PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft on Watch_Dogs next-gen improvements, PS4 and Xbox One “have comparable power”

catkiller97
06-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Ubisoft on Watch_Dogs next-gen improvements, PS4 and Xbox One “have comparable power”

Watch_Dogs will have a few extra bells and whistles on next-gen consoles. There will be visual improvements such as enhanced water effects, more NPCs with better AI, and more.

Dominic Guay, senior producer on Watch_Dogs, also says that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One “have comparable power”.

“There are obviously quite a few differences. There’s graphics, of course, but there’s also the dynamism of the city. For example, the water is far more realistic on next gen, the way it flows and parts when you drive a boat through it. We also gave better brains to NPCs, they are smarter in what they do and how they react to the player. Plus, there is a lot more of them on the street at once. The hardware is still new and it’s obvious to us that it is going to take a while to get to the full power and harness everything. What is clear is that both systems, PS4 and Xbox One, have comparable power which is good for us as developers.”

Source (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1963647/watch_dogs_ubisoft_details_nextgen_differences.htm l)

pacmanate
06-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Rain is affected by wind in Next Gen
More NPC profiles in Next Gen

^2 more Next Gen improvements

General_Lekauf
06-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Honestly, the specs on both look outstanding when you compare them to current gen. I'm excited for just how much better these next gen games will be, how the will raise the bar with their AI's, their looks, their overall size and performance. I get that PC has already had these abilities, but unless a game was PC exclusive or designed with PC in mind and later ported, nothing was taking it to the level we will see this upcoming generation. And that just excites me.

Dome500
06-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Honestly, the specs on both look outstanding when you compare them to current gen. I'm excited for just how much better these next gen games will be, how the will raise the bar with their AI's, their looks, their overall size and performance. I get that PC has already had these abilities, but unless a game was PC exclusive or designed with PC in mind and later ported, nothing was taking it to the level we will see this upcoming generation. And that just excites me.

Indeed. PC was held back by the consoled until now and now I am really eager to see what nextgen can do for my gameplay on PC.
I mean I expect the PC to become superior again within the next years but that's just a normal process since new consoles only get out every 4 - 5 years and new PC pieces are build 24/7.
But at least for the next two years the games for all platforms might not be reduced to what a console can handle because every platform can do (almost) the same in terms of hardware.