PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith 2014 - So many Damn Songs!

KilaRoach
06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Rocksmith 2014 will have at least 250 songs available at launch!!

That is counting the:
50 Rocksmith 2014 disc songs
57 Rocksmith 2011 disc songs
140 DLC songs available right now

All these songs will be available to play in Rocksmith 2014 on day 1!

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/music/index.aspx

sh1kamaru-
06-13-2013, 09:09 PM
dude you have already created 4 topics about rocksmith 2014, did this really deserve a thread of its own or shouldn’t it be in Rocksmith 2014 topic ?

I don’t mean to tame your enthusiasm, my status message on psn is “RS 2014 can’t wait”, but tbh I find this a bit disproportionate given that the game will release in a few months.

rcole_sooner
06-13-2013, 09:16 PM
...and this one seems to be about songs, which fits better in Rock On.

LvlNinety9
06-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Nothing wrong with some enthusiasm. Although the fact that 250 songs will be available at launch is nothing to sneeze at. To be honest I'm wondering if some of the old DLC will be incorporating the new techniques they are planning for RS2014. It's already been shown that one of the DLC songs has some techniques listed that weren't in RS1.

KilaRoach
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Sorry if my rocket blasts of enthusiasm have seared your wing tips.:o

I've been kinda chuckling at myself a bit about it too.

sh1kamaru-
06-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Nothing wrong with some enthusiasm. Although the fact that 250 songs will be available at launch is nothing to sneeze at. To be honest I'm wondering if some of the old DLC will be incorporating the new techniques they are planning for RS2014. It's already been shown that one of the DLC songs has some techniques listed that weren't in RS1.

I agree with you that it’s not that much given than RB’s got 15+ times more songs, but I quite like the fact that there is quality over quantity. There are many genres represented, and usually great songs, and it takes a lot more time to master them than it takes to play it on 5 buttons. I think the number of available songs is quite comparable with the number of songs in RB that have a pro-guitar upgrade. Plus there are often several arrangements for the same song :)

As for additional techniques I also agree with you, if only YYZ had the pinch harmonics that would be awesome !

reddragonhrcro
06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Was asking myself if they will have backwards compability for prvious DLC songs and great to see that its there.
Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"? Already one + for ingame song library on my list.

Selurevad
06-14-2013, 04:55 PM
If you count arrangements (and I do) Rocksmith has exactly 625 separate guitar and bass arrangements to play today. If you compare that against RB pro guitar and bass only, which I believe is the only fair comparison as I don't care about songs I can play on a plastic guitar, RS already blows RB out of the water. Fifty plus new songs on RS2014 is probably going to give us more than 200 new arrangements.

This doesn't even count that which shall not be named. :)

Brick235
06-14-2013, 05:02 PM
If you count arrangements (and I do) Rocksmith has exactly 625 separate guitar and bass arrangements to play today. If you compare that against RB pro guitar and bass only, which I believe is the only fair comparison as I don't care about songs I can play on a plastic guitar, RS already blows RB out of the water. Fifty plus new songs on RS2014 is probably going to give us more than 200 new arrangements.

This doesn't even count that which shall not be named. :)

Yeah, I never realized how much there was until I started counting up how many I didn't have "mastered". It was well over 100. Now I'm still only down to about 75 on guitar and 2 on bass. Plenty to work on.

guitarman529
06-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Thats not bad at all. Seems low for 3 years though but with all the arrangments they offer its alot more then you realize. I agree with quality over quantity but it depends on the person and what they like. They definitely covered genres though that is for sure. I can even see more gernres and decades with the extra tunnings you are going to get.

tyr-csard
06-14-2013, 10:11 PM
I had no idea who B'z are so I just checked them (pretty good) out and hopefully this means we will see more non-English songs.

Wodashin
06-15-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm hoping it's the Japanese version of Ultra Soul by B'z, personally. The solo is more complex there. Maybe out of my skill level, but it's always nice to have something to aspire to, and to have on-disc songs that are at that kind of level.