PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want an Assassin Creed Origin Story?

STDlyMcStudpants
05-30-2013, 02:30 AM
If so, would you want it leading up to the end of the last civilization (futuristic setting but set in the past) or at the beginning of the new civilization? (bare world trying to rebuild)
Perhaps you just want flashes of it like we got in AC Brotherhood?
A back and fourth like Revelations?
Or do you want Ubi to just forget about Adam and Eve completely??

http://i42.tinypic.com/5lwao5.jpg

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 02:40 AM
No. Now that Desmond's dead, I'm done with all the stupid milked-out meta-stories that they've failed to deliver on, and I sure as hell don't want it to go full science fiction with a whole game about the First Civilization. I'd rather they just pick a real historical setting, and focus on making that as great as they can. Reconstructing history is what AC is about.

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 02:44 AM
No

Megas_Doux
05-30-2013, 02:53 AM
Yes, focusing in Mesopotamia, aka Sumeria/Assyrian/Babylon, as the origins of the "modern" organizations of both orders, and having Adam and Eve flashbacks similar to Altair┤s ones.

Sargon the Great could easily be the first "modern" templar.......

joey-4321_web
05-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Maybe a dlc

STDlyMcStudpants
05-30-2013, 05:29 AM
Maybe a dlc

I wouldnt mind a DLC like Blood Dragon where its released as its own little spin off game.

shobhit7777777
05-30-2013, 06:13 AM
No

If they refocus on the sci-fi nonsense again.....I'll be pissed

How pissed?

This pissed:

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/6/60/Batman_Zur_En_Arrh_002.jpg

I'd lose it

You think the Hulk has anger issues?

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 06:20 AM
With the way they handled the sci-fi mumbo jumbo? No.

RinoTheBouncer
05-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't mind any good game as long as it's canon.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't neccesarily want a TWCB game. But if they focused their full attention on that sort of game they could handle it much better and make it more intriguing. The reason it was handled badly in current games is because they had too much on their plate already regarding the story.

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
If they could do it properly, yes. But they cannot. Have no faith whatsoever in them pulling it off.

Besides its just like giving the Prince of Persia a name, or giving Doctor Who a name, if you know what it is there is no mystery. If we get a game that shows the first civ as not as magical/sci fi as we all probably expect, then the mystery is gone.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-30-2013, 09:40 PM
If they could do it properly, yes. But they cannot. Have no faith whatsoever in them pulling it off.

Besides its just like giving the Prince of Persia a name, or giving Doctor Who a name, if you know what it is there is no mystery. If we get a game that shows the first civ as not as magical/sci fi as we all probably expect, then the mystery is gone.

Well yes but, I thin k its fair to say Assassins Creed is nearing its end...time to pull of the cloak dont you think?

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Well yes but, I thin k its fair to say Assassins Creed is nearing its end...time to pull of the cloak dont you think?

Why would you think that? They've already passed the original 2012 deadline and kept going, so if people keep buying, what's to stop them?

joey-4321_web
05-30-2013, 10:55 PM
If we get a game that shows the first civ as not as magical/sci fi as we all probably expect, then the mystery is gone.

If they made a game about the first civ, why would it not be magical/sci fi?

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 10:58 PM
If they made a game about the first civ, why would it not be magical/sci fi?

I just don't think the devs would be able to pull it off in that way. And they had guns then too...

SixKeys
05-30-2013, 11:11 PM
They could do something similar to the Alta´r segments in Revelations. The main story would be about some historical assassin in our human world and then there could be a side plot involving the destruction of the First Civ where we played as Adam or Eve.

GreySkellig
05-31-2013, 12:53 AM
They could do something similar to the Alta´r segments in Revelations. The main story would be about some historical assassin in our human world and then there could be a side plot involving the destruction of the First Civ where we played as Adam or Eve.

THIS I would be okay with. In honesty, all I want is a decent modern sequence. I have never enjoyed a Desmond mission. Ever. They're easy, boring and distracting from what is--from a gameplay perspective--the main story. For that reason, they've never given me that sort of refreshing break they seem meant to. A flash backward to First Civ (trying to save humans, close a vault, etc.) with real challenge and an interesting environment, would be worthwhile in my book.

That said, I'd want it to be pretty sparse. The only thing I think would make it fun is the novelty of it. Plus, as mentioned, it would sort of ruin the mystery of it. I want just enough gameplay to make those events, and in parallel the modern stakes, seem serious.

Do I think Ubi will do it? Maybe. Can they do it well? Lord no.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 02:10 AM
THIS I would be okay with. In honesty, all I want is a decent modern sequence. I have never enjoyed a Desmond mission. Ever. They're easy, boring and distracting from what is--from a gameplay perspective--the main story. For that reason, they've never given me that sort of refreshing break they seem meant to. A flash backward to First Civ (trying to save humans, close a vault, etc.) with real challenge and an interesting environment, would be worthwhile in my book.

That said, I'd want it to be pretty sparse. The only thing I think would make it fun is the novelty of it. Plus, as mentioned, it would sort of ruin the mystery of it. I want just enough gameplay to make those events, and in parallel the modern stakes, seem serious.

Do I think Ubi will do it? Maybe. Can they do it well? Lord no.
I never liked the modern day part either...I did enjoy the story..but interacting with its world..not at all.
I wish they wouldve just kept it at cut scenes. -_-
I dont want them putting syfy into the game play...but a nice opening scene with adam or eve talking about what happened..the run into the building naked..everything crumbles..he speaks about them having to rebuild and adam and eve have a son that grows up to be an assassin or something like that
and we play as the 2nd generation assassin instead of the first (adam) :D

joey-4321_web
05-31-2013, 02:54 AM
I never liked the modern day part either...I did enjoy the story..but interacting with its world..not at all.
I dont want them putting syfy into the game play...but a nice opening scene with adam or eve talking about what happened..the run into the building naked..everything crumbles..he speaks about them having to rebuild and adam and eve have a son that grows up to be an assassin or something like that

I loved the modern day parts, they were like the real world segments of the matrix. Especially in AC3, fighting without the prompts and guns for the first time was kind of a shock. It's why I started playing without the HUD in whatever game it would work in.

montagemik
05-31-2013, 07:32 AM

Would be utterly pointless having an 'Origin' / 1st Civ era Story without sci-fi elements .
I Doubt the 1st Civ fought against the rebellion with only Harsh words & Apples .
I also Doubt the first 'Generation' or two of free humans were exactly skilled Assassins .......................

Probably why they only ever show small portions of the 1st Civ era as Cutscenes - It's a back story not really suitable as an AC game scenario IMHO .

SixKeys
05-31-2013, 08:23 AM
I also Doubt the first 'Generation' or two of free humans were exactly skilled Assassins .......................

Probably why they only ever show small portions of the 1st Civ era as Cutscenes - It's a back story not really suitable as an AC game scenario IMHO .

We got several segments in ACR where Alta´r could barely move because he was an old man. The 'meat' in those scenes came from other elements, like using the Apple to call upon "ghost" assassins or exploring the library. The First Civ segments could work the same way: even if Adam and Eve were the first and thus not as skilled as assassins as later generations, the segments could be used to show us other things while still controlling them as playable characters. For example sneaking through the slave quarters trying not to get caught (because you'd be too weak to fight your masters). It would let us explore the world a bit and see the conditions humans were living in at the time.

montagemik
05-31-2013, 08:29 AM
We got several segments in ACR where Alta´r could barely move because he was an old man. The 'meat' in those scenes came from other elements, like using the Apple to call upon "ghost" assassins or exploring the library. The First Civ segments could work the same way: even if Adam and Eve were the first and thus not as skilled as assassins as later generations, the segments could be used to show us other things while still controlling them as playable characters. For example sneaking through the slave quarters trying not to get caught (because you'd be too weak to fight your masters). It would let us explore the world a bit and see the conditions humans were living in at the time.

So an AC game where we either have little combat or Combat via Apple power .........................

as i said ..........."not really suitable as an AC game scenario IMHO ."

SixKeys
05-31-2013, 10:17 AM
So an AC game where we either have little combat or Combat via Apple power .........................

Like I said, these segments would be inbetween the historical assassin stuff, just like in ACR. It didn't bother me when Alta´r couldn't do combat in the last couple of segments because it fit the story. You could have plenty of fighting and freerunning everywhere else in the game and then First Civ flashbacks for some extra mystery.

projectpat06
05-31-2013, 04:52 PM

If they stopped making AC games before they made a french revolution game, I'd be effing pissed. I think depending on how well watchdogs does, Assassin's creed may take a break to reboot and perfect everything for next gen. I'm pretty sure the who juno thing will be continued so we prob will learn more about the first Civ. After all, the games will still have the pieces of Eden.

warner4692
05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
No. They had a good thing going with the First Civilization plot, but they've destroyed it now. Having Juno turn out to be a traitor is the final, generic insult. No more.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 06:25 PM

Dont talk about AC 1 like that ;D

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-31-2013, 07:33 PM

Why would you think that? They've already passed the original 2012 deadline and kept going, so if people keep buying, what's to stop them?

IDK maybe the fact that they're already to far gone:confused: There's sooo mamy loose ends an side stories that they couldnt possible connect it all. I'll give it two more main games an then they should stop

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 08:42 PM
I have a good idea for how this could work pretty well. Remember AC2's glyphs that unlocked parts of the video? Well, how about make it something like that, just that you'd solve a short puzzle and then rather than unlock a piece of a video you unlock a short mission? And also have a few mandatory missions during the main storyline. How would that work? The most important elements of the first civilization would be explored in the main story, but there would be some parts that would feel like loose ends in the main story, and you'd hunt for the glyphs to unlock the missions that tie those loose ends. I think that could work really well.

pacmanate
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
They have GUNS. Plasma guns

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 08:50 PM
They have GUNS. Plasma guns

But the true question is, do they have a BFG9000?
And will there be a Cyberdemon? Protip, to kill it, shoot it until it dies

LoyalACFan
05-31-2013, 09:30 PM
IDK maybe the fact that they're already to far gone:confused: There's sooo mamy loose ends an side stories that they couldnt possible connect it all. I'll give it two more main games an then they should stop

They forgot about all those loose ends a long time ago. Almost the entire creative staff has changed since the first game. IMO it's time to just let all that crap go and start focusing on telling us stories about historical assassins... period. They can make as many games as they want that way, without people getting frustrated with the ongoing story arc (because there won't be one). They can still use the Animus as a framework, but I'm getting sick and tired of all the cryptic breadcrumb-trails they've been leaving behind that lead to nothing.

EarthlyStudio1
05-31-2013, 11:46 PM
I have been waiting for an origin story since Assassins Creed 2. I would love to see the first civilization in action and how they worked, etc. It would be amazing!

They forgot about all those loose ends a long time ago. Almost the entire creative staff has changed since the first game. IMO it's time to just let all that crap go and start focusing on telling us stories about historical assassins... period. They can make as many games as they want that way, without people getting frustrated with the ongoing story arc (because there won't be one). They can still use the Animus as a framework, but I'm getting sick and tired of all the cryptic breadcrumb-trails they've been leaving behind that lead to nothing.

So what you're saying is that they shouldn't stay true to what they started in the beginning and change up their story completely to where the apple of eden or any of that ever existed, even though they made it clear that most assassins had connections with the apple and the first civilization? K. If they do that I'm out for good.