PDA

View Full Version : PvE Server Problem

aesuarez
06-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Can you see the problem in this image?

http://i.imgur.com/uOytef2.png

So a 1 man alliance can beat a team of 30?? There is obviously something wrong with the calculations by allowing a 1man alliance have the ability to keep 7 forts.

MartyAmodeo
06-06-2013, 11:35 PM
And just for clarification, the player stats (at the time of this posting) are:
Dom: 2787761 (208th place)
Wealth: 150202564 (1st place)
Honor: 367050058 (1st place)

Many times we have seen the "Power of all armies" stat in his alliance score go BELOW ZERO. This obviously A] is broken, B] impacts the attack strength of the dark elves unfairly.

This is not to bash the player in question. Simply to highlight how broken the mechanics are. It would, however, be quite obnoxious if he continues on this way and wins the server. The point about the game mechanics has been proven already. No point in going further to ruin the game for everyone else.

ctsassaman
06-07-2013, 12:44 AM
You can just as easily get back into first place...you just have to spend the same amount of real dollars as this player does. Farm vestiges for sacrifice troops and resources and you could be in first place too! That is how you get 367M honor. If you think the devs are going to do anything about their number one money source, you are dreaming.

Oh and dLow, we know whay you don't want to bash the player, it is because he employs the same pay to win strategies in your PvP Alliance.

Krusher55
06-07-2013, 01:41 AM
You can just as easily get back into first place...you just have to spend the same amount of real dollars as this player does. Farm vestiges for sacrifice troops and resources and you could be in first place too! That is how you get 367M honor.

The thing is, it isn't about troops and sacrificing and paying for power. His dominance is really low and he is defending his fortresses with armies less than 5M. He isn't "buying power" to defend his fortresses he is manipulating the system so that it doesn't send big dark elf armies against his fortresses so he can manage to maintain 7. Every other alliance is struggling to maintain 1 or two and have defending forces of 50M and he is defending 7 with next to nothing. The game dynamics and balancing are messed up.

aesuarez
06-07-2013, 05:03 AM
You can just as easily get back into first place...you just have to spend the same amount of real dollars as this player does. Farm vestiges for sacrifice troops and resources and you could be in first place too! That is how you get 367M honor. If you think the devs are going to do anything about their number one money source, you are dreaming.

Oh and dLow, we know whay you don't want to bash the player, it is because he employs the same pay to win strategies in your PvP Alliance.

This isn't about the player as with anyone with half a brain can do the same thing without spending seals. This is purely a problem with mechanics of how the game allows any one man alliance to be able to hold many forts with very little armies. He has about 5M in each fort and if I would have to guess, his attacks are in the 500K range. Marty is correct in regards to observing his army power was actually negative. Clearly the game is broken where you can have a negative army power score.

Before the server opened, I had thought of doing the same (creating a one man alliance) but I like playing in teams and being a team player so I didn't go that route. If I had gone that route, my one man alliance would prolly be in the top5.

I just hope the GMs as well as the DEVs see this and they fix it in time.

filipd81
06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
You said that this player sacrificed all his troops to maintain low the strength of the dark elves attacking his fortress. Being able to control 7 forts is the reward for his spirit of sacrifice. Instead of complaining you should also sacrifice all your troops. It will be a real fun afterwards.

Paul_Rotterdam
06-07-2013, 03:39 PM
All i see is the possibility that his alliance name is correct.
Then his cleverness how to play and win this game is the real problem when he is doing his job.

MartyAmodeo
06-07-2013, 07:49 PM
You guys seem to be missing the point that it is not a compelling game if this is the "correct" strategy to win.

filipd81
06-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Personally I'm not missing anything but probably you missed my irony :P

AndreanDW
06-08-2013, 08:03 AM
...I just hope the GMs as well as the DEVs see this and they fix it in time.
I'm sure they start to fix the broken weak rifts first within the next (days) (weeks) (months) years, and if there is time left they fix the fortress attacks in season 6 - if there's someone left

aesuarez
06-13-2013, 06:16 PM
I see that no comments are being made by the DEVs in regards to this. So i'm assuming they want more single man alliances instead of the intent of the PVE server which is a bunch of folks working together to maintain as many forts as possible.

Right now, we as a 30man team have been able to hold 3 forts max while a single man alliance can easily hold 7.

This is how the points are right now:

http://i.imgur.com/9x1WlcO.png

AndreanDW
06-13-2013, 06:35 PM
it is absurd that neither the developer (Vorbann) nor a GM makes any comment to this fact!
And that they make updates to prevent dwarf farming instead of solving the big problems within the game !

Caladreg
06-17-2013, 10:44 AM
The whole thing is sad indeed. Personally I really think the good teamwork has earn us the first place on the server. Up until that one man came in and ruin everything. I have to give him the credits, he his good at showing and broken the game has become.

I can just hope devs do something about this. I love this game but I am more than sick of seeing those absurd situation.

TOPMO3ABP
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Today I've got a new Mega Crevice, I've not seen anything like that before, it's a really "unbeatable" crevice, that can go down by itself with the wind blow...
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb197/rammar12/MegaCrevice_zpsf5f7264f.png

Sotona_6
06-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Probably it was inactive city that was converted to rift.