PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay guys!!!!

AidenPixxel
06-11-2013, 03:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzdarWf6orA

roostersrule2
06-11-2013, 03:08 AM
I love you, I'll watch it live but I have it saved unless it gets taken down.

catkiller97
06-11-2013, 03:10 AM
its from official channel..

roostersrule2
06-11-2013, 03:12 AM
its from official channel..Ah I didn't even realise, anyway I'll just watch it from the conference anyway, not sure why haha.

prince162010
06-11-2013, 03:13 AM
oh my god that was what i'm waiting for :cool:

Legendz54
06-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Ok now im hyped.. is that a crouch option i see!!

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 03:18 AM
So where is the open assassination we were told about? There is active crouch at least and enemies seems to be alerted by birds. They did stick to their word about raiding ships. Expected some underwater gameplay. Meh, its alright. Not hyped. And to those idiots that say there is no tree running, **** you. Kenway has the same animations as Connor.

Bashilir
06-11-2013, 03:24 AM
So where is the open assassination we were told about? There is active crouch at least and enemies seems to be alerted by birds. They did stick to their word about raiding ships. Expected some underwater gameplay. Meh, its alright. Not hyped. And to those idiots that say there is no tree running, **** you. Kenway has the same animations as Connor.

I'm extremely glad he doesn't walk the same as Connor. You know, like they did with Altair and Ezio? Exact same walk, kill moves, run, climbing... It was like we were playing as Altair.

Jack-Reacher
06-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Pretty much 70% of AC3 copy paste

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 03:41 AM

Who cares? AC2's animations were 80% copy-paste from AC1.

The art direction looks great, loving the jungle. Shame it had to culminate in another predictably linear run-through-fire sequence. Would much have preferred to see the demo some journalists got to see behind closed doors.

Things that caught my eye:

-Edward actually does stuff in blend groups, like talking to the people and mimicking their movements.
-The camera was sometimes zoomed in really close to Edward as he walked, I hope that won't be in the final game.
-There were no Animus effects during blending. I really hope we can choose to turn them off this time.
-Edward can take his hood off at will (unless he does it automatically).
-It might have been a scripted moment, but it seems birds can hide in bushes and guards will be alerted if you send the birds flying. Then you have to quickly move into another spot before they investigate. That's actually really neat.
-Running assassinations still seem to be a bit hit-and-miss. The guy playing the demo at Sony's presentation tried to run-assassinate a guard and Edward just brushed past him and the guard totally ignored him. WTF?

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 03:46 AM
Kenway has the same animations as Connor.
Uhh No

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 03:47 AM
Nnnno

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 03:50 AM
Uhh No

Uhh yes. Look at the way he jumps through the trees and leaps across the poles as he's running through the fire. 100% Connor there.

Not blaming the devs, just saying.

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 03:51 AM
Uhh yes. Look at the way he jumps through the trees and leaps across the poles as he's running through the fire. 100% Connor there.
Yeah sure he jumps and leaps like Connor.....lets hold on to those and ignore that the walking, running and shooting are totally different...this is not directed at you

Megas_Doux
06-11-2013, 03:52 AM
I am not that hyped....GOOOD!!!!!!!!!

I like it!

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 03:53 AM

Not blaming the devs, just saying.

Apart from the fight animations and swinging across ships. The freerunning animations look really similar to Connor. Nothing really impressive about this demo. I'll wait for more. At least the jungle environment is better than Frontier. watch Dogs and MGSV stole the show.

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 03:55 AM
Yeah sure he jumps and leaps like Connor.....lets hold on to those and ignore that the walking, running and shooting are totally different...this is not directed at you

I really don't care about these small details. What is important is what was promised. Open style assassinations, huge open seamless world, open underwater and island exploration (not mission constraint), plus random events. We have to wait for more to see. For now, not hyped. Looking forward to other titles.

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Apart from the fight animations and swinging across ships.
and walking, and running and shooting.....

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 03:56 AM
I really don't care about these small details. What is important is what was promised. Open style assassinations, huge open seamless world, open underwater and island exploration (not mission constraint), plus random events.
Then don`t whine about the animations being "waaaa waaaa 100% exactly like Connor" if you don`t care

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Honestly I'm (slightly) more excited by this than last year's demo. AC3's demos never really did anything for me because I didn't care about the setting. The lush jungle environments and bustling pirate villages already seem much more interesting. If nothing else, the art direction looks more promising than AC3's.

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Then don`t whine about the animations being "waaaa waaaa 100% exactly like Connor" if you don`t care

I'm just pointing things out. I didn't say anything was wrong with the animations. I said they were similar.

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 03:58 AM
and walking, and running and shooting.....

shooting (fight animations) which I covered. walking, yes different. running. you are half right. when he slows down, it is similar to Connor.

Jack-Reacher
06-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Yeah I would be more hyped if it wasn't for MGSV. My point is there are too many other revolutionary games coming out to choose from and this just seems like a rehash of AC3 in a different enivorment. Which is fine in a way, to me AC3 hit puberty far too late in the game, I feel it never got to live up to its potential. Having said all that this game just doesnt seem worth the money, I think I would rather just replay AC3 and take my time with it, and maybe just skip this and get the next AC game.

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Honestly I'm (slightly) more excited by this than last year's demo. AC3's demos never really did anything for me because I didn't care about the setting. The lush jungle environments and bustling pirate villages already seem much more interesting. If nothing else, the art direction looks more promising than AC3's.
Exactly this demo wasnt really supposed to show MUCH..it was pretty clear...just a demonstration of the graphics and base mechanics...we actually saw nothing at all, no underwater exploration, no random events..nothing new that was announced (and we know how they like to show those off)

still more demos to come...

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 04:01 AM

I say ACIII had a more impressive demo but also a better hype. I think this is just the "all-out action" and "explosive" demo to capture the casual gamer. I can't wait for more showing exploration and environment.

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Yeah I would be more hyped if it wasn't for MGSV. My point is there are too many other revolutionary games coming out to choose from and this just seems like a rehash of AC3 in a different enivorment. Which is fine in a way, to me AC3 hit puberty far too late in the game, I feel it never got to live up to its potential. Having said all that this game just doesnt seem worth the money, I think I would rather just replay AC3 and take my time with it, and maybe just skip this and get the next AC game.

Is too early to tell. But I agree, MGSV was the best and it wasn't even an actual walkthrough which makes it that much more impressive.

Megas_Doux
06-11-2013, 04:06 AM
I wanna see La Habana!!!!

And please, background music!

prince162010
06-11-2013, 04:40 AM
he is similar to his son haytham when he is walking

TheOnlyEzio
06-11-2013, 06:24 AM
*fap fap fap fap fap*

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 06:28 AM
he is similar to his son haytham when he is walking

Which is fine, it's a lot better than Connor's weirdass shoulder-walk :p

pacmanate
06-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Anyone else not bothered by this demo? See how interactive the AI is with each other? Remind you of anything? (Hint, AC3's camp on the E3 demo last year). Is the AI really going to be that interactive and alive? Also why do boats now seem to handle like cars? They move way to fast.

TheDanteEX
06-11-2013, 07:11 AM
I hope the enemy AI is like this gameplay demo, which I doubt will be this smooth, as opposed to AC3's. It felt like the guards never reacted to your actions properly. You would kill somebody in front of them and they would go straight into hostile mode. Revelations had it right. If you kill somebody in front of them, they'll turn and gasp. If you land from a great height near them, you'll draw their attention. Goes the same for running past guards while escaping and free-running in their sight. When conquering the forts in AC3, guards would not even flinch at the sound of Connor dropping loudly on the ground right behind them. I just felt like I wasn't earning the stealthiness with the lackluster enemy awareness. Have you noticed that the enemies in AC3 pay no attention to you if you climb a building right in front of them? Perhaps it has something to do with the game's notoriety system, which is why I'm a little glad they're ditching it for Black Flag.

Amaral724
06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
weel, the music in the final 2 minutes is great :cool:

TheOnlyEzio
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Anyone else not bothered by this demo? See how interactive the AI is with each other? Remind you of anything? (Hint, AC3's camp on the E3 demo last year). Is the AI really going to be that interactive and alive? Also why do boats now seem to handle like cars? They move way to fast.

Yeah, what i thought about as well. I'm not getting my hopes up because i know i won't be as satisfied as i wish i was. I don't care i just wanna kill things and blow stuff up.. either way i'm not phased at all.

salman147
06-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Who cares? AC2's animations were 80% copy-paste from AC1.

The art direction looks great, loving the jungle. Shame it had to culminate in another predictably linear run-through-fire sequence. Would much have preferred to see the demo some journalists got to see behind closed doors.

Things that caught my eye:

-Edward actually does stuff in blend groups, like talking to the people and mimicking their movements.
-The camera was sometimes zoomed in really close to Edward as he walked, I hope that won't be in the final game.
-There were no Animus effects during blending. I really hope we can choose to turn them off this time.
-Edward can take his hood off at will (unless he does it automatically).
-It might have been a scripted moment, but it seems birds can hide in bushes and guards will be alerted if you send the birds flying. Then you have to quickly move into another spot before they investigate. That's actually really neat.
-Running assassinations still seem to be a bit hit-and-miss. The guy playing the demo at Sony's presentation tried to run-assassinate a guard and Edward just brushed past him and the guard totally ignored him. WTF?

That ''run through fire chase'' was not linear!If you look carefully there were other open paths,cos' it's completely seamless.It's 1717 when The golden age of piracy is about to end.So I suppose the enemies are raiding pirate ships and in the end piracy will definitely come to an end.Edward is naughtier than I expected.Who was that prisoner guy at the first anyway?

salman147
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM

Pre modern fictional Speed boats of The golden age of Piracy.

Farlander1991
06-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Also why do boats now seem to handle like cars? They move way to fast.

They move about the same as they do in AC3. Naval warfare has always been somewhat arcady.

montagemik
06-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Not bothered to be honest - E3 demos / trailers are often a closer representation of Cutscene quality than real Gameplay.

When it comes to AC - My signature holds the key . ;)

shobhit7777777
06-11-2013, 10:52 AM
The assassination and running kills are indeed hit/miss

This is a major problem with three....Connor just stands out with his blade in his hand instead of stabbing my intended prey...regardless of how close I am or whether I've locked on or not.

x___Luffy___x
06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
looks like we can toggle the hood up and down :D ...

and the animations are different from connor.

so far liking everything in the demo.

it was the pirate city in the demo . right ? looked awesome.:D

salman147
06-11-2013, 11:49 AM
GUYS!Read this article:http://www.egmnow.com/articles/previews/egm-preview-e3-2013-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

x___Luffy___x
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
GUYS!Read this article:http://www.egmnow.com/articles/previews/egm-preview-e3-2013-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

nice find...

nicely detailed preview

so viewpoints will also serve as a fast travel locations and we will be able to control forts.

Dosenwabe
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
I couldn't watch it all, cause I had to vomit when Edwards face was shown full in the beginning. Why did they have to ruin the Sony conference with that game?

roostersrule2
06-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I couldn't watch it all, cause I had to vomit when Edwards face was shown full in the beginning. Why did they have to ruin the Sony conference with that game?Are you AirPrince or AirHead?

Kit572
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Looks better than I expected. I already preordered, but still.

Loving that crouch option!