PDA

View Full Version : skills and classes reveal rant . oh dear this game is already looking very bad..

Ravens Klaws
06-11-2013, 09:52 PM
skills and classes. explains a lot of the changes and why this probably shouldn't be called might and magic
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51b75568e754b63022000009
y'know the perception skill, the most useful skills in all of the might and magic games that allowed you to see secrets?
yeah its turned into a normal skill now, just deals with bow related stuff(range damage and attack value)
part of the fun was discovering the many secrets of the dungeons, if there are no secrets its going to be a lot less fun because now perception is a normal skill it leads me to beleive theres no reason to explore the old dungeons for the red light of gold.
my big problem with this is what the heck was wrong with the stat system in the games before this? why did they feel the need to genericise and lazyise it?
might=strength
magic=personalty and intelligence(which i prefer, since you had to tailer the type of magic to your character, likely this change is due to the freemage)
perception which i prefer as a skill, but in the games before this was the accuracy stat.
destiny, the 'new' stat before everyone says it, is actually the luck stat.
vitality and spirit are also new, but i fail to comprehend why they even exist. ( since the might and magic stats do the EXACT same thing, why do these even exist?)
a default part. WHO PLAYS THIS GAME WANTING A DEFAULT PARTY?CUSTOMIZATION MAAAAN.(again, why does this exist since players are not that lazy)
ok ive ranted about the loss of secrets due to the loss of the perception skill, ive ranted about the rubbish,miscoded and misguided and utterly pointless stat system,
now whats missing..oh yeah,..i really didnt want to reach this part. ill quicken it.*shudders at the horrors of reading about the characters*
THE CHARACTERS.
FREEMAGE:"she can become quite excellent with fire and air"oh lord, you meant to tell me that the mage can no longer GM magic from the other classes? what kind of mage is so useless that they can't even do that!!!???i can forgive the original mages uselessness with the staff, but at least he could learn all magic, thats the only reason he/she ever got into any partys at all! if the mage can't learn all magic theres no point having her/him in my party far as im concerned. "familer "and "excellent" indicate to me master and grandmaster respectivly. i really hope thats just been badly written.
THE WHATEVER WE CALL IT THIS WEEK CLASS(RANGER/ARCHER)aside from the loss of the perception skill as mentioned before, reading this tells me theres been no change to this class.
DWARFS:again no readable change from the previous games(minotours in mm8, dwarfs in the others. little pests with axes basically)
BARBARIANS:this ones newish(orc class of mm8 is the closest). favours two handed weapons, y'know the ones you almost never used with the exception of the spear? uses light armour.what makes me laugh is the end of the description"he once heard how to use a bow"lmao...yeah theres hearing and theres doing, two differnt worlds. (itll go to expert like it always does)

all in all this is not good, im very worried this will basically be a case of resident evils name(no longer even resembles the source at all and is a disgrace to hold its name)
but thats my rant, links at the top, whats your opinion?

HEF2011
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
What's my opinion?

I believe Limbic Entertainment knows exactly what they are doing in designing Might & Magic X: Legacy.

TheMoorkh
06-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Quite some movement on the blog front tonight. Communicators are revealed, now I'm just waiting for them to communicate. Maybe they don't know about this board and expect to stay on the comments threads?

Anyways, I'm not nearly as unhappy about the char gen entry as you are. Some attributes have changed their names, but skills are still in if yet unrevealed (I hope they keep some secret and hide them well within the game!). They might still have plenty of them if somewhat different than in the old games.
There seems to be a variety of classes for every race, which is fine even if no number is stated. Jut make sure every race/class combo has its particular strength in order to not make the preset party the only worthwhile build.

Ravens Klaws
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM
i went a bit over the top with this xD i will say that we have very little information right now, just what im reading is slightly,,,disconcerting.i mean i liked using perception to find the secrets and having an all magic character to support my characters and attack magically. but yeah we know very little. i stll think changing the stats sytem is unneccery,disrespectful and pointless though.

Twilite_Sleep
06-12-2013, 12:25 AM
You're complaining about a default party? MM1-5 had default parties, which are fun if you want to do challenge runs.

Ravens Klaws
06-12-2013, 12:41 AM
weeey to pick the most minor point that i don't care about.

narupley
06-12-2013, 02:32 AM
What is so wrong about a default party? If you don't want to use the default, you don't have to.

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

forgottenl
06-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Just out of curiousity, I don't see where it says the perception skill has dissapeared. They may have renamed it, just like they seemed to have renamed the old accuracy attribute "perception." I still think we have too little information to assume too much. First when we got all the information, then we can panic (if necessary) ;)

Twilite_Sleep
06-12-2013, 05:38 PM
weeey to pick the most minor point that i don't care about.

I just thought it was an odd thing to point out, is all.

Tarragon
06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Perception? Ahh, this useless skill which I never learned, good to see the change (if its really changed)

About the chracter system and so on, I think it looks really nice, I like it so far, only point I'm a bit dissappointed is that it looks like u only can promote ones with each class, but the rest looks really good

Elementalist.
06-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Just because perception changed, it doesn't mean there won't be secret walls and stuff :)