PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for end game in The Crew (replay value)

hebeme
06-12-2013, 10:15 PM
First off I am glad that someone finally decided to make a open-world racing game and I have wanted something like this for along time. Here are a few quick ideas that I have to give the game replay value or things for people to do to just socialize when they dont wanna replay missions.

Daily or weekly car shows- for everyone to compete in takes a picture of your car and uploads into the car show- could have multiple classes, performance, look, raid build, etc. (maybe limit one entry per day to be voted on and have them rated per specific car and overalll type winners)

Car meets: at different times of the day in each region have a location where people can just meet up to show off their cars, look for new crew members, maybe do street drag races there good locations ideas: abandoned warehouse buildings, construction sites, big parking lots.

Ante up- each person involved in the race put up a set amount of cash winner takes all

"crew" ante up -one to for entire crews to compete against one another and first car across the finish line wins. (maybe allow one TM from each crew to do a different race that crosses paths with the ante up race whoever is the leader of the second race will cause havoc to occur for the other teams i.e. (cops or wreck for other crews or maybe a shortcut for their crew appears)

3 crew teams (12 player) missions: (end game)- maybe create a mission in each region that requires the team work of more than one crew to complete and they must work together to accomplish all objective in different areas within the region. i.e. (crew 1-keep the police at bay long enough to allow crew 2 to pick up explosives and set them at markers on the map, crew 3 does a multi-million dollar shipment heist must take out the security vehicles guarding the Armor vehicle and turn over the armor truck (the explosive markers could play a part in taking out the vehicles) maybe even have one of the team members from crew 2 hijack a vehicle that has a ramp of some sort on it to use as a get away for crew 1 or crew 3.

Crew vs Crew (or could be 3 crews)- kind of like capture the flag- both crews after the same shipment to hijack , whoever gets it first must still get the shipment back to their hide out (whoever crashes the vehicle has the goods)- the A.I. cops will go after both crews once the shipment has been taken and the crew without the shipment will need to bump the car with the shipment to take it back (? time between bumps before shipment can be taken again).

Territories- have it to where each crew is able to claim (1) street within the game, but other crews are able to take it from them by beating them in a shadow race that begins on that street, some could just be drag races from one of the street to the other or around the block. the mountainous region could be from point a to point b. I think this would be neat as the landmark territories will probably switch between crews a lot as everyone wants to have the high profile areas.

Customization of shop:(allow you to customize each shop you have in each region and upgrade them with shop equipment, different types of lifts or just the overall look of your shop i.e. (graffiti on the walls, upper class, mirrors on the walls, etc)

Car clubs (not sure how many should be allowed per club 4 or 5 crews or just individuals 20 to 25 members)- car clubs are able to create tournaments for anyone to race in, but they must put up the winnings and these tournaments could also be used to determine, which crew is able to join the club!

As I stated just glad to hear that this open-world racing experience is being done and hopefully ideas that are similiar to mine are already being incorporated into the game and i look forward to playing with or against some you guys in 2014!

Krazy2768
06-13-2013, 02:35 AM
not bad I would love to see some sort of daily event to go on but as long as they don't make it seem like a chore to do so if they could keep it more socially interactive thatd be great your ideas arnt bad but I think things like crew vs crew may already be apart of the game from what I seen in the videos

garfieldx22
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM
some cool ideas here, however these are high demands that require lots of programming so I wouldn't be surprised if I saw non of these in the final product. But it would be very nice to see these.
Back in the day there was a game called TDU which some of you kids might not be familiar with :P
There wasn't even a story in that game but we played it until Atari decided to shut the servers down which was I believe after 7 years of service.
There are many open world games but there aren't many things to keep you in the game after you finish the story or reach an objective.
TDU is the only game where you could be joined by other players like yourself while free-roaming around this open world (well not anymore)
That's why us TDU fans enjoyed the game so much and played it for ages. We didn't even need all this silly social features (lol TDU2)
So I believe as long as the driving is fun and you can cruise, race or crash together with your buddies this game will be played for a long time.

DT-Bezrider
06-13-2013, 11:51 PM
some cool ideas here, however these are high demands that require lots of programming so I wouldn't be surprised if I saw non of these in the final product. But it would be very nice to see these.
Back in the day there was a game called TDU which some of you kids might not be familiar with :P
There wasn't even a story in that game but we played it until Atari decided to shut the servers down which was I believe after 7 years of service.
There are many open world games but there aren't many things to keep you in the game after you finish the story or reach an objective.
TDU is the only game where you could be joined by other players like yourself while free-roaming around this open world (well not anymore)
That's why us TDU fans enjoyed the game so much and played it for ages. We didn't even need all this silly social features (lol TDU2)
So I believe as long as the driving is fun and you can cruise, race or crash together with your buddies this game will be played for a long time.

+1 Bud, just give me an open world driving game with lots of cars decent handling and the odd DLC and I'll make my own fun ;)

Vagelis4VP
06-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Open world with free roam never gets old, if the car handling is decent enough... people dont need certain missions for to keep them occupied all the time.. they can create their own game too.. like for example, they join in a group and they start a race east coast to west... or just cruise around with friends, from town to town... Open World racing, even if all missions are completed in the game, they can still go on driving inventing stuff on their own...

garfieldx22
06-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Open world with free roam never gets old, if the car handling is decent enough... people dont need certain missions for to keep them occupied all the time.. they can create their own game too.. like for example, they join in a group and they start a race east coast to west... or just cruise around with friends, from town to town... Open World racing, even if all missions are completed in the game, they can still go on driving inventing stuff on their own...

agreed +1

we used to do drag races, coast to coast challenges, high jump challenges at the golf courses, tag games etc. all in free-roam of TDU without any objectives handed down from the game.
It might be a little late for game design ideas but I think if the free-roam with your friends is enjoyable this game doesn't need much else.

Krazy2768
06-17-2013, 01:31 AM
ya free roam will open up so many possibilities and as most devs say once the game is out the things that people can think of that they couldn't is remarkable and if the community stays strong maybe they could add some of those ideas in or add some sort of customized racing set up t make your own type of race

theclutchpilot
06-17-2013, 06:15 AM
1.) Private lobbies.
2.) interior customization like MCLA
3.) Vynal editor like Forza and MCLA
4.) dyno like in NFSU2
5.) online buy/sell/gift shop
6.) sport bikes/choppers

*These aren't in order on what's most important Just ideas that came to my mind.

MrD.U.I
06-17-2013, 01:17 PM
+1 Bud, just give me an open world driving game with lots of cars decent handling and the odd DLC and I'll make my own fun ;)

I agree with that, some interesting DLCs be it map expansions or some really interesting cars(perhaps the flip cars from Fast n Furious 6) could add extra replay value...

DownShiftDRIFT
05-12-2015, 08:09 AM
These Ideas had just hit my mind so yeah I really would love to see these in the game "The Crew"

1. I would want a dirt bike preferably a Honda CRF150R for dirt only (if possible)
2. I would like to have a preferably a 1983 Chevy Short wheel base 4x4 truck with a 24 inch lift kit in fullstock for Dirt, Raid, Perf, and street
3. Also a dune buggy/ Sand Rail in dirt and raid
4. Also a sport bike preferably a Kawasaki 2014 ZX-14R supreme in street, perf, and Circuit (if Possible)
5. Raid for the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T HEMI

1983 Chevy Short wheel base 4x4 24 inch lift kit IMAGE: https://www.google.com/search?q=83+chevy+truck+lifted&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&imgil=9Exsi4YSdrZpYM%253A%253BiBBcl4-tYec7zM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.mautofied .com%25252Flisting-100240858.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9Exsi4YSdrZpYM%253A%252CiBBcl4-tYec7zM%252C_&usg=__a-m1TDKQ5JeKFC7gaj1z8318Cgk%3D&ved=0CCcQyjc&ei=zKFRVeKnH4rusAW3vYDoBQ#tbm=isch&q=83+chevy+short+wheelbase+4x4+truck+with+24+inch+ lift+kit

Dune Buggy/ Sand Rail IMAGE: https://www.google.com/search?q=83+chevy+truck+lifted&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&imgil=9Exsi4YSdrZpYM%253A%253BiBBcl4-tYec7zM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.mautofied .com%25252Flisting-100240858.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9Exsi4YSdrZpYM%253A%252CiBBcl4-tYec7zM%252C_&usg=__a-m1TDKQ5JeKFC7gaj1z8318Cgk%3D&ved=0CCcQyjc&ei=zKFRVeKnH4rusAW3vYDoBQ#tbm=isch&q=sand+rail

Dirt bike preferably a Honda CRF150R IMAGE: https://www.google.com/search?q=honda+crf150r&biw=837&bih=537&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=oKRRVd3oLIGKsQXBmoDoAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

Kawasaki 2014 ZX-14R supreme IMAGE: https://www.google.com/search?q=sports+bikes&biw=1366&bih=673&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KaZRVeGkJYLRsAWbmYGwBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=kawasaki+sports+bikes&revid=1954660910&imgrc=G0Pg5jgxQGWC8M%253A%3B3QLZJ-Of9GUS3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fs1.cdn.autoevolution .com%252Fimages%252Fnews%252F2014-zx-14r-revealed-the-supreme-kawasaki-sport-bike-photo-gallery-66887-7.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.autoevolution.com%2 52Fnews%252F2014-zx-14r-revealed-the-supreme-kawasaki-sport-bike-photo-gallery-66887.html%3B728%3B410

Designs and or Patterns
General lee pattern from Dukes Of Hazard under Vintage Patterns
Paul Walker's Skyline pattern from 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS under Racing Patterns
Rebel or the confederate Flag under flags Patterns
unlock all patterns for the 2012 Cadillac Esculade

Rims:
General lee rims under official or off-road for the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T HEMI