PDA

View Full Version : What improvements would you want in Assassin's Creed Black Flag?

salman147
06-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I couldn't find a thread like this.So I made one.
Personally I'd want these things in AC IV BF:
1)Much more complex mission layout.
2)More assassination options.
3)More assassinations(like in AC2)
4)Advanced stealth options.
5)Tougher enemies and greater difficulty.(Connor was a one man army.That made stealth useless.)
6)Less linearity and more freedom.
7)Improved AI.
8)Dynamic combat.(I don't think they'll do this.They already said combat is like AC3 with more tools to use.)
9)More interesting and shocking storyline.(AC3 Story wasn't so interesting.)
10)Powerful and cool antagonists.Like Haytham.
11)I'd like quests and missions like Bar fights,rescue missions etc.

Ubisoft devs said this:
McDevitt: Because Assassin’s Creed’s melee combat has always tried to remain somewhat grounded and realistic, we have always dealt with the issue of ‘scaling’ the hero’s enemies; it’s just not possible to increase a human’s destructive power exponentially.(Couldn't they make enemies smarter?)
The Agile guards and the Brute guards remain human-sized, no matter what you do, so there is no good way to create a ‘boss’ character.(Someone like Rodrigo would do)
But with naval ships, the difference between a six-gun schooner and a 100-gun man-of-war is massive, and will provide players with incredible challenges.
For the first time in an AC game, there will be enemies you simply cannot defeat at the beginning of the game.

shobhit7777777
06-07-2013, 05:02 PM
AI

Sushiglutton
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I couldn't fingd a thread like this.So I made one.
5)Tougher enemies and greater difficulty.(Connor was a one man army.That made stealth useless.)
7)Improved AI.
8)Dynamic combat.(I don't think they'll do this.They already said combat is like AC3 with more tools to use.)

Awesome list :D! Evolve the core pillars and liberate the player so we can take full advantage of them!

pacmanate
06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Everything

flyin-bart
06-07-2013, 05:14 PM
better naval gameplay. AC3 naval felt way too arcade-ish. Im expecting a complete free roam on board the Jackdaw. Crew to do the steering unless you want to say in combat. I would like to see a nice navigation interface too, not just point to a place on the map and youre there in a flash.Dynamic weather engine when at sea and to take days game time to get to destinations......after all they are sailing ships not speed boats.

I-Like-Pie45
06-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Giant enemy crabs

Shahkulu101
06-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Re-playable forts and a vastly improved AI (non-telepathic)

ProletariatPleb
06-07-2013, 05:32 PM
AI
I fear we can apply that to............every game but yeah AC has the dumbest enemy AI I have ever seen.

shobhit7777777
06-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I fear we can apply that to............every game but yeah AC has the dumbest enemy AI I have ever seen.

Indeed

salman147
06-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Indeed

Not just dumb.Deaf too.

salman147
06-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Not just dumb.Deaf too.

Hans684
06-07-2013, 06:40 PM
7)Improved AI.

1) Time will tell.
2) The assassinations is going to be more like AC1.
3) It's at least going to be more then 9 assassination targets.
4) They are going to do more stealth but if it is like AC1 or more advanced i don't know.
5) That's more an option. There is harder enemies in ACB(papal gards), ACR(jenesaris) & AC3(Jaggers). However some people say they are to hard.
6) Linear = More story driven. Good or Bad? Freedom = The player can choose more. Good or Bad? The awnsers to those is always going to be based on options.
7) Its AC we are taking about so that's going to take some time.
8) I don't know anything about that...yet but guessing from the trailers the combat is more or less like AC3.
9) Option.

Hans684
06-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Awesome list :D! Evolve the core pillars and liberate the player so we can take full advantage of them!

Here are some cores of AC you have missed:

1. History. Well the golden age of piracy is a part of history. Naval battle is part of history to. Also the time period the games are sett in also detirmins the amount of stealt. That also makes pirates a part of AC since they are a part of history. Why can't Edward be a pirate and assassin. Pirate assassin? "History is our playground" ~ Ubisoft.

2. Animus. The one thing that makes it possible to get to dose time periods.

3. Modern Story. It gives everything a reason. Instead of just playing a lot of time periods without any connection at all with diffrent story. The modern story also drives the series. It's also the reason for the yearly releases. Unless you want to play a game about saving the world from going under in 2012 in 2016.

4. The assassin vs templar war. The assassins are always going to hunt the templars either they are on ships in the Carribean or the Vatican in Italy. No matter the time period.

5. The Creed. The Creed is always in all the games. They don't need to say "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" for it to make it an Assassin's Creed game. The same about stealth & action.
As an example Connor is the only ancestor of Desmond to not broken the creed. also just becouse the optional objectives tells you to go action paked, you don need to do it it's optional and is there for challenge and replay value.

pacmanate
06-07-2013, 06:50 PM

It shouldnt even be called AI, it should be called AAAAAAAAI

salman147
06-08-2013, 05:26 AM
I hope we get to battle against extra large fictional ships)ones with 100+ cannons.)Blowing them up after boarding them will be intense.
By the way what does this picture indicate:https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJAOyzqAqJkInzEhHkSqJ6-00QKynGUYlsm8nqYZJ3ICLHNqTy

titan3239
06-08-2013, 05:37 AM
This may sound weird, but no more 100% synch. Sometimes the mission just isn't very fluid, and yes I know they're optional. Also I want to feel like an assassin and not a warrior.

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 06:00 AM
1)Much more complex mission layout. Agreed...better Mission design in general

2)More assassination options. Agreed

3)More assassinations(like in AC2) AC III had a good amount of targets...about 12 I think...the number shouldn't be too low that`d it be non-existent and it shouldn't be high without being fun, i`d rather have 9 or 8 strong, nonlinear assassinations, than 14 with half being scripted and/or cinematic..

4)Advanced stealth options. We HAVE stealth options, just not the proper elements to implement those correctly..

5)Tougher enemies and greater difficulty.(Connor was a one man army.That made stealth useless.) All the Assassins were a one army, I fail to see how this is AC III exclusive, apart from that agreed

6)Less linearity and more freedom. Agreed

7)Improved AI. Agreed

8)Dynamic combat.(I don't think they'll do this.They already said combat is like AC3 with more tools to use.) AC3`s combat is a step in the right direction I think, it just needs the tough touch present in Sleeping Dogs and the Arkham games, I mean..if they`re gonna have combat influenced by a certain system, a great system no less, they should just do it exactly like the original

9)More interesting and shocking storyline.(AC3 Story wasn't so interesting.) Interesting, disagreed..I thought AC III`s story WAS pretty interesting with many layers...not just a single theme, but many themes that Imo the game did so well...if anything, one of the only 2 things AC III did well is story.. as for shocking..well..i`m not sure how you expect every game to keep shocking you over and over and even how you put "shock" as a standard to good story telling

10)Powerful and cool antagonists.Like Haytham. *resists urge to make a massive rant*

11)I'd like quests and missions like Bar fights,rescue missions etc. Kay
You`re lucky...i`m in a slightly good mood..that rant would`v been ugly...just know that I think bad things of point 10...BAD things

Ureh
06-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Based on my first playthrough, I think some of Haytham's dialogue is some of the best in the franchise. But a few also rank among the worst. Also his decision near the end went against all common sense. Last but not least the fight with him was abhorrent.

I'm sure things may change on my future playthroughs.

---
I agree with most of the op's points. But most notably, including various ways to approach and finish our target (or missions).

salman147
06-08-2013, 08:45 AM
This may sound weird, but no more 100% synch. Sometimes the mission just isn't very fluid, and yes I know they're optional. Also I want to feel like an assassin and not a warrior.
That's why I wanted them to cram up the difficulty and stealth.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Great list and very valid points - in particular Assassination options and complex mission structures.

salman147
06-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I hope we get to have the option to skip credits.(It was so annoying!)Or make it like AC2 where u get to play while credits roll.
And how does Connor survive a line of Musket shots?One/two shots are enough to kill him.

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 09:37 AM
And how does Connor survive a line of Musket shots?One/two shots are enough to kill him.
you`re asking questions that you already discussed and know the answer to...that`s an entire problem with the entire series...it`s literally impossible to die in ACB too..it`s a lack of faith in people playing and who can blame them?? Kiddies complain about how "difficult" 100% sync missions are and this idiot in Kotaku saying he did the Lee chase after a hundred or so times...personally I can`t blame Ubisoft for making the games easy as bricks...considering this fanbase

salman147
06-08-2013, 09:56 AM
you`re asking questions that you already discussed and know the answer to...that`s an entire problem with the entire series...it`s literally impossible to die in ACB too..it`s a lack of faith in people playing and who can blame them?? Kiddies complain about how "difficult" 100% sync missions are and this idiot in Kotaku saying he did the Lee chase after a hundred or so times...personally I can`t blame Ubisoft for making the games easy as bricks...considering this fanbase

Yes but why can't they add a difficulty option?Getting 100% sync. isn't difficult.They're just adding extra conditions.But can't they actually add a truly difficult mission?At least make it like AC2 which is comparatively more difficult than AC3.(At least that's what it seemed.)
And they said the game story is longer than AC2 by 20%,but I found it rather shorter.The only thing in main missions that was long was the cutscenes.Yeah,the cutscenes are really good,but many are useless ones.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2013, 10:18 AM
1)Much more complex mission layout. Ehh... Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, mission structure needs to be different than AC3, but on the other, it's already TOO structured. In AC1 (best assassination missions of the series) they pretty much just said "hey, your target's in there. Go nuts." In AC3, it's all "okay, to get to this target, go around this way, kill that guard there with this specific move, but don't kill anyone else..." and on and on. IMO, "structure" is the root of the problem.
2)More assassination options. How do you mean? In terms of moves, tools...?
3)More assassinations(like in AC2) This is confirmed
4)Advanced stealth options. Not necessarily, just fix the existing ones. If the detection system for the blowgun is as broken as that of the bow, I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief.
5)Tougher enemies and greater difficulty.(Connor was a one man army.That made stealth useless.) Agreed
6)Less linearity and more freedom. This x1000000000
7)Improved AI. This x 1000000000 as well
8)Dynamic combat.(I don't think they'll do this.They already said combat is like AC3 with more tools to use.) Could be cool, but not really necessary IMO
9)More interesting and shocking storyline.(AC3 Story wasn't so interesting.) The story was good at its core; the pacing and presentation were godawful.
10)Powerful and cool antagonists.Like Haytham. Haytham's not really an antagonist IMO, but I agree with what you're saying
11)I'd like quests and missions like Bar fights,rescue missions etc. Yep, and I think this is somewhat confirmed as the method by which you recruit crew members

Yeah

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Yes but why can't they add a difficulty option?Getting 100% sync. isn't difficult.They're just adding extra conditions.But can't they actually add a truly difficult mission?At least make it like AC2 which is comparatively more difficult than AC3.(At least that's what it seemed.)
And they said the game story is longer than AC2 by 20%,but I found it rather shorter.The only thing in main missions that was long was the cutscenes.Yeah,the cutscenes are really good,but many are useless ones.
A difficulty option for open world games is not a walk in the park, especially since it`s not a shooting game either...I know 100% isn't difficult..

Now you just don`t remember, how was AC II difficult?? NONE of the games were difficult, the only game that makes SOME effort to really be afraid of the guards was AC I....AC II had friggin medicine and armor..

AC III wasn't shorter than AC II, but it wasn't longer, either..although if you count some story side missions like the Homestead and Biddle`s hunt missions, you can have a longer than AC II game..maybe they originally wanted to have the Biddle missions as a part of the main story, but decided to make them side missions....maybe

LoyalACFan
06-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Now you just don`t remember, how was AC II difficult?? NONE of the games were difficult, the only game that makes SOME effort to really be afraid of the guards was AC I....AC II had friggin medicine and armor..

True, but the first four games at least had a tiny bit of a challenge in trying to find the best way to infiltrate restricted zones. Granted, it had been waning ever since AC1, but AC3 didn't have it at all, except for a few of the forts (and even at that, the stealth paths were really obvious). Maybe it was because of the setting and lack of infiltrate-able buildings, but AC3 never had us think about infiltration strategy, it just put a waypoint on the exact spot we needed to end up on. Couple that with the combat that's as easy as ever, and you've got the easiest game of the series.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 11:41 AM

Have you not heard M causals are ruling the Market ! Developers prefer to heed their voices rather than the dedicated hardcore gamer ! and it sucks big time !

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM
True, but the first four games at least had a tiny bit of a challenge in trying to find the best way to infiltrate restricted zones. Granted, it had been waning ever since AC1, but AC3 didn't have it at all, except for a few of the forts (and even at that, the stealth paths were really obvious). Maybe it was because of the setting and lack of infiltrate-able buildings, but AC3 never had us think about infiltration strategy, it just put a waypoint on the exact spot we needed to end up on. Couple that with the combat that's as easy as ever, and you've got the easiest game of the series.
But dont the forts count, though?? why are you dismissing them?? Stealth paths obvious...isn't it like that for every game?? at least now there`s a BIT more challenge in trying to dodge the psychic, but broken AI no less...

combat was ALWAYS as easy as ever, at least AC III has more layers to it (it`s ALWAYS been dumb, not saying AC III is difficult), it`s a possibility to die in AC III, it`s literally not possible to die in AC II - ACR....it`s literally impossible...like..I just left the controller and watched

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Have you not heard M causals are ruling the Market ! Developers prefer to heed their voices rather than the dedicated hardcore gamer ! and it sucks big time !
that`s quite sad

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
that`s quite sad

Indeed, there was once a time many ages ago ( I am talking my Super Nintendo days ) were i would have deemed it totaly acceptable but as a mature gamer i feel a sense of discrimination loool !

salman147
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Say,what happened to medicines in AC3?And rowing boats?And horse fights????Horses can't gallop properly and tire out too easily(Lazy horses!).And this is the first time horses were that much afraid of heights.They hardly want to jump.Sprinting was easier.

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Say,what happened to medicines in AC3?And rowing boats?And horse fights????
Medicine was removed (thankfully) rowing boats were planned, but scrapped and horse fights are still there...

where have you been for 18 months?

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Medicine was removed (thankfully) rowing boats were planned, but scrapped and horse fights are still there...

where have you been for 18 months?

I remember seeing a promo image of Connor in a Canoe in on a water way in the Frontier, i think thats a feature they should have kept .

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I remember seeing a promo image of Connor in a Canoe in on a water way in the Frontier, i think thats a feature they should have kept .
I know...would`v been some nice leisure activity and would`v provided for more mission design options...maybe that`s why they were removed...no place found for them

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Horses can't gallop properly and tire out too easily(Lazy horses!).And this is the first time horses were that much afraid of heights.They hardly want to jump.Sprinting was easier.
This is the first time we actually HAD galloping since ACB...there was really no real use for horses in AC II...only game with some real horse usage was AC I...

i`ll agree that their mechanics and physics are terrible, though

salman147
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I hope they bring medicines back and improve their effect i.e Edward shouldn't heal in a second but slowly.That'd add some difficulty.I have a feeling we won't see horses this time.Cos' horses weren't used much in these places except for carriages.
Who wants Captain Jack Sparrow appear as an easter egg?

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
I hope they bring medicines back and improve their effect i.e Edward shouldn't heal in a second but slowly.That'd add some difficulty.I have a feeling we won't see horses this time.Cos' horses weren't used much in these places except for carriages.

Health shouldn't regenerate in fights at all

you want difficulty, but want medicine.....confused:confused:

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Health shouldn't regenerate in fights at all

you want difficulty, but want medicine.....confused:confused:

There is no reason why Ubi cant evolve the Health system that AC3 had ! apart from the regenaration after 30seconds or so during a fight they should adopt the AC3 system but make it so it does not regenerate during combat ! AC3 almost had it right .

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 12:46 PM
There is no reason why Ubi cant evolve the Health system that AC3 had ! apart from the regenaration after 30seconds or so during a fight they should adopt the AC3 system but make it so it does not regenerate during combat ! AC3 almost had it right .
They actually said that it WILL NOT regenerate during battle, but once again...their lack of faith and catering to kids lead them to making it regenerate anyway :\

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM
They actually said that it WILL NOT regenerate during battle, but once again...their lack of faith and catering to kids lead them to making it regenerate anyway :\

Casuals yet again ! the same casuals who will consistently camp on Call of Duty and Battlefield MP :nonchalance: ..

Back on topic hopefully ubi will introduce complexity to ACBF to give some longetivity and more importantly an experience that offers the player the need to actualy use their brains !

LoyalACFan
06-08-2013, 12:50 PM
But dont the forts count, though?? why are you dismissing them?? Stealth paths obvious...isn't it like that for every game??

They sort of count, I guess, but they're side content. I would have loved to see something more substantial in the story assassinations, but no. And the stealth paths in AC1 were nowhere near as obvious as the ones in the forts (like the gigantic hole in the wall you swim through, or the overhanging tree branch at Fort Duquesne) and you could actually take several variant paths.

freddie_1897
06-08-2013, 01:01 PM
You`re lucky...i`m in a slightly good mood..that rant would`v been ugly...just know that I think bad things of point 10...BAD things
just to go on from the antagonist (when i say antagonist or villain, i mean relative to the Assassin, the Templars aren't evil) thing, personally i loved Haytham as a villain, we was cool, calm, English, and from Forsaken and AC3 we know his heart is in the right place, his motives were true, and he seemed like a nice enough guy - he mentioned how he wanted to save the innocents but Braddock killed them. Haytham was my favourite because of this, as well as his dialogue and interactions with Connor.

However very close behind him is my second favourite villain, one who you could actually call evil because he was an Arsehole. And that is Cesare, he was like the villain from the film 'gladiator'. He was a bit useless and was not fit to be a leader, but he was one, and he made you want to kill him, that was why i loved him, however i loved Haytham because i didn't really want to kill him, and that makes him an even better Antagonist, because he was very much in the Grey area.

My main reason for typing this is to say that although i loved Haytham, the next antagonist should not be anything like him, that would be repetitive, we need someone with a new personality.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 01:07 PM
just to go on from the antagonist (when i say antagonist or villain, i mean relative to the Assassin, the Templars aren't evil) thing, personally i loved Haytham as a villain, we was cool, calm, English, and from Forsaken and AC3 we know his heart is in the right place, his motives were true, and he seemed like a nice enough guy - he mentioned how he wanted to save the innocents but Braddock killed them. Haytham was my favourite because of this, as well as his dialogue and interactions with Connor.

However very close behind him is my second favourite villain, one who you could actually call evil because he was an Arsehole. And that is Cesare, he was like the villain from the film 'gladiator'. He was a bit useless and was not fit to be a leader, but he was one, and he made you want to kill him, that was why i loved him, however i loved Haytham because i didn't really want to kill him, and that makes him an even better Antagonist, because he was very much in the Grey area.

My main reason for typing this is to say that although i loved Haytham, the next antagonist should not be anything like him, that would be repetitive, we need someone with a new personality.

It was after i read forsaken that i really took to Haytham ! you know his vision his ideals but his heart always seemed to cloud his judgement like did i do the right thing what was i supposed to do or what if things was different, dont forget Haytham was unwittingly drawn into the Templar order through betrayal so we have a man here who was lied to for most of his life.

What i found particuarly interesting was his secret desire that could the Assassins and Templars unite ?

freddie_1897
06-08-2013, 01:12 PM
It was after i read forsaken that i really took to Haytham ! you know his vision his ideals but his heart always seemed to cloud his judgement like did i do the right thing what was i supposed to do or what if things was different, dont forget Haytham was unwittingly drawn into the Templar order through betrayal so we have a man here who was lied to for most of his life.

What i found particuarly interesting was his secret desire that could the Assassins and Templars unite ?
and that it was him that saved Connor from the noose, the Assassins didn't get there in time, so he threw a knife because he didn't particularly want to see his son die.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 01:14 PM
and that it was him that saved Connor from the noose, the Assassins didn't get there in time, so he threw a knife because he didn't particularly want to see his son die.

I remember that part !! but when i play through AC3 when i see Reginald Birch in the theater i look at him and think you out and out creep lol ! ( If i have never had a read forsaken i would have not known the things i do now )

LoyalACFan
06-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Yeah, I really liked Haytham too. I hated how they made him all bloodthirsty all of a sudden when Connor met him; seemed like all he did was shoot defenseless prisoners for fun. I was like "WTF happened to you since 1755, Haytham?"

I remember that part !! but when i play through AC3 when i see Reginald Birch in the theater i look at him and think you out and out creep lol ! ( If i have never had a read forsaken i would have not known the things i do now )

Which irks me to no end, because unless you buy Forsaken, you're missing out on a huge piece of the story. All of that stuff should have been addressed in AC3, or not at all. I hate supporting material for games... it's art vs. commerce at its worst. The game should be a complete experience in itself, you shouldn't have to read a tie-in comic, or short film, or whatever...

Ugh... rant over.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I really liked Haytham too. I hated how they made him all bloodthirsty all of a sudden when Connor met him; seemed like all he did was shoot defenseless prisoners for fun. I was like "WTF happened to you since 1755, Haytham?"

Which irks me to no end, because unless you buy Forsaken, you're missing out on a huge piece of the story. All of that stuff should have been addressed in AC3, or not at all. I hate supporting material for games... it's art vs. commerce at its worst. The game should be a complete experience in itself, you shouldn't have to read a tie-in comic, or short film, or whatever...

Ugh... rant over.

Well the black flag novel will address Edwards whole life which does lead me to belive that some stuff we read in the book will not be adreesed in the game but hey i am not complaining i still stand that AC4 will rock !

Sushiglutton
06-08-2013, 01:53 PM

It shouldn't regenrate until you have safely hidden imo. Make the chase sequences real tense. In AC3 health does regenerate slowly in combat and as soon as you runne away (but are still being chased) it regenerates fully instantly which is silly.

lothario-da-be
06-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Well the black flag novel will address Edwards whole life which does lead me to belive that some stuff we read in the book will not be adreesed in the game but hey i am not complaining i still stand that AC4 will rock !
Well, we didn't played Haythams full life too?

salman147
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
It shouldn't regenrate until you have safely hidden imo. Make the chase sequences real tense. In AC3 health does regenerate slowly in combat and as soon as you runne away (but are still being chased) it regenerates fully instantly which is silly.

That's what I was talking about.Instead of automated health regeneration,why not activate them with medicines.And remove that instant regeneration with slow regen. when you use medicine.Normally medicines take time to regenerate health that's what I want to see in this game.

stingray110
06-08-2013, 03:08 PM
A complete overhaul...it's boring down to its core. An actually exciting story would be nice, oh and more gameplay options and revelevant gameplay missions. You know? Not playing hide and seek for half an hour as a kid.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2013, 03:11 PM
A complete overhaul...it's boring down to its core. An actually exciting story would be nice, oh and more gameplay options and revelevant gameplay missions. You know? Not playing hide and seek for half an hour as a kid.

Half an hour is hyperbole, but I have to agree with you. Immersion and setting the scene is all well and good, but for God's sake, by the time you got your robes in AC3, the game was more than halfway over. AC4 needs to refocus on the core narrative and fix the godawful pacing problems of AC3.

salman147
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Half an hour is hyperbole, but I have to agree with you. Immersion and setting the scene is all well and good, but for God's sake, by the time you got your robes in AC3, the game was more than halfway over. AC4 needs to refocus on the core narrative and fix the godawful pacing problems of AC3.

Ashraf Ismail said that AC Black Flag will start right off and not that long introduction.The game will start with a bang and will give players everything right from the start.Quicker than AC 2.

SixKeys
06-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Ashraf Ismail said that AC Black Flag will start right off and not that long introduction.The game will start with a bang and will give players everything right from the start.Quicker than AC 2.

Yeah, I remember how Alex Hutchinson said: “In AC3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise.”

http://press2reset.com/2012/03/11/ac3-will-go-back-to-basics-says-hutchinson/

salman147
06-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I remember how Alex Hutchinson said: “In AC3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise.”

http://press2reset.com/2012/03/11/ac3-will-go-back-to-basics-says-hutchinson/

Well.He kept his word.You did kill someone,with Haytham(In Seq 1).He didn't say you'd be wearing an assassin costume and kill someone as Connor.So,practically he was right.And I suppose the same will happen in AC BF.You'll begin a terrible fight with swords,guns and cannons but not as an assassin.But as a pirate.You'll become an assassin with another long intro.But that hide and seek will be absent this time.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Well.He kept his word.You did kill someone,with Haytham(In Seq 1).He didn't say you'd be wearing an assassin costume and kill someone as Connor.So,practically he was right.And I suppose the same will happen in AC BF.You'll begin a terrible fight with swords,guns and cannons but not as an assassin.But as a pirate.You'll become an assassin with another long intro.But that hide and seek will be absent this time.

I would be very inclined to say we will be pludering merchant ships on the offset .

stingray110
06-08-2013, 03:50 PM

We didn't kill someone within 30 seconds so that practically makes him a liar. Just like half the other crap he comes up with, like those random events. People say Revelations was the worse, i have to disagree. AC 3 was a tremendous fail becuase in the end, the reboot supplied us with exactly the same gameplay with flaws and i believe AC 3.5 will be exactly the same but with added Naval features which doesn't even look that revolutionary. I wish i had the optimism and appreciation that some people like yourself have...

salman147
06-08-2013, 03:57 PM
AC BF is said to be developed by 8 studios(AC3 was developed by 3 studios).So what do you think?(Too many cooks spoil the broth.)And the increase in devs means more opinion conflicts.That's an issue.I hope it doesn't become like Call of duty franchise.
AC3 was definitely a disappointment.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2013, 04:04 PM
AC BF is said to be developed by 8 studios(AC3 was developed by 3 studios).So what do you think?(Too many cooks spoil the broth.)And the increase in devs means more opinion conflicts.That's an issue.I hope it doesn't become like Call of duty franchise.
AC3 was definitely a disappointment.

As long as they're all working on different mechanics/features, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Especially if a yearly release cycle is unavoidable. It's better than trying to get one studio to crank out a full game in a year.

salman147
06-08-2013, 04:07 PM
As long as they're all working on different mechanics/features, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Especially if a yearly release cycle is unavoidable. It's better than trying to get one studio to crank out a full game in a year.

The problem with the last game(AC3) was that it tried to do too many things at a time and eventually did nothing right.Hope they learned their lessons this time.

salman147
06-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I'd like BF to have better assassination contracts.Those in AC3 was just:go there stab this guy,mission complete.

Gil_217
06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
An actual difficulty system. How hard can this be? Seriously? After five games, how in the world is this still not addressed.

If people want to continue play AC in the same difficulty they had been playing for 5 games, then they can play the game on Normal, or Easy, or Very Easy, or Recruit, or Initiate, or Baby Mode.

I want this game to actually challenge me for the first time. Please, is this so terribly hard to include in a game? It's extremely basic. After 5 games it's unacceptable. This way, everyone is pleased. People can choose whichever level of difficulty they want.

I want TWCB Mode.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 04:52 PM
An actual difficulty system. How hard can this be? Seriously? After five games, how in the world is this still not addressed.

If people want to continue play AC in the same difficulty they had been playing for 5 games, then they can play the game on Normal, or Easy, or Very Easy, or Recruit, or Initiate, or Baby Mode.

I want this game to actually challenge me for the first time. Please, is this so terribly hard to include in a game? It's extremely basic. After 5 games it's unacceptable. This way, everyone is pleased. People can choose whichever level of difficulty they want.

I want TWCB Mode.

Agreed with this, Hitman adopted this so why cant Assassins Creed do the same .

Sushiglutton
06-08-2013, 05:09 PM

I want TWCB Mode.

Gameplay is simply not a priority. Given the numbers they sell by focusing on production values I can see why. Even many of the core fans are more interested in ambient music, voice actors, and in game e-mails, than what they are about actual gameplay. To me it seems like AC is runned by artists, writers, animators, marketing and business people. The gameplay team and the ones who design the missions are very, very weak in comparison and I guess they have low status within the team.

Very, very sad imo as for me gameplay is king and the low quality in AC really harms the overall experience. Not expecting it to change in the near future though as I believe it has to do with the ones in charge.

Gil_217
06-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Gameplay is simply not a priority. Given the numbers they sell by focusing on production values I can see why. Even many of the core fans are more interested in ambient music, voice actors, and in game e-mails, than what they are about actual gameplay. To me it seems like AC is runned by artists, writers, animators, marketing and business people. The gameplay team and the ones who design the content are very, very weak in comparison and I guess they have low status within the team.

Very, very sad imo as for me gameplay is king and the low quality in AC really harms the overall experience. Not expecting it to change in the near future though as I believe it has to do with the ones in charge.

The hilarious thing is that I'm a story-guy. I prefer the story to the actual gameplay any day. But c'mon, this series started 6 years ago, 5 main games have been released, and we STILL do not have one of the most basic things in videogames. A difficulty system.

Enough's enough!

Ureh
06-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Yep, a game is a game. Gameplay and story are both paramount. If one is weak the other suffers.

I really miss the AC1 and 2 counter attacks, where timing was crucial.

salman147
06-08-2013, 06:18 PM
I hope we get better more interesting story.And I'd prefer a few well crafted side missions than a bunch of:go here press this button to do this,throw this,not that,this one and press LMB to stab and complete your misssion.Congrats you completed your toughest mission.50% sync.There's seriously sth wrong.AC2 and 1 was such a great game,why did they ruin the next ones????I don't get it.The developers have quadrupled,they got more experience and more tools.What went wrong???Now they're anxious that AC BF won't outsell AC3(source :n4g)

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 09:55 PM
They sort of count, I guess, but they're side content. I would have loved to see something more substantial in the story assassinations, but no. And the stealth paths in AC1 were nowhere near as obvious as the ones in the forts (like the gigantic hole in the wall you swim through, or the overhanging tree branch at Fort Duquesne) and you could actually take several variant paths.
Master class, AC I should not be compared with dirt like the subsequent games :|

salman147
06-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Just two more days to E3 and some of our concerns of AC BF will be cleared.I can't wait for E3.Sth tells me this E3 will be the best.

salman147
06-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I hope there are Templar-assassins.Y'know assassins on the side of Templars who are just as much as skilled as you.Like that guy in AC Revelations.And I'd like to see a boss like Shakulu.

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I hope there are Templar-assassins.Y'know assassins on the side of Templars who are just as much as skilled as you.Like that guy in AC Revelations.And I'd like to see a boss like Shakulu.What?

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
What?
same

salman147
06-09-2013, 11:58 AM
What?

I mean,in AC Revelation there was a highly skilled master assassin(I forgot his name) who joined the Templars.Remember?The one who secretly kept killing other assassins until Ezio found out and gave a wild chase but failed to catch him.Later he is killed by one of Ezio's master assassin recruit.

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I mean,in AC Revelation there was a highly skilled master assassin(I forgot his name) who joined the Templars.Remember?The one who secretly kept killing other assassins until Ezio found out and gave a wild chase but failed to catch him.Later he is killed by one of Ezio's master assassin recruit.
So....what you want is a rehash? his name was Vali btw

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Your talking about the sentinal ! the one who defected to the Templars.

salman147
06-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Your talking about the sentinal ! the one who defected to the Templars.

Yes.But I don't want guys exactly like him,or it'll be a rehash.What I'm saying is that if there were enemies as skilled as that guy and would use smoke bombs,dual wield swords,fast has assassin like parkour skills.That would add challenge to the game and make enemies worth killing.The enemy archetypes in AC3 was very less.In AC BF you get to visit a wide variety of places,so how about increasing enemy archetypes also.This would also add variety to he game.No assassins creed game had challenging enemies except in ACR where there were Janissaries who'd use multi weapons and tactics and then there was Shakhulu who had to be killed twice.In AC1 there were Knights Templars who were also worth a challenge.

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes.But I don't want guys exactly like him,or it'll be a rehash.What I'm saying is that if there were enemies as skilled as that guy and would use smoke bombs,dual wield swords,fast has assassin like parkour skills.That would add challenge to the game and make enemies worth killing.The enemy archetypes in AC3 was very less.In AC BF you get to visit a wide variety of places,so how about increasing enemy archetypes also.This would also add variety to he game.No assassins creed game had challenging enemies except in ACR where there were Janissaries who'd use multi weapons and tactics and then there was Shakhulu who had to be killed twice.In AC1 there were Knights Templars who were also worth a challenge.

IMO the Lobster backs in AC3 are a walk in the park the Janisseries in Revelations gave much more of challenge than the Jagers and the Bombardiers combined !

But i want a combat system were my opponant is ferocious and equaly as skilled with blade as the Assassins rather than relying smoke bombs and other forms of inventory ! nothing more satisfying than the clash steel ;)

I-Like-Pie45
06-09-2013, 03:13 PM
This is story-driven character based franchise, yet I cannot emotionally connect to anybody in these games since they're always too busy killing each other. Altair was a stereotypical angry murderous Muslim, Ezio was a possibly closeted psychopath, and Connor was a mentally unbalanced sociopath, and Desmond combined the worst of all these "characters." Edward, his friends, and his targets are where that has to change. I say that Ubisoft needs to remove assassinations from Assassin's Creed.

salman147
06-09-2013, 03:21 PM
IMO the Lobster backs in AC3 are a walk in the park the Janisseries in Revelations gave much more of challenge than the Jagers and the Bombardiers combined !

But i want a combat system were my opponant is ferocious and equaly as skilled with blade as the Assassins rather than relying smoke bombs and other forms of inventory ! nothing more satisfying than the clash steel ;)

I want that too.A combat system where enemies would counter your counter attack and you can counter that while they try to dodge your counter and you will have to break their defense at that moment and this way the fight will go on.In AC3 it was just tapping a series of buttons serially and the enemy is down.
The combat system you're asking is said to be present in Batman Arkham Origins.Too bad Ubisoft devs won't notice this forum discussion.And even if they do,it'll be sth they'll ignore.They said that they didn't change combat system much but rather refined it and added more tools to use like quadruple gun shots and dual sword chaining them together.

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2013, 03:24 PM
I want that too.A combat system where enemies would counter your counter attack and you can counter that while they try to dodge your counter and you will have to break their defense at that moment and this way the fight will go on.In AC3 it was just tapping a series of buttons serially and the enemy is down.
The combat system you're asking is said to be present in Batman Arkham Origins.Too bad Ubisoft devs won't notice this forum discussion.And even if they do,it'll be sth they'll ignore.They said that they didn't change combat system much but rather refined it and added more tools to use like quadruple gun shots and dual sword chaining them together.

I would go down the route that UBI modded it by adding a few different counter kill options .

Hans684
06-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Would have liked at least one AC game with little to no combat and more focus on the assassinations.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Would have liked at least one AC game with little to no combat and more focus on the assassinations.

You can choose to play AC1 that way though.

Hans684
06-09-2013, 04:20 PM
You can choose to play AC1 that way though.

I know and i did.The weird thing is that a lot of fans want stealth. Yet they want combat.

salman147
06-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I know and i did.The weird thing is that a lot of fans want stealth. Yet they want combat.

Because Assassin's creed games aren't 100% stealth focused games.It's about historical assassins.And AC BF has pirates so there should be extremely heavy actions and stealth at the same time.It benefits in two ways:
1)You get to enjoy both stealth and full blown combat.
2)It completes what a true assassins creed game is about.
Normally I want most assassinations to be stealth based(some could offer dynamic chase sequences or complete freedom of how to kill targets.) and raiding ships to be combat based.
Assassins creed games are always about mixed stealth and combat.And if AC BF succeeds,it'd be the perfect assassins creed games that fans always longed for.

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I think its case of eluding to the fact some fans including myself want an Assassins Creed that focus on a stealth experience and really using the crowds ( Social stealth ) to achieve your goals , granted you can create your own experiences by choosing to approach a fort undetected but it would be nice to have a gameplay structure that focuses on following that elusive tenent .....
Hide in plain site !

I am confident Black Flag will introduce this !

Hans684
06-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Because Assassin's creed games aren't 100% stealth focused games.It's about historical assassins.And AC BF has pirates so there should be extremely heavy actions and stealth at the same time.It benefits in two ways:
1)You get to enjoy both stealth and full blown combat.
2)It completes what a true assassins creed game is about.
Normally I want most assassinations to be stealth based(some could offer dynamic chase sequences or complete freedom of how to kill targets.) and raiding ships to be combat based.
Assassins creed games are always about mixed stealth and combat.And if AC BF succeeds,it'd be the perfect assassins creed games that fans always longed for.

I know 1 & 2(I'm a part of the AC wiki. Know as ACsenior)

One can still dream that they choose a historical setting that has more focus on that.

"Normally I want most assassinations to be stealth based(some could offer dynamic chase sequences or complete freedom of how to kill targets.) and raiding ships to be combat based.
Assassins creed games are always about mixed stealth and combat.And if AC BF succeeds,it'd be the perfect assassins creed games that fans always longed for."

"Because Assassin's creed games aren't 100% stealth focused games.It's about historical assassins.And AC BF has pirates so there should be extremely heavy actions and stealth at the same time"

I know and agree.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I know 1 & 2(I'm a part of the AC wiki. Know as ACsenior)

One can still dream that they choose a historical setting that has more focus on that.

"Normally I want most assassinations to be stealth based(some could offer dynamic chase sequences or complete freedom of how to kill targets.) and raiding ships to be combat based.
Assassins creed games are always about mixed stealth and combat.And if AC BF succeeds,it'd be the perfect assassins creed games that fans always longed for."

"Because Assassin's creed games aren't 100% stealth focused games.It's about historical assassins.And AC BF has pirates so there should be extremely heavy actions and stealth at the same time"

I know and agree.

Ahhh, ACsenior. You're the news guy. Anyway back on-topic I think that they should make combat more challenging and daunting to the player so they actually feel the need to use stealth. With Connor I prefered to fight because the AI was broken and there was little opportunity to actually use it apart from forts.

salman147
06-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Ahhh, ACsenior. You're the news guy. Anyway back on-topic I think that they should make combat more challenging and daunting to the player so they actually feel the need to use stealth. With Connor I prefered to fight because the AI was broken and there was little opportunity to actually use it apart from forts.

I agree.The Templar forts were cool.And I wish they're replayable.However in ACBF they'll probably be replaced by ships which you can capture,raid,take over or whatever u like.I hope there is an incredebly beautiful deep combat system which is realistic(so that u don't become a one man army.) and have to implement stealth to take down guards than go out full blown cover.

Just one more day before E3 begins and we'll see how ACBF comes out.U can visit UPLAY for full LIVE conference show!

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Ahhh, ACsenior. You're the news guy. Anyway back on-topic I think that they should make combat more challenging and daunting to the player so they actually feel the need to use stealth. With Connor I prefered to fight because the AI was broken and there was little opportunity to actuall use it apart from forts.

Ok if you look at Ezio and Altair the kills was very elegent ! Connor was portrayed as savage, he was assassinating his targets during the heat of a battle ( Bunker Hill is an excellent example of this) the full sync requirements to use stealth was at the players discretion ( the assassination of John Pitcairn for example ) Connor was very direct and the way he hunted his targets was in the ferocious flams of a revolution ! if you look at the AC3 trailor unlike the Assassins Connor chose to eliminate his target head on because his target sorrounded by his infantryman.

Connors style is direct and Brutal were as Ezio and Altair are more less conspicious. Not to say you cant play AC3 stealth orientated but its up to the player how they create their own experience.

salman147
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Just one more day before E3 begins and we'll see how ACBF comes out.U can visit UPLAY for full LIVE conference show!

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Ok if you look at Ezio and Altair the kills was very elegent ! Connor was portrayed as savage, he was assassinating his targets during the heat of a battle ( Bunker Hill is an excellent example of this) the full sync requirements to use stealth was at the players discretion ( the assassination of John Pitcairn for example ) Connor was very direct and the way he hunted his targets was in the ferocious flams of a revolution ! if you look at the AC3 trailor unlike the Assassins Connor chose to eliminate his target head on because his target sorrounded by his infantryman.

Connors style is direct and Brutal were as Ezio and Altair are more less conspicious. Not to say you cant play AC3 stealth orientated but its up to the player how they create their own experience.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that because of the broken AI it is both more productive and less frustrating to slice and dice pathetically weak enemies than to try and sneak past but have guards with their backs turned 40 yards away from you hear you're walking footsteps and then have the entirety of King George's army chasing after you 10 seconds later.

Hans684
06-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Yes i am. There is a chance for something with the same concept as the forts. But with more a pirate feel.

salman147
06-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes i am. There is a chance for something with the same concept as the forts. But with more a pirate feel.

Taking down merchant ships in ur own way,hidden Templar forts among islands.I think war machines will also return.Since there r lots of hidden islands to explore,there maybe secret Templar activity going on to build war machines with England's help to take over Nassasu(which the English did).

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 08:21 PM
This is story-driven character based franchise, yet I cannot emotionally connect to anybody in these games since they're always too busy killing each other. Altair was a stereotypical angry murderous Muslim, Ezio was a possibly closeted psychopath, and Connor was a mentally unbalanced sociopath, and Desmond combined the worst of all these "characters." Edward, his friends, and his targets are where that has to change. I say that Ubisoft needs to remove assassinations from Assassin's Creed.
Altair wasn't Muslim

salman147
06-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Assassins from Assassins creed aren't Muslims or Christians,or Buddhists,or Hindus,or Jews etc.They follow their Creed.That is their religion.

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Assassins from Assassins creed aren't Muslims or Christians,or Buddhists,or Hindus,or Jews etc.They follow their Creed.That is their religion.
Not that either, the Creed is not a Religion, nor is it a substitute for Religion...Assassins CAN be Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews..etc..

The Creed is an observation of the foundations of society..nothing is true; everything is permitted

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Assassins from Assassins creed aren't Muslims or Christians,or Buddhists,or Hindus,or Jews etc.They follow their Creed.That is their religion.Not really, Ezio was catholic and Teodora ran a church.

shobhit7777777
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Not that either, the Creed is not a Religion, nor is it a substitute for Religion...Assassins CAN be Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews..etc..

The Creed is an observation of the foundations of society..nothing is true; everything is permitted

Assassin die and come back...they respawn - definitely Hindu

MasterAssasin84
06-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Altair was an Athiest .

AssassinHMS
06-10-2013, 09:24 PM
A button to skip the end credits...

montagemik
06-10-2013, 09:30 PM

How would that be Useful TO YOU ?? :confused:

AC2_alex
06-10-2013, 09:39 PM

The credits give you a chance to reflect on all the hours you invested into the game, do they not? I love just sitting back and watching the credits.

Bashilir
06-10-2013, 10:46 PM
The credits give you a chance to reflect on all the hours you invested into the game, do they not? I love just sitting back and watching the credits.

To you of course. Some people don't like literally waiting 11 minutes(I timed it) just to be able to play again. To me personally, it ruins the immersion between what happens at the end and what else they say to explain why we're still in the animus. Like in AC:B where Desmond went into the coma and it was explained to us that we were still able to play because it stabilized Desmond being put back in the animus. It's all choice, so why not?

Don't get me wrong though, it's great for just sitting there and thinking about what just happened. Kind've like ACB again. I was sitting there just like: "What the **** just happened?"