PDA

View Full Version : Vidic's death - a disappointment?

stingray110
06-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Was anyone else disappointed with Vidic's death? I was expecting something a little bit more cinematic and exciting, instead of him just simply dying by the apple...I thought it was a bit of an anticlimax which is the same as the finishing of Lucy's story as well in Revelations...

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes. But edit the title to be less spoiler-y, even though pretty much everyone knew it would happen before they played AC3.

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes..nuff said

Vidic and Cross

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Yes..nuff said

Vidic and Cross

Yeah, him too, but I only knew about Cross from the AC wiki, so I wasn't as hyped for a showdown between them.

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 10:17 PM
and Desmond

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah, him too, but I only knew about Cross from the AC wiki, so I wasn't as hyped for a showdown between them.
imagine me then reading all the comics building this on par rival to Desmond...

He can throw a gun at you

ProletariatPleb
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Cross was just 500% cliche.

Vidic's was....unsatisfying, let guard #945893658437658743 kill him meh...

stingray110
06-09-2013, 10:20 PM
imagine me then reading all the comics building this on par rival to Desmond...

He can throw a gun at you

Shhhh, that's a special Templar move that requires years of training.

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Shhhh, that's a special Templar move that requires years of training.
Well it sucks :|

Matknapers18
06-09-2013, 10:22 PM
I thought the ending in whole seemed rather rushed. Vidic who, was considered to be the main antagonist throughout every AC game was sort of just killed off pretty quickly. That was disapointing considering youv'e been hiding from him, and improving your skills just to defeat him every since escaping Abstergo.

itsamea-mario
06-09-2013, 10:23 PM
VERY BLOODY MUCH A DISAPOINTMENT!

seriously, oh yeah, desmonds been training to be an assassin, he'll totally assassinate vidic in some cool way, NOPE just walk in there and make some bozo shoot him, well bloody done...
And Cross, i was expecting some badass assassin fight, no, chase him down and stab him in the back.

An idea i think HumanTowel had was that Vidic along with some abstergo guys managed to get to the Homestead first, and we'd be in a more up to dat version of that area, sneaking our way through, taking out guards before we assassinated vidic, i liked that idea.

SixKeys
06-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Possibly the biggest disappointment in the entire game. All I've wanted from the beginning of the series was an epic showdown between Vidic and Desmond and they couldn't even give me that. I can't tell how disappointed I was when I thought I was going to be delivering the finishing blow and then... c**kblocked by cutscene.

dxsxhxcx
06-09-2013, 10:31 PM
IMO everything related to Desmond in AC3 was a disappointment

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 10:32 PM
IMO everything related to Desmond in AC3 was a disappointment

Aka the whole game then :p

TheDanteEX
06-09-2013, 10:36 PM
My problem with Vidic's death wasn't how quickly he was killed, because he's just a man after all, but with how easily it happened. Vidic was made out to be incredibly intelligent; the Templars always one step ahead of the Assassins. Even higher in numbers so to constantly have the advantage. But instead Desmond was able to simply walk into Abstergo's head facility and slaughter a significant amount of security and Cross. Vidic knows what the apple does. How could he or no other POE researcher not have considered the possibility of Desmond, well, using it? It's even more silly when Abstergo was supposedly able to plan Project Siren, which took a lot of prediction and intelligence to pull off.

Why no one was able to kill Desmond is beyond me considering he didn't use the apple until after the raid on the facility. It's not like they needed Desmond alive or anything. Unless maybe letting him stop the world was part of their plan all along since Desmond implied Abstergo likely already knew almost everything about the catastrophe. Sounds like the type of "twist" the series would pull. Though then the questions is raised as to why William was even captured and why the Templars were after the Temple's power sources. Nothing really seems to add up coherently.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 10:41 PM
An idea i think HumanTowel had was that Vidic along with some abstergo guys managed to get to the Homestead first, and we'd be in a more up to dat version of that area, sneaking our way through, taking out guards before we assassinated vidic, i liked that idea.

That... would have been amazing. Although I would still like to return to Abstergo at some point, even though the Abstergo mission we got was rubbish. Maybe we rescue William and kill Cross in a (better) Abstergo mission, but Vidic gets away, and the final scene plays out like in TheHumanTowel's idea.

stingray110
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
My problem with Vidic's death wasn't how quickly he was killed, because he's just a man after all, but with how easily it happened. Vidic was made out to be incredibly intelligent; the Templars always one step ahead of the Assassins. Even higher in numbers so to constantly have the advantage. But instead Desmond was able to simply walk into Abstergo's head facility and slaughter a significant amount of security and Cross. Vidic knows what the apple does. How could he or no other POE researcher not have considered the possibility of Desmond, well, using it? It's even more silly when Abstergo was supposedly able to plan Project Siren, which took a lot of prediction and intelligence to pull off.

Why no one was able to kill Desmond is beyond me considering he didn't use the apple until after the raid on the facility. It's not like they needed Desmond alive or anything. Unless maybe letting him stop the world was part of their plan all along since Desmond implied Abstergo likely already knew almost everything about the catastrophe. Sounds like the type of "twist" the series would pull. Though then the questions is raised as to why William was even captured and why the Templars were after the Temple's power sources. Nothing really seems to add up coherently.

This. They had countless oportunties to capture him wth modern technology but instead they decided to use sticks to try and hit him. The Desmond missions are beyond ridiciulous imo, the world's biggest company cannot capture one person, apparently, tranquiliser guns or any other logical technologies capable of incapacitating somone cannot be used. POOR UBISOFT, POOR.

twenty_glyphs
06-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe the modern-day story in AC3. Four games of buildup for an incredibly lazy, convenient ending to several plot points that made the Templars look like fools instead of the masterminds the series had presented them as.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Yes every death in Desmond's part of AC3 was disappointing, I don't know what happened but someone really ****ed up in the Desmond parts.

Kit572
06-10-2013, 05:34 AM
I was disappointed with both Vidic and Cross' death. I was hoping for a proper battle/fight with Cross, and as for Vidic, I wanted to personally shove a hidden blade down his throat instead of mind control a guard to shoot vidic for you.