PDA

View Full Version : Help to explore a new region

SoumaShigure
06-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Ok so i started playing and i finished clearing my region, i go to the larger map view and there are 8 sqaures around my town considered my region, i want to move to one of those other squares to explore but i have no clue how to move my hero there. can someone help? how to move my hero outside my current region to explore?

TOPMO3ABP
06-06-2013, 08:31 AM
You have to build a city there first...

MartyAmodeo
06-06-2013, 08:34 AM
The larger map view is for settling a new city. But you won't be able to settle a new city until you reach Rank 2 in either dominance, wealth, or honor. If you have the prerequisite rank, simply click a hero with an army and click the square you want to settle. You will then be shown a close-up of that region. Pay close attention to the kind of mines that are there and make sure they are resources that you need for your race. If you are happy with the mines in the region, you can press the "Settle" button near the bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to enter a city name, and when you hit Ok, your hero will begin moving toward the region to create the new city.

Most likely, especially if you are new to the game, you haven't reached Rank 2 in any category yet, and the game won't let you settle the region. If you cleared all your town squares and there's nothing left to fight, start building up your city. As new buildings become available, you will be able to fight more battles in the city buildings themselves, and these result in new recruits when you win. This will help your honor and dominance scores if you are careful. You can also increase your dominance by recruiting more troops from your newly created recruiting buildings in the city. Reaching Rank 2 in wealth is much slower than the other 2 paths. Also, make it a priority to succeed in the Quests for a fast jump to Rank 2. If you are successful, these quest rewards can keep you moving when you would otherwise be stuck waiting for more resources or for a city structure to finish building.