PDA

View Full Version : No footprints and poor shadow draw distance

Bossolin
06-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Come on guys, it's Next gen, you are making a game set in the winter season and have no footprints??? Also, can you please increase the draw distance on shadows? To help you understand what I mean, please look in the gameplay video(2:35) on the building to the right of the player and see how the shadows sort of pops in. That doesn't look good at all.
I hope this gets fixed because I want this game to succeed as much as you do!

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O_j9uKBmUEk#t=154s

Cabbagehead13
06-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Come on guys, it's Next gen, you are making a game set in the winter season and have no footprints??? Also, can you please increase the draw distance on shadows? To help you understand what I mean, please look in the gameplay video(2:35) on the building to the right of the player and see how the shadows sort of pops in. That doesn't look good at all.

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O_j9uKBmUEk#t=154s

just so you know, that game demo was pre-alpha stage and now think about that in a year or two just for second...but i agree nonetheless.

MotorBoatBbBbB
06-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Still have a lot of time til the game is released, man. No need to knit pick right now. Just wait a little while.

djeclipse
06-14-2013, 01:04 AM

With all the details going on in the game. Forgetting footprints is your biggest issue. I just hope it runs properly on a day to day basis.

RockFoster51
06-14-2013, 01:11 AM
If Ubisoft wants to make this game really sick they should make it so that, if a player shoots another players gun that it would become disabled and that they would have to bring it somewhere to get fixed or some din'........and if you get killed, your team needs to save you and if they all get killed that they just spawn random....or you respond in a hospital, in a bed NOT on the front steps....finally you should be able to disign a fort in a buildind or something for you and your teammates, upgrades consist of: windows, walls, armory, turrets,smoke, vault, front door, and resting quarters for the team members. thats it...hahahaha.....but seriously that would make the game a BEAST!!!!!!!!

Solo856.
06-14-2013, 01:34 AM
just so you know, that game demo was pre-alpha stage and now think about that in a year or two just for second...but i agree nonetheless.

Truuuuuuuuuuue, but its still alpha though. Didn't he close the door when he walked by it?

Sirac
06-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Truuuuuuuuuuue, but its still alpha though. Didn't he close the door when he walked by it?

Prerequisite for all next-gen games... Closing car doors with your hand when you walk by one that is open.

How about opening the door up to get behind it for cover? Assuming you are trying to avoid small caliber fire.

- Scar

Paab_82
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Prerequisite for all next-gen games... Closing car doors with your hand when you walk by one that is open.

How about opening the door up to get behind it for cover? Assuming you are trying to avoid small caliber fire.

- Scar

Because every special agent and anyone with some tactical training knows that a car door gives zero protection against firearms... and when in TIC you assume the enemy got more then 22. cal.

Anyways, I would also like to see foot prints in the snow... And I would also like to see seasonal cycles. Imagine beeing stuck at xmas 365 days a year :P

PavorNocturnuss
06-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Footprints would be cool but i usually stop noticing them after awhile anyway, so not the hugest thing. The draw distance does seem short, i would hope it gets increased. If it went from where he stands at the underground spot, to the end of the white building with plastic, headed towards the police station I would be good with that.

A seasonal cycle would be awesome. I'm just hoping for a day/night cycle right now. The city would be sick at night having to use flashlights and flares for vision.

Pankratz1980
06-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Remember that it's an MMO with lots of people and unpredictable interactions, not a single player game with AI bots, so sacrifices have to be made.