PDA

View Full Version : Herald of the Void - Feedback

Aza404
06-12-2013, 04:16 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/HOTV_judgement.jpg

Dear Champions,

Itís been almost 2 weeks since Herald of the Void was launched, with its 103 new cards! It was a big milestone for the game.

Now itís time for YOU to tell what you think about the series!
Tell us everything in the comments below!

Aza and the Doc Team

h3at88
06-12-2013, 04:35 PM
fix the bug...still many bug there...

daily reward just awesome ..its help alot to us...thx for free stuff there...

Romichukr
06-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Very happy with expension and overally with the game, keep up the good work, now waiting for bug fixing and hope the next expansion will bring a new faction to experiment with, dungeon, swamp or academy.

Hantziie
06-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Add a cost to Nergal active effect.

Maty4778
06-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I really like the expansion. I think my biggest thumb up for your team was that the power curve was very reasonable. Yup there's some good cards! But you didn't overshadow every single card from previous sets so there are still tons of viable old cards. That's going to keep me paying for this game knowing that you're not making the older sets obsolete every new expansion.

Also really like that these new epics in the set are just awesome novelties to a deck and not absolute staples to being competitive. Great work with the overall balance guys.

OrMedusa
06-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Good time of the day! First of all i want to congratulate all the team of Ubisoft with really great work they did, and continue to do. Chats are really usefull, and help to keep in touch old friends and meet new. Dayly bonus is very pleasant and usefull, espetially for beginners. For that big thanks to all the team!
I am 1000+ elo, and i really like this game. But now i got the feeling that game is really less interesting. Almost everybody now play necro and inferno. Sanctuary and heaven are almost dead. Their cards become too week to resist. What happens at 1500+elo - it s only necro and Dhamiria(againt thiis hero practically nothing can t resist).Appear big disbalance, and all interest to game is going away(honestly, it s boring from 10 games meet 5 necro, 3 inferno, 1 or 2 bastion, and just 1 sanctuary or heaven)...Anybody don t like to play the game, where he loose too much. Of course, people can always begin to play stronger fractions, if they got anough cards and hero(the biggest part of players it s who begin not so long time ago, so they don t got too much cards). And a lot of players do that. But it means that heaven and sanctuary disappear from the game. Ask the people, who played this 2 fractions before, what they play now, and how it works now.

MamuzShah
06-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm a bit desappointed by the new set, and maybe (even if it's too early) by the way the game goes.

The greatest desappointement is that the factions have more and more no differences between each others. There isn't a strong guideline for each... When i see that necro can rush now very strongly... It's just... how to say... really bad, no ?
Moreover the way taken by the magic school seems to be the same : the great unification.

I guess that the choice to give the "first strike", by default, to the attackers forces to the unification of the creatures. More and more, i find this choice totally counter-productive to a boarding game, because the first player who cast something into a row tends to lock it (like in a boarding game where it's not a good move to board). To avoid the lock, the solution taken by the new set is to increase the HP of early drops : boarding in front of something becomes easier, sure, but i think it's not a good way.
If the next set brings a 3/0/7 inferno creature for 3, i guess i will leave the game...

Fortunatly, the perfect design in the ressource system let me have some hope. I think the rest of the design is far behind how ressources is managed, and i hope it will become better soon.

Maybe we are living the "Ice Age" of the game (if people remember how bad was this set in MTG, and like a paradox how good the game becomes after).

Psychobabble.au
06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
The good:

* New cards are, overall, excellent. I really like the power level and diversity of the set, overall. The pace of new card release is also really promising for the future of the game, the timing was basically perfect.
* The new features - chat, daily rewards - are well implemented and appreciated.
* The additional achievements are great, and really give you an incentive to explore the new card pool. Huge thumbs up for these.
* Unique, epic spells are awesome, and very well implemented.

The bad:

* I have some quibbles with some of the new cards. Eg. most of the non-unique spells are garbage, and I think cosmic balance is downright unfair to an entire deck archetype.
* The amount of complaining about nergal atm is pretty overwhelming, I don't think there's a fundamental problem but I do think necro was pushed a lot more obviously than the other factions (untamed wrath and decay spitter in particular), which has made it an easy choice to pick up at the start. Necro can be very annoying to play against, it might have been an idea to give other factions (esp haven) more tools to deal with incorporeal and high toughness creatures.
* the blurring of the lines between the factions in terms of spell schools was disappointing to me, even if theoretically justifiable in the lore.

The ugly:

* bugs, bugs, bugs. swiss tournaments are almost unplayable for me atm, and I frequently lose jackpot tourney games due to bugs. It's super frustrating, I don't know if it's server load or what, but very poor form.
* the ipad delay was very annoying while it lasted, but at least it's fixed now.

Overall, I think this has been an excellent expansion - thanks Ubi!

Fortunatly, the perfect design in the ressource system let me have some hope. I think the rest of the design is far behind how ressources is managed, and i hope it will become better soon.
Really? the resource design "system" is the worst part of this game. It's so brainless.

MamuzShah
06-13-2013, 12:38 AM
"It's so brainless."

That's why it's good. Easy and secured. I don't want to think to have a way to cast my cards.

Psychobabble.au
06-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Sure, that can be a valid opinion, but I personally like complexity in my game (that's why I play TCGs) and this is the single most disappointing aspect of the game (#2 being the "everyone draws 2 cards per turn). MTGs poorly-understood mana system is the single best resource system out there, but even something like the WoWtcg "sacrifice any card to make a resource" system, which is pretty standard nowdays, would be preferable to the "system" in this game.

Anyway, way off topic...

Mr.Muffles
06-13-2013, 02:22 AM
Personally, I feel there are so many cool and interesting cards from the new expansion. However, in this very heavy "aggro" (creature-heavy) meta, I find it hard to use many of these new and interesting cards.

Many cards have cool possibilities but if I spend a turn playing said card, and the opponent just drops 2 more creatures, I suddenly feel like I've been set back a turn and now I play on the backfoot the rest of the game. So while a lot of these new cards look good on paper, and give me fun ideas to attempt, in reality I just get walked on by rush/aggro decks and then want to go back to something more standard and boring.

Also, +1 for giving nergal's ability a resource cost, if even just 1 resource.

Lastly, I feel siegfried's nerf was a bit too hard, and I dont even play haven ever. Also, I think fleshbane should be the same as siegfriend, it doesn't make sense to nerf one but not the other. Especially since you introduced a new inccorporeal. Untaimed Wraith is actually overpowered imo. Too good of stats for a 3-drop. Way better than its 4-drop counterpart.

ArcaneAzmadi
06-13-2013, 02:35 AM
1. Too small. 103 cards is about the size of a single Scroll when Legend of the Five Rings was dabbling in episodic releases (Scorpion Clan Coup/The Hidden Emperor) and those were coming out MONTHLY.

2. The fortunes and non-unique spells are pretty bad across the board. Ones I'd likely consider using are: Resolute Stand, Lightning Strike, Ice Splinters, Heat Wave, Fate Twister, Minor Recall, Sister's Tent, Chamber of Dementia, Void Rift, Seria's Last Order, Battle Trance, Hall of Fortune, Altar of Wishes, Forgotten Cave. Maybe Stampede, Ice Shell, Revised Tactics, Early Grave or Scrying Pool if I'm being experimental. That's less than half of them.

3. Faction imbalance is depressing. Inferno didn't get enough good stuff, Necropolis got WAY too much, when they were already insanely strong. Seriously, Decay Spitter, Soul Consuming Lich, Hangman Tree AND Untamed Wraith? Also, you nerfed Haven. Haven.

4. Vast majority of neutral creatures are crap. Again. Why is pointless rubbish like Lesser Water Elemental even being included?

5. Card distribution continues to be utterly dire. I managed to get three copies of The Silent Death, 2 copies each of The Strength of the Sea and The Loght of Tomorrow and EIGHT copies of Blood of my Tribe, but still haven't gotten The Might of Nature, The Forbidden Flame, Immaculate Glory or Living Nightmare yet, among many others.

reapersaurus
06-14-2013, 02:33 AM
WAY too expensive.

Herald is simply beyond the reach of free-to-play players (i.e. casual).

I don't think you should be restricting (via excessive cost) new expansions to paying (hardcore) players only.

Your continual refusal to cater to casual players will be this game's undoing.

Psychobabble.au
06-14-2013, 04:01 AM
WAY too expensive.

Herald is simply beyond the reach of free-to-play players (i.e. casual).

I don't think you should be restricting (via excessive cost) new expansions to paying (hardcore) players only.

Your continual refusal to cater to casual players will be this game's undoing.
You mean, they aren't doing a good job of satisfying "customers" who don't pay them any money? I think they're probably going to be ok with that.

ArcaneAzmadi
06-14-2013, 06:19 AM
You mean, they aren't doing a good job of satisfying "customers" who don't pay them any money? I think they're probably going to be ok with that.

In my case, it's not the price that's bothering me- it's the ATROCIOUS card distribution. Until I hear something about it being addressed, they're not seeing another brass razoo from me. I got my FOURTH friggin' copy of The Silent Death last night!

Psychobabble.au
06-14-2013, 07:06 AM
In my case, it's not the price that's bothering me- it's the ATROCIOUS card distribution. Until I hear something about it being addressed, they're not seeing another brass razoo from me. I got my FOURTH friggin' copy of The Silent Death last night!

Yep, I agree on this point. The lack of any system for anyone to actively target individual cards actively deters people from spending money on the game, apart from perhaps an initial boost to get commons/uncommons more quickly. Spending real money on seals to try to get specific rares/epics is just silly under the current system, and one of the major weaknesses of the game.

ArcaneAzmadi
06-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Yep, I agree on this point. The lack of any system for anyone to actively target individual cards actively deters people from spending money on the game, apart from perhaps an initial boost to get commons/uncommons more quickly. Spending real money on seals to try to get specific rares/epics is just silly under the current system, and one of the major weaknesses of the game.

I don't think we need the ability to target specific cards, although that would help. I just think they need to look at the pack distribution algorithms, because there's SOMETHING screwed up there. You can't even really say this is "true randomness" because I have noted a PATTERN of bad drops. I have got 8 unique epic spell drops from Herald of the Void packs: 4 copies of The Silent Death and 2 each of The Light of Tomorrow and The Strength of the Sea, with NO copies of any of the other four. That's EXTREMELY implausible. Yes, it's "possible" if the distribution is truly random, but I don't think it is, I think there's something genuinely wrong.

Psychobabble.au
06-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I don't think we need the ability to target specific cards, although that would help. I just think they need to look at the pack distribution algorithms, because there's SOMETHING screwed up there. You can't even really say this is "true randomness" because I have noted a PATTERN of bad drops. I have got 8 unique epic spell drops from Herald of the Void packs: 4 copies of The Silent Death and 2 each of The Light of Tomorrow and The Strength of the Sea, with NO copies of any of the other four. That's EXTREMELY implausible. Yes, it's "possible" if the distribution is truly random, but I don't think it is, I think there's something genuinely wrong.

People have a fundamental difficulty in getting their head around randomness, especially with small sample sizes. Ubisoft can check if their distribution is working correctly quite easily - and I'm sure it does over a large enough sample size - the problem is that the system is broken and getting rare/epic cards only through random drops is inherently a bad idea.

Fire_sn4kE
06-14-2013, 09:27 AM
regarding singles: i understand why they do not want to introduce a market for this matter. maybe it should be a bazaar once a month? once per two weeks? or an auction house? you put out a card and exchange it for a set of pre-determined cards (and wait for someone who is willing to make the deal) or for cards+gold or gold+seals? like, it works for 24 hours and then shuts to re-open in a month (2 weeks)? and you can make up to 3/4/5 purchases this way?
this way you get a chance to obtain exactly what you need in a trade session and make some profit selling your stuff. besides, this way it won't impact the economics of the game - for this fair you need resource

Elementalist.
06-16-2013, 01:15 PM
I very much like the addition of the new cards and most of the existing card changes, however a few things are getting in the way of seeing a more diverse meta.

- Necro has become rushier than inferno which feels so very wrong.
- Packs are too expensive, making the game more grind-heavy than ever. I can understand if you do not want to lower the price of reinforcements but void at 18.5k? Really?
- If the daily rewards were introduced to keep the newcomers playing, this isn't really working. Random, no choice, bonuses they cannot really take advantage of or have no interest in.
- I cannot believe the Mulligan bug and crashes have not been resolved yet. This is pretty much unacceptable.
- While I definitely wanted Kieran and Siegfried to get nerfed, their abilities are all but useless now. Meanwhile other heroes that were next to useless still remain so. It shouldn't be hard to tweak them a bit, that would make the meta so much more interesting!
- Many cards that were really bad and could have been playable remain unused.
- Chat should have an option to turn off all those distracting sounds.
- Elo matchmaking remains ridiculously bad, often pairing people against 200-400 rating above or below.
- There should be more incentives to play at a higher elo so that some would have no reason to drop their elo on purpose.

M0rw47h
06-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I've to agreed on everything with Elementalist.
Also: orange in signature.

Romichukr
06-17-2013, 06:29 AM
isnt it already 3 cards per 24 h? it need to be at least 6 cards, every 4-th hour or so.

hubin23
06-17-2013, 09:04 AM
isnt it already 3 cards per 24 h? it need to be at least 6 cards, every 4-th hour or so.

Agree! Because when that feature was introduced, the card pool was much smaller than it is now. Shorten the cycles please.

RogatyDiabel
06-17-2013, 11:36 AM
I very much like the addition of the new cards and most of the existing card changes, however a few things are getting in the way of seeing a more diverse meta.

- Necro has become rushier than inferno which feels so very wrong.
- Packs are too expensive, making the game more grind-heavy than ever. I can understand if you do not want to lower the price of reinforcements but void at 18.5k? Really?
- If the daily rewards were introduced to keep the newcomers playing, this isn't really working. Random, no choice, bonuses they cannot really take advantage of or have no interest in.
- I cannot believe the Mulligan bug and crashes have not been resolved yet. This is pretty much unacceptable.
- While I definitely wanted Kieran and Siegfried to get nerfed, their abilities are all but useless now. Meanwhile other heroes that were next to useless still remain so. It shouldn't be hard to tweak them a bit, that would make the meta so much more interesting!
- Many cards that were really bad and could have been playable remain unused.
- Chat should have an option to turn off all those distracting sounds.
- Elo matchmaking remains ridiculously bad, often pairing people against 200-400 rating above or below.
- There should be more incentives to play at a higher elo so that some would have no reason to drop their elo on purpose.
This
and add more cards to infernal pit, they also need to change more often

Elementalist.
06-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Now that infernal pit has cards from all three sets it would be great if we had a card from each every 8 hours.

SoAmazinglyBad
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
My thoughts :)

@ Hantzzz / creature
Adding cost to nergal poison will make him a worse and he will be propably @ Siegfried/kieran position. If you are complaining about necro power better: Do sth with week of wild spirits (kind of bad cause sanctuary is kind of meh without it) or consider nerfing lvl 3/4 necro drop (3 real strong lvl 3 and 1 decent(Vampire, Untamed Wraith, Crypt Friend and Skeleton Archer) (3 real strong lvl 4 and 2 decent (archlich, soul consuming lich, decoy spitter and moonsilk spider, vengenful spectre) or buff other nations :P (propably add more magic dmg units but i guess in this case we would see a war of magic attack units, who has more win xD
(here is why necro units are strong)
Nearly all of this units give a lot of utility and a bit of power which can be buffed by events... and yet u can build nergal with 2 x magic lvl 2 drop, 1 x lvl 3 magic drop, and 2 x lvl 4 magic drop and to compare this units to sanctuary all this units have utility (incorporteral and life steal) and better stats (vs heaven, stronghold not vs magic heavy decks). To sum up we have 3 x lvl 3 tank units (crypt friend, untamed wraith, skeleton archer) and 1 self sustain tank, @ lvl 4 we got a real strong self sustain tank, self sustain shooter @ lvl 4, incorporteal tank and lane control creature (moonsilk spider on lane and who u wanna deploy in that lane?) and blocker with infect and 2 dmg finisher

Funny fact that inferno has more less offensive utility powers (1 dmg to hero/card discarding/no more card then 1 etc < life drain health regen itp) then rough field utility power which now is dominant @ necropolis. Inferno is kind of mess right now... it has a lot of control deck potential with no control creature or with not a huge number of it (i guess lilim, hellfire maniac, doombringer mix well with inferno fortunes to help stall game, but i dont get why mix heavy rush and control fortunes so hard --> its like 0 synergy right now :))
Other nations lvl 3 - 4 drops are not as good as necro one as well... lvl 3 drop @ heaven is (cross

Still there are few heroes who doesnt have anwser vs otk

Wolf guard,bramble beast are so much worse compare to hellfire bloater, san and necro walls, sanctuary one can imobilize enemy so he has to attack, hangman tree can regen, hellfire can be detonated, but wolf guard and bramble beast are just useless... dunno why wolf guard and bramble have cannot attack... thats just making em so useless i think they should be able to do that to allow them place in decks...
Griffin Priest his stats are really terible... more attack less retaliation plz or 0 usefulness nearly (inferno void caller twice as better...)
Griffin Knight should have 2 attack and 1 retaliation... right now he is kind of meh vs incorporteral units and he shouldnt be ;) (right now he makes em -2 dmg but cant deal dmg to them and they just have wild spirit to compensate it)
Ice shell get taken down even if u have guard ability > then enemy attack
Altar of Asha cant ressurect killed creature (which could before)
Cosmic Balance is terrible event... for 3 hp cost it should be a normal cosmic...
Day of conscription terrible
Hall of arrows too expensive?

@ chat
chat is nice but:
unused chat doesnt close after game
annoying sounds which cannot be turned off
chat getting randomly closed while typing...
random chat window is being open when u click on chat instead of last talk or sth like that
@friendlist
u cant search for player
0 filters
@reward system
rewards which actually reward more players who started earlier and have cards (tickets), u cant chose what u want etc random rewards :>
@bugs
real after 2 weeks i still got hell a lot of crashes, swiss bugs etc... n/c
@swiss
maybe additional rewards so it would be better for new players to actualy try to play it
@infernal pit
For now it just helps old players to collect 4 copies of shiny cards and nothing else :) (or missing kind of 1 card but its really rare even if i dont have a lot of cards)
too much randomness (i saw in 1 or 2 days same card twice... i think tainted orc was 3 times in 1 week lately :)) make it more useful plz

A lot of underpowered heroes which was bad before are still bad and nothing is done (just nerfing strongest one isnt going make this game better)
A lot of underpowered cards which was bad before are still bad ...

I think there should be new mode tournament (swiss like but more complicated rules like 2 fights vs eachother, 2 decks with 2 groups then final) with bigger rewards for veterans (or just limited tournamets by ingame lvl) to make game less boring in long run

There should be some stream events implemented to attract more players / more talks about mmdoc (like matrix one :))

i will add more comments in the evening i guess

h3at88
06-20-2013, 06:25 AM
card pool now become bigger...its not enough now for 1card/8hour & make payoff for pit more fair...20 rare/epic for 1 epic card in pit its too much for us..