PDA

View Full Version : How would you have ended AC III? *spoilers*

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Ignoring any event you dislike, choose how you would`v ended AC III. if all the votes do not represent what you like, choose the closest vote if it exists then expand on it by posting what you voted for and what you`d like to add..

lothario-da-be
06-09-2013, 08:36 PM
hmmm, i would have loved the eding if it would have emotions and more interesting dialogue. But how i would have ended it? No idea. i am pretty bad at making an end to a story.

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I would have kept the sequence the same, but changed some dialogue. There was no reason for Desmond to quickly rush everyone out and not have any goodbyes. Why did he have to do it that very second? They went for the whole family reunite thing, I expected something like "Tell mum I'm sorry" etc etc along with a small heart to heart with his dad and Rebecca and Shaun. He didn't even say anything to them! It lacked emotion, it could have worked alright if they just added stuff like that in.

lothario-da-be
06-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I would have kept the sequence the same, but changed some dialogue. There was no reason for Desmond to quickly rush everyone out and not have any goodbyes. Why did he have to do it that very second? They went for the whole family reunite thing, I expected something like "Tell mum I'm sorry" along with a small heart to heart with his dad. It lacked emotion, it could have worked alright if they just added stuff like that in.
I was first :p( with almost the same answer)

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Poll is up now

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM
I would have kept the sequence the same, but changed some dialogue. There was no reason for Desmond to quickly rush everyone out and not have any goodbyes. Why did he have to do it that very second? They went for the whole family reunite thing, I expected something like "Tell mum I'm sorry" along with a small heart to heart with his dad. It lacked emotion, it could have worked alright if they just added stuff like that in.

Pretty much this. It also would have helped if they had actually explained how exactly Desmond's death freed Juno and saved the world, instead of just "here, touch this, you'll die but save everyone else."

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Pretty much this. It also would have helped if they had actually explained how exactly Desmond's death freed Juno and saved the world, instead of just "here, touch this, you'll die but save everyone else."

Thats another thing I don't understand. If the first civ were trying to save the world and had all this failed advanced tech, how can Juno create some powerful aura around the whole world saving them from the Sun? One person could do that, but the whole first civ couldn't? Call BS

lothario-da-be
06-09-2013, 08:42 PM
None of the things above realy, maybe an alliance with the Templars, but apart from that? Nah

ProletariatPleb
06-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Desmond and Eve simply for ****s and giggles.

ArabianFrost
06-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Desmond and Eve simply for ****s and giggles.

According to M, EVE is William Miles. So basically, this means that Desmond will have sweet, incestuous, forced sex with his father. Imagine the horror :-|

SixKeys
06-09-2013, 09:32 PM
None of the above. I would have allowed Desmond to become the ultimate badass assassin he was supposed to be, have him kill Vidic in an epic mano y mano battle and single-handedly stop the satellite launch (not handwave it away like "oh, it would have failed anyway"). Whatever Clay did to him in ACR should have been a meaningful plotpoint, like Clay somehow transferred to Desmond the ability to foresee what would happen if Juno was released. Desmond would have realized that to save the world he had to sacrifice himself. He would have to enter through a gate (like Juno predicted), doing this would kill him physically and save the world, but by interacting with the gate his consciousness would be saved inside the Temple, similar to how Clay uploaded himself into the Animus. The Temple would act as some sort of gateway between dimensions so that Desmond's "spirit" would now be free to search for Eve, so that in the future when they were united, they would be able to pass through the gate together as predicted, spelling the end for Juno.

Something like that, anyway.

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 09:34 PM
None of the above. I would have allowed Desmond to become the ultimate badass assassin he was supposed to be, have him kill Vidic in an epic mano y mano battle and single-handedly stop the satellite launch (not handwave it away like "oh, it would have failed anyway"). Whatever Clay did to him in ACR should have been a meaningful plotpoint, like Clay somehow transferred to Desmond the ability to foresee what would happen if Juno was released. Desmond would have realized that to save the world he had to sacrifice himself. He would have to enter through a gate (like Juno predicted), doing this would kill him physically and save the world, but by interacting with the gate his consciousness would be saved inside the Temple, similar to how Clay uploaded himself into the Animus. The Temple would act as some sort of gateway between dimensions so that Desmond's "spirit" would now be free to search for Eve, so that in the future when they were united, they would be able to pass through the gate together as predicted, spelling the end for Juno.

Something like that, anyway.
A lot of the votes can be considered "close" to this post :|

I said vote for the closest one to your idea then expand on it by posting :|

Y U NO listen to what I say??

SixKeys
06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
A lot of the votes can be considered "close" to this post :|

I said vote for the closest one to your idea then expand on it by posting :|

Y U NO listen to what I say??

I did vote for "Desmond destroys Abstergo and saves the world alone", seemed to come the closest. I wouldn't actually want him to destroy Abstergo though, just kill Vidic and stop the satellite. The whole company is too huge for one man or even a bunch of assassins and there should be something left for the inevitable sequels.

shobhit7777777
06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Ignoring any event you dislike, choose how you would`v ended AC III. if all the votes do not represent what you like, choose the closest vote if it exists then expand on it by posting what you voted for and what you`d like to add..

And here I thought this was about Connor's story

You disappoint me M

and I voted 'As is'...cuz Desmond dies

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I did vote for "Desmond destroys Abstergo and saves the world alone", seemed to come the closest. I wouldn't actually want him to destroy Abstergo though, just kill Vidic and stop the satellite. The whole company is too huge for one man or even a bunch of assassins and there should be something left for the inevitable sequels.
Why didn't you say you voted, then?? Y U NO LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY?? D:

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 09:46 PM
And here I thought this was about Connor's story

You disappoint me M

and I voted 'As is'...cuz Desmond dies
Ah well, I thought most were fine with Connor`s ending, might as well make a thread for something most people weren't fine with...

stingray110
06-09-2013, 09:55 PM
As a giant orgy in which the apple rapes everybody as revenge...

ACfan443
06-09-2013, 09:57 PM
The closest option to what I would've liked is "Desmond destroys Abstergo and saves the world alone", however I would change it to "Desmond and co destroy Abstergo, find eve and then save the world". The battle against Abstergo is a central and vital arc in the series, just before the ending, a sequence playing out the downfall of Abstergo, with Desmond killing off Rickin after infiltrating the HQ would be great, followed by the eradication of their plans to launch the satellite.

To expand on that, in the actual ending I would have the pedestal disco ball bull**** completely scrapped. Lucy clearly told Desmond in ACB that they had to find the temples before the 21st, so something like retrieving POEs or keys of some sort from said temples, and bringing them back to the grand temple to activate the field (in addition to Desmond's and Eve's DNA) would be a more in depth concept imo (just an idea, there's many other possibilities). And during this, some lengthy, emotion evoking cutscenes, epic cinematic sequences showing the globe as the field takes hold, the sun ejecting the flare, the earth shaking in resistance, screaming and chaos, and then everything calmly settling down followed by Desmond dropping to the floor. The team then rush over to him and he utters his final words before passing. (I don't mind that he died, the events were just carried out so badly that it left much to be desired).

There's complete silence as the team's looking over his corpse in grievance, but then the temple starts rumbling and begins to collapse, they grab his body and run out. The credits start rolling and it cuts to an epilogue where his funeral is taking place, a little more emotional tear jerking stuff from his family before the scene ends. And that would be the final scene. No Juno awakening crap, she can die along with the temple for all I care.

And that's my take on the ending. There's far better concepts I know, but anything's better than that poorly executed, sorry excuse for an ending in AC3.

SixKeys
06-09-2013, 10:02 PM
So at least we're all in agreement that Desmond needs to die, lol.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 10:45 PM
So at least we're all in agreement that Desmond needs to die, lol.

Pretty much. I would have liked to see him do... y'know... maybe ONE cool thing before he kicked off, but whatever. I was getting sick of him.

stingray110
06-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Pretty much. I would have liked to see him do... y'know... maybe ONE cool thing before he kicked off, but whatever. I was getting sick of him.

I am so glad he is dead becuase i don't have to listen to his moody opinions and boring dialogue. I would rather Connor over him and that's saying something...

ArabianFrost
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM

Not mentally or spiritually though. Many things were revealed to him in secret during using the Animus. We should at least get to know his more shrouded part of his life.

Wolfmeister1010
06-09-2013, 11:34 PM
I've actually thought about this. Mainly, I wish that the goodbye part was more cinematic, and I wish he would have said SOMETHING to Shaun and Rebecca. But, after touching the first civ artifact, then my master plan comes into motion!!! You know how Lucy died as Desmond was holding the apple, a civ artifact, well ,aybe, since she died while in contact with the artifact and with Juno, she was sent into a sort of limbo kinda like 16. Then, since Desmond died touching an artifact as well, maybe he would also go into the same limbo, where he would meet Lucy. They would talk about thugs, catch up, and maybe even fight. We would be able to see a part of their relationship that we have never seen since she died before her secret was revealed. It would be cool to meet a much darker, Templar Lucy. Mainly, this whole idea is because I feel they really rushed and messed up the Lucy storyline. After brotherhood, her story was basically dropped. And it doesn't even explain how everyone found out that Lucy was a traitor. Everyone in ac3 just suddenly knows for some reason. I presume that Desmond found out during the ACR dlc, but the least they could have done would have been to have some dramatic moment where Desmond told everyone that.

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Batman comes in and saves the day, then after destroying everyone (except Desmond, Shaun etc.) he gives the batsuit to Desmond and Desmond becomes the new Batman. Anyway I thought we were going to get given a choice which at the time I thought would have been cool, but with everything in AC it would have been poorly implemented so I think where Desmond saves the world then an ending then he destroys Abstergo and dies taking down the satellite.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Voted for Dez getting some forced puntang. I just struggle to comprehend how they thought that ending was good it lacked all the neccesary emotions for a good ending.
Would have thought they would at least tried to make us like Desmond and the modern day arc.
This is not neccesary I know but had to get it of my chest.

Because I feel like Corey May took a dump on it.

warner4692
06-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Just off the top of my head, there are two ways.

A) The game's plot goes as is, up until the ending. At the point where William says, "[...]find another way[...]" and Desmond insists there isn't time, I'd rather William have shoved past Desmond and touched the orb himself. It would've been more emotional that way, as William is an old, battle hardened man who has just reunited with his son, and doesn't want to see him die. By that point, he has pretty much nothing to live for, anyway.

B) Instead of plot wandering by collecting power sources, using the map Lucy provided the Assassins with (according to Shaun in ACII), I'd have had the missions focused on retrieving them. With the Abstergo mission focused on getting one back from them, rather than William being kidnapped. From there, the game can either end with William releasing Juno and the others fleeing... or it could end with Desmond killing Juno after she's released, putting an end to the whole First Civilization plot and allowing the focus from there to go back to Assassins VS. Templars, or move on to something else.

In either scenario, as far as Lucy goes, having her captured by Abstergo back in ACB during the sequences she disappears in and being replaced by a Templar Decoy would work better. That way - assuming Ubisoft were to include a proper mission into Abstergo, which would involve stealth and infiltration, rather than just storming in - she could be found and rescued during that mission. It would make for a far better plot twist than, "SHE'S SECRETLY A TEMPLAR, DUDES! I SAW IT IN MY HEAD!" And, given that Juno turns out to be evil (which is still stupid, but explaining how that would be changed would take a lot more), it would make sense that she would lie to Desmond.

And those are just a few ways.

Either way, Desmond can either continue, or - if Ubisoft really insisted on taking the focus off of him (instead of just simply giving him better content) - he's still there for future reference and at the very least, appearances.

Although, once upon a time, I thought Ubisoft would play it straight with AC. They'd simply make the games, and when it was over, it was over. I guess the closest I can get in the poll is the happily ever after scenario.

Farlander1991
06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
As it concerns the current plot of AC3 and the whole thing... I don't mind it as a concept, and I don't mind everything that had happened, just feel that it all should've been fleshed out better for it to properly work.

However, if the story of the AC trilogy was up to me, I'd remove the solar flare plot altogether (maybe move it to 'post-AC3' games, just give hints there and there of its possibility), focus the plot on Assassins vs Templars only. The final game would be about trying to race Abstergo in getting the artifacts (the locations of which they found via Altair's map in AC1), to stop the satellite launch.

Also, Desmond would have never been cured of the Bleeding Effect and would just get totally messed up.

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:03 PM
As a giant orgy in which the apple rapes everybody as revenge...
My idea sucks compared to this. Why didn't I think of that?!

avk111
06-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Well I was rather looking at the possibility that:

1- A new group emerges that combines idealogy of both factions. there is a fun sense into it however in terms of the the main Tile "Assassins Creed" there would be inconsistency.

2- Assassins are still the main protagonists, however a new group emerges that has high dedication to Juno and wishes to decimate the assassins and the templars, making them unite in power for a short term.

3- I was hoping that the three assassins are somehow brought back from the dead and they fight alongside desmond, though this may not make any sense in terms of the universe we play with but still makes a frenzy idea.

Overall , I think Ubi made a good job with the plot of Desmond but should have resripted it better.

Hans684
06-10-2013, 04:18 PM
As it is. Most of the stuff here is happy ever after, something this series is not strongly focusing on and thats one of the reasons i like the series. Thay take risks, "ohh look a happy ending. Are they going to have some tea & cockies to with *insert favorite singer* singing at a castle in the skyes too make it more beautiful and happy. So nice my favorites survived the journey. How original."
Sounds fun does it not. Sounds more like happy ending carton story for kinds. I would rether have a silent antagonist in space with nothing to do.

I-Like-Pie45
06-10-2013, 05:03 PM
It turns out that something has gone wrong and Desmond has broken past the fourth wall, entering the fifth wall. He now discovers he has limited control over reality through the one of the pieces of existence, the Fapple. With this power, he finds out that he was a video game character and becomes pissed finding out that his entire life was manipulated by a paid nerd on a computer. Following his revelation, Desmond uses the Fapple and his new Fapple powers to straight out massacre our world for our part in his demise, sparing Yves due to a last minute bribe and sparing Patrice because Patrice is so down on his luck death would be mercy. From there on out, he starts to rebuild reality the way he wants it to be...

This ending leads to ACV: The Tyranny of King Desmond.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2013, 07:34 PM
It turns out that something has gone wrong and Desmond has broken past the fourth wall, entering the fifth wall. He now discovers he has limited control over reality through the one of the pieces of existence, the Fapple. With this power, he finds out that he was a video game character and becomes pissed finding out that his entire life was manipulated by a paid nerd on a computer. Following his revelation, Desmond uses the Fapple and his new Fapple powers to straight out massacre our world for our part in his demise, sparing Yves due to a last minute bribe and sparing Patrice because Patrice is so down on his luck death would be mercy. From there on out, he starts to rebuild reality the way he wants it to be...

This ending leads to ACV: The Tyranny of King Desmond.

Cliché and generic in every way.