PDA

View Full Version : Darby asked some question on Twitter, crouching included.

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 04:41 PM
DARBY ANSWERED THE QUESTION, HE DIDN'T ASK THEM(obviously). My bad. Can the mods fix it?

When asked about crouching, Darby said they are "testing various things"

http://i.imgur.com/lKWlwZ8.png

Yup. Ubisoft did it again. They inserted a mechanic into the demo which may or may not be there, just like last year, or at least that is how I interpret it. Do you guys think that meant something else, cause I don't want to go on a baseless anger fit. I just despise that they once again were not fully true about there demo, so who knows what else may be removed. Back to distrusting every thing Ubi markets, I guess.

When asked about other assassins, Darby said "some seen, all mentioned".
http://i.imgur.com/MkFgBFh.png

"Mentioned" probably means mentioned in Edward's talks or in the database.
"Seen" is where I am a bit confused, cause this can mean that the Connor fans might get a treat, but don't quote me though, it's just speculation.

Here is the whole conversation:
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/344653199292116992

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I believe that finally, after many years of trying new things and failing at some others, Ubisoft is finally listening to its fans and really bringing the game together. I crouching was even mentioned by Darby, then that means that there is a good chance it will be put in, based on how much the internet wants it. In the AC3 demo, Connor only crouched for a second, and he used the generic stalking zone animation. In the AC4 demo, Edward had the normal animation for stalking zones, plus an all new crouching animation outside of them. Based on that, I believe that they are puttin WAY more thought into the crouching now than they did before. I think that Darby just doesnt want to give anything away or make a promise he can't keep.....yet

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:47 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/710151/thumbs/s-ERMAHGERD-MEME-large.jpg

x___Luffy___x
06-12-2013, 04:48 PM
well this sucks. they are not sure what we see in the demo is gonna be in the final game.

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 04:48 PM
As for the mentioning of assassins, I am sure that all of the previous assassins will at least be in the database. However, I have a very strong feeling that a young Achilles will be in the game somehow, and Haytham will definitely make a late game appearance. I predict that the game will end with Edward's death. Since we are using a different kind of animus, I'm sure we will be able to view Edward's memories after he conceives Haytham.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 04:51 PM
DARBY ANSWERED THE QUESTION, HE DIDN'T THEM. My bad. Can the mods fix it?

Yup. Ubisoft did it again. They inserted a mechanic into the demo which may or may not be there, just like last year, or at least that is how I interpret it. Do you guys think that meant something else, cause I don't want to go on a baseless anger fit. I just despise that they once again were not fully true about there demo, so who knows what else may be removed. Back to distrusting every thing Ubi markets, I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/MkFgBFh.png (http://http://i.imgur.com/MkFgBFh.png)

"Seen" is where I am a bit confused, cause this can mean that the Connor fans might get a treat, but don't quote me though, it's just speculation.

In terms of the other Assassins i would be inclined to say it will be similar to that of AC3 ( For example seeing stills of them at the begining of the game )

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
In terms of the other Assassins i would be inclined to say it will be similar to that of AC3 ( For example seeing stills of them at the begining of the game )

I would hope for something like the vault under the AC2 villa with Ezio and Alta´r, but I don't think it is the same as the prologue cinematic.

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I predict that the game will end with Edward's death.
God, I hope not! Can't take any more gloom.

Jexx21
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
As for the mentioning of assassins, I am sure that all of the previous assassins will at least be in the database. However, I have a very strong feeling that a young Achilles will be in the game somehow, and Haytham will definitely make a late game appearance. I predict that the game will end with Edward's death. Since we are using a different kind of animus, I'm sure we will be able to view Edward's memories after he conceives Haytham.

Nah, this can't happen. The Animus won't be able to see Edward's memories past the point of when he conceives his last child. The only thing that might change this is if Edward put his memory into memory seals and these seals were loaded into the Animus, but even then you wouldn't be able to see Edward's death.

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
God, I hope not! Can't take any more gloom.

Definitely. AC3 was just one big ball of sad. Sure there were the homestead missions, but the game should be a bit light hearted and cheery every now and then. Gritty doesn't mean only sadness can be offered. Life is a mixture of both.

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Well this thread confirms nothing.

Escappa
06-12-2013, 05:35 PM
I think that the first mission will be Connor, like Haytham in AC3, and Abstergo is looking for something, and the Connor mentions something about Edward or something, would be a good way to go from one charachter to another in a logical way :p

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Well this thread confirms nothing.

Well, people here , kept asking about crouching, so this sheds some light on what is going to happen, so that people here don't rage when they don't find it. Inb4, we didn't know if it was a confirmed mechanic, now we know that it is being tested so it may or may not be there. That in itself is an answer better than leaving us to speculate.

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Nah, this can't happen. The Animus won't be able to see Edward's memories past the point of when he conceives his last child. The only thing that might change this is if Edward put his memory into memory seals and these seals were loaded into the Animus, but even then you wouldn't be able to see Edward's death.

Keep in mind the rules have changed. With Desmond it was always a case of them having to keep him alive and sane, otherwise they would no longer be able to access his genetic memories. Now Abstergo is using Desmond's DNA like leafing through a book without him having to consciously relive his ancestors' memories. Since Desmond has DNA from Connor, Haytham and Edward, we might be able to more easily jump between ancestors.

Farlander1991
06-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Keep in mind the rules have changed. With Desmond it was always a case of them having to keep him alive and sane, otherwise they would no longer be able to access his genetic memories. Now Abstergo is using Desmond's DNA like leafing through a book without him having to consciously relive his ancestors' memories. Since Desmond has DNA from Connor, Haytham and Edward, we might be able to more easily jump between ancestors.

I think what Jexx talks about is not the case of jumping between ancestors, it's the case of impossibility of transmitting new genetic memories to a child after the child's conception. This is a rule that can't be changed (hence the introduction of memory seals in ACR).

Jexx21
06-12-2013, 05:46 PM
..That really has nothing to do with it SixKeys.

I was just saying how the Animus isn't going to be able to play memories that aren't there.

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I think that the first mission will be Connor, like Haytham in AC3, and Abstergo is looking for something, and the Connor mentions something about Edward or something, would be a good way to go from one charachter to another in a logical way :p

While this is a good hypothesis, AC4 devs said that they don't want to repeat the same mistake of AC3 and have a game with a long prologue, hence why you will start as Edward from the get go, to allow a faster pace for the game.

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 09:42 PM
DARBY ANSWERED THE QUESTION, HE DIDN'T THEM. My bad. Can the mods fix it?

http://i.imgur.com/MkFgBFh.png

I don't understand your edit. He didn't them? What does that mean. Typo? Do we know for sure yet if they are in or not?

shobhit7777777
06-12-2013, 09:52 PM
lets just all assume that crouching is not in..k?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 09:54 PM
lets just all assume that crouching is not in..k?

Never!!!

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Ordinarily I'd agree, but they're already twisting the abilities of the Animus from the original vision. Apparently now anybody can view anybody else's genetic memories (hence the MP) so I wouldn't put it past them to say "Oh, well, Animus tech has improved, you can view their memories after they conceived their children..." :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Calling it now, Connor and Aveline will appear....JB bet to any opposed

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 10:58 PM

Well, Aveline is already confirmed... Not much of a bet :p

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, Aveline is already confirmed... Not much of a bet :p
Connor then....JB bet to any opposed :|

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 10:59 PM
How old is Aveline supposed to be here??

TheHumanTowel
06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
How is Aveline going to appear? She was born in 1747. I know she's confirmed but still.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:03 PM
How is Aveline going to appear? She was born in 1747. I know she's confirmed but still.
Obviously it`s not going to be the same timeline....it may be something like....Edward finds something tied to Eve, who`s also tied to eve?? oh yeah, lets go to aveline in HER TIME...or something

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Obviously it`s not going to be the same timeline....it may be something like....Edward finds something tied to Eve, who`s also tied to eve?? oh yeah, lets go to aveline in HER TIME...or something
Then we can see Connor, too!?!? xD *flips table*

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 11:07 PM
:rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:08 PM

My best guess is that, since we're Abstergo researchers with nearly unlimited Animus access, we're going to be examining the lives of multiple Assassins/Templars in the 18th century instead of just one person's ancestor. Maybe Abstergo knows that some POE (that cube Eddie finds in the cinematic trailer maybe?) was in Assassin possession during that general time period, but they don't know who had it and where they left it. Edward is the primary focus of their investigation, so we'll see way more of his life than anyone else's, but they might also do a little research (meaning linear, one-off missions like Altair's Memory Seals) on Haytham, Connor, Aveline, or even Achilles, which would be ****ing awesome.

Now, I'm not expecting to see all of those Assassins, but maybe one or two. Darby did say we'd see some Assassins from other games.

Escappa
06-12-2013, 11:09 PM
My best guess is that, since we're Abstergo researchers with nearly unlimited Animus access, we're going to be examining the lives of multiple Assassins/Templars in the 18th century instead of just one person's ancestor. Maybe Abstergo knows that some POE (that cube Eddie finds in the cinematic trailer maybe?) was in Assassin possession during that general time period, but they don't know who had it and where they left it. Edward is the primary focus of their investigation, so we'll see more of his life than anyone else, but they might also do a little research (meaning linear, one-off missions like Altair's Memory Seals) on Haytham, Connor, Aveline, or even Achilles, which would be ****ing awesome.

did you just say Eddie? XD

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:10 PM
did you just say Eddie? XD

I did. Pirate, Assassin, and guitarist for Van Halen :rolleyes:

Somebody feel free to Photoshop this... :p

Escappa
06-12-2013, 11:11 PM
I did.

Eddie is too cute for a Pirate who murders ;)

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Eddie is too cute for a Pirate who murders ;)

Yes, well, so is Alty, but that never stopped anyone :p

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 11:19 PM

Appear? Before spitting out JB bets, be more specific with what appear means? Will we see them in flashbacks? Play as them? Meet them through Edward.

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Cover them in chocolate..?

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Appear? Before spitting out JB bets, be more specific with what appear means? Will we see them in flashbacks? Play as them? Meet them through Edward.
What do YOU think? meeting them as Edward? well...they`re still not conceived yet, so..off. Flashbacks? they`re in the future, how do you flashback a future? off. Play as them? Ahaaaaa.now you`re getting somewhere :P

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 11:39 PM
What do YOU think? meeting them as Edward? well...they`re still not conceived yet, so..off. Flashbacks? they`re in the future, how do you flashback a future? off. Play as them? Ahaaaaa.now you`re getting somewhere :P

Don't get too excited. In ACR, Ezio talked to Desmond through the apple even though Desmond was not born during the time of Ezio, therefore, talking through decades or centuries IS POSSIBLE. Honestly, it would be too absurd to cram in not one, but TWO characters to the story and make them playable, especially that Con or hasn't shown any connection to the eve plot yet (TOKGW doesn't count).

You want to hear my bet? Edward talks to Connor through the apple he obtains from Georgie in TOKGW, causing Connor to say utter "back, take us back" at the end of TOKGW. This, in turn, can mean that Connor goes "back" to the West Indies to complete Edward's path or something along the lines. Someway, somehow, this weird **** will all make sense and will connect to the Eden plot, as maybe Connor hid all of the "seeds of Eden" (is that what we call them now?) somewhere and Abstergo needs to find where, which eill be revealed when Edward talks to Connor through the apple and tell him where to hide it. Who knows, maybe at the end of TOKGW, Connor throws more than the Apple.

I really don't understand what the hell that I wrote, so I don't expect you to do so as well.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Don't get too excited. In ACR, Ezio talked to Desmond through the apple even though Desmond was not born during the time of Ezio, therefore, talking through decades or centuries IS POSSIBLE. Honestly, it would be too absurd to cram in not one, but TWO characters to the story and make them playable, especially that Con or hasn't shown any connection to the eve plot yet (TOKGW doesn't count).

You want to hear my bet? Edward talks to Connor through the apple he obtains from Georgie in TOKGW, causing Connor to say utter "back, take us back" at the end of TOKGW. This, in turn, can mean that Connor goes "back" to the West Indies to complete Edward's path or something along the lines. Someway, somehow, this weird **** will all make sense and will connect to the Eden plot, as maybe Connor hid all of the "seeds of Eden" (is that what we call them now?) somewhere and Abstergo needs to find where, which eill be revealed when Edward talks to Connor through the apple and tell him where to hide it. Who knows, maybe at the end of TOKGW, Connor throws more than the Apple.

I really don't understand what the hell that I wrote, so I don't expect you to do so as well.
No, I actually get it, but the reason I didn't think of the Ezio-Desmond scenario is that it happened before, making it happen again will just make it lose it`s allure the first time...anywho, you want to bet that what you say is not what`ll happen? :P

ACfan443
06-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Nothing wrong with the thread title - 'Darby (is) asked some question (by a fan)' just think of it that way ;)

And I personally don't mind whether manual crouching is included or not.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:46 PM
nor i

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 11:50 PM
No, I actually get it, but the reason I didn't think of the Ezio-Desmond scenario is that it happened before, making it happen again will just make it lose it`s allure the first time...anywho, you want to bet that what you say is not what`ll happen? :P

lol I'd rather not have JB adorn my sig. I can't trust some ramblings I deduced in a mere 5 minutes.

Shahkulu101
06-12-2013, 11:50 PM
My hunch is this...

Like ArabianFrost said Edward will somehow contact Connor and he'll be off to the carribean to perhaps finish business for Edward and we play as him for a couple of sequences.
And... when we complete it we can choose to freeroam with either character.

Yes, my optimism does not know any bounds.

ArabianFrost
06-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Nothing wrong with the thread title - 'Darby (is) asked some question (by a fan)' just think of it that way ;)

You say that now, but wait until you spend 20 minutes in a mission, like the stealthiest mother****er on earth, only to have your stealth streak murdered by the fact that you can't crouch, making you visible to the guards. Also, remember that you can't hide behind any object shorter than you, so crouch is not only a good option to have, it is actually NECESSARY for proper stealth, especially that Ubisoft doesn't allow us to hide behind short objects. Either Ubisoft allows us to hide behind shorter objects or they allows us to crouch, but something must be done about the inability to be unseen with only short surfaces existing in the vicinity.

montagemik
06-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Connor then....JB bet to any opposed :|

So essentially you're 'calling it' - that Aveline (who's already confirmed) & Connor - Who more than a few people already suggested / speculated weeks/months ago WILL APPEAR in AC:4 ?

LOL , If one is already confirmed & the other has been speculated & suggested by 'others' in the past ......Then what exactly are you 'Calling' or rather what makes it 'your call' ??

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:59 PM
So essentially you're 'calling it' - that Aveline (who's already confirmed) & Connor - Who more than a few people already suggested / speculated weeks/months ago WILL APPEAR in AC:4 ?

LOL , If one is already confirmed & the other has been speculated & suggested by 'others' in the past ......Then what exactly are you 'Calling' or rather what makes it 'your call' ??
Aveline wasn't confirmed to appear in story, though.....it`s my call, because i called it....others just speculated

ArabianFrost
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
My hunch is this...

Like ArabianFrost said Edward will somehow contact Connor and he'll be off to the carribean to perhaps finish business for Edward and we play as him for a couple of sequences.
And... when we complete it we can choose to freeroam with either character.

Yes, my optimism does not know any bounds.

This is too optimistic but would be unbelievably awesome although I do doubt they'd put it in considering Connor's reception isn't universally good. If they do pull of something like how RDR changes to John's son after the end, but with switchable characters, I won't be mad. Hell, this can even give Ubisoft opportunities to add landmarks that were available during Connor's time but not Edward's.

Now we are pretty much creating a whole new game that isn't Black flag. Oh well, I love this speculation nonetheless. It's one of the few reasons of why I still love this franchise, maybe even the only thing keeping me on board.

Shahkulu101
06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
This is too optimistic but would be unbelievably awesome although I do doubt they'd put it in considering Connor's reception isn't universally good. If they do pull of something like how RDR changes to John's son after the end, but with switchable characters, I won't be mad. Hell, this can even give Ubisoft opportunities to add landmarks that were available during Connor's time but not Edward's.

Now we are pretty much creating a whole new game that isn't Black flag. Oh well, I love this speculation nonetheless. It's one of the few reasons of why I still love this franchise, maybe even the only thing keeping me on board.

Yeah, no chance in hell unfortunately! :)

It's a real shame about Connor's reception Imo, the story presentation really hurt his character in AC3 and to be honest there were times he was rather boring despite his other great qualities. We won't see him again unfortunately.

I wonder though how Aveline will be included. I believe she is definitley playable. Maybe Ubi will pull our pisser again and we'll end up playing as her in the beginning,

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 12:23 AM
You say that now, but wait until you spend 20 minutes in a mission, like the stealthiest mother****er on earth, only to have your stealth streak murdered by the fact that you can't crouch, making you visible to the guards. Also, remember that you can't hide behind any object shorter than you, so crouch is not only a good option to have, it is actually NECESSARY for proper stealth, especially that Ubisoft doesn't allow us to hide behind short objects. Either Ubisoft allows us to hide behind shorter objects or they allows us to crouch, but something must be done about the inability to be unseen with only short surfaces existing in the vicinity.

IMO the best solution would be to allow crouching behind waist-high objects, using the same cover mechanics AC3 had. Press up against it in low profile, and you'll take cover behind it.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 12:25 AM
IMO the best solution would be to allow crouching behind waist-high objects, using the same cover mechanics AC3 had. Press up against it in low profile, and you'll take cover behind it.
don`t people hate short structures, though?? That`s why everyone hated Boston and NY, because the buildings were.........waist high..*ba dum TSSSSS*

ArabianFrost
06-13-2013, 12:36 AM
don`t people hate short structures, though?? That`s why everyone hated Boston and NY, because the buildings were.........waist high..*ba dum TSSSSS*

I don't understand the cheese you just posted.

rob.davies2014
06-13-2013, 12:39 AM
In The Chain, we see that Paul Bellamy is being held at Abstergo and they've put him in an Animus.
In Assassin's Creed 3's multiplayer, Erudito suggests that Paul is related to Aveline and that's how Abstergo harvested the memories for Liberation.
In Black Flag, I'm guessing the researcher into Edward Kenway will also get the chance to explore Aveline's memories, maybe as a reward for doing well on the Edward Kenway job.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 12:41 AM
In The Chain, we see that Paul Bellamy is being held at Abstergo and they've put him in an Animus.
In Assassin's Creed 3's multiplayer, Erudito suggests that Paul is related to Aveline and that's how Abstergo harvested the memories for Liberation.
In Black Flag, I'm guessing the researcher into Edward Kenway will also get the chance to explore Aveline's memories, maybe as a reward for doing well on the Edward Kenway job.

I forgot about that... you're probably right.

Ureh
06-13-2013, 12:58 AM

That'd be nice if they let us play as young Haytham at the end.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2013, 01:57 AM
Everyone, remember that the aveline stuff is just for PS users. If the aveline part was so important to the story as many of you are speculating, then ubi would definitely put that part in the game for all other users as well. I am sure that the aveline memories are just becuase the abstergo user gets to explore aveline as well.

I believe that abstergo got Edward memories from William miles when they captured him, and aveline memories from Paul, as mentioned above.

That being said, I also believe that Connor would have a part in the story. Remember when Connor talks to Faulkner about Edward in TOKW? Well, how the hell did he know about his grand pappy? He either was shown memories of him through the apple, "unlikely" or told about Edward by achilles. Either way, I expect Achilles to be in the story because he lived in the Caribbean during that time, Connor will be in it because Mr Shade give it away with his little emoticon.... And haytham, will be in it becuase he is Edward's son.

ArabianFrost
06-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Everyone, remember that the aveline stuff is just for PS users. If the aveline part was so important to the story as many of you are speculating, then ubi would definitely put that part in the game for all other users as well. I am sure that the aveline memories are just becuase the abstergo user gets to explore aveline as well.

I believe that abstergo got Edward memories from William miles when they captured him, and aveline memories from Paul, as mentioned above.

That being said, I also believe that Connor would have a part in the story. Remember when Connor talks to Faulkner about Edward in TOKW? Well, how the hell did he know about his grand pappy? He either was shown memories of him through the apple, "unlikely" or told about Edward by achilles. Either way, I expect Achilles to be in the story because he lived in the Caribbean during that time, Connor will be in it because Mr Shade give it away with his little emoticon.... And haytham, will be in it becuase he is Edward's son.

I'd like to remind you that Ubisoft, from the looks of it, created an alternative world for Aveline so we can play in. You don't just create a second American universe for 3 missions so that Aveline can dabble in. There are definitely segments in the base-game AC4 with Aveline in it and these PS exclusives are there to expand on them.

Remember when Ubisoft said you'll be rewarded in the modern day for exploration? Maybe aveline doesn't have anything to do at all with the Edward part. Maybe you get Aveline missions as a reward from Abstergo for being a good employee, when in reality, she may not progress or the story, or maybe she just sheds light on some extra details that aren't that essential to the main narrative, but only to reward the players that explore the modern day world.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 02:10 AM
I'd like to remind you that Ubisoft, from the looks of it, created an alternative world for Aveline so we can play in. You don't just create a second American universe for 3 missions so that Aveline can dabble in. There are definitely segments in the base-game AC4 with Aveline in it and these PS exclusives are there to expand on them.

Remember when Ubisoft said you'll be rewarded in the modern day for exploration? Maybe aveline doesn't have anything to do at all with the Edward part. Maybe you get Aveline missions as a reward from Abstergo for being a good employee, when in reality, she may not progress or the story, or maybe she just sheds light on some extra details that aren't that essential to the main narrative, but only to reward the players that explore the modern day world.
This...You don`t create Aveline and a world, JUST for console bonus

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 02:28 AM
This...You don`t create Aveline and a world, JUST for console bonus

Just to clarify, the image we saw of Aveline free-running in the Frontier looked doctored. Aveline herself looked like a rendered game model, whereas the background looked like it was painted.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Just to clarify, the image we saw of Aveline free-running in the Frontier looked doctored. Aveline herself looked like a rendered game model, whereas the background looked like it was painted.
It was most likely concept art, but it was definitely official..

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 02:38 AM
It was most likely concept art, but it was definitely official..

Oh, I'm not saying it was fake, I just mean you shouldn't believe everything you see in pre-release media, especially when it pertains to preorder bonuses. Remember the Colonial Assassin skin? Or Ezio exploring Masyaf in Altair's original robe? Or the story aspect of the "exclusive" naval missions? These things were advertised, but never actually happened in-game.

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 02:44 AM
If Black Flag is closing Aveline's story.. I really hope they don't close Connor's story as well..

Also, I wonder if Black Flag will be Edward's only game?

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Oh, I'm not saying it was fake, I just mean you shouldn't believe everything you see in pre-release media, especially when it pertains to preorder bonuses. Remember the Colonial Assassin skin? Or Ezio exploring Masyaf in Altair's original robe? Or the story aspect of the "exclusive" naval missions? These things were advertised, but never actually happened in-game.
fair point....but that`s the thing about me bets :|

Wanna bet that i`m right? :|

COME ON, DAMMIT

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Also, I wonder if Black Flag will be Edward's only game?

I think it would have to be, since it's supposed to span about a decade, which means Haytham would be born only a little bit after the game ends. And even if they go beyond Haytham's birth somehow, there'd be no more pirating because he was back in England.

Of course, if Edward is as popular as Ezio, I'm sure they'll find a way...

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Of course, if Edward is as popular as Ezio, I'm sure they'll find a way...
There`s going to be A LOT of crap storms if they make another Edward game and poof...dump Connor....

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 03:13 AM
There`s going to be A LOT of crap storms if they make another Edward game and poof...dump Connor....

Maybe not as many as you think...

In Ubi's general Facebook "Favorite Character" poll, Ezio handily beat Altair and absolutely DESTROYED Connor. If Edward's popularity is comparable to his, the only complaints about dropping Connor will be coming from a small (albeit vocal) minority.

Escappa
06-13-2013, 03:14 AM

I think that after this 5 annual releases, they should take a break (the releases should take a break, the devs should work like never before ;) ) and come back in maybe 2016 or something with something REALLY good, not because AC IV BF looks bad, it doesn', it looks amazing, but if they keep the annual releases, people will get tired and the franchiche will die :(

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Maybe not as many as you think...

In Ubi's general Facebook "Favorite Character" poll, Ezio handily beat Altair and absolutely DESTROYED Connor. If Edward's popularity is comparable to his, the only complaints about dropping Connor will be coming from a small (albeit vocal) minority.
Like I said before about this, PREFERRING a character over the other, does not mean anything....a lot of the people who joined the wolfkin initiative liked Ezio and see him as their favorite....As you and many others like to think, NO, it wont be a minority...a more accurate poll would be, "would you like another game for Connor", or "did you dislike Connor?"

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 03:20 AM
I think that after this 5 annual releases, they should take a break (the releases should take a break, the devs should work like never before ;) ) and come back in maybe 2016 or something with something REALLY good, not because AC IV BF looks bad, it doesn', it looks amazing, but if they keep the annual releases, people will get tired and the franchiche will die :(

Oh, the franchise won't die, people will just lose respect for it. Just like CoD, which is putting up absolutely unbelievable numbers in sales (mostly to kids) but among gamers who play more than one type of game, it's one of the most hated franchises out there.

ze_topazio
06-13-2013, 03:21 AM
If the franchise gets tired they'll give it a small break to calm people down, if that fails they'll make an edgier reboot and if that fails they'll concentrate on Watch Dogs.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 03:26 AM
Like I said, PREFERRING a character over the other, does not mean anything....a lot of the people who joined the wolfkin initiative liked Ezio and see him as their favorite....As you and many others like to think, NO, it wont be a minority...you`ll see

Oh, I don't like to think that. I want a Connor sequel just as much as you (maybe even more, since you were more satisfied with AC3 than I was and I want to see him redeemed). But trust me, the number of Connor haters among the general population is stunning. This forum is not an accurate gauge of that, since most people here are hardcore AC fans who like anything AC-related. And judging by the fact that almost every top comment on AC3 YouTube vids is about how disappointed they were in AC3 and Connor in general, I'm willing to bet that he'll be quickly forgotten if they give us another memorable protagonist.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 03:28 AM
judging by the fact that almost every top comment on AC3 YouTube vids is about how disappointed they were in AC3 and Connor in general, I'm willing to bet that he'll be quickly forgotten if they give us another memorable protagonist.
Show me at least ONE video where the top is a disappointment in Connor and AC III

ze_topazio
06-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Maybe in the future people will like him more, like Altair, nobody liked Altair back in the days, but after AC2 people start looking at Altair as that legendary badass assassin that change the world forever, and i think people would like Connor more if he had a mustache.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 03:41 AM
AC IV Official E3 Gameplay
http://gyazo.com/6f2782dbcc297bd40fad756a9594777b.png

AC III Official Connor story trailer
http://gyazo.com/a3e83f66b333591f173dfdc3b2856026.png

Noah Watts` Podcast (a little thing I want to mention is how this podcast is the one most viewed from the Protagonist podcasts Loomer did....yes it surpasses Roger Smith`s)
http://gyazo.com/7f04d413486537e05dc16953d4114476.png

Juuuuuuust sayin`

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 03:54 AM
I can see them doing another Edward game in London. I mean, I have to assume that in the decade (or longer) between him coming back to London and making Haytham, and being stabbed in the chest, that he got into some Assassin missions.

Unless that's all covered in Forsaken (which I haven't read), in which case Black Flag is probably Edward's only game.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 03:58 AM
I can see them doing another Edward game in London. I mean, I have to assume that in the decade (or longer) between him coming back to London and making Haytham, and being stabbed in the chest, that he got into some Assassin missions.

Unless that's all covered in Forsaken (which I haven't read), in which case Black Flag is probably Edward's only game.
Knowing Ubisoft, if Edward proved popular with casual fans (Which he most likely will)....they`ll do ANYTHING to make another Edward game...

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 04:12 AM
London has also been asked for as a city to be in numerous times...

I hope they stay true to the idea of covering the stories of each Assassin completely. Mostly because that means that there needs to be another Connor game.\

I can imagine there being an "Assassin's Creed IV" that has you play as both Edward and Connor significantly. Edward in London, Connor in Paris (if he goes to the French Revolution).

Oh M, can you link me to your topic that covers the recruit system? I have ideas I want to add.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 04:14 AM
London has also been asked for as a city to be in numerous times...

I hope they stay true to the idea of covering the stories of each Assassin completely. Mostly because that means that there needs to be another Connor game.\

I can imagine there being an "Assassin's Creed IV" that has you play as both Edward and Connor significantly. Edward in London, Connor in Paris (if he goes to the French Revolution).

Oh M, can you link me to your topic that covers the recruit system? I have ideas I want to add.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/774568-The-perfect-recruit-system how did you know, though :O

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 04:18 AM
how did I know about that topic? I saw it before but didn't say anything

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 04:19 AM
how did I know about that topic? I saw it before but didn't say anything
Oh....OK......how boring :|

AC2_alex
06-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Knowing Ubisoft, if Edward proved popular with casual fans (Which he most likely will)....they`ll do ANYTHING to make another Edward game...

Assassin's Creed V could be very intriguing. Think about. First off... its another Edward game. Set in London. First part of the game talks about how Edward is all beat up and weary from his battles and lifestyle in the Caribbean. Heads back to London incognito for a normal life-- a fresh beginning. Buuuuut in the shadows, undercover, the Assassins know he's back and they need him... BADLY. In a The Dark Knight Rises type way, Edward is brought back from retirement by the Brotherhood because of a serious Templar threat. So Edward's now back in the swing of things. Here's the twist. Edward goes on a mission to tail a Templar.... a very skilled, Assassin-like Templar who is quick and smart and can free run and the whole enchilada..... but she's a woman! gasp!!! Edward thinks he's got her, buuuuut it turns out, she knows he's been following her. Through her cunning, she leads the once skilled but now a bit rusty Edward into a trap. A fight ensues. As the battle rages on there is dialogue between the two, arguing over their separate ideologies and what not. The female Templar bests him, has Edward pinned down, but she spares him. She isn't a ruthless Templar, she's more like Haytham.... not necessarily evil but has a different view that she believes in, rather than blindly follow. blah blah blah.... clever writing that I'm not capable of..... yada yada yada.... aaand they're oddly in love with each other. Though they disagree, they still have respect for each other. They don't tell each of their orders about their relationship, because it would be forbidden to work with the Assassins, in her case, or Edward work with the Templars. They have a kid... Haytham. The final sequences or so features a young Haytham struggling to find his purpose in life... trying to decide if he sides with the Templars or Assassins. This rivalry is created between Edward and Her (for a lack of a name) over their son. Tragedy happens... blah blah blah.... once again I'm not a writer..... Edward and She both die somehow. ...... Then some present day story tie-in/ big twist and fade to black. AC6 is Hayhtam's game?

Just a thought, but I like it. I know they wanted to tell a Kenway saga, so I don't know if this means trilogy (AC3 AC4BF AC5) or if my idea is possible (as far as: Connor game, Edward game 1, Edward game 2, Haytham game)???

Or maybe no Haytham game. We learned the end of Haytham's life in AC3, maybe just seeing Haytham's beginnings in AC5 will suffice?

I hear people groan when Ubi says "We want to tell the Kenway saga," as if Connor and his family's story is boring, but I'm excited. The Kenway story is multilayed and intriguing.

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 04:39 AM
You should read the summary of Forsaken. Haytham's mother is not a Templar.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Assassin's Creed V could be very intriguing. Think about. First off... its another Edward game. Set in London. First part of the game talks about how Edward is all beat up and weary from his battles and lifestyle in the Caribbean. Heads back to London incognito for a normal life-- a fresh beginning. Buuuuut in the shadows, undercover, the Assassins know he's back and they need him... BADLY. In a The Dark Knight Rises type way, Edward is brought back from retirement by the Brotherhood because of a serious Templar threat. So Edward's now back in the swing of things. Here's the twist. Edward goes on a mission to tail a Templar.... a very skilled, Assassin-like Templar who is quick and smart and can free run and the whole enchilada..... but she's a woman! gasp!!! Edward thinks he's got her, buuuuut it turns out, she knows he's been following her. Through her cunning, she leads the once skilled but now a bit rusty Edward into a trap. A fight ensues. As the battle rages on there is dialogue between the two, arguing over their separate ideologies and what not. The female Templar bests him, has Edward pinned down, but she spares him. She isn't a ruthless Templar, she's more like Haytham.... not necessarily evil but has a different view that she believes in, rather than blindly follow. blah blah blah.... clever writing that I'm not capable of..... yada yada yada.... aaand they're oddly in love with each other. Though they disagree, they still have respect for each other. They don't tell each of their orders about their relationship, because it would be forbidden to work with the Assassins, in her case, or Edward work with the Templars. They have a kid... Haytham. The final sequences or so features a young Haytham struggling to find his purpose in life... trying to decide if he sides with the Templars or Assassins. This rivalry is created between Edward and Her (for a lack of a name) over their son. Tragedy happens... blah blah blah.... once again I'm not a writer..... Edward and She both die somehow. ...... Then some present day story tie-in/ big twist and fade to black. AC6 is Hayhtam's game?

Just a thought, but I like it. I know they wanted to tell a Kenway saga, so I don't know if this means trilogy (AC3 AC4BF AC5) or if my idea is possible (as far as: Connor game, Edward game 1, Edward game 2, Haytham game)???

Or maybe no Haytham game. We learned the end of Haytham's life in AC3, maybe just seeing Haytham's beginnings in AC5 will suffice?

I hear people groan when Ubi says "We want to tell the Kenway saga," as if Connor and his family's story is boring, but I'm excited. The Kenway story is multilayed and intriguing.
That sounds like some Sherlock/Irene mixed with Altair/Maria...and to be honest...I`v seen and read about both :|....soooo....this doesn't really interest me...Kudos to you for making it up, though..

AC2_alex
06-13-2013, 04:44 AM
You should read the summary of Forsaken. Haytham's mother is not a Templar.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the AC mythology. I've just played the games, many times. In my head I knew I might be making some inconsistencies with the AC universe as I wrote this, but yeah, sorry.

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2013, 05:59 AM
I think Ubisoft should start including a copy of Forsaken with every copy of AC4 so people will get their damn facts straight.

tired of correcting people who say that Haytham was an assassin who joined the templars

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 06:03 AM
I think Ubisoft should start including a copy of Forsaken with every copy of AC4 so people will get their damn facts straight.

tired of correcting people who say that Haytham was an assassin who joined the templars
isn't it kinda their fault for not sorta including it in the Database more clearly??

AC2_alex
06-13-2013, 06:26 AM

lol I know. So annoying

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 11:42 PM
isn't it kinda their fault for not sorta including it in the Database more clearly??

This. It should have been addressed more definitively in AC3, not relegated to the book that only maybe 1/10 players would read...