PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs vs GTA V.Which is better in what ways?(From info so far)

salman147
06-08-2013, 04:19 PM
My thoughts are:
Watch Dogs has better combat,better vehicle physics,more realism(thats what devs r trying to achieve most),better animations and more action.
GTA V has better graphics,more fun,WAY bigger,larger,more expanse and with BILLIONS of things to do.

Watch_Chica
06-08-2013, 05:13 PM
This is such a naive poll.

GTA V and Watch Dogs only really share common ground in being open world, including guns and cars.

Watch Dogs hasn't even hit alpha stage according to the devs as well.

Not much point in me voting.

pacmanate
06-08-2013, 09:09 PM
GTAV has better graphics whattttttt!? GTAV is current gen, Watch_Dogs is next gen footage.

roostersrule2
06-08-2013, 10:33 PM
There is no way Watch Dogs has better vehicle physics and worse graphics then GTA V. GTA V will be the better game but that's not to say Watch Dogs wont compete.

Dymez_510
06-09-2013, 06:59 AM
As far as which game is better overall, I have no idea. That's a judgement that's definitely on an "after you play both" basis. Given history, I would give the "most likely" edge to, the rooted, Grand Theft Auto series.

From information that has been given about both games over the past year, I believe GTA V will have better armed combat; Max Payne 3's combat alone was amazing, and Rockstar is taking the highlights from all of their games of this past generation and incorporating them all into GTA V. Unarmed combat, would go to Watch Dogs. Just off of that second demo release alone, running up that wall and gate and jumping on that dude, the way he smashed his face in with that stick? Even the way he smashed out Clint Fallon in the debut trailer -- So good!

Graphics definitely go to Watch Dogs; I'm not even sure if that's really debatable, it's on the next generation of consoles (maybe the PS360 version of Watch Dogs will be comparable to GTA V, however).

Driving physics definitely go to GTA V; from the last demo Ubisoft shown, Watch Dogs' driving looks almost equivalent to an RC car.

Realism; that may have to go to GTA V. There's some very unrealistic hacking going on in Watch Dogs, but bank robberies and jewel heists are committed just about every day. Hell, not too long ago, a couple of guys robbed 2 banks within a mile of each other on the same day up in Northern California. Plus, how, if you're playing with Michael (the old guy) and you're running, he'll run slower, he'll get tired quickly, and he'll even mutter to himself that he wishes he was young and in shape like Franklin (the youngest of the trio); when playing with Franklin, he's faster and runs longer; they even all walk differently.

The map size goes to GTA V, definitely. But for me, it's not how big the world is, it's happens within the world. Now, I think GTA V's world is going to be amazing; they say how they're bringing in Red Dead Redemption style random encounters in the game (which was great) and territory specific reactions from pedestrians; all that stuff is cool. But Watch Dogs has random encounters too, and there's something to say about Watch Dogs being on the next generation of consoles using that extra horsepower to create more random occurrences, more personalities, and just more people on screen at one time in general. I have a feeling that Watch Dogs' world will be a bit more lively than GTA V's.

Innovation; they're both very innovative games. This isn't your same ol' plug in and play GTA game anymore, with the 3 protagonists and how you use them. But, at the end of the day, the 3 protagonists may be the only real innovative thing that Rockstar has done with GTA V (not that it won't be fun). With Watch Dogs, I've never seen a game like this before, period. Top to bottom, this is fresh territory for any gamer, so for that, it goes to Watch Dogs.

When it comes to "things to do," so far, from what I've seen, that goes to GTA V. I mean, in GTA V, you can own businesses, buy safehouses, knock-off armored trucks, and participate in triathlons, see the wildlife/marine-life, and etc. Also, I believe with Watch Dogs, there will be 60 vehicles in this game; Rockstar already announced that this will be the biggest collection of vehicles in GTA history with GTA V, and GTA IV had 112 cars alone -- that's not counting motorcycles, boats, and helicopters -- that's why I give "things" to GTA V.

Animations definitely go to Watch Dogs. Those guys even motion captured walking with your hands in your pocket.

Action is a tough one to judge, really. If I was to go by the trailer/demo vids, then I'd give it to GTA V. They had Trevor on top of a train, trains colliding, a couple of bank vault explosions, blowing the doors off of an armored truck, after ramming the armored truck with a commercial truck, and a few more things. All I've seen in Watch Dogs so far that was somewhat action, was the slow motion wrecks from police cars crashing into remote barriers. But, I'm sure there's more action to it than just that.

Story; now this is the most important thing to me when it comes to games. Watch Dogs' plot summary is still tremendously cloudy. So far, all I've gotten was: there's this guy, and something bad was done to his family, so now he's going to protect them. I don't know what happened, or how, or what family member was affected, or anything. The story sounds kind of basic. GTA V's story is a bit more clear, but still there's a lot left for interpretation. Basically, being 3 guys (2 with a history together as bank robbers); one a "GTA character that won;" another a crazy drug addicted, wild guy, that may or may not be mentally challenged; the other, a South Central Los Angeles-style gang member that inspires to be more than just a common street thug. And among these 3 gentlemen, one of them is the antagonist, but you'll have to play to find out just who. That sinks me in already.

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 08:18 AM
As far as which game is better overall, I have no idea. That's a judgement that's definitely on an "after you play both" basis. Given history, I would give the "most likely" edge to, the rooted, Grand Theft Auto series.

From information that has been given about both games over the past year, I believe GTA V will have better armed combat; Max Payne 3's combat alone was amazing, and Rockstar is taking the highlights from all of their games of this past generation and incorporating them all into GTA V. Unarmed combat, would go to Watch Dogs. Just off of that second demo release alone, running up that wall and gate and jumping on that dude, the way he smashed his face in with that stick? Even the way he smashed out Clint Fallon in the debut trailer -- So good!

Graphics definitely go to Watch Dogs; I'm not even sure if that's really debatable, it's on the next generation of consoles (maybe the PS360 version of Watch Dogs will be comparable to GTA V, however).

Driving physics definitely go to GTA V; from the last demo Ubisoft shown, Watch Dogs' driving looks almost equivalent to an RC car.

Realism; that may have to go to GTA V. There's some very unrealistic hacking going on in Watch Dogs, but bank robberies and jewel heists are committed just about every day. Hell, not too long ago, a couple of guys robbed 2 banks within a mile of each other on the same day up in Northern California. Plus, how, if you're playing with Michael (the old guy) and you're running, he'll run slower, he'll get tired quickly, and he'll even mutter to himself that he wishes he was young and in shape like Franklin (the youngest of the trio); when playing with Franklin, he's faster and runs longer; they even all walk differently.

The map size goes to GTA V, definitely. But for me, it's not how big the world is, it's happens within the world. Now, I think GTA V's world is going to be amazing; they say how they're bringing in Red Dead Redemption style random encounters in the game (which was great) and territory specific reactions from pedestrians; all that stuff is cool. But Watch Dogs has random encounters too, and there's something to say about Watch Dogs being on the next generation of consoles using that extra horsepower to create more random occurrences, more personalities, and just more people on screen at one time in general. I have a feeling that Watch Dogs' world will be a bit more lively than GTA V's.

Innovation; they're both very innovative games. This isn't your same ol' plug in and play GTA game anymore, with the 3 protagonists and how you use them. But, at the end of the day, the 3 protagonists may be the only real innovative thing that Rockstar has done with GTA V (not that it won't be fun). With Watch Dogs, I've never seen a game like this before, period. Top to bottom, this is fresh territory for any gamer, so for that, it goes to Watch Dogs.

When it comes to "things to do," so far, from what I've seen, that goes to GTA V. I mean, in GTA V, you can own businesses, buy safehouses, knock-off armored trucks, and participate in triathlons, see the wildlife/marine-life, and etc. Also, I believe with Watch Dogs, there will be 60 vehicles in this game; Rockstar already announced that this will be the biggest collection of vehicles in GTA history with GTA V, and GTA IV had 112 cars alone -- that's not counting motorcycles, boats, and helicopters -- that's why I give "things" to GTA V.

Animations definitely go to Watch Dogs. Those guys even motion captured walking with your hands in your pocket.

Action is a tough one to judge, really. If I was to go by the trailer/demo vids, then I'd give it to GTA V. They had Trevor on top of a train, trains colliding, a couple of bank vault explosions, blowing the doors off of an armored truck, after ramming the armored truck with a commercial truck, and a few more things. All I've seen in Watch Dogs so far that was somewhat action, was the slow motion wrecks from police cars crashing into remote barriers. But, I'm sure there's more action to it than just that.

Story; now this is the most important thing to me when it comes to games. Watch Dogs' plot summary is still tremendously cloudy. So far, all I've gotten was: there's this guy, and something bad was done to his family, so now he's going to protect them. I don't know what happened, or how, or what family member was affected, or anything. The story sounds kind of basic. GTA V's story is a bit more clear, but still there's a lot left for interpretation. Basically, being 3 guys (2 with a history together as bank robbers); one a "GTA character that won;" another a crazy drug addicted, wild guy, that may or may not be mentally challenged; the other, a South Central Los Angeles-style gang member that inspires to be more than just a common street thug. And among these 3 gentlemen, one of them is the antagonist, but you'll have to play to find out just who. That sinks me in already.That's a decent post, sums up the majority of peoples views. However that last part about the antagonist in GTA V being one of the 3, is a misinterpretation if you got that info out of an article a few months back that said something like "you'll play as both the protagonist and the antagonist" that was supposed to mean that the 3 players Micheal, Trevor and Franklin are not so much protagonist or the antagonists, like an anti-hero.

Soulid_Snake
06-09-2013, 12:58 PM
There is no way Watch Dogs has better vehicle physics and worse graphics then GTA V. GTA V will be the better game but that's not to say Watch Dogs wont compete.

This geezer is right! Alot of Open World games can learn from GTA physics and handling, it's a testament to Rockstar, the vehicle control in GTAIV is very tight. I've gotta a feeling Watch_Dogs is gonna be quite minimalist compared to GTAV.

The only thing WD has got over GTAV is it's unique style of gameplay.

salman147
06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Watch Dogs' car physics is handled by Ubisoft Reflections(Who made the award winning Driver series.).The car physics may not be cool.But realistic like real life.Just so you know real cars can't make insane stunts and drifts like they do in GTA series.And devs are consulting and taking feedback from Kaspersky Lab workers to assist them in providing more info and guidance in hacking and security to make hacking realistic.Did you watch the Watch Dogs motion capture trailer.You'll see how incredible and realistic the animations are.

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Watch Dogs' car physics is handled by Ubisoft Reflections(Who made the award winning Driver series.).The car physics may not be cool.But realistic like real life.Just so you know real cars can't make insane stunts and drifts like they do in GTA series.And devs are consulting and taking feedback from Kaspersky Lab workers to assist them in providing more info and guidance in hacking and security to make hacking realistic.Did you watch the Watch Dogs motion capture trailer.You'll see how incredible and realistic the animations are.

Gameplay > Realism just remember that

Dymez_510
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
That's a decent post, sums up the majority of peoples views. However that last part about the antagonist in GTA V being one of the 3, is a misinterpretation if you got that info out of an article a few months back that said something like "you'll play as both the protagonist and the antagonist" that was supposed to mean that the 3 players Micheal, Trevor and Franklin are not so much protagonist or the antagonists, like an anti-hero.

Actually, the way I interpreted the quote from Dan Houser was; as the story progresses and you get to know all 3 character specific agendas, you will then learn towards the end that their individual plans truly aren't consent in unison, and that could lead to some sort of betrayal in the culmination of the story. Basically, a plot twist -- that's what intrigues me most. Every GTA character in the series was an anti-hero, so I don't see him using that as a selling point.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Actually, the way I interpreted the quote from Dan Houser was; as the story progresses and you get to know all 3 character specific agendas, you will then learn towards the end that their individual plans truly aren't consent in unison, and that could lead to some sort of betrayal in the culmination of the story. Basically, a plot twist -- that's what intrigues me most. Every GTA character in the series was an anti-hero, so I don't see him using that as a selling point.If this is the article you're referring too it means that all three characters are the protagonist and the antagonist. http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/gta_5_you_play_as_both_the_protagonist_and_the_ant agonist_says_rockstar.html

salman147
06-10-2013, 09:54 AM

Yeah.Well WD doesn't have bad gameplay at all.You can hack anything and play in infinite ways.This gives the game infinite replay value.And the game is also very realistic.Everything affects the environment.Even ur actions.I guess both games are better than each other in their own ways.

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah.Well WD doesn't have bad gameplay at all.You can hack anything and play in infinite ways.This gives the game infinite replay value.And the game is also very realistic.Everything affects the environment.Even ur actions.I guess both games are better than each other in their own ways.

Im talking specifically about driving. I dont want to have to worry about stupid things about cars all the time, I just want to drive one and drift and ****.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah.Well WD doesn't have bad gameplay at all.You can hack anything and play in infinite ways.This gives the game infinite replay value.And the game is also very realistic.Everything affects the environment.Even ur actions.I guess both games are better than each other in their own ways.There could be things about WD that you don't like though? Also GTA has some of the best replay-ability in any game, there is no other game where you can do basically nothing and still have so much fun.

dreww.3
06-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Watch dogs will be a great story on its own. It will be its own game, much different from gta. One is based on heists and the city of los santos and its surrounding hills, while the other is based on hacking to protect family etc. and the city of chicago.

Two distinct cities, two distinct stories, two very different games.

Me personally, GTA V is day one because i love the variety that los santos offers rather than just one city (liberty city). I also have so many fond memories of san andreas growing up..But watch dogs looks amazing as its own game and I will DEF pick it up for christmas for ps4.

Edit: the only similarity between the two is open world third person.

Promhtheas
06-30-2013, 08:34 PM
I pick gta5 but the answer is neither... lol
Ubisoft for a reason, is hiding the xbox 360 - ps3 and wii U version of the game. That creates frustration of pre-ordering the game. Nobody will buy a new console for this game, its not a console seller, so only those who pre-order the new consoles, may buy this game as well... The point is, how many consoles will be sold at release date and how many of them, will buy watchdogs with it.

For the rest, we expect metacritics... I have a bad feeling that UBI ditched the other versions, especially wii U, so everybody waits. Watchdogs is not THE game in graphics and wii U is confirmed of supporting all open gl 4 features.. But IGN states that is a horrible version. So everybody waits, if that confirmed, they did that deliberately, be able to promote ps4 and x1 as "next gen craps" (x1 is failed by default, no drm reversal will save them, news pop up about NSA monitoring gamers through Kinect) and many other bad things..

So I hope, if watchdogs is bad on wii U and makes bad sales on that platform, dont complain about it After e3, the games announced for all 3 platforms (Exclusives) and more specific for wii U, proved that platform have lots of potential and cheap ports from inferior hardwares, dont pass.

That also means, they push a huge number of gamers into a confusion and at the end, the game will be oversaturated, many stop talking about it.. GTA5 will have its time, sees what the competition offers and improve their weak parts...

But i never played GTA games... Thats why I say "neither", its not my style of game.. it looks boring. Only if they have RP elements can take my attention.. Mission focused in open worlds, makes me bored very easy.

(I saw splinter cell trailer on wii U and it looks really good) I believe it will make more sales than watchdogs on that platform... IGN prepared the crowds that watchdogs doesnt look good on wii U (360 and ps3), so everybody stop bothering with it.

Kagurra
07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
My thoughts are:
Watch Dogs has better combat,better vehicle physics,more realism(thats what devs r trying to achieve most),better animations and more action.
GTA V has better graphics,more fun,WAY bigger,larger,more expanse and with BILLIONS of things to do.

Have you seen any of the GTA5 videos..? The graphics are not better in any way, shape, or form. The world map is much larger though. "More fun" is an opinion, and I don't agree with the "More action" in Watch dogs. I don't think there are really any comparisons, just a silly poll. :/

amongthecreed
07-01-2013, 03:17 AM
In Watch_Dogs you hack stuff......'nuff said.

carl70
07-03-2013, 11:00 AM
its hard to tell both games are not the same as in watch dogs you need to use your brain more if your in a police chase you you need to use the city against t them its not like gta games are like you just shoot your way out of trouble with RPG and guns watch dogs is more of a spy type game so i am lloking forward to both games but i must say watch dogs is more of my type open world game

VaasCARV3R
07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
I smell the GTA vs WD war will begin very soon by reading what are some of the user's opinions here. :D

Guess who will win it?

There will be no winner because these two games have their good and bad sides, right?

Dome500
07-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I think the concept of Watch Dogs is much more promising and also totally my type of game.

The world looks amazing, the story seems solid and the interactions with the game world seem to be much better than GTA.

Although I would say you can barely compare them.

Of course, you can compare which one is the better open world game, but in the basic construct both games are too different to compare them.

roostersrule2
07-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Another thing is that GTA has a feel to it, I can't explain it but no other game has it.

carl70
07-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Another thing is that GTA has a feel to it, I can't explain it but no other game has it. yes i agree :cool: they say you can play tennis in GTA5 like golf in TBOGT the feel i get from all the GTA games is its an fantastic thugs game and you must reach the top like in GTA4 you start out as a low scum bag killer and then you get better and better with bigger safe house and suits :D

JBanton
07-04-2013, 07:27 PM
As much as I like Watch Dogs GTA V wins for me right now;

Around 200 vehicles
Car customisation
Helicopters
A large variety of weapons
A variety of terrains; concrete, desert, forests
A choice of protagonist to stick with (Franklin for me yo)
Racing

Got me hyped for V again

Dome500
07-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Can't agree with you all.

I was never a GTA fan.

That whole criminal aspect (which is in contrat to Watch Dogs not justified ( Vigilante, High Tech, Revenge (WD) <=> Criminal Atmosphere, Slums, etc. (GTA)) was never my thing.

salman147
07-07-2013, 05:58 PM
I think we should wait till the games come out and then continue this thread.

AC2_alex
07-07-2013, 06:33 PM

GTA V and Watch Dogs only really share common ground in being open world, including guns and cars.

Get off your high horse, missie. There are obvious similarities between the two games, but regardless, all the poll is asking is which will be better.

Personally, I think I will enjoy Watch Dogs more because it has a more intellectual basis. Also, I expect to be spending hours on end looking at everyone's profiles and hacking into their phones. The multiplayer element sounds really fun, too, where you trail another player and try to hack them, while keeping your guard up for others trying to hack you. It sounds a lot like AC's Wanted mode, and thats a good thing.

pacmanate
07-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I'd say GTA and Watch Dogs are similar. Both open world, 3rd person shooters.

Only difference with watch dogs is you can hack stuff.

But which ones better? That for me will be decided by gameplay, animations and AI (NOT graphics).

At the moment, Watch_Dogs looks more appealing. However we havent seen any GTA footage yet, and from Rockstars Q and A it seems like they are taking GTAV to a whole new level, yet that remains to be seen. I just hope in their upcoming demo they show the switching between the 3 characters

LobselvithBlack
07-07-2013, 11:48 PM
all I have to say is,

Watch Dogs you have choices,
you can be the "Good Guy", or you can be the "BAD guy" and it will effect the story and how NPC's see you in game.

GTA1-5 you are always the bad guy,
all the NPC's see you as the bad guy, and no matter how much you try to be good, or evil in any GTA game
it will not effect how NPC's see you, or effect the story in anyway.

don't get me wrong I love all the GTA games, but I always wanted to have the choice to be the good guy or bad guy, and now with Watch Dogs I have this choice!!

Watch_Chica
07-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Get off your high horse, missie. There are obvious similarities between the two games, but regardless, all the poll is asking is which will be better.

Personally, I think I will enjoy Watch Dogs more because it has a more intellectual basis. Also, I expect to be spending hours on end looking at everyone's profiles and hacking into their phones. The multiplayer element sounds really fun, too, where you trail another player and try to hack them, while keeping your guard up for others trying to hack you. It sounds a lot like AC's Wanted mode, and thats a good thing.

High horse? That's rich coming from, someone comparing a game with over thirty minutes of gameplay to a game with none, that's a perfect example of naivety if you ask me.

Sadly for Watch Dogs, it lost the battle against GTA V the day it was born, if the past is anything to go by;

GTA San Andreas
Best selling game of all-time for Playstation 2
Sold over 21 million copies (as of 2010)

GTA IV
Sold 3.6 million copies on its first day alone
25 million copies sold worldwide (as of 2012)

And GTA V, according to previews will have;
The content of IV
The fun stuff of SA (Jets, car customisation, underwater exploration)
New stuff on top of that (heists, more vehicles than ever, three protagonists in one story etc)

If the past is anything to go by, along with what the recent previews are suggesting, the consumer market will give GTA V a landslide victory; GTA is a household brand, there's almost no realistic way that Watch Dogs could defeat the already-proven GTA franchise on its first run.

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 11:25 AM
all I have to say is,

Watch Dogs you have choices,
you can be the "Good Guy", or you can be the "BAD guy" and it will effect the story and how NPC's see you in game.

GTA1-5 you are always the bad guy,
all the NPC's see you as the bad guy, and no matter how much you try to be good, or evil in any GTA game
it will not effect how NPC's see you, or effect the story in anyway.

don't get me wrong I love all the GTA games, but I always wanted to have the choice to be the good guy or bad guy, and now with Watch Dogs I have this choice!!

Get inFamous. It does the morality system better.

LobselvithBlack
07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Get inFamous. It does the morality system better.

We don't know that for sure till Watch Dogs comes out.

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
We don't know that for sure till Watch Dogs comes out.

lol I just realised that when I said that. But seriously, inFamous is good if you like that. You get a different storyline and powers. In watchdogs you dont get powers or a different storyline (that we know so far). All we know is civilians will react.

LobselvithBlack
07-08-2013, 12:59 PM
lol I just realised that when I said that. But seriously, inFamous is good if you like that. You get a different storyline and powers. In watchdogs you dont get powers or a different storyline (that we know so far). All we know is civilians will react.

that's not true,
for one picking good / bad choices affect both your story and Civilian reactions.

and you get more Hacking skills over time / powers,

but I do agree inFamous is a good game.

DubstepPenguin
07-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Story; now this is the most important thing to me when it comes to games. Watch Dogs' plot summary is still tremendously cloudy. So far, all I've gotten was: there's this guy, and something bad was done to his family, so now he's going to protect them. I don't know what happened, or how, or what family member was affected, or anything. The story sounds kind of basic. GTA V's story is a bit more clear, but still there's a lot left for interpretation. Basically, being 3 guys (2 with a history together as bank robbers); one a "GTA character that won;" another a crazy drug addicted, wild guy, that may or may not be mentally challenged; the other, a South Central Los Angeles-style gang member that inspires to be more than just a common street thug. And among these 3 gentlemen, one of them is the antagonist, but you'll have to play to find out just who. That sinks me in already.

^^^ Most legit post in this thread right here, closely followed by the most recent from Watch Cat.

AC2_alex
07-09-2013, 01:51 AM
High horse? That's rich coming from, someone comparing a game with over thirty minutes of gameplay to a game with none, that's a perfect example of naivety if you ask me.

Sadly for Watch Dogs, it lost the battle against GTA V the day it was born, if the past is anything to go by;

GTA San Andreas
Best selling game of all-time for Playstation 2
Sold over 21 million copies (as of 2010)

GTA IV
Sold 3.6 million copies on its first day alone
25 million copies sold worldwide (as of 2012)

And GTA V, according to previews will have;
The content of IV
The fun stuff of SA (Jets, car customisation, underwater exploration)
New stuff on top of that (heists, more vehicles than ever, three protagonists in one story etc)

If the past is anything to go by, along with what the recent previews are suggesting, the consumer market will give GTA V a landslide victory; GTA is a household brand, there's almost no realistic way that Watch Dogs could defeat the already-proven GTA franchise on its first run.

Sales figures don't have anything to do with it. The question is, GTA 5 or Watch dogs?

JBanton
07-09-2013, 11:53 AM
GTA V gameplay today.

pacmanate
07-09-2013, 05:00 PM
that's not true,
for one picking good / bad choices affect both your story and Civilian reactions.

and you get more Hacking skills over time / powers,

but I do agree inFamous is a good game.

You dont get a different storyline in watch dogs if you are good or bad, only civilians react to you different;y

You get more hacking skills over time, but they arent karma related.

JBanton
07-09-2013, 06:12 PM
GTA V for sure;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

EvilPixieGrrr
07-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Let's please remain civil and respectful, gang.

Thanks

salman147
07-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Let's please remain civil and respectful, gang.

Thanks

??????
What?

VaasCARV3R
07-12-2013, 10:26 AM
JBanton, yep, but GTA is already long established franchise.

Let's talk again on this when this happens too with Watch Dogs after some years.

JBanton
07-12-2013, 06:24 PM
JBanton, yep, but GTA is already long established franchise.

Let's talk again on this when this happens too with Watch Dogs after some years.

Sounds good :)

JamJar502
07-23-2013, 06:15 PM
In my opinion there needs to be a balance of the two to make a fun game. Dependent on the game, of course.

AC2_alex
07-24-2013, 04:04 AM
If Ubisoft claims that they will only make new IPs if they know it will be a long running franchise, then shouldn't the story and the characters of Watch Dogs be good? I hope so. I'm completely sold on WD except the story. I'm rather worried about it actually. What if it's lackluster?

salman147
07-24-2013, 03:09 PM
If Ubisoft claims that they will only make new IPs if they know it will be a long running franchise, then shouldn't the story and the characters of Watch Dogs be good? I hope so. I'm completely sold on WD except the story. I'm rather worried about it actually. What if it's lackluster?

I am too.Because Watch dogs devs said this:http://n4g.com/news/1313371/watch-dogs-director-people-dont-just-want-to-play-a-story-anymore
That means.....OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What they said was totally wrong.I mean look at The Last Of Us,Uncharted,Assassins Creed 2,Metal Gear Solid........etc.

Menphuess
07-24-2013, 10:53 PM

I agree, the only way gta and watch dogs share anything is open works and cars.... Everything else from there changes.

Same as the stupid cod and bf comparing... Only way they share stuff is guns... Cod is more counter strike, home front, etc anything that is gun basic nothing special and bf is more total warfare destruction with way more options to cover and totally different field and yet people compare, even though there is nothing to compare but and it's a big but bf is a better cleaner cut game in every way.

So asking to compare gta and watch dogs is wrong..

Gta is open workd steal cars run around kill people steal more cars kill more people, watch dogs us hack the planet covert or attack and coop it seems so yeah... Massively different.

FerociousBang
07-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Sorry, I disagree with you with the handling part. From what we have seen so far, GTA V definitely has better driving physics than Watch_Dogs. In fact, one of my few gripes with WD is the driving physics.

GTAV's vehicular customization can affect the handling itself too.

By the way, did no one else check out the gameplay on page #4?

EvilPixieGrrr
07-29-2013, 10:48 PM
??????
What?

There were some exchanges earlier in the thread that were starting down a road that didn't look good. I'm glad to see they stopped.

Rahsmoove18
08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
1. This poll was created before either game was out
2. This is a Ubisoft website, so watch dogs easily wins.
3. Watch dogs doesn't have better realism, cars, and physics or animations. The action is equal
4. No one knew nothing about either game.

Well since both games are out I choose GTA V.

OptimusPrimeTi
08-07-2014, 07:11 PM
GTA V is better because it was better developed

Druout1944
04-15-2015, 03:34 AM
For me I have to go by which one hooked me more; I found GTA Vs single player story inferior not only to GTA IV, but also to Watchdogs. I found Watchdogs' gameplay very addictive as well, much more than GTA V, I think Watchdogs world is much more gritty and believable which makes it more immersive for me. I also enjoy the fresh spin Ubisoft put on this kind of game with Watchdogs via the hacking. Once I got Watchdogs working smoothly, I couldn't put it down; this was not at all the case for GTA V; I tried firing it up again and couldn't be bothered to play more than 15 minutes I got so bored with it. The biggest hit against WD I would say is in the performance department; I still can't get SLI to work with this game and it's smoother if I leave SLI off; however the game still looks great. I'm sure the pc version of GTA V looks great in it's own way, but I prefer Chicago to the California setting myself. Overall I'm pretty blown away by how much fun WD is and I was utterly disappointed with GTA V's hardly innovative gameplay (in the GTA series) as well as sub-par single player writing.