PDA

View Full Version : PC release date?

andreycvetov
06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Is the pc release on the same day as the consoles and of not,how much is the delay.Ubisoft are really pissing me of with the delays!:mad:

pacmanate
06-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Is the pc release on the same day as the consoles and of not,how much is the delay.Ubisoft are really pissing me of with the delays!:mad:

Probably next June :)

ProletariatPleb
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Seeing as how Black Flag's lead platform is PC it should be out on the same day...but knowing Ubisoft I somehow think there might be a delay(for no reason)...15days?

pacmanate
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Seeing as how Black Flag's lead platform is PC it should be out on the same day...but knowing Ubisoft I somehow think there might be a delay(for no reason)...15days?

Im guessing a month, isnt that what AC3 was?

Farlander1991
06-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, the delays have been becoming steadily smaller and smaller. Though, I think we all remember this gem:

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

ProletariatPleb
06-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Im guessing a month, isnt that what AC3 was?
They keep getting smaller but what excuse will they have this time now that PC is lead platform?

AherasSTRG
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I was expecting a PC release date on E3, but no... It may come along with the next-gen consoles and because neither Microsoft nor Sony have announced an exact date, Ubisoft does not want to announce one either yet... But then again, in that case wouldn't they just say something like "comes along with Xbox One" for example?
Anywaym if we make this thread big enough, we might even get an answer...

dxsxhxcx
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
at the moment the release date is probably the same, 3, 4 months before the release they'll probably annouce the delay...

I believe piracy is one reason, the other probably is try to sell as much copies for the consoles as they can since they prefer the consoles over the PC...

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Anywaym if we make this thread big enough, we might even get an answer...
Lol, not really..we`ll have an answer when they want to release one...

ProletariatPleb
06-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I believe piracy is one reason, the other probably is try to sell as much copies for the consoles as they can since they prefer the consoles over the PC...
That is the real reason, I'm talking about the BS reason they usually give for why twas delayed.

catkiller97
06-13-2013, 01:25 PM
I think we will get PC version when PS4 and X1 version will launch :)

and this thread is in wrong section.

atleast they are not saying this time it coming at launch.

http://i.imgur.com/30xnvG4.jpg

Mr_Shade
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Lol, not really..we`ll have an answer when they want to release one...
Indeed.

Release date is still TBA

This is also the wrong forum, I'll move it to the PC forum for the OP

bolz87
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Where do you have read abot PC being the lead platform?? And seriously, console's release date is known immediatly, why not PC??

ProletariatPleb
06-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Where do you have read abot PC being the lead platform?? And seriously, console's release date is known immediatly, why not PC??

>The next Assassin’s Creed game is being created on a high-end PC and then ported across to consoles, and will incorporate “more social, more connected” play, Ubisoft Singapore has told us.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-and-how-ubisoft-is-bridging-the-generation-gap/

Anykeyer
06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
This is nothing but usual empty promises. We beta-tested DX11 for AnvilNext on upcoming consoles but it does not mean PC release wont be delayed again.

AherasSTRG
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
This is nothing but usual empty promises. We beta-tested DX11 for AnvilNext on upcoming consoles but it does not mean PC release wont be delayed again.
Can't blame them. Nowadays there are 10 times as many pirates as we are going to see in the game...

Locopells
06-14-2013, 02:41 PM

Piracy of a pirate game, heh...

Seriously though, I guess we'll know once the next-gens make their mind up...

TheLeoCrow
06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
I would expect it to come out when (or more likelly after) the PS4 and XB1 versions come out. However, my guess is as good as yours

AherasSTRG
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM
I would expect it to come out when (or more likelly after) the PS4 and XB1 versions come out. However, my guess is as good as yours
I agree. In fact, I would give AC4 a potential release date of the 22nd of November (EU).

Locopells
06-14-2013, 07:13 PM
That's true. They'll wanna makre sure the next gen version sells first...

TheLeoCrow
06-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Honesty for the first time!
http://youtu.be/GVCf623eNNc?t=4m47s "PC (version) will come a few weeks after"

AherasSTRG
06-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Very good finding. So, what we got from this interview is:
1. will come a few weeks after
2. will definetely be a launch title for X1
and plus, we know that 3. X1 will be launched sometime around November
We jump to the conclusion that AC4 will come to our PCs in November.
Also, if we take into account that games are released on Fridays in the UK (and Greece) and if we exclude the first Friday of Novemeber (consoler release date), we have a potential release dates of 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of November...
I bet for the 22nd of November. Your bets?

x___Luffy___x
06-16-2013, 10:36 AM

nice interview. but im not surprised by the delay. we all know PC is gonna be delayed.

but i like that over the years the gap has been reducing in the release.

Locopells
06-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Gotta love how he tried to back-pedal when he let that one slip...

However, I think this call for a...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o38IAmNcqMc

BlastThyName
06-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Still disappointing to hear but wholly expected.

The exact same thing will happen for Watch Dogs PC by the way, it won't release before the 17th of December.

Locopells
06-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Is that official?

Wouldn't surprise me , (especially as the is only for next-gen consoles), despite them stating that PC was lead platform for that, but hey...

MaPk0
06-16-2013, 09:34 PM
i think the release date is 31/12/2013 i saw it like that on gamespot or something like that, so i'm not quite sure

Johny-Al-Knox
06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
For me its not a big deal it comes a month late or whatever. But i hate that they falsly advertise it comming to PC on same date as 360 and ps3. In Uplay its 31/10/13. So yeah
But not a big deal for me this year. Cause alot of good games comming out. I mean if ubisoft dosnt want my money i can wait for winter/christmas sale. No big problemo for me

Edit: And i really hope PC is optimized as they mentioned PC is one of main platforms they worked on for next gen. If im correct.

YazX_
06-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Piracy of a pirate game, heh...

Seriously though, I guess we'll know once the next-gens make their mind up...

Can't blame them. Nowadays there are 10 times as many pirates as we are going to see in the game...

now you sound like Ubisoft, why piracy is sitcked into every single topic related to PC!?!?

for your info, AC3 was pirated before 2 weeks the official release date same as ACR. did this stop legit customers from buying it?!?!

Consoles' games are being pirated as well and in massive numbers (its alot easier than PC btw), why no one ever brought consoles piracy to the table???

why steam or any other decent gaming company dont complain about piracy !?

PC games revenues topped the charts with 18 billion dollars in 2012, thats more than XBOX and PS3. piracy measurements are just figures and dont reflect the real number. most pirates will not buy the game if its not pirated and this is the thing that Ubisoft doesnt get.

Anykeyer
06-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Its actually easy (and hard at the same time) to make people buy your game. Produce quality game which builds online community. Of course this also requires stable multiplayer that does not screw newbies and veteran alike with its dumb "helpers".

AherasSTRG
06-17-2013, 12:19 PM
now you sound like Ubisoft, why piracy is sitcked into every single topic related to PC!?!?

for your info, AC3 was pirated before 2 weeks the official release date same as ACR. did this stop legit customers from buying it?!?!

If you had the dignity of making a search related to the matter before you started posting your "?!?!", you would have made a big step towards adulthood. However, this did not happen and therefore I have to present the evidence of the fact that what you are writing is nonsense myself. Let's start:

For the last 3 games (Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations) the sales were as follow:
-- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: PC = 0.49 million copies sold
PS3 = 4.41 million copies sold
XBOX 360 = 4.53 million copies sold

-- Assassin's Creed Revelations: PC = 0.47 million copies sold
PS3 = 3.89 million copies sold
XBOX 360 = 3.94 million copies sold

-- Assassin's Creed 3: PC = 0.59 million copies sold
PS3 = 4.92 million copies sold
XBOX 360 = 4.34 million copies sold
Wii U = 0.15 million copies sold

Now, do you know how many times AC3 was downloaded from a notorious pirating website (whose name I won't state for obvious reasons)? About half a million, as much as the game's sales themselves. They lost half of their potential profit because of piracy. Do you even have any idea what that means for a company? The existence of a source that sucks dry half of your rightful earnings? And that was simply ONE of the dozens of websites giving away the game.
Sources
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45055/assassins-creed-brotherhood/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70619/assassins-creed-iii/

Consoles' games are being pirated as well and in massive numbers (its alot easier than PC btw), why no one ever brought consoles piracy to the table???
They don't care about consoles, man! Consoles bring them 10 times (literally) more profit than the PC. Even if a million people pirate the game for consoles, they won't care, because the console sales have already brought every single penny they wanted to acquire.

why steam or any other decent gaming company dont complain about piracy !?
Steam follows a wholy different model. That's a story for another day.

PC games revenues topped the charts with 18 billion dollars in 2012, thats more than XBOX and PS3. piracy measurements are just figures and dont reflect the real number. most pirates will not buy the game if its not pirated and this is the thing that Ubisoft doesnt get.
Ubisoft gets everything. They 've got top economists working on the release schedule of the games. Piracy is a cancer for the gaming industry and it will keep being one until the community realises the damage it provokes to them.

Anykeyer
06-17-2013, 12:42 PM
LOL.

Why everyone always wants to lower PC sales?
Assassins Network has 856212 ranked players for AC3 SP. This is not counting unactivated copies or those lying at retail which are always counted as "sales" by publisher. At the very least AC3 PC sales are 1.2M.
Also I dont believe in 1.15M on Wii U, according to the same AN this console has 10 times lower playerbase than PC.

ACR has no SP leaderboards on AN
ACB has but only for training, 736962 players completed short kill streak, the only training you cant skip which appears after completing 1st sequeince and a lot of modern-day story. This is already higher than your 490k, but taking into account "retail unsold" copies and how many players drop games after first 30m this is at least 1M.

LOL #2
Why everyone wants to count pirated copies as losses?
99% of pirates wont buy your game anyway.

AherasSTRG
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
LOL.

Why everyone always wants to lower PC sales?
Assassins Network has 856212 ranked players for AC3 SP. This is not counting unactivated copies or those lying at retail which are always counted as "sales" by publisher. At the very least AC3 PC sales are 1.2M.
Also I dont believe in 1.15M on Wii U, according to the same AN this console has 10 times lower playerbase than PC.

ACR has no SP leaderboards on AN
ACB has but only for training, 736962 players completed short kill streak, the only training you cant skip which appears after completing 1st sequeince and a lot of modern-day story. This is already higher than your 490k, but taking into account "retail unsold" copies and how many players drop games after first 30m this is at least 1M.

I can give you 3 websites detailing AC3 PC sales below 1 million copies. The number of people ranked in Assassin's Network mean nothing, since you can even pirate the online activation code through generators. Even if the sales are at 1.2M, then again they are 5 times lower than the sales on consoles. Wii U is 0.15 million copies, typo and fixing it.

LOL #2
Why everyone wants to count pirated copies as losses?
99% of pirates wont buy your game anyway.
Your statistics have no persuasive value, since they have no source stating as such. Let alone the fact that they are so far fetched (99%...).

Anykeyer
06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
LOL, Who cares about your websites? AN is official Ubisoft site and is the ultimate and only reliable source.
vgchartz has no sources, in fact they are notorious for making up numbers

Even if the sales are at 1.2M, then again they are 5 times lower than the sales on consoles.
And who's fault is that? Why Blizzard always counts PC sales in tens of millions?
Maybe because they dont screw their playerbase with each release.

Your statistics have no persuasive value, since they have no source stating as such. Let alone the fact that they are so far fetched (99%...).
Just like your 100% piracy to loss conversion.

you can even pirate the online activation code through generators
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37209679.jpg

AherasSTRG
06-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I am not gonna argue over piracy, since it is a matter I do not care about. I 'll just leave some food for thought here...
http://funny-videos-chart.com/wp-content/pictures/img_409042_xbox-one-not-always-online-interview-inside-gaming.jpg

spectatorx
06-17-2013, 03:13 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37209679.jpg

Unfortunately i have to diagnose him as ******ed. When we were talking in private via uplay he was thinking Poland is Balkanian country. This what i'm reading in here.... omg... Aheradrim, man, even coming back to school probably wouldn't help to you.

Best thing is just to cut discussion with this guy. I'm sorry, i'm avoiding of saying such not polite things but in this case unfortunately there is nothing else to say.

YazX_
06-20-2013, 05:47 PM
If you had the dignity of making a search related to the matter before you started posting your "?!?!", you would have made a big step towards adulthood. However, this did not happen and therefore I have to present the evidence of the fact that what you are writing is nonsense myself. Let's start:

For the last 3 games (Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations) the sales were as follow:
-- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: PC = 0.49 million copies sold
PS3 = 4.41 million copies sold
XBOX 360 = 4.53 million copies sold

-- Assassin's Creed Revelations: PC = 0.47 million copies sold
PS3 = 3.89 million copies sold
XBOX 360 = 3.94 million copies sold

-- Assassin's Creed 3: PC = 0.59 million copies sold
PS3 = 4.92 million copies sold
XBOX 360 = 4.34 million copies sold
Wii U = 0.15 million copies sold

Now, do you know how many times AC3 was downloaded from a notorious pirating website (whose name I won't state for obvious reasons)? About half a million, as much as the game's sales themselves. They lost half of their potential profit because of piracy. Do you even have any idea what that means for a company? The existence of a source that sucks dry half of your rightful earnings? And that was simply ONE of the dozens of websites giving away the game.
Sources
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45055/assassins-creed-brotherhood/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70619/assassins-creed-iii/

They don't care about consoles, man! Consoles bring them 10 times (literally) more profit than the PC. Even if a million people pirate the game for consoles, they won't care, because the console sales have already brought every single penny they wanted to acquire.

Steam follows a wholy different model. That's a story for another day.

Ubisoft gets everything. They 've got top economists working on the release schedule of the games. Piracy is a cancer for the gaming industry and it will keep being one until the community realises the damage it provokes to them.

i will not argue with you because im tired and your post doesnt make any sense in every single aspect in addition to the insults that shows you are a raged teenager suffering from issues, you took one game and posting figures while i was talking in general, take Battlefield and COD figures, sales on PC were alot more than consoles, anyway, just one comment on your newspaper, dont keep saying they lost, people pirating games will not buy them if its not pirated, only 5%-10% will buy them, so actually they lost 5-10%, and that not much to cry about. as an example Diablo 3 and simcity, did their online DRM increased their sales on PC?!?! no and what they accomplished is f***ing their legit customers and lots just didnt buy it due this crap.

Another example is AC2, it was pirated after 2 months after release, did this increase their sales?!?! nope, it just made PC gamers angry and lots didnt buy it until they removed their DRM.

have you noticed that you are very dumb **** or not yet? if you had a little dignity to search and find the connection between both, you might had a very tiny step in babyhood, because 5th grade kid can see the connection while you failed to see it.

at the end of the day, posting figures of AC sales records blaming low sales on PC due to piracy is really dumb and stupid, the only thing it means that the game doesnt have large PC fan base, and the only one to blame here is Ubisfot because they are known to throw their $hitty ports on PC with crappy optimization and no real marketing for PC, they only care for consoles.

Anykeyer
06-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Excuse me but Diablo 3 unique player count is 14.5m. It has no DRM except for having no offline single player which is good for many reasons (I played Diablo 2 and it was full of cheaters and item dupers). This approach didnt increase sales but it didnt hurt too. After all Diablo series is about item farming and trading, so even if you are forever alone there is no use to do it offline.
The main reason why AC2 DRM was bad is awfull Ubisoft servers.

YazX_
06-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Excuse me but Diablo 3 unique player count is 14.5m. It has no DRM except for having no offline single player which is good for many reasons (I played Diablo 2 and it was full of cheaters and item dupers). This approach didnt increase sales but it didnt hurt too. After all Diablo series is about item farming and trading, so even if you are forever alone there is no use to do it offline.
The main reason why AC2 DRM was bad is awfull Ubisoft servers.

yep because its MMO as you said, my point was it didnt increase sales which we both agree on. for AC2, yah servers sucked but it got stable in the end and many Ubisoft titles released with the same DRM like settlers, Anno 2070, Driver SF, Price of Persia FS (i guess it was FS but definitely one POP had this kind of DRM)... the only point i want to stress here by replying to that idiot is piracy doesnt lower sales figures that much, because ppl who pirate games will not buy them if they were not pirated.

BlastThyName
06-21-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm glad Ubi have toned down their DRM, it's a very smart move and it will lead to more sales for them.

I'd like them to adopt a "day and date" policy regarding PC ports but alas they are not interested in doing so.

Oh well, we are only talking about three weeks contrary to six months for AC1/2/Brotherhood.

Farlander1991
06-21-2013, 02:41 PM
One of the problems with VGChartz (and all the sales figures sites, really), it doesn't count DIGITAL sales. Just retail.
There are no numbers on how many copies AC games have sold on Steam and uPlay (and, in case of AC3 - Origin, and in case of AC1 - GOG), because all those are closed ecosystems that don't provide their numbers openly to such sites (and to companies like NPD Group as well). That's why PC sales figures info from them isn't reliable at all - it never shows the whole picture.

And I don't think you can argue that digital PC sales are much more prominent nowadays than retail.

BlastThyName
06-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah tha huge majority of PC sales are done via digital so VGchartz is completely pointless.

Besides, AC on PC may not sell as well as on consoles but if they keep making PC versions then it has to be profitable for them.