PDA

View Full Version : The Pirate's Life In Assassin's Creed 4:Black Flag- Game infirmer

ArabianFrost
06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
New Article":

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/10/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag.aspx

New points:

We have a pirate hideout
Eagle vision is back
Bar fights are a social stealth mechanic that enable you to reach your target without notice(they aren't really proven to be social stealth mechanic. I just want to believe so. Me sorry)
Mountains

TheHumanTowel
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
So the calling on the Brotherhood is gone? Good imo. I much preferred the idea of playing as a lone assassin anyway and it is a bit overpowered in some cases. Recruiting will probably still be present in some way like with the crew of your ship or something.

Kit572
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
So the calling on the Brotherhood is gone? Good imo. I much preferred the idea of playing as a lone assassin anyway and it is a bit overpowered in some cases. Recruiting will probably still be present in some way like with the crew of your ship or something.

While I'll miss using the "Call Recruits" option for strategic reasons, I can't help but agree with you as I always prefer to work alone in video-games.

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Bar fights are a social stealth mechanic that enable you to reach your target without notice

This might be the stupidest thing I've heard so far.

silvermercy
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
It actually makes sense though I think... It's a diversion tactic.

Farlander1991
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
It actually makes sense though I think... It's a diversion tactic.

Yeah, I guess it's like, 'think riots, but in bars'

ArabianFrost
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM

I made up the whole thing about it being a proven stealth mechanic. However, it can certainly provide you with diversion so you can reach your target sort of unnoticed.

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I guess it's like, 'think riots, but in bars'

The riots never made sense either. It never diverted attention from Connor, he got sucked into the fight even when I was trying to act casual. How is it a diversion tactic to start a commotion and draw attention to yourself?

ArabianFrost
06-11-2013, 03:24 PM
The riots never made sense either. It never diverted attention from Connor, he got sucked into the fight even when I was trying to act casual. How is it a diversion tactic to start a commotion and draw attention to yourself?

You draw attention to the other guys fighting in the bar not yourself.

ProletariatPleb
06-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I guess it's like the CGI, ask one of your buddies to start a fight, everyone is fighting nobody notices hooded guy casually walking around...typical pirate barfight scenario.

Farlander1991
06-11-2013, 03:28 PM

Well, you don't start the commotion, others do and the attention is drawn to them (I guess like in the cinematic trailer, though Edward kind of blows it a bit in the end).

And I used riots a lot in AC3 when researching how all the abilities work exactly (because it's not like you have a reason to do that in any of the missions...) I could get up to 5 hidden blade low-profile kills before getting into a fight (though most of the times entered battle mode at, like, 3), I could get 2 low profile kills with the 'going in, kill, walk away' style (though it's better not to risk more than one if you want to do that), and if the assassins that start the riot get into a fight, I wasn't actually entering battle mode.

So... I personally don't see any problem with bar fights as a diversion tactic to kill a certain target.

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Well, you don't start the commotion, others do and the attention is drawn to them (I guess like in the cinematic trailer, though Edward kind of blows it a bit in the end).

And I used riots a lot in AC3 when researching how all the abilities work exactly (because it's not like you have a reason to do that in any of the missions...) I could get up to 5 hidden blade low-profile kills before getting into a fight (though most of the times entered battle mode at, like, 3), I could get 2 low profile kills with the 'going in, kill, walk away' style (though it's better not to risk more than one if you want to do that), and if the assassins that start the riot get into a fight, I wasn't actually entering battle mode.

So... I personally don't see any problem with bar fights as a diversion tactic to kill a certain target.

That's technically how the riots were supposed to work, I imagine. I would walk up to a group and start a riot and the guards would be drawn to these people. Then somehow if I was even in the vicinity when the fighting started, the guards just assumed I was one of the rioters as well. Connor would automatically enter into battle mode even if I was trying to sneak my way past the rioters. If that's how bar fights are supposed to work, I can only expect the same problems. In the Ezio games, if I sent a group of mercenaries to fight guards, I could sneak through unless I joined in because the guards had no reason to suspect I was part of the group. Why can't riots work the same way?