PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Creed IV Demo wasn't really exciting...

OSantaClownO
06-14-2013, 07:20 PM
I mean, it really felt like AC III to me if you ask me.
You just kill everything that moves , no stealth and no social.
Everything that is on the demo is just because the game tells you to and it all sudden.
BAM a fire - so you must run and ruin the ships.
and that's it.

ACfan443
06-14-2013, 07:44 PM
There was stealth when stalking the target - sitting on the bench and flirting with the woman, quickly sitting around the campfire and swigging alcohol, crouching in the foliage and what seems to be regular crouching.

But I agree that the demo wasn't exciting, it felt too much like AC3 but with a new skin. Worst AC demo in my opinion.

The music was awesome though.

guardian_titan
06-14-2013, 08:09 PM
It was a demo. A demo is meant to demonstrate something. What did you expect? For them to show off the entire game and spoil the story as well?

The demo showed:
1.) The transition from cutscene to gameplay being seamless
2.) Stealthily sitting on a bench and interacting with the person next to you rather than sitting there like a bump on a log
3.) Stealthily kneeling by a fire and interacting with those around you by taking a swig from the rum bottle
- Both 2 and 3 show social stealth in that Edward is interacting with those around him to blend in. No assassin previously has interacted with those they tried to blend in with. Could argue Altair did act like the monks he could blend in with, but all they did was walk around in an assigned path. He didn't chat with them or otherwise interact with them in any way besides stand in the middle of them. Edward's interacting with those around him and they're interacting back.
4.) Stealthily dashing through foliage and seeing the leaves move and nearby animals reacting resulting in the guys Edward was tailing to actually react rather than stand there looking stupid as Edward inched up on them
5.) A possible crouch ability that people here have been requesting
6.) Tree running is back
7.) Edward can perform double assassinations like Ezio, Haytham, and Connor
8.) The 4 gun execution streak
9.) Transition to a cutscene (showing the cannon fire) back to gameplay being seamless
10.) Free running back to the Jackdaw
11.) The fire animation and particle effects
12.) The seamless transition from freerunning through the pirate town to taking over the Jackdaw
13.) Some naval combat with the aimable cannons and use of barrels
14.) Dropping control of the Jackdaw to jumping to an enemy ship
15.) The damage to the Jackdaw and how much it can potentially take
16.) The environment

Another interesting bit is that in the demos, I never saw Edward reload his guns or pick up a new one so when he killed the 4 guys, he must have been out of bullets. Yet he gets to the ship at the end and shoots a fifth guy before helping Blackbeard to his feet ending the demo. So either:
1.) Edward carries more than 4 guns
2.) It was a glitch that he could fire a 5th shot
3.) He has double barreled flintlocks
4.) He managed to reload at some point but was too quick to catch (the demo freezing didn't help much)
5.) He picked up another gun that I didn't see
6.) Animus hack for no reloading is back
He had not yet reached Blackbeard to steal one of his guns yet nor did I see Blackbeard throw him a gun. Chances are Blackbeard used his own guns prior to Edward showing up already so was out of ammo as well.

There was plenty shown there to whet the appetite. Ubisoft has no reason to show more than that at the moment. We have 4 1/2 months roughly until the game is out. They have more conventions to attend and thus more they can show then. Patience, young grasshopper. Patience. :rolleyes: If they revealed everything now, the hype for the game would be dead by October and we'd be bored with it. Better to sprinkle information and keep our attention than to give us everything at once and have us drop off like flies shortly after. Carrot on the stick. Why give us the carrot right now when we can chase it to the destination first? :p

pacmanate
06-14-2013, 08:13 PM
I mean, it really felt like AC III to me if you ask me.
You just kill everything that moves , no stealth and no social.
Everything that is on the demo is just because the game tells you to and it all sudden.
BAM a fire - so you must run and ruin the ships.
and that's it.

Stealth = Crouching and stalking zones
Social = Drinking, sitting on bench chatting up woman

I dont get your point?

MasterAssasin84
06-15-2013, 12:34 AM
The Demo showed the main features ubi wanted to address !

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 12:43 AM
It showed Social stealth, regular stealth, action sequence and Naval...demo was exciting?? eeeeh, probably not, but it showed all that need be shown...

kesh_362
06-15-2013, 01:18 AM
No stealth? really? watch the demo again.

Jexx21
06-15-2013, 01:29 AM
I dunno, I liked the demo.

roostersrule2
06-15-2013, 02:15 AM
I liked the demo I just feel it was overshadowed by the new consoles and other games.

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Actually we didnt'see a fight, that would have been great and logic since the ships were on battle. :/ I was hoping them showing a evolution in the fight system, in particular with the difficulty.

roostersrule2
06-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Actually we didnt'see a fight, that would have been great and logic since the ships were on battle. :/ I was hoping them showing a evolution in the fight system, in particular with the difficulty.IMO I don't think difficulty is really needed in the AC combat, just the AI to be fixed. The difficulty in AC should be in puzzles/glyphs.

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 05:35 AM
IMO I don't think difficulty is really needed in the AC combat, just the AI to be fixed. The difficulty in AC should be in puzzles/glyphs.

Okay but the puzzles are gone with Yohalem and if there is one place the AI should be fixed it's definetly for the combats. They are OP for sneak, but to weack in combat. result, people goes into a rumble during the stealth missions zones (forts) because it's way more easy, and also more funny.

Also, since chasing is long and boring, people also screw this up and head in the fight, why? Because it's more fun and easy. BUT, if they adjust the combat system to make it harder, people will act much more in a stealth way and will think twise before heading in a fight.

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 05:48 AM
people will act much more in a stealth way and will think twise before heading in a fight.
No, if combat became hard, people will whine and moan

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 05:52 AM
No, if combat became hard, people will whine and moan

casuals will whine and moan*

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 05:59 AM
casuals will whine and moan*
not necessarily, i`v seen more veterans whine about the lee chase and how it`s "too uhh uhh hard" than all casuals combined...

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 06:06 AM
not necessarily, i`v seen more veterans whine about the lee chase and how it`s "too uhh uhh hard" than all casuals combined...

What do you mean by ''veterans''. I consider veterans those who can beat Robert de Sablé and Al Mualim without getting hurt more then 5 times. The rest a joke.

Personnaly I found the Lee Chase really easy? Don't know why people complains about it?

roostersrule2
06-15-2013, 06:07 AM
not necessarily, i`v seen more veterans whine about the lee chase and how it`s "too uhh uhh hard" than all casuals combined...It's quite sad.

roostersrule2
06-15-2013, 06:08 AM
What do you mean by ''veterans''. I consider veterans those who can beat Robert de Sablé and Al Mualim without getting hurt more then 5 times. The rest a joke.

Personnaly I found the Lee Chase really easy? Don't know why people complains about it?He means the hardcore players, the ones who are regulars on here and have an extensive knowledge of the AC series, also have played all the games, been around for awhile etc.

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 06:13 AM

Personnaly I found the Lee Chase really easy? Don't know why people complains about it?
That`d make a lot of casuals :/

Veterans, from what I see it, are basically those who know most of the AC lore and stuff...know that Lee didn't burn Connor`s village, know that TWcB are not aliens and spell Connor`s name right....

I know it`s easy.....but look at these guys, they whined from a CHASE -_-

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 06:21 AM
That`d make a lot of casuals :/

Veterans, from what I see it, are basically those who know most of the AC lore and stuff...know that Lee didn't burn Connor`s village, know that TWcB are not aliens and spell Connor`s name right....

No, since a casual never played AC1 ;) BURN. (kidding) btw, it is extremely difficult to accomplish this. I beg you wouldn't be able.

Well then I can understand that a lot of them complains about the Lee chase. I mean it's nice to know everything about the game, but if you can't play it...well. But usually the hardcore fans that masterised the game complains about the fact that the combats and also the whole game is way too easy and at some point assisted.

Jexx21
06-15-2013, 06:26 AM
I dunno, I felt like the combat in AC3 was difficult.

I mean, I don't die much, but to get everything perfect and to combine moves and such in such a perfect looking way is difficult.

Honestly, in AC1 it's pretty easy to make the combat look great.

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 06:29 AM
I dunno, I felt like the combat in AC3 was difficult.

I mean, I don't die much, but to get everything perfect and to combine moves and such in such a perfect looking way is difficult.

Honestly, in AC1 it's pretty easy to make the combat look great.

Depends the ennemy, on the basics guards until the jagers, it's really easy to chain kill them really smoothly. You just need to know how to use the glitches.

For AC1, depends too, the basic guard are easy to chain kill to. Put when the officers and commanders and Templars shows up, damn it's a whole other thing.

LeapofFaith33
06-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Guys not to just jump in here after a long while with no post but.....we may be able to put his hood up and down with a button push. GET EXCITED

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 08:18 AM
we may be able to put his hood up and down with a button push. GET EXCITED
this was confirmed not to be the case.....

I`m terribly sorry

LeapofFaith33
06-15-2013, 08:30 AM
(super overly dramatic yell from Star Wars: ROTS) "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Assassin_M
06-15-2013, 08:31 AM
(super overly dramatic yell from Star Wars: ROTS) "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Hey, at least we can collect songs :D

that`s exciting right?..............right??

LeapofFaith33
06-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Hey, at least we can collect songs :D

that`s exciting right?..............right??

Can...can we choose which one is being sung?

Sushiglutton
06-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Yeah it was massively dispointing imo. Very linear, scripted and hand-holdy. The mechanics were as automatic as ever. New types of blending for the same stalking missions we have done since AC2 isn't enough innovation. Linear jungles with artifically placed objects for cinematic routes. Etc etc. It was a dreadful demo that felt like a punch in the stomach.

AdamPearce
06-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Also, I noticed that Blackbeard actually have holsters for his guns, nut not Edward ?! it's just so confusing, why would an secondary character can have holsters but not the Main Character? I know it's a detail but damn it psses me off. I hope they'll fix it.

poptartz20
06-15-2013, 05:50 PM
well... I don't know what you guys expect considering they are using the same engine as AC3 also look at the multiplayer that hasn't changed either since revelations. I loved the music during the demo though! also I liked the details in the demo like the plants actually moving with Edward when he moves. I also really like the atmosphere.

I really don't know what people are expecting from the AC franchise anymore everything is never good enough. maybe it's time to move on. after this one. haha.

Mr_Shade
06-15-2013, 05:55 PM
The Demo showed the main features ubi wanted to address !
indeed - which as has been said a few times already, is the point of the E3 demo..

It's [if you want to get all jargon] a vertical slice of gameplay showing a range of features /gameplay in a short period of time.

The mission, may have been created just for that purpose.

JamJar502
06-15-2013, 09:18 PM
the AI should be fixed i.
Given the power of the next-gen consoles, I would expect an increase in the quality of the AI, and before you mention that PCs are leaps and bounds ahead of consoles (which we all know they are), as AC is a multiplatform release, it'll be(or was) difficult to adjust the AI behaviour across the variety of platforms, so it's easier to keep it all the same.
So to sum up, ideally the AI on pc and consoles should be the same, and better than in previous AC games.

Ureh
06-15-2013, 11:26 PM
I thought the demo wasn't long enough. We need to see more! :O