PDA

View Full Version : Should cards like Stoneshield/Altar of Shadows be restricted?

Hakuohsama
06-04-2013, 12:25 AM
IDK sometime i feel really dumb playing vs someone who stalls there way up to 6 magic or anything else.
There are so many Cards in this game that can stop you from atacking or dmging the Hero at all that this game sometimes goes on in slowmo.
In Example every Ariana deck uses 4 Stoneshields and lamasu/vampires to stall there way up for the win.
Using a deck with many disspells isnt viable cause not everyone runs magic and you have no sideboard to choose from.

All this game has is the unipue Cards but why no Limitation like other tcgs.
I mean what kinda strategie is this.. "Look at him derp derp i stall him for ever and then kill all his Creatues in one turn derp derp."

DragoAskani
06-04-2013, 03:06 AM
IDK sometime i feel really dumb playing vs someone who stalls there way up to 6 magic or anything else.
There are so many Cards in this game that can stop you from atacking or dmging the Hero at all that this game sometimes goes on in slowmo.
In Example every Ariana deck uses 4 Stoneshields and lamasu/vampires to stall there way up for the win.
Using a deck with many disspells isnt viable cause not everyone runs magic and you have no sideboard to choose from.

All this game has is the unipue Cards but why no Limitation like other tcgs.
I mean what kinda strategie is this.. "Look at him derp derp i stall him for ever and then kill all his Creatues in one turn derp derp."
Never seen a competitive ariana run more then 3 shields personally.

Heres some ways to beat shields, dispell, mass dispell, cleansing light, blackskull spellsmasher, time jump (shield falls off), spell steal, stream singer, minor recall, etc. The moral of the story being, if your not prepared for them, you should be. Quite frankly its gotten to the point that if I play against an Ariana most the times its a free win for me. Same for a Kats or Shaar otk. I used to place tier 2 with my kats all the time. I won several games in last nights jackpot with her, but I lost enough I had to change to a different deck cause my shields and stall tactics are not nearly as good anymore.

Obviously if you are new this will take time. Just keep playing you will learn how to time and defeat it after awhile.

ulpsz
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
yeah now everything that's hard to play against in a certain context is op ..

both cards are perfectley fine the way it is...no inconsitencies, no imballances about them