PDA

View Full Version : Content Dispute (monetization) on posting AC3

HugeNewb
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I received a content dispute when I posted AC3 onto my channel and can no longer claim AC3 and run ads. I was curious, as I saw many before had posted, and wanted to ask for a link to show proof that I am allowed to be posting this gameplay onto my channel. Any help would be very appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/HugeNewb

pacmanate
06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
You can only get money from games if you have permission I think

HugeNewb
06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I am asking for the consent of Ubisoft to monetize, as I noticed it seemed like they were allowing it for other channels.

pacmanate
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
I am asking for the consent of Ubisoft to monetize, as I noticed it seemed like they were allowing it for other channels.

It depends, sometimes they target random people, some people that have less views are actually part of Machinima etc.

HugeNewb
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I am partnered, although not with machinima. I did not receive a strike, rather a content ID, but I can not claim the video.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-04-2013, 12:10 AM
You cant monetize their game...
Machinima and IGN are a trade off..they get paid specifically to cover games and if not, companies are paid with the publicity that is broadcasted to their millions of subs....

Mr_Shade
06-04-2013, 12:27 AM
You cant monetize their game...
Machinima and IGN are a trade off..they get paid specifically to cover games and if not, companies are paid with the publicity that is broadcasted to their millions of subs....
You can actually - if it's personal - however you have some rules..

hugenewb - please check your messages for details.