PDA

View Full Version : Replay Saves

TuProk
05-29-2013, 01:24 AM
I did a little bit of searching and found no mention of saving replays of games. With the mention of Spectator mode, being able to save and watch replays would open up a great means of sharing game strategies/show off combos. I feel like it could open up great internet communities etc. Often I jump on for a quick game and don't feel like setting up my stream and the game ends up being one I wish to share with my friends. Sure you could say that's my fault for being lazy (and I'd agree to some degree) but I think a "Save Replay" button would be pretty easy to implement and would be well worth the effort. Often times when I was a new player watching streams I would see a card played. not know what it was and just chalk it up to "well whatever" and not learn what happened. If I was able to watch replays in spectator mode it would be a much better experience being able to pause and read the description of cards I don't know.

tldr; Make a way to save replays of games.

Comments?

Dsolz
05-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Check the link out
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761414-QUICK-GUIDE-watch-replays-%28new%29

Do note that not it does not works 100%
I could watch replay on one computer but could not on another. Not sure what was the cause yet.

TuProk
05-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks very much I did not know about this.
But at the same time I think my suggestion is still valid as this isn't obvious and as you said may not work 100% of the time.
Thanks for the tip though.

UPDATE: Sadly I can not seem to get mine to play, it is good to see they already have a means of saving replays! I guess this post poses simply as a support for a semi-implemented feature. ;)

UPDATE2: After some fiddling I got one to play (some seem to work while others don't). and just to make the thread a bit more complete I'll say a bit on how the "current" (as this is obviously not a supported feature) system could be improved. omitting the obvious gui implementation.

- Step by step controls: make a list of events for every action that may be paged through manually (perhaps even a slider? for easy jumping to middle/end), being able to stop at any point and inspect any card, which leads to...
- See both players hands: this is sort of a given
- When not in step-by step use a "revised" timing so that turns that may have taken a user a long time to think through will go by in a timely fashion.