PDA

View Full Version : HotV Kelthor 4/2/1 - My thoughts

ValsRahl
06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Back to old school hero!

Mostly becouse I dont have yet new champ that I wanted most, decided to go and revisit Kelthor.

This is my version for HotV :

http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/4091/

Main difference is jumping for 2 Magic, which unlock for us Lightning Stike - improved version of old school Fire Bolt - which lead me to dropping Mana Storm Events.

I replaced MS events with Blind Arbiters x2 and Week of Mercenaries x 2.
First one is put mostly, becouse it can rarely hurt me and sometimes it might stop those pesky control/stall decks ( if I get 2 more copies I might put 4 of them ).
And WoM is put only to fill the spot with something that might hurt me, but should hurt more my enemy ( I really dont like it, but cant find other viable option ).

At last I managed to get missing cards from Base Set/VR (Pao and some others), and I put some new ones too - War Oliphant and Blackskull Skullsmasher.

Oli is the missing key that was replaced before HotV with Centaurs/Goblins/Caretaker (which didnt fit well) ... and our new friend is awesome addition!
Smasher was put only becouse I got 2 spare slots and i didnt want (yet) try to jump into 5 Might ... plus he is nice silver bulllet for all decks using ongoing spells.

Rest of the deck is almost similiat to what we had before HotV.

Of course im still testing it and might change a lot (thinking about jumping into 5 might creatures mostly).

Suggestion and comments please!

LordOfCrimson
06-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I like your deck very much, but I don`t like the Spellsmasher ... I thought about putting Bramble beasts in my deck, but IDK yet. They are only good as a sac. The elephant thing is REALY amazing in a Kelthor and Acamas deck. I am a rusher and I am testing now Acamas and it seems to me that Acamas will be faster now than Kelthor. At least I think Acamas is a better rusher for now than Kelthor. I need many many things to test, but what did you show here is really good. Keep the fine job. Cheers.

DragoAskani
06-02-2013, 02:10 AM
I like it, I was thinking of doing something similiar but also fitting in some Stampedes maybe to use as a Lightening bolt on the enemy hp.

pinball1973
06-02-2013, 04:34 AM
I have just found out the spell only require 2magic HAHAHA.