PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag have 3 large cities, 50 locations and 75 islands

catkiller97
06-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag have 3 large cities, 50 locations and 75 islands
According to Ubisoft says the game is full of content.

During E3 this year, 3DJuegos have had the opportunity to interview with the game director of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag , which has shelled for us some aspects of the ambitious set of content that will offer the program.

"The open world we've created is massive. More than 50 locations and 3 large urban centers," said Ashraf Ismail. "In addition we unexplored islands of the order of 75. The world is full of content."

"What we offer is something that has not been done before in any game with a shared economy. We have cities, but we also have caves, ruins, forts, plantations, underwater environments ... is a truly massive world, with lots of content that the player can find, "he said.

Source (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.3djuegos.com/foros/tema/22162025/0/la-version-de-playstation-de-assassins-creed-4-incluiran-a-aveline/%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D670&rurl=translate.google.co.in&sl=es&u=http://www.3djuegos.com/noticia/134511/2/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/3-grandes-ciudades/&usg=ALkJrhjj0Wp0jXR7mCD97CNWCHYtn7DYAw)

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Difference between Islands and locations please...do some of the islands house other locations?? Are they separate?? numbers can be so loosely used...

Rich with content should be good..the Frontier wasn't too rich..it was more rich than the kingdom, but it fell into the same trap afterwards...

roostersrule2
06-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Awhhhhh shieeeeeet.

silvermercy
06-15-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm guessing we'll have to discover all those 75 islands, right? I mean they won't be on the map from the start? Or will they?

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm guessing we'll have to discover all those 75 islands, right? I mean they won't be on the map from the start? Or will they?
Good question...and if we have to find them....perhaps they should ensure it`s fun...like not going to every corner in the map....people hated that....perhaps discovering an island can work like Anno...it reveals a large portion of the map

lothario-da-be
06-15-2013, 12:30 PM
AC was going to be full of content too, and it was going to have a STORY of 20 hours, yeahh, 20 hours.

Sushiglutton
06-15-2013, 12:34 PM
And what about gameplay quality?

MasterAssasin84
06-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Good question...and if we have to find them....perhaps they should ensure it`s fun...like not going to every corner in the map....people hated that....perhaps discovering an island can work like Anno...it reveals a large portion of the map

I would be willing to bet we have to discover these islands and the main cities like Nassau, Kingston and Havana will be already on the map but not instantly accessible until the player progresses.

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 01:07 PM
And what about gameplay quality?
aint no body got time fo` dat

nonlifer
06-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Did they tell anything about what will happen in present day?

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Did they tell anything about what will happen in present day?
First person, you`re the protagonist, employee of Abstergo entertainment, not templar, free roam in Abstergo, hired to research Desmond`s ancestry..nothing else...it`s all you really need to know anyway..

nonlifer
06-15-2013, 01:12 PM
thanks

Sushiglutton
06-15-2013, 01:31 PM
aint no body got time fo` dat

I do :(. But it seems like they are playing the tons-of-content-none-of-it-fun- card again.

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I do :(. But it seems like they are playing the tons-of-content-none-of-it-fun- card again.
At least they`re not saying "ohmagodzzz bezt AC evirrrr" right? :P

Sushiglutton
06-15-2013, 01:35 PM
At least they`re not saying "ohmagodzzz bezt AC evirrrr" right? :P

I guess. Something to be excited about at last :D!

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I guess. Something to be excited about at last :D!
Indeed and it`s pretty clear that they`re not over-hyping it either...just one, short, rather disappointing gameplay at E3......Last year we had 3 demos :|

dxsxhxcx
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM

I hated that in AC3 but IMO AC:BF could benefit from it IF they make the area our character/ship make visible in the map bigger AND they add viewpoints that'll make the entire world visible once all of them are used (like in AC1/2), I don't have words to describe the frustation I had in the cities/frontier in AC3 when I walked through that entire map to uncover the little blurry areas still left just to realize there wasn't nothing interesting to see in those places...

Sushiglutton
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Indeed and it`s pretty clear that they`re not over-hyping it either...just one, short, rather disappointing gameplay at E3......Last year we had 3 demos :|

That is a bit odd now that you mention it. They could have shown some recorded open world footage if they were scared of bugs and such. I mean Ash have said it's amuch more open experience with less hand-holding and yet they choose to show only five minutes of the opposite. Don't get it tbh.

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
That is a bit odd now that you mention it. They could have shown some recorded open world footage if they were scared of bugs and such. I mean Ash have said it's amuch more open experience with less hand-holding and yet they choose to show only five minutes of the opposite. Don't get it tbh.
I think we`re onto something heya >_>

Jexx21
06-15-2013, 06:31 PM
disappointing? I thought it looked pretty good.

I mean, it left me wanting more. That's what a demo should do.

Jexx21
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
They showed an open-world demo to the press.. I'd imagine that we'd get that in video form in a couple months.

Rugterwyper32
06-15-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking the 50 locations will work as fast travel points along the Caribbean, but there will be at least 25 unmarked islands that you'll have to find by yourself where you'll get treasure and the such. Would make sense to me

deskp
06-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Um you guys, I think it might be 25 sand banks and that. not 75.

50 locations + 25 sand banks/small island = 75

Their wording is abit confusing, but don't go on all "but they said!!!" when it turns out theres 25 and not 75 sand banks/small islands.

Jexx21
06-15-2013, 07:27 PM
if*

they did say 75 playas..

poptartz20
06-15-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm waiting for the announce like Rockstar did with GTA IV.

The areas to explore will be bigger than the maps of AC1-AC3 put together.

BAM. With Random events free roam assassination contracts etc.

pacmanate
06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Thats better than what I thought. I thought that 50 locations included Islands. So what are locations then?

Ureh
06-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Locations might be caves/ruins/etc.

monster_rambo
06-16-2013, 02:51 AM
Thats better than what I thought. I thought that 50 locations included Islands. So what are locations then?

I imagine important landmarks and HUB areas. They said underwater, plantation, ruins, etc. Hopefully none of these locations are constricted and linear. I think if they are actually putting a number onto things than that means they are confident enough that will be in the final game. The most important question that still remains is whether they are actually fully open world and explorable and that can only be confirmed from demos and the final game itself.

lothario-da-be
06-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Locations might be caves/ruins/etc.
If Havana;Kingston and Nassau are 3 of those locations, 50 is still very much.

monster_rambo
06-16-2013, 09:25 AM
If Havana;Kingston and Nassau are 3 of those locations, 50 is still very much.

It all depends what they mean by location. And how big and much we can explore.