PDA

View Full Version : R2P - DreamHack Tournament Information

Aza404
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/UK/24l9e2g.jpg

It's here...

This weekend, on Sunday 16th, come and take part in our first European Live Qualifier at the DreamHack Summer Convention in Sweden!
Meet us on the Duel of champions booth from 3pm onwards for an epic tournament ;)

The best player will be going home with a Ticket for the Road to Paris, an invitation to take part in the massive Live Finals at the Paris Games Week later this year (travel and lodging provided) as well as some more great rewards.

Here are the prizes!

1st place: Ticket for the R2P, HOTV box, 3000 seals + 1 Razer Kraken Pro headset, 1 Razer Tiapan mouse and 1 Heroes VI Gold Edition!
2nd place : Ticket to Wildcard Event, Sanctuary Deck, HOTV Box, 1500 seals + 1 Razer Tiapan mouse and 1 Heroes VI Gold Edition!
3rd place : Sanctuary Deck, Serious Box, VR Box, 1000 seals + 1 Heroes VI Gold Edition
4th place: Sanctuary Deck, Serious Box, VR Box, 1000 seals
5th - 8th place : Sanctuary Deck, Serious Box, 500 seals

So post your ingame nick now to pre-book a spot in our first live event this Sunday. Obviously, this only works if you're planning to be at the DreamHack :D

See you very soon ingame and live!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/R2P_FB_square.jpg

Ipwnfour
06-11-2013, 03:32 PM
How do I get to Sweden? :)

Aza404
06-11-2013, 03:36 PM

Don't worry, if you can't be at one of our Live events, there will be plenty of other opportunities for you to get one of the 8 tickets to the road to Paris :)
More info on this very soon.

Harmbringer
06-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Only 8 Tickets?
Wow that´s exclusive...

But it seems like there will be an Option to qualify online...
But I fear there will be the biggest crowd. So I´m quite excited how this will be done.

Edit: I also hope that everyone can only join one Tournament to get a Ticket, otherwise others will have an advantage of joining several events to grab a ticket.

Enclase
06-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Is this a joke or are you serious?

You wanna give tickets for your WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP away to players who are randomly at the dreamhack? What is the point of this? If 10, 20 or 50 bad players are there, a few of them will go home with tickets for a World Championship? You have to do Online-Qualifiers for the Real-Qualifiers, not just invite anyone who is there.

In my opinion a World Championship should be played by the best players of the world - not by the guys who are at random on your events. This is just ******ed and has nothing to do with eSport ;-)

Nillicomes
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Just take your car from The Nederlands... drive to Aarhus, Denmark and pick me up. Then we drive on to Copenhagen (and drink a beer), then driving over the Øresundsbroen and then keep driving till we reach our destination ;)

vincentgivell
06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
sounds awesome! I know for sure i will be there and my brother, avkall, vincentgivell.

Ipwnfour
06-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Just take your car from The Nederlands... drive to Aarhus, Denmark and pick me up. Then we drive on to Copenhagen (and drink a beer), then driving over the Øresundsbroen and then keep driving till we reach our destination ;)

That idea is awesome! :D

FuriouS-BarteS
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
ehh... i cant be :( next time let us know faster ;p

C.R.E.A.M88
06-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm comin to visit, C.R.E.A.M88 is the name :)

fergzapater
06-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Is this a joke or are you serious?

You wanna give tickets for your WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP away to players who are randomly at the dreamhack? What is the point of this? If 10, 20 or 50 bad players are there, a few of them will go home with tickets for a World Championship? You have to do Online-Qualifiers for the Real-Qualifiers, not just invite anyone who is there.

In my opinion a World Championship should be played by the best players of the world - not by the guys who are at random on your events. This is just ******ed and has nothing to do with eSport ;-)

+1

avkall
06-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Save me à slot I Will be there :) Is that swedish time?

bluebird503
06-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Plenty of the best e-sports have open qualifiers. I don't see what the issue is.

Magic ... the pro tour qualifiers, anyone can enter. To qualify to represent your contry at the world magic cup... anyone can enter.

MLG Events.. Open qualifiers or open tournaments .. at the event.

Dota 2 is mostly invite only, I will give you that, but there are a few open tournaments , that's how new teams "break into scene".

Starcraft is a lot of invite and a lot of open tournaments, really depends. A lot of the korean tournaments are extremely limited on how you enter/qualify, for instance kespa proleague you need to be on a team :P, but that's just how it is. Gom Starleague is kind of open, but you need to be a foreigner or high on the ladder to enter the qualifiers. WCS is mixed iirc.

League of Legends, is basically a mix, invite only and open. Their premier league was basically extremely open, you needed to do well on team ladder iirc.

The games with invite only qualifiers are the games with established competitive scenes, with plenty of tournaments for those at all levels of play which this game clearly doesn't have. This game needs open tournaments right now, it has no established tournament scene, and a very limited established competitive scene.

If your issue is that the locations for live qualification are pretty limited so far (considering their worldwide audience), and they haven't announced any other ways for others to qualify yet, then I agree!

Magusofzeal
06-14-2013, 10:28 AM
A more detailed list of rewards whould be added here in the next few hours... But don't worry, there will be plenty for everyone!

Man, these hours are so long.

Bazaltovy
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Don't you guys want to go a lil' bit around and visit Lodz, Poland in the meantime? :) Then we can drive though Lithuania, Estonia and so on, circle the Baltic Sea and reach the destination ^^

trupiciel
06-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Don't you guys want to go a lil' bit around and visit Lodz, Poland in the meantime? :) Then we can drive though Lithuania, Estonia and so on, circle the Baltic Sea and reach the destination ^^

Don't forget to drop in to Gdańsk and take me with you! We can take a ferry to Sweden from here!

Aza404
06-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi guys,

You can now follow the different brackets on Battlefy: http://bit.ly/13KYO50

I've also updated the list of prizes to give you an idea of what you can win... don't forget the Online Tournament prizes will be quite a bit bigger ;)

Best,
Aza

PS: if you come by the booth today you can pick up a poster for free just by saying Aza404 :D

Magusofzeal
06-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi guys,

You can now follow the different brackets on Battlefy: http://bit.ly/13KYO50

I've also updated the list of prizes to give you an idea of what you can win... don't forget the Online Tournament prizes will be quite a bit bigger ;)

Best,
Aza

PS: if you come by the booth today you can pick up a poster for free just by saying Aza404 :D

These prizes are quite alright! Seems you're doing this thing right where other digital card games falter, namely giving out real prizes for your tournament. I hope you can keep up in this effort, and in the meanwhile patch up the flaws that are still there, and there may actually be a game I can recommend to my friends.

Aza404
06-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi guys,

I'll be streaming the replays of yesterday's semi-finals and finals on the official Duel of Champions channel: http://fr.twitch.tv/duelofchampions (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffr.twitch.tv%2Fduelofchampion s&h=SAQEmQ9yu&s=1)

This will start today at 3pm UK time and will last until we've found out who's the first player to win a ticket for the Road to Paris!

Don't miss out ;)

deatrick42
06-17-2013, 11:18 PM
http://bit.ly/13KYO50

Brackets here not seem complete to anyone else?

Kommutierung
06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
damn, wish would have been at the dreamhack. guess this would have been the easiest way (after watching the finals i am quite sure...) to get a ticket for paris :(
system to find the 8 finalists seems to be as fair as the swiss break points, hope there is a live event near where i am...

palandiell
06-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Hello!

The live event turned out really positive, even though I got knocked out in the Ro8. I look forward to other events and will check back regularly to keep up to date with any new information.
Will there be other casts scheduled in the near future? I found the official twitch channel, so will tune in whenever anything happens. Hopefully, the booths will be more equipped to follow the matches played in the future. (The TV's only showed the brackets) But I am aware that we cannot have everything.

While there are tournaments in the client, I was wondering if any other tournament formats will be set up in the future? Along with a replay / spectator mode, this will benefit the game greatly I'm sure. Ps: Will the event in Paris later this year be invite only? And will it be possible to attend?

A big thanks to the teams working behind the scenes - and for attending DH.

Palandiell / Nintao