PDA

View Full Version : French Revolution Fanart

killerman_2012
06-03-2013, 01:37 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/980263_10201358830997458_1008108267_o.jpg

The artist is named Samuel Nordius, this is his blog:
http://samuelnordius.blogspot.com/

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Uhhh.....Okay? Ummm....good

There`s a fanart thread?

ArabianFrost
06-03-2013, 01:50 AM
One must ask why even go the American Revolution? The dull, lackluster America could have been easily replaced with France. If we don't go to France, then dam you Ubisoft. If we eventually do go to France, why the hell would you torture us with the American Revolution in the first place? AC executives are a weird bunch.

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 01:51 AM
One must ask why even go the American Revolution? The dull, lackluster America could have been easily replaced with France. If we don't go to France, then dam you Ubisoft. If we eventually do go to France, why the hell would you torture us with the American Revolution in the first place? AC executives are a weird bunch.
Meh..i was fine with the change of scenery..sure it`s boring and dull, but so what?? I had Venice, Florence and Constantinople...3 gorgeous cities...

Megas_Doux
06-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Meh..i was fine with the change of scenery..sure it`s boring and dull, but so what?? I had Venice, Florence and Constantinople...3 gorgeous cities...
This!

And NY is a favorite of mine, love to just walk around its docks whle it is raining! Having a great historic city does not make it "good" per se, fewer places more important than Roma-.....And it turned out to be, at least to me, very dull....

ArabianFrost
06-03-2013, 02:02 AM

France has forests, right? They could have just added that, allowing us to have a nice area of woods and a proper city. You may be right though, I don't know if I am frustrated more by the setting or the lack of stealth. Still, who wouldn't want 4 gorgeous cities? It just seems like a silly compromise TBH, but oh well.

Edit: They could have taken more liberty with designing the maps, making the streets closer and such. When you pit historical accuracy against gameplay, gameplay always wins.

ArabianFrost
06-03-2013, 02:06 AM
This!

And NY is a favorite of mine, love to just walk around its docks whle it is raining! Having a great historic city does not make it "good" per se, fewer places more important than Roma-.....And it turned out to be, at least to me, very dull....

While some do believe that Rome was dull, the buildings and roofs elegantly went hand in hand with parkouring and gameplay.

Megas_Doux
06-03-2013, 02:08 AM
While some do believe that Rome was dull, the buildings and roofs elegantly went hand in hand with parkouring and gameplay.

Roma had what are possibly the best landmarks in the series, but I just do not like it, dont how to explain it.

Rugterwyper32
06-03-2013, 02:09 AM

To be honest, I found the American Revolution to be a great yet misused setting. It was a nice change of pace, the new location was nice, and I honestly found myself really hyped by reading up on it during the time before the game came out. My main issue? The gump factor, the fact New York was underused and the little we had of it left a bad taste, and the overall lack of difference between locations (as much as I liked them). I still wish they had focused more on the French and Indian War and maybe added a Canadian city (Quebec would have felt different enough) and they gave us Philadelphia as a proper city. But oh well.

I still do want the French Revolution, though, but make it more widespread. Paris would be a focus, yes, but add cities such as Marseille and La Rochelle and maybe events from the War in the Vendee and the Pyrenees without gumping it up to make it work. That would be amazing, I think.

montagemik
06-03-2013, 02:12 AM
France , possibly the most commonly known Revolution in History, used in famous novels & other media many times. Don't ubisoft dislike settings heavily used in other media already :confused:

And the Cliche Scarlet pimpernel assassin saving the nobles no doubt from the nasty templars revolution. YAY .

yeah , no idea why they picked america. ;)

Rugterwyper32
06-03-2013, 02:15 AM
France , possibly the most commonly known Revolution in History, used in famous novels & other media many times. Don't ubisoft dislike settings heavily used in other media already :confused:

And the Cliche Scarlet pimpernel assassin saving the nobles no doubt from the nasty templars revolution. YAY .

yeah , no idea why they picked america. ;)

More than a French Revolution setting, I'd want the 100 Years War, to be honest. Simply because Joan of Arc.
Or send us back to 1307. Why?

"1307 Muslims have driven "Crusaders" from the Middle East, including the order called the Templars. Templars have arrived in France. They are wealthy, and King Philip accuses them of magic and heresy – the only way he can lawfully seize Templar assets. For good measure the Templars are accused also of sodomy and of being in league with the Muslims. Philip has the Templars arrested on Friday the 13th (giving Friday the13th its reputation as a day of bad luck). Some Templars are tortured and executed. "

Fun times for the Templars don't you think

montagemik
06-03-2013, 02:21 AM
More than a French Revolution setting, I'd want the 100 Years War, to be honest. Simply because Joan of Arc.
Or send us back to 1307. Why?

"1307 Muslims have driven "Crusaders" from the Middle East, including the order called the Templars. Templars have arrived in France. They are wealthy, and King Philip accuses them of magic and heresy – the only way he can lawfully seize Templar assets. For good measure the Templars are accused also of sodomy and of being in league with the Muslims. Philip has the Templars arrested on Friday the 13th (giving Friday the13th its reputation as a day of bad luck). Some Templars are tortured and executed. "

Fun times for the Templars don't you think

TBH i can't think of an accent i'd enjoy listening to LESS from every NPC for 20 -40 hours . Sorry .;)

Megas_Doux
06-03-2013, 02:21 AM

This!!!!!!

Back on topic, this fan art is good.

montagemik
06-03-2013, 02:23 AM
This!!!!!!

Back on topic, this fan art is good.

Back on topic - this Fan Art should be in the 'on topic' Fan art thread. :nonchalance:

ArabianFrost
06-03-2013, 02:26 AM
To be honest, I found the American Revolution to be a great yet misused setting. It was a nice change of pace, the new location was nice, and I honestly found myself really hyped by reading up on it during the time before the game came out. My main issue? The gump factor, the fact New York was underused and the little we had of it left a bad taste, and the overall lack of difference between locations (as much as I liked them). I still wish they had focused more on the French and Indian War and maybe added a Canadian city (Quebec would have felt different enough) and they gave us Philadelphia as a proper city. But oh well.

I still do want the French Revolution, though, but make it more widespread. Paris would be a focus, yes, but add cities such as Marseille and La Rochelle and maybe events from the War in the Vendee and the Pyrenees without gumping it up to make it work. That would be amazing, I think.

Exactly. Bostonian and New York(ian?) architecture may have been somewhat good-looking, but there wasn't any diversity. The cities just.seem the same with a few slight changes with some landmarks. I don't even think I would tell the difference between the cities that well. On the other hand, even Rome and Istanbul were diverse even within themselves, with rich districts, poor districts and such. Venice had completely different architecture than Florence. AC1 had the most diversity of maps, making all AC cities different to some extent, each with its own distinguishable architecture. Boston and New York seem like the were just one city that got split, which I can't really blame them since they can't have enough liberty to change their architecture.

At the end this really boils down to a setting which had potential to present an awesome story, but was not very enjoyable to explore, but also by how the devs decided to remove/not implement activities which can breath live into it (e.g random events, lively frontier....etc.).

This is just me rambling, but I think AC3 could have been a far better game if it were NOT a sand box, but rather just a normal Action/Adventure. Sure some people here like the interactions in the homestead and the AI non-combat activity, but that doesn't make a game.

LoyalACFan
06-03-2013, 02:35 AM
That fanart is some of the best I've seen in terms of original settings. Props to the artist. Post it in the fanart thread.

Rugterwyper32
06-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Exactly. Bostonian and New York(ian?) architecture may have been somewhat good-looking, but there wasn't any diversity. The cities just.seem the same with a few slight changes with some landmarks. I don't even think I would tell the difference between the cities that well. On the other hand, even Rome and Istanbul were diverse even within themselves, with rich districts, poor districts and such. Venice had completely different architecture than Florence. AC1 had the most diversity of maps, making all AC cities different to some extent, each with its own distinguishable architecture. Boston and New York seem like the were just one city that got split, which I can't really blame them since they can't have enough liberty to change their architecture.

At the end this really boils down to a setting which had potential to present an awesome story, but was not very enjoyable to explore, but also by how the devs decided to remove/not implement activities which can breath live into it (e.g random events, lively frontier....etc.).

This is just me rambling, but I think AC3 could have been a far better game if it were NOT a sand box, but rather just a normal Action/Adventure. Sure some people here like the interactions in the homestead and the AI non-combat activity, but that doesn't make a game.

I'm personally thinking that the AC3 team cornered itself by focusing too much on being historically accurate and mentioning so much of it. They went for this setting and they were like "HEY LOOK GEORGE WASHINGTON AND HEY BENJAMIN FRANKLIN" and so on, but they forgot one thing that made the previous games what they were, and that was the artistic freedom they gave themselves. Acre had a Gothic style cathedral that never existed! I think there were a bunch of landmarks in AC1 that didn't exist but they went with them nonetheless because hey, it worked. Not sure about how much they did with AC2, but in AC:B they made a bunch of facades of buildings in Rome look very Baroque-esque in an attempt to make things more distinguishable from AC2's cities.
I think a big problem comes also from the introduction of the database in AC2. I feel that with each game they became more obsessed with historical accuracy. I like it, but at the same time, they should take more artistic liberties simply to make things, you know, fun.

I think we should see AC4 having more artistic freedom simply because around the pirate era, there's relatively little info of the cities we're visiting. What we know mostly comes from before or after, so I think that's a beneficial thing about the setting, it allows for more flexibility. Nevermind the fact that the cities have dealt with a fair amount of natural disasters, namely Kingston, which gives them excuses to add stuff that wasn't there considering it suffered from a fire in 1882 and an earthquake which destroyed most historical buildings in 1907. So it works in their favor.

projectpat06
06-03-2013, 04:18 AM

Why do the same thing over and over again?? The American setting was a great change of pace. The cities were my favorite solely bc the roofs. I mean for once it felt like running on rooftops instead of just more flat surfaces that's the exact same as the ground....BORING. And why not save the awesome setting of the French revolution for say...hmm...next gen consoles where they can really create something new and spectacular?

Pretty sure we'll see if in the near future considering Ac is an annual release. Isn't the Kenway saga supposed to be a trilogy anyways?

ArabianFrost
06-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Why do the same thing over and over again?? The American setting was a great change of pace. The cities were my favorite solely bc the roofs. I mean for once it felt like running on rooftops instead of just more flat surfaces that's the exact same as the ground....BORING. And why not save the awesome setting of the French revolution for say...hmm...next gen consoles where they can really create something new and spectacular?

Pretty sure we'll see if in the near future considering Ac is an annual release. Isn't the Kenway saga supposed to be a trilogy anyways?

With AC, everything is a trilogy.

LoyalACFan
06-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Isn't the Kenway saga supposed to be a trilogy anyways?

Hard to say. On one hand, you could say AC4 completes full trilogy (since we have the stories of Edward, Haytham and Connor), or you could argue that a trilogy is comprised of three games, not three ancestors.

projectpat06
06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Hard to say. On one hand, you could say AC4 completes full trilogy (since we have the stories of Edward, Haytham and Connor), or you could argue that a trilogy is comprised of three games, not three ancestors.

Could be possible for jenny to have a son or grandson who's in the next game.....French Rev?

andre982d
06-03-2013, 05:45 PM
http://4put.ru/pictures/max/227/700047.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/240/737455.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/240/737454.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/248/762027.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/249/765770.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/248/763750.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/524/1611080.jpg

LoyalACFan
06-03-2013, 07:51 PM
http://4put.ru/pictures/max/240/737454.jpg

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/248/762027.jpg

These two are quite good :D

montagemik
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
These two are quite good :D

To be fair - i'm just seeing Ezio in french styled clothing mostly (like AC-R had turkish design elements)

GreySkellig
06-04-2013, 01:47 AM
French Revolution would have been the better alternative to American revolution. But at this point, I think it probably won't happen. A 3rd 18th century game would be one too many. And I'm sure people will say "Yeah, but we had three games in the 15th century." Yes. We did. And depending on who you ask, one or two of them sucked. (Brotherhood is my nemesis.) If we could go back in time and set AC3 in the French Revolution, sure. But the genie is sort of out of the bottle.