PM
When i say pure i was elaborating that fact that it was the closest thing to be an assassin ! no moving between crowds of people and seeing a shaded graph appear on the screen to signify you are incognito and hidden in plain site ! there was a prominent feeling of using the crowd to reach your objective ! .

Try reading into a post before posting sarcastic comments mate seriously

Yea, I didn't feel like I was blending into a crowd.

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Well, now I know something new. Issue is, even if there was a church there, the cathedral is still innacurate, as Gothic Architecture was limited to Europe and it was barely starting to show, so even if the location fits with a place that was destroyed that we have not much info on, the style certainly doesn't fit. If anything, I think it would've looked more Romanesque. But hey, Gothic's more recognizable and it works better with the city, plus it gives a tall viewpoint.
Good to know that there WAS something, though. I actually hadn't seen any info on it before you mentioned that, so thanks for it. At least they didn't come up with it out of thin air. Which makes me think that the process for making cities in AC4 is very much being similar, seeing how they're using the Parish Church in Kingston is the look it had back before it being destroyed even though it was built after the events of the game, and the Cathedral of Havana is there even though it was built later as well. Seems to me they're, once again, taking a few liberties coming up with stuff and hopefully we'll see stuff that actually wasn't there as well (I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff in AC1 that didn't actually exist, but hey). Adding a bunch of nonexistent high points would make for fun stuff, I think.

Just gonna add, here's this topic regarding real life versions of the AC1 landmarks:

http://www.thehiddenblade.com/real-life-locations

to add... in ACR the hagia sophia has all 4 minarets which it didn't have at the time the game took place

Assassin_M
06-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Yea, I didn't feel like I was blending into a crowd.
The idea of blending in AC I is different from the games after it...you blend with the people when you conform to society. When you don`t push anyone, when you do not bump into people, when you do not do free running antics ans such...that was AC I`s blending..going out of the ordinary always had the guards on our collective asses

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 10:07 PM
that's still present in the other games though..

Assassin_M
06-16-2013, 10:11 PM
that's still present in the other games though..
But you don`t get attacked if you shove people or create a commotion between civilians anymore..

Farlander1991
06-16-2013, 10:15 PM
But you don`t get attacked if you shove people or create a commotion between civilians anymore..

Well, your notoriety increases though. And you get shoved by guards a few times.

Though both these things are not the same.

Assassin_M
06-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Well, your notoriety increases though. And you get shoved by guards a few times.

Though both these things are not the same.
Sure..it`s all evidence of the blending system being redone in later games...

Billiam301
06-17-2013, 12:40 AM
to add... in ACR the hagia sophia has all 4 minarets which it didn't have at the time the game took place

To add even further, the tall building in San Marco Square (Venice) from AC2 was actually made of wood during the renaissance but was burned down and rebuilt with stone

Assassin_M
06-17-2013, 12:49 AM
To add even further, the tall building in San Marco Square (Venice) from AC2 was actually made of wood during the renaissance but was burned down and rebuilt with stone
also, the dome of the rock did not have a golden dome...it was made of black lead at the time

Shahkulu101
06-17-2013, 01:50 AM
I loathed the kingdom with an absolute passion...so a definite no.

SixKeys
06-17-2013, 02:06 AM
The Kingdom is awesome. I always go through it even when I don't have to on the way to my next objective.

Jexx21
06-17-2013, 03:27 AM
I like the kingdom to an extent.

But I feel like the whole setting felt bogged down by the hazy looking screen and color tints. I think I would like it a lot better if it had used ACB-AC3's sky/tint/screen system. Even AC2 was better, but still had the stupid heavy color tints in the cities.

Killrbees17
06-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Bring that shyt back. I'll be honest, playing in that time period as an assassin, fighting the templars felt like the real deal. Authentic. I, like so many players want to see this game brought back to this era. Bring us back to the start Ubi. Doubt it will happen, fuackers

poptartz20
06-17-2013, 04:50 AM
I enjoyed the first one, now that the series has strayed so far from it I almost feel a nostalgia for the gameplay. I feel that between all 3 games lies the perfect AC game mechanics.

ProletariatPleb
06-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Me me me me. The first game is godlike, after that it become mainstream trash.

Jexx21
06-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Bring that shyt back. I'll be honest, playing in that time period as an assassin, fighting the templars felt like the real deal. Authentic. I, like so many players want to see this game brought back to this era. Bring us back to the start Ubi. Doubt it will happen, fuackers

you do realize that putting in certain letters to circumvent the censoring system actually looks more ridiculous than have your curse words being replaced with ****

salman147
06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
The only reason AC1 got negative critics reviews was because of the bad cutscenes,more repetitive(in fact 100% repetitive.Every mission was a repeat like the previous Memory Block except the last mission.)
But,look at the mission design,the freedom of assassinations,the serious plot twists and the most perfect setting: Damascus,Masyaf,Syria.The first assassin(Hassan I Sabbah) was also born here.
But he had strange relations with Al Mualim.I hope we get to explore Al Mualim's backstory:How he became an assassin from the Knights Templar.
And one thing I realized in AC1 ending was that Al Mualim still swore the Assassin's Creed:
Al Mualim:I found proof.
Al Tair:Proof of what?
Al Mualim:That nothing is true and EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.
So,his devotion towards the creed proves that he was the most righteous assassin(Inspite of acting like a Templar).
The reason AC1 setting was the best was also because:There was the Assassin's Brotherhood that made more sense of ''Brotherhood'' than all the future assassins creed titles.The rest games were:rescue this guy and he joins your brotherhood without knowing the three assassins tenants:
1)Never harm an innocent.
2)Be stealthy.
3)Never compromise the Brotherhood.
And this made sense why the first game was called:Assassin's Creed.
But the future games were more about Revenge for family deaths,War of Liberation,Piracy(AC Black flag.)

TheHumanTowel
06-17-2013, 04:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bBWlg.gif

CalgaryJay
06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Definitely. Bring AC3's graphics/gameplay into the AC1 world would be d*ck-explodingly good. I'd love to see the Kingdom with an attention to detail like the Frontier. Ubi, shut up and take my money!

AC1's setting is also the most natural setting for the Assassins, seeing as its the only time/place they ever actually existed, at least on record.

salman147
06-18-2013, 09:42 AM
But this thread is useless unless someone can convince Ubosoft to make a game based on the first setting.

roostersrule2
06-18-2013, 09:47 AM
But this thread is useless unless someone can convince Ubosoft to make a game based on the first setting.Let me introduce you to AC1 it's a game set in the same time, place and even has the same story and graphics as the first game, enjoy.

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 09:49 AM
But this thread is useless unless someone can convince Ubosoft to make a game based on the first setting.
That would be quite repetitive....there are many, MANY settings left in the world....unless we`v explored most, I don`t want them going back to an old setting

salman147
06-18-2013, 09:58 AM
That would be quite repetitive....there are many, MANY settings left in the world....unless we`v explored most, I don`t want them going back to an old setting

It's not that.The setting of AC1 was very very very less explored.I mean we were not given any introduction to the third crusade,why the Templars wanted to seize the holy land,why they betrayed King Richard and Sultan Salladin.We didn't even get to know how the assassin's brotherhood was formed in AC1.If they could explore the Third Crusade setting as they did in AC3 and 2,then it'd be perfect.
Never mind though.

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 10:04 AM
It's not that.The setting of AC1 was very very very less explored.I mean we were not given any introduction to the third crusade,why the Templars wanted to seize the holy land,why they betrayed King Richard and Sultan Salladin.We didn't even get to know how the assassin's brotherhood was formed in AC1.If they could explore the Third Crusade setting as they did in AC3 and 2,then it'd be perfect.
Never mind though.
We got some of those Qs answered in the game, though....not necessarily how the Assassins formed here, we know that from history, but we pretty much know why the Templars wanted the Holy land from the dialogue in the game (they want what they always wanted. peace through control and there plan was preparing the people for the new world to come. they would`v used the POE to stimulate an effect similar to what Al-mualim did in Masyaf, but on a larger scale and assume control and bring peace as they claim)

and we know why they betrayed (not literally betrayed) the King and Sultan (because they were at war with each other, the peace that the Templars seek is against the war of religion)...

It`s all in the game

Jexx21
06-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm bored of the AC1 setting. Let's move to a new setting. Maybe the renaissance.

Ureh
06-18-2013, 03:01 PM
I think the setting felt the most relevant to the Creed. The story, cities, and the characters, how everything played out. It's the "best" in that regard. Not so much in varied gameplay though. The kingdom... all that space went to waste pretty quickly...

Jexx21
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually want them to remake AC1.

I can see it happening. Releasing a redone AC1 in 2017 and HD remasters of AC2-AC3.

roostersrule2
06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't see the point in a remake, it's not going to be that much of a difference.

Jexx21
06-18-2013, 03:08 PM
with better investigation missions, and actual side missions.

It'd be like a new game covering what AC1 had before.

Plus PS4 won't be able to play previous gen games unless it's through streaming and my internet sucks so yah.

Megas_Doux
06-19-2013, 03:23 AM

Hipster :P

Being serious, I would LOVE to see AC1 with the "modern" gameplay mechanics such as day and night cycle, weather, and sort of....

The only thing better than that, is a Haytham vs Altair showdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I-Like-Pie45
06-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Hipster :P

Being serious, I would LOVE to see AC1 with the "modern" gameplay mechanics such as day and night cycle, weather, and sort of....

The only thing better than that, is a Haytham vs Altair showdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Juan v Juan fights are so stupid

Haytham and Altair should settle their differences through a debate over tea and we can have kid Connor and Edward playing with teddy bears in the background while it happens.