PDA

View Full Version : AC black Flag, Current Gen performance

UbiMasterFan
06-12-2013, 05:09 PM
hey guys,

first of all i wanted to say i'm new on this forum so Yeah :D

now i get straight to the point,

as many of you know, AC black flag will come to Current Gen (ps3, xbox 360) consoles.
in the live demo of AC black flag at E3 the game had a freeze for 10 second (ps4 gameplay)
so i was just wondering how you guys think the game will run on current Gen consoles, i play on xbox 360,
because it will be a multi platform game, not like gta v that the game had been in development for 5 years, and really is made for current gen hardware,

im kind a worried because i might not get enough money to buy a ps4, watch dogs and ac4 and gta v this year, so maybe i'll just buy AC 4 and Watch dogs for X360

thank you for reading

greetz from holland

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Any freezing was down to technical issues - and not an example of the final product - the final game won't freeze while playing [unless some horrid bug gets through]

The team will endeavour to deliver the best AC experience to ALL platforms - however some differences maybe due to the new consoles higher specification, however All versions will contain the same story and gameplay [apart from any exclusive missions for Sony consoles]

D.I.D.
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
There's no point in trying to judge current gen performance from a next gen early build. The performance requirements are totally different: different output resolutions, different texture sizes, different shader effects, etc.

That said, you wouldn't be totally wrong for using AC3 as a yardstick. Yes, there'll be engine improvements since last year, but the environments seem to be far more of a technical challenge this time around. AC3 was choppy at times on the 360 and PS3, and AC4 is going to work to those consoles' limits too, but it's still going to look great. If you do end up buying the new gen later this year then you might as well choose the new gen copy of AC4 to play on it, but there's no need to rush into this.

If you've got a half-decent PC, I'd strongly recommend making use of it while you wait for the early adopters to snap up the first run of X1 and PS4. It's going to take a little time for the developers to get the best out of the consoles, and it's going to take some time for a divide to form between the new gen and the old. Until then, you're going to get a lot of games that are slightly hamstrung in order to make the 360/PS3 version workable.

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Think about the games being on a conveyor belt and it got suck. Thats what happened.

flyin-bart
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Any freezing was down to technical issues - and not an example of the final product - the final game won't freeze while playing [unless some horrid bug gets through]

The team will endeavour to deliver the best AC experience to ALL platforms - however some differences maybe due to the new consoles higher specification, however All versions will contain the same story and gameplay [apart from any exclusive missions for Sony consoles]

Thanks for the answer Mr S.....

I was wondering this myself as I've already pre ordered Black Chest edition for the PS3 but fully intend to get a PS4 and was wondering if it's worth changing the order to PS4.

If I get the pre order extras on the PS3 I guess when PS4 comes out theres no way I can transfer the extras over to a second copy on the PS4? Do you think that the extra missions thats going to be released in the Black Chest edition will be available on DLC by the time the PS4 comes out so I could just get a standard copy for the new gen and access the extras that way?

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit guys......:eek:

UbiMasterFan
06-12-2013, 05:41 PM
that's true, and thank you for the quik reply,
the game looks great on all platforms ( i hope haha) and i just love the AC series,
i might buy Watch dogs and AC4 for the current gen, and when i'm buying a ps4 (probably jan/feb of 2014) i'l get those games for ps4 too :D

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the answer Mr S.....

I was wondering this myself as I've already pre ordered Black Chest edition for the PS3 but fully intend to get a PS4 and was wondering if it's worth changing the order to PS4.

If I get the pre order extras on the PS3 I guess when PS4 comes out theres no way I can transfer the extras over to a second copy on the PS4? Do you think that the extra missions thats going to be released in the Black Chest edition will be available on DLC by the time the PS4 comes out so I could just get a standard copy for the new gen and access the extras that way?

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit guys......:eek:

No, the content codes will be for the specific version [PS3] - so won't work on PS4 - you will get the bonus Exclusive missions for the bonus content [due to the Sony offer]

About availability of the extra content in the CE at a later date - I am unable to answer that - since it 'could' happen - however I don't want to get your hopes up sorry to say.

Will_Lucky
06-12-2013, 05:59 PM
We don't even know if it was the PS4 version, for example the BF4 gameplay during the Microsoft conference was actually the PC version played with an Xbox One Controller. What we saw may have been the PS3 or PC version.

And it was the alpha build basically, its months before the final product which will have been polished so wait until the game is actually on shelves before judging it. Personally I am buying the PS4 version because I thought the performance of the new engine on the 360/PS3 was atrocious with AC3, so I want the improved performance next gen will probably deliver.

Ureh
06-13-2013, 12:52 AM
@Will_Lucky Can't remember where I read this, but the on-stage demo was supposedly on a ps4 or a machine closely emulating the ps4.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 12:55 AM
We don't even know if it was the PS4 version, for example the BF4 gameplay during the Microsoft conference was actually the PC version played with an Xbox One Controller. What we saw may have been the PS3 or PC version.

And it was the alpha build basically, its months before the final product which will have been polished so wait until the game is actually on shelves before judging it. Personally I am buying the PS4 version because I thought the performance of the new engine on the 360/PS3 was atrocious with AC3, so I want the improved performance next gen will probably deliver.
Actually, it wasn't PS3, the guy on stage had a PS4 controller and it`s probably not PC either, since they`d have most likely used an X-box controller...

blogger360
10-08-2013, 11:36 AM
hi guys my major concern for ac4 black flag is that some days ago there was a demo saying "ac4 black flag pc gameplay disappoints". this targeted the opponent AI i myself am a xbox360 guy so would like to see the opponent AI for current gen consoles (preferably xbox 360). PLS REPLY To my problem. THANK YOU

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 12:03 PM
hi guys my major concern for ac4 black flag is that some days ago there was a demo saying "ac4 black flag pc gameplay disappoints". this targeted the opponent AI i myself am a xbox360 guy so would like to see the opponent AI for current gen consoles (preferably xbox 360). PLS REPLY To my problem. THANK YOU
If you would like to link to the video - which I am assuming is still the old code [no final code has been demo'd] - the community would like to see it.

blogger360
10-08-2013, 12:33 PM
The link is http://development.cinemablend.com/404.html

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
That's a 404 page? [error page]

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I think it'll be kind of a mixture of ACR and AC3 on current gen.

ACR's colour pallet but with AC3's anvil nextness and with some upgrades.

blogger360
10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Might have been removed. Anyways keep posting.

HypeR.tgL
10-09-2013, 12:05 PM
The link is http://development.cinemablend.com/404.html

You just made that link up lol..

blogger360
10-09-2013, 02:16 PM
You just made that link up lol..
no i did not day before i got it for my ac4 news search.

blogger360
10-09-2013, 02:17 PM
i hope the game AI is good for it would be disappointing if it was like the one in ac3

blogger360
10-10-2013, 10:34 AM
hi guys great news. straight from an article.

Jean-Sebastien Decant has revealed some of the differences between the current-generation and next-generation versions of the upcoming multiplatform video game, “Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag.” In an interview the Official Xbox Magazine on Oct. 7, the lead designer at Ubisoft Montreal disclosed that the open-world action-adventure title started out as a PS3 and Xbox 360 video game.

As a result, the development teams viewed “Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag” as a transitional software product. So, although the PS4 and Xbox One versions will have better graphics such as improved water shaders and lighting effects, the gameplay remains the same as the current-generation iterations. You can check out some screenshots of the latest sequel from the “Assassin’s Creed” franchise in the slideshow near the top of this article and the comments from Jean-Sebastien Decant below (courtesy of the Official Xbox Magazine):

At the moment everybody's obsessed with the new consoles, so we're showing the next gen version, but it's super-cool and super-rich on current gen. In terms of specific improvements, yes it's only visual - you have more shaders on the water, more reflections, and we toy with the lighting, but that's it.

Ubisoft Montreal is the main development studio that is developing “Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag.” The team is also being assisted by several other internal studios.

“Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag” is set to come out on Oct. 29 for the Nintendo Wii U and PC as well as the aforesaid PS3 and Xbox 360 current-generation consoles. The PS4 version of the same game will hit on Nov. 15 while the Xbox One iteration is shipping on Nov. 22. You can pre-order the products from Amazon in the following links: “Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag,” PS4 and Xbox One

blogger360
10-12-2013, 08:14 AM
hi guys i found some cool new videos here are their links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKaJmzL6Nh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhnJAKDsts

EVA Spartan 317
10-12-2013, 01:42 PM
If you have an Xbox360 you cna downlpad a short AC IV video which is played on Xbox 360.
The title is ,, Pirate Experience " or something like that! Hope it helped!

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 01:48 PM
hi guys i found some cool new videos here are their links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKaJmzL6Nh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhnJAKDsts

If its a day old chances are we have seen it.

blogger360
10-13-2013, 11:01 AM
If you have an Xbox360 you cna downlpad a short AC IV video which is played on Xbox 360.
The title is ,, Pirate Experience " or something like that! Hope it helped!

Hi could you tell me the link. Thanx