PDA

View Full Version : Which edition of Black Flag have you ordered?

i WiLL aM
05-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Just curious as to which edition of AC:IV you guys are getting.
I myself am thinking about pushing the boat out and deviating away from my normal pre-owned standard edition to pre-ordering the Skull Edition, however I'm going to wait until I see some more of the game at E3 until I decide for definite. If it looks good then I most probably will treat myself to the Skull Edition, but on the other hand if it seems disappointing, I will wait until it is released for some official reviews. What are you guys doing? :D

itsamea-mario
05-27-2013, 06:08 PM
None until i know when the PS4 will release.

montagemik
05-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Just curious as to which edition of AC:IV you guys are getting.
I myself am thinking about pushing the boat out and deviating away from my normal pre-owned standard edition to pre-ordering the Skull Edition, however I'm going to wait until I see some more of the game at E3 until I decide for definite. If it looks good then I most probably will treat myself to the Skull Edition, but on the other hand if it seems disappointing, I will wait until it is released for some official reviews. What are you guys doing? :D

SKULL edition only offers books & collectibles TBH .............Why would E3 gameplay influence THAT purchase over standard edition of the game ??? :confused:

& Is this Poll multiple choice or single option ??

pacmanate
05-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Waiting for PS4 price before I decide, but it will be standard edition, I don't think I can physically afford a £400 console and a £110 special edition for one game, when I can get 3 standard editions of games instead.

i WiLL aM
05-27-2013, 06:30 PM
SKULL edition only offers books & collectibles TBH .............Why would E3 gameplay influence THAT purchase over standard edition of the game ??? :confused:

& Is this Poll multiple choice or single option ??
I don't want to spend a lot of money on a game if it doesn't look like it's going to be that good (although it's looking pretty good at the moment). Therefore, I'd rather wait and see the outcome of the game at E3 than perhaps pre-order now and cancel later. Better safe than sorry.
The poll is single choice, I assumed not many people will be getting 2 different editions of the same game?

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Still waiting for Ubisoft to reveal the NA editions...

montagemik
05-27-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't want to spend a lot of money on a game if it doesn't look like it's going to be that good (although it's looking pretty good at the moment). Therefore, I'd rather wait and see the outcome of the game at E3 than perhaps pre-order now and cancel later. Better safe than sorry.
The poll is single choice, I assumed not many people will be getting 2 different editions of the same game?

I'm still missing your logic ...............IF it doesn't look that good at E3 , Why spend £40 Or £60 on any edition . The extras in Skull edition have little to do with gameplay.

Many people are multi-format these days for games . & Next gen multiplayer will be kinda limited numbers on AC4 compared to current gen.

silvermercy
05-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Waiting for PS4 price as well.

i WiLL aM
05-27-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm still missing your logic ...............IF it doesn't look that good at E3 , Why spend £40 Or £60 on any edition . The extras in Skull edition have little to do with gameplay.

Many people are multi-format these days for games . & Next gen multiplayer will be kinda limited numbers on AC4 compared to current gen.
As I said in the first post, in the unlikely event that it looks disappointing, then I will not be pre-ordering anything and will instead wait until it is released, so I can see if it is worth getting. Then I'll probably just get a 2nd hand copy. As a side note, I picked up brotherhood for £5 a couple days ago :)

Also, I find it amusing how many people have said they're waiting for the PS4 price, yet so far no-one has mentioned the Xbox One. Just goes to show :p

montagemik
05-27-2013, 07:12 PM
As I said in the first post, in the unlikely event that it looks disappointing, then I will not be pre-ordering anything and will instead wait until it is released, so I can see if it is worth getting. Then I'll probably just get a 2nd hand copy. As a side note, I picked up brotherhood for £5 a couple days ago :)

Also, I find it amusing how many people have said they're waiting for the PS4 price, yet so far no-one has mentioned the Xbox One. Just goes to show :p

There's probably a few people out there have NO CLUE that X-Box 1 even does Games ..........;)

rrebe
05-27-2013, 09:28 PM
the black chest edition for pc

SixKeys
05-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Not pre-ordering this year. Unless the reviews and fan reception are glowing, I will probably wait for a Steam sale.

Ureh
05-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Haven't pre-ordered since ACB and probably not this year either. Buying used or old, sealed stuff is good for my wallet. :)

FrankieSatt
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm not pre-ordering. Black Flag just isn't AC to me. It's more Ship Simulator than anything else. I might or not buy the game so there is no way I'm pre-ordering it. This dev team needs to do a better job on making an real AC game before I pre-order another one.

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm not pre-ordering. Black Flag just isn't AC to me. It's more Ship Simulator than anything else. I might or not buy the game so there is no way I'm pre-ordering it. This dev team needs to do a better job on making an real AC game before I pre-order another one.
where you been frank?? missed ya, man

You and your posts

FrankieSatt
05-28-2013, 02:50 AM
where you been frank?? missed ya, man

You and your posts

Nothing interesting in Black Flag for me. As I said, I might or might not buy the game, not even sure.

UbiSoft and this dev team have screwed up the AC franchise so much that I'm not even interested in it any more.

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Nothing interesting in Black Flag for me. As I said, I might or might not buy the game, not even sure.

UbiSoft and this dev team have screwed up the AC franchise so much that I'm not even interested in it any more.
Like I said....Missed ya, man and your posts.....your posts

Rugterwyper32
05-28-2013, 03:01 AM
I'll order the standard edition, Xbox360. Through Amazon, using courier service for it to get all the way here so that'll mean I have to wait quite a while to play the game anyway.
What a pain.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Hmm spend $70 at game stop for a preorder "exclusive" like i did for AC3 or wait until black friday (2 weeks later) buy for $40 and then have the option to go Season pass if I enjoy the game, or just buy it anyway to eventually get that "exclusive" for a total of $70
Guys, I beg of you
Learn from my mistake...do not pre order any game until they start including season passes with them.
we as loyalists deserve that!
That massive discount just 2 weeks after release felt like a giant slap to the face.
All pre orders should come with a season pass for all or any games, and heck we all know its because of the used game market..maybe start putting them in all new games too!
That goes out to everyone not just ubi lol

i WiLL aM
05-28-2013, 11:25 AM
I get where you're coming from, they do seem to have forgotten about the "Assassin" part of the game. There's still 5 months to go and we've already seen Edward without the iconic hood, which doesn't seem right when you think you always saw Altair with his hood on. Edward can have up to 4 guns, which is one of the least stealthy weapons etc etc. However, it still looks like an entertaining game to me, so I'll probably be getting it anyway and see how the story goes.

AssassinHMS
05-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately I can't pre-order an AC game because there are no assassin's creed games announced for this year (I think there was one announced last year but it turned out to be a lie).

montagemik
05-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Unfortunately I can't pre-order an AC game because there are no assassin's creed games announced for this year (I think there was one announced last year but it turned out to be a lie).

Shouldn't be a great deal for you to discuss on the forums around November then ......................I expect most people will be discussing Black flag on these boards.

GreySkellig
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM

Bummer. For good or ill, I don't think they're ever going back to a game like AC1--I'm truly sorry if you don't enjoy the new flavor of Assassin's Creed. I see where you're coming from, I'm just a little more okay with the changes.

Personally, I won't be pre-ordering. I couldn't anyway, because I'll be away for some time. but I typically don't pre-order AC games anyway. I wait until after reviews come in so I know I don't have a huge lemon on my hands.

flyin-bart
05-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Black Chest Edition for the PS3.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-28-2013, 06:48 PM

What exactly is assassins creed?
You cant say a stealth game because they didnt actually start highlighting stealth in the actual gameplay until Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood

In AC 1 they gave you option to pray and hide in hay stacks..you couldnt sneak around to kill any of your targets..sure you had to figure out a way to go, but no opportunities for stealth
AC 2 only added courtesans which also wasnt stealth, it was a distraction...which i dont really count as stealth at all....But they did have a few follow without being detected missions..which kind of counts
ACB is when they had hay stacks everywhere and you could cleverly kill people as you went through the castle for example, ACR had great stealth plots when you had to sneak to the top of a platform and perform an air assassination and when you had to sneak across the templar fort
heck AC 3 had more stealth option and stealth missions than AC 1 and AC 2 combined
So what is Assassins Creed?!
It's a game about Assassins..you know where you kill people and you happen to be a part of a brotherhood.
It's a group of assassins, nothing more nothing less.
If you kill from the front or the back, if they arent expecting it or preparing for it..its an assassination
it has nothing to do with setting or whether or not they have a ship.
You have a hidden blade, a hood and a burn on your finger?
You're a member of the creed.

So sick of people crying because devs are adding more variety to the game.
It was NEVER a stealth game first!
It was a kill and escape game and still is!

Even in the trailer for AC 1..Altair didnt secretly kill anyone, he emerged from a crowd and did it in front of everyone HOW THE CHECK IS THAT STEALTH?!

"Ugh theres cinematics tied to my game because its a successful series that can now afford it..this isnt assassins creed anymore..and oh how i hate how the game is linear when AC 1 had no penalties at all and i could run in a straight line to kill my target with one hit"
- People that like AC1 the best and hate everything else

Sushiglutton
05-28-2013, 06:52 PM
None, I don't pre-order games (almost) ever. It's a culture I feel is bad as it promotes marketing over quality and known IPs over innovation. I wish the pre-order culture would go away.

AssassinHMS
05-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Shouldn't be a great deal for you to discuss on the forums around November then ......................I expect most people will be discussing Black flag on these boards.

I'll be listening to how that pirate game turned out to be...and by then, the next instalment in the series will probably have been leaked anyway, so there will be plenty to discuss...

SixKeys
05-28-2013, 11:57 PM
What exactly is assassins creed?
You cant say a stealth game because they didnt actually start highlighting stealth in the actual gameplay until Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood

In AC 1 they gave you option to pray and hide in hay stacks..you couldnt sneak around to kill any of your targets..sure you had to figure out a way to go, but no opportunities for stealth

Umm, what? I managed to stealth-kill every single one of my targets in AC1 apart from Robert and Al Mualim.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Umm, what? I managed to stealth-kill every single one of my targets in AC1 apart from Robert and Al Mualim.

How? There was no blending unless you went up to them like /o_o\ playing peekaboo
You were never told to kill your targets without being detected...stealth was never highlighted in the game other than the "gather info" missions,,,

ProletariatPleb
05-29-2013, 12:26 AM
How? There was no blending unless you went up to them like /o_o\ playing peekaboo
You were never told to kill your targets without being detected...stealth was never highlighted in the game other than the "gather info" missions,,,
Lol you're saying you didn't know you can kill almost everyone stealthily in AC1?

SixKeys
05-29-2013, 12:43 AM

You were never explicitly told to kill your targets steathily because you had a choice. Apparently you never realized this was the case and just went nuts killing everybody in the vicinity. You could be stealthy with each target if you wanted to.

Example: Sibrand = Use the left side of the docks to sneak up to the boat, watch his movements and line of sight from afar. When he turns away, jump on the boat, stealth-assassinate.

Example: Garnier = Use the moving monk groups to blend in and follow Garnier until he stops to talk to one of his patients. Backstab, boom.

Example: William de Montferrat = Approach from the rooftops, dispose of the archers (the map you get from one of the investigations details the archers' exact patrol patterns), climb down the wall behind William when he's busy at his desk, backstab.

I would like to add the correction that Talal was another target whom it was impossible to sneak up on. There were still more ways than one to kill him, though.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 01:24 AM
You were never explicitly told to kill your targets steathily because you had a choice. Apparently you never realized this was the case and just went nuts killing everybody in the vicinity. You could be stealthy with each target if you wanted to.

Example: Sibrand = Use the left side of the docks to sneak up to the boat, watch his movements and line of sight from afar. When he turns away, jump on the boat, stealth-assassinate.

Example: Garnier = Use the moving monk groups to blend in and follow Garnier until he stops to talk to one of his patients. Backstab, boom.

Example: William de Montferrat = Approach from the rooftops, dispose of the archers (the map you get from one of the investigations details the archers' exact patrol patterns), climb down the wall behind William when he's busy at his desk, backstab.

I would like to add the correction that Talal was another target whom it was impossible to sneak up on. There were still more ways than one to kill him, though.

I do go blade crazy...but i didnt sneak up on a single soul lol
None were threatening so i didnt have an urge to be careful :D

SixKeys
05-29-2013, 01:48 AM
I do go blade crazy...but i didnt sneak up on a single soul lol
None were threatening so i didnt have an urge to be careful :D

Then I guess you have never used stealth in any AC game, since no target has ever been threatening.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Then I guess you have never used stealth in any AC game, since no target has ever been threatening.
They started forcing stealth in AC 2 for certain Assassinations so, yes..yes i have lol

montagemik
05-29-2013, 09:21 AM
They started forcing stealth in AC 2 for certain Assassinations so, yes..yes i have lol

LOL , Only using stealth 'when it's forced on you' in a game series where YOU play as an Assassin ..........Is more a fault of the player than the game .
AC-1 Rarely orders stealth - But the whole story & concept of the Creed pretty much implies it .

But i suppose if it's not directly ordered & mindless Run & Gun with hack & slash is permitted ................Then the mindless playstyle may prevail for many people.
An outfit does not an Assassin make .

Farlander1991
05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
LOL , Only using stealth 'when it's forced on you' in a game series where YOU play as an Assassin ..........Is more a fault of the player than the game

I don't entirely agree with that statement. Well, the 'more a fault of the player than the game' part.

It's like in the conversation about the counter-attack, some people say, 'Well, if you think it's too powerful then don't use it', and I think that's not a good argument. If it's there, why should I restrict myself from using it? It's a design flaw.

Same with the way stealth is handled in AC1. Yes, there is a choice, which is awesome. But the stealth approach, which is more time consuming, requires more skill and patience than the 'run in guns blazing' approach, doesn't provide for any advantages, rewards, or anything besides intrinsic feeling of self-satisfaction. While that's all nice and good, it is, by all means, a design flaw. Because the question posed is: why use stealth if you can just battle your way in and results are going to be exactly the same?

Choice by itself is not enough. AC1 does not have any kind of risk vs. reward system in place. It could be something just on the mechanics level, something as basic as 'battling is more risky but less time consuming', and 'stealth is more time consuming but less risky', but due to the mechanic balance with combat being not risky at all, it's not.

ProletariatPleb
05-29-2013, 09:30 AM
^ Perhaps that needs a change, but forcing it doesn't make it so.

Farlander1991
05-29-2013, 09:32 AM
^ Perhaps that needs a change, but forcing it doesn't make it so.

Oh, I agree. I think desynchronization on detection is one of the worst additions in AC2. And I REALLY hope they are going to get rid of it in AC4. Really hope that.

(Though, I guess in some situations it may be a necessary evil :( )

montagemik
05-29-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't entirely agree with that statement. Well, the 'more a fault of the player than the game' part.

It's like in the conversation about the counter-attack, some people say, 'Well, if you think it's too powerful then don't use it', and I think that's not a good argument. If it's there, why should I restrict myself from using it? It's a design flaw.

Same with the way stealth is handled in AC1. Yes, there is a choice, which is awesome. But the stealth approach, which is more time consuming, requires more skill and patience than the 'run in guns blazing' approach, doesn't provide for any advantages, rewards, or anything besides intrinsic feeling of self-satisfaction. While that's all nice and good, it is, by all means, a design flaw. Because the question posed is: why use stealth if you can just battle your way in and results are going to be exactly the same?

Choice by itself is not enough. AC1 does not have any kind of risk vs. reward system in place. It could be something just on the mechanics level, something as basic as 'battling is more risky but less time consuming', and 'stealth is more time consuming but less risky', but due to the mechanic balance with combat being not risky at all, it's not.

Should a Character in an Assassin game NEED any reward incentive for completing a mission using Stealth over public battles & mass mayhem - other than self satisfaction of playing more like an Assassin & not a mercenary killer at the first sign of a guard ?
( wasn't Altair pretty much demoted for acting in this way ? - bringing attention to the order & reckless violence :confused:)

As i said - We're an Assassin , Stealth is implied...............& possible in all AC games .

Farlander1991
05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Should a Character in an Assassin game NEED any reward incentive for completing a mission using Stealth over public battles & mass mayhem

Character - no, player - yes.

( wasn't Altair pretty much demoted for acting in this way ? - bringing attention to the order & reckless violence http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/confused.png)

And yet you can continue to act that way in gameplay and still get back to the highest rank. See the dissonance? (although, in defense of the game, the Animus kinda cheats away around it... just because we killed 1000s of guards in the game doesn't mean the ancestor actually killed 1000s of guards...)

But it still was an immersion breaking point for a lot of people when AC1 was released. 'What's the point of stealth when face-on approach provides the same results?' - that question was asked many times. And it's a legitimate question.

Now, I'm not saying that feeling of self-satisfaction is worthless. But - you can do pretty much anything for the feeling of self-satisfaction, it's not a sign of good design, AND for many lot the feeling of self-satisfaction is not enough.

montagemik
05-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Character - no, player - yes.

And yet you can continue to act that way in gameplay and still get back to the highest rank. See the dissonance? (although, in defense of the game, the Animus kinda cheats away around it... just because we killed 1000s of guards in the game doesn't mean the ancestor actually killed 1000s of guards...)

But it still was an immersion breaking point for a lot of people when AC1 was released. 'What's the point of stealth when face-on approach provides the same results?' - that question was asked many times. And it's a legitimate question.

Now, I'm not saying that feeling of self-satisfaction is worthless. But - you can do pretty much anything for the feeling of self-satisfaction, it's not a sign of good design

, AND for many lot the feeling of self-satisfaction is not enough.

And my question has been the same since AC-1 , What's the point of playing an Assassin game if open combat will be your chosen solution to mission completion ??
There're a multitude of games to play hack & slash hero already ...................

If people had those views since AC-1 , why STILL continue playing a game series that departed further from AC-1's stealth approach to gameplay with each title ??

Anybody asked the Devs how they think the games should be played overall .................Stealth assassin approach or Rogue mercenary kills every guard on sight ?
(However they implement game mechanics , personally i try the assassin approach in an Assassin's Creed game ............... I'll play like a mercenary killer in other games instead. )

Playerbase comments in general ask for many things - to make combat & gameplay mechanics more complex & satisfying ...........And yet equally in numbers complain other elements are 'Difficult' / frustrating .
I Doubt complex anything would please Many who frequently demand it from each AC title ................They want to feel like gaming gods with nothing being actually difficult in reality .

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Should a Character in an Assassin game NEED any reward incentive for completing a mission using Stealth over public battles & mass mayhem - other than self satisfaction of playing more like an Assassin & not a mercenary killer at the first sign of a guard ?
( wasn't Altair pretty much demoted for acting in this way ? - bringing attention to the order & reckless violence :confused:)

As i said - We're an Assassin , Stealth is implied...............& possible in all AC games .

as·sas·sin
/əˈsasin/
Noun
A murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

To be an Assassins is to murder by surprise in name of religion or politics.
Stealth and surprise are not the same words. :)

sur·prise
/sə(r)ˈprīz/
Noun
An unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.

stealth
/stelTH/
Noun
Cautious and surreptitious action or movement.

Do you have to hide in the shadows to surprise a woman with a proposal?
No
Just as you do not need to hide in the shadows to surprise a templar with a hidden blade.

montagemik
05-29-2013, 06:48 PM
as·sas·sin
/əˈsasin/
Noun
A murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

To be an Assassins is to murder by surprise in name of religion or politics.
Stealth and surprise are not the same words. :)

sur·prise
/sə(r)ˈprīz/
Noun
An unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.

stealth
/stelTH/
Noun
Cautious and surreptitious action or movement.

Do you have to hide in the shadows to surprise a woman with a proposal?
No
Just as you do not need to hide in the shadows to surprise a templar with a hidden blade.

Good use of the Dictionary --------------- You should maybe look up the meaning of 'IMPLIED' .................& think about the context it's used in .

I said "we're an Assassin ...............Stealth is implied " ( Assassin's Creed - Do you even know the tennets of this game you're following ? )

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Good use of the Dictionary --------------- You should maybe look up the meaning of 'IMPLIED' .................& think about the context it's used in .

I said "we're an Assassin ...............Stealth is implied " ( Assassin's Creed - Do you even know the tennets of this game you're following ? )

Assassin does not IMPLY the word stealth at all!
It implies assassinating - killing a target for what you believe is a greater cause
I gave oyu the definition of Assassin and it uses the word SURPRISE not stealth....

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 05:01 AM
It implies assassinating - killing a target for what you believe is a greater cause
I gave oyu the definition of Assassin and it uses the word SURPRISE not stealth....
So..let's see........... how exactly does this make it unique? Based on the stupid dictionary definition there is no difference between this and any other game which involves killing(which is a lot).

STDlyMcStudpants
05-30-2013, 05:25 AM
So..let's see........... how exactly does this make it unique? Based on the stupid dictionary definition there is no difference between this and any other game which involves killing(which is a lot).

Dictionaries aren't stupid...
If you kill by surprise for political or religious purposes, you are an assassin....

DmytriE
05-30-2013, 05:34 AM
After the disappointment of AC3 and the glitches that I encountered I will wait until I see both IGN, Gamespot and actually player reviews. I can only hope that if a glitch / bug is found to fix it before the actual release. Ubisoft developers, please take your time developing and fixing these problems. Minor glitches not only ruin the enjoyment of the game but also the story. I still enjoyed the overall story and can't wait until 10/29/2013 for the next game -- I believe I got the date right. :o

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 05:44 AM
After the disappointment of AC3 and the glitches that I encountered I will wait until I see both IGN, Gamespot and actually player reviews. I can only hope that if a glitch / bug is found to fix it before the actual release. Ubisoft developers, please take your time developing and fixing these problems. Minor glitches not only ruin the enjoyment of the game but also the story. I still enjoyed the overall story and can't wait until 10/29/2013 for the next game -- I believe I got the date right. :o
there will be glitches...no game on earth is without glitches...Open world games are the most ones with glitches..if you cannot accept that, just quit gaming, because GTA IV and Red dead redemption had glitches....both taking a LONG time to develop...much longer than AC

monster_rambo
05-30-2013, 06:11 AM
If you kill by surprise for political or religious purposes, you are an assassin....

i completely agree with you. This is the only reason why I want to play Assassin's Creed is so that I can engage in an open conflict, dodge bullets, takedown 50 enemies, assassinating my target in the process while looking cool doing it.

monster_rambo
05-30-2013, 06:13 AM

I know right. I think those fanboys are definitely going to disagree with you but is about getting the job done. It doesn't matter if the target is alerted by your presence as long as you can catch up to him and kill him. And besides I can takedown all the enemies in the way without losing health. Exactly what Assassin's Creed should be about.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-30-2013, 07:16 AM

Lol...oh IGN...you know we are going to get that scotish RPG woman again that hates everything american and hates everything without leveling systems reviewing it xD
I cant stand her lol

AssassinHMS
05-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Lol...oh IGN...you know we are going to get that scotish RPG woman again that hates everything american and hates everything without leveling systems reviewing it xD
I cant stand her lol

I didn't like her AC3 review. I waited for the reviews to buy AC3 and overall she gave a very good score but she failed to say many critical aspects about the game. The only bad things she said about AC3 were that it wasn't allways consistent, that it had a few stale moments, that it focused a little bit more on combat than previous titles and that it kept the player in a short leash. If those were the only problems I probably wouldn't even be here in this forum. Did she played other AC games? Did she even played AC3? If so, how could she say the combat was satisfying and great due to a new big variety of weapons? Why didn't she say the gameplay was all action and explosions? Why didn't she say it didn't feel like an assassin's creed game (useless hidden blade, bad stealth, crappy AI, no Creed, awfull main assassinations, not a single good side mission about assassinating, no music, empty world, all quantity but no quality...)? How could someone like her (a casual player) be able to review a game like AC3 (where the problem is exactly that it is casual)?

montagemik
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM

No , Dictionaries aren't Stupid .....................But if the person using it is stupid - you have similar results .

I Said look up the word 'implied' in regards to Assassin's Creed /Stealth . ( you seem obsessed with Surprise/Assassin words instead :rolleyes:)
LEARN The basic rules of the Assassin order since AC-1 ............ Then carry on your fantasy that 'Stealth' has nothing to do with being an Assassin in AC games.
Casuals are happier to play it like it's GTA - mass mayhem at first sign of a group of enemies, play a couple of games in full & dream up a ton of changes they'd like for their version of AC.
Advising what the series needs , when the basic concept of being an Assassin in this series isn't even Understood is frankly laughable .
(& perhaps these guys haven't even played the full series completely...........But somehow know enough to re-write the core aspects to suit their own ideas)

Stealth is very much implied by the series title - Always has been , & therefore is expected in any AC game.

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 09:45 AM
No , Dictionaries aren't Stupid .....................But if the person using it is stupid - you have similar results .
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/552/175/b6b.gif

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 09:45 AM
I didn't like her AC3 review. I waited for the reviews to buy AC3 and overall she gave a very good score but she failed to say many critical aspects about the game. The only bad things she said about AC3 were that it wasn't allways consistent, that it had a few stale moments, that it focused a little bit more on combat than previous titles and that it kept the player in a short leash. If those were the only problems I probably wouldn't even be here in this forum. Did she played other AC games? Did she even played AC3? If so, how could she say the combat was satisfying and great due to a new big variety of weapons? Why didn't she say the gameplay was all action and explosions? Why didn't she say it didn't feel like an assassin's creed game (useless hidden blade, bad stealth, crappy AI, no Creed, awfull main assassinations, not a single good side mission about assassinating, no music, empty world, all quantity but no quality...)? How could someone like her (a casual player) be able to review a game like AC3 (where the problem is exactly that it is casual)?

All these you hated I actually liked. :| (only thing I'd agree with is the lack of ambient music plus I'd add some more Native interactions to the game).
Basically I think she gave a very fair review.

Perhaps I liked it because I'm also (relatively) casual? Why do some hardcore gamers think the gaming world only revolves around them? I will never know...

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM
All these you hated I actually liked. :| (only thing I'd agree with is the lack of ambient music plus I'd add some more Native interactions to the game).
Basically I think she gave a very fair review.

Perhaps I liked it because I'm also (relatively) casual? Why do hardcore gamers think the gaming world only revolves around them? I will never know...
missy? can you hear me? Ah, good...to that person, anyone who liked AC III is a casual....that includes a hardcore gamer like myself ^_^

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 09:53 AM
missy? can you hear me? Ah, good...to that person, anyone who liked AC III is a casual....that includes a hardcore gamer like myself ^_^
Ah yes, we are all casuals if we like AC3...

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Perhaps I liked it because I'm also (relatively) casual? Why do some hardcore gamers think the gaming world only revolves around them? I will never know...
Because we prefer hardcore games remain hardcore and casual remain casual and not try to be each other.

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Because we prefer hardcore games remain hardcore and casual remain casual and not try to be each other.
Sure, I agree. It's just that talking about "casuals" as if they're some kind of lower class of gamer and, thus, their opinions or reviews are not valid just because of that fact is not very mature or wise. They're valid as everyone else's.

Plus, I believe it's casuals who provide the bigger market.

montagemik
05-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Sure, I agree. It's just that talking about "casuals" as if they're some kind of lower class of gamer and, thus, their opinions or reviews are not valid just because of that fact is not very mature or wise. They're valid as everyone else's.

Yep , Casuals provide the 'bigger market' for most franchises ...................& also over time lead to many franchises becoming diluted versions of what originally made them successful .:nonchalance:

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Yep , Casuals provide the 'bigger market' for most franchises ...................& also over time lead to many franchises becoming diluted versions of what originally made them successful .:nonchalance:
If they keep selling though, dilution will never be a big problem.

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 10:17 AM
It won't be a problem for said company, but it will be problem for said the core, mid-core fans as well as the industry. We already have 1 Cancer on Duty series killing the industry don't need more.

AssassinHMS
05-30-2013, 10:18 AM

Oh no, they're not low class gamers but just like the pigs should stay in the piggery, they shouldn't invade AC (and AC shouldn't invite them, at least not any further)

Just because pop music is everywhere doesn't mean it should be or that it is good.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM

It's entirely the companys responsibility whether they 'pander' to casuals. There are plenty of games which attract both sides, think GTA for example. It's never the players fault if a franchise messes up, that is comletely ludacris.

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh no, they're not low class gamers but just like the pigs should stay in the piggery, they shouldn't invade AC (and AC shouldn't invite them, at least not any further)

Just because pop music is everywhere doesn't mean it should be or that it is good.
You've just compared casuals to pigs... Okaaayy..... :|

Also, with your pop music example (pop happens to be my fave genre actually) you make it sound like pop music is bad just because YOU don't like it. Presenting your opinions as facts, again, just as you did in the "don't buy black flag" thread.

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
It's entirely the companys responsibility whether they 'pander' to casuals. There are plenty of games which attract both sides, think GTA for example. It's never the players fault if a franchise messes up, that is comletely ludacris.
Agreed.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM

AC Was never hardcore, people can play what they want if it appeals to them. Upon my discovery of Assassins Creed I thought: "wow, looks great". Not "oooh looks good but I may invade the series with my treachrous casualness and upset the supreme hardcore elders".

AssassinHMS
05-30-2013, 10:25 AM
You've just compared casuals to pigs... Okaaayy..... :|

Also, with your pop music example (pop happens to be my fave genre actually) you make it sound like pop music is bad just because YOU don't like it. Presenting your opinions as facts, again, just as you did in the "don't buy black flag" thread.

I didn't say it was bad, I said the fact that it is everywhere doesn't make it good just like the fact casual gamers are everywhere doesn't mean they should or that it is good for said franchises.

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 10:26 AM
I didn't say it was bad, I said the fact that it is everywhere doesn't make it good just like the fact casual gamers are everywhere doesn't mean they should or that it is good for said franchises.
I said that's how you made it sound like.

And, also... we're pigs. :|

montagemik
05-30-2013, 10:27 AM

LOL - That's exactly the attitude that kills franchises over time . Ultimate sales becomes the target - bolstered by the mass casuals ....................
Rather than a profitable highly successful franchise that retains it's core elements while consistently improving with each title .

Which route do you think AC followed since AC-2/ AC-B ??

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Internet fight!

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM
LOL - That's exactly the attitude that kills franchises over time . Ultimate sales becomes the target - bolstered by the mass casuals ....................
Rather than a profitable highly successful franchise that retains it's core elements while consistently improving with each title .

Which route do you think AC followed since AC-2/ AC-B ??

People can play what they want. Ubisoft took the decision to commercialise the series, not us meer mortals(casuals).

AssassinHMS
05-30-2013, 10:32 AM
And, also... we're pigs. :|

If you say so... I know that there are only two theories to argue with women and neither of them works (joking)

Also, it's widely known your hardcore egyptian friend bashes anyone who dares to think differently...

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Casual gamers should start talking down to iOS and android gamers. That way, we too can massage our egos and compare others to pigs. I hate the Internet sometimes.

Gouldylocks
05-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Ive got Black Chest and Buccaneer editions pre-ordered. Ive got the White and black edition Ezio's, so i thought why not get the Diorama and Figure. Anyone Pre-ordering the 2 Figurines, edward and blackbeard?

Anyone know if the "Black Flag" Replica in the black chest is polyester or whatever like the AC3 flag or is it cotton?

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Doesn't anyone realise that if a game was created entirely the way hardcore gamers would want it it would never sell? Not many people would want to play a game the way hardcore gamers (who are a minority) want it. If such a game was ever made, it would most probably be low-budget since it would cater to a niche market. And then hardcore gamers would have more problems due to this exact fact. Low budget would be limiting by default.
Anyway, that's what I think.

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Go work on your wording first THEN come post, debate and argue like a respectful adult...

Pigs...yeah

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Also, it's widely known your hardcore egyptian friend bashes anyone who dares to think differently...
So that makes it totally okay to call everyone else a pig.....very legit...very legit...

Never called anyone who disagreed with my opinion a pig, dude...no matter how heated it got..never called anyone a pig. True, it can turn sour with me and i`v been warned several times and most of the time i apologize, but I never called anyone a pig who needs to stay in a pen and I never made a thread saying "don`t buy this" like i`m some cult hero....get your facts straight and work on what you say, before doing your little charade

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Doesn't anyone realise that if a game was created entirely the way hardcore gamers would want it it would never sell? Not many people would want to play a game the way hardcore gamers (who are a minority) want it. If such a game was ever made, it would most probably be low-budget since it would cater to a niche market. And then hardcore gamers would have more problems due to this exact fact. Low budget would be limiting by default.
Anyway, that's what I think.
Who said create the game "entirely hardcore"? We just don't want games that a newborn baby can play(and I'm not just talking about combat), my brother plays AC easily, he's 10 now started him on it when he was 7 with AC1.

Have you ever played Half Life, Witcher, Metro, Max Payne, RTS games, Deus Ex, Hitman?

They aren't casual turds, they're good games and sell very well.

catkiller97
05-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Have you ever played Half Life, Witcher, Metro, Max Payne, , Deus Ex, Hitman?

These games are my Fav franchise!

Since AC2 game became a child's play :(

You forget DARK SOUL.

AssassinHMS
05-30-2013, 10:53 AM
So that makes it totally okay to call everyone else a pig.....very legit...very legit...

Never called anyone who disagreed with my opinion a pig, dude...no matter how heated it got..never called anyone a pig. True, it can turn sour with me and i`v been warned several times and most of the time i apologize, but I never called anyone a pig who needs to stay in a pen and I never made a thread saying "don`t buy this" like i`m some cult hero....get your facts straight and work on what you say, before doing your little charade

It was a comparison just to explain that I think that they shouldn't be everywhere in full force. But I admit I was a bit rude. Besides I didn't call them pigs, it was just an example. I could've used birds as well.

Also, if you want to talk about my thread I suggest you do it there.

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 10:56 AM
It was a comparison just to explain that I think that they shouldn't be everywhere in full force. But I admit I was a bit rude. Besides I didn't call them pigs, it was just an example. I could've used birds as well.
an Idiotic, condescending and nonsensical comparison...Oh, of course not..you didn't call them pigs..you just COMPARED THEM TO PIGS...sure, like..if someone tells me "you`re like a dog" that doesnt mean anything...he didn't call me a dog..no..he just compared me to one..that`s not so bad....

birds? same thing..."kept in their cagez", it`s the moronic context of your comparison...

i admit, i was a bit rude
you misspelled "I apologize"

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 10:56 AM
You forget DARK SOUL.
That's 100% hardcore, lol.

I was giving examples of those that aren't casual but not 100% hardcore either.

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Who said create the game "entirely hardcore"? We just don't want games that a newborn baby can play(and I'm not just talking about combat), my brother plays AC easily, he's 10 now started him on it when he was 7 with AC1.

Have you ever played Half Life, Witcher, Metro, Max Payne, RTS games, Deus Ex, Hitman?

I've only played Deus Ex and Hitman from those. I loved them but I also thought they were easy?? Like casual-easy?
I also played Dead Space 3 in hardcore more and that was easy as well. lol Unless I'm now a hardcore gamer now who still believes I'm a casual. O_o

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Also, if you want to talk about my thread I suggest you do it there.
Where you at a pen?? you know..since you were talking about pigs??

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
AC is an easy game. My sister finished AC1 when she was 10.

You don't need AC to be hard, it was never hard, they just need a good story and a combat system that actually means you have to think (Arkham City).

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
I've only played Deus Ex and Hitman from those. I loved them but I also thought they were easy?? Like casual-easy?
I also played Dead Space 3 in hardcore more and that was easy as well. lol Unless I'm now a hardcore gamer now who still believes I'm a casual. O_o
Depends how you play it is the thing, if you want to get Silent Assassin rating in Hitman for example. Try it. I specifically said that they don't pander to casuals nor do they to hardcores.

And which Deus Ex are you talking about?

AssassinHMS
05-30-2013, 11:08 AM
an Idiotic, condescending and nonsensical comparison...Oh, of course not..you didn't call them pigs..you just COMPARED THEM TO PIGS...sure, like..if someone tells me "you`re like a dog" that doesnt mean anything...he didn't call me a dog..no..he just compared me to one..that`s not so bad....

birds? same thing..."kept in their cagez", it`s the moronic context of your comparison...

you misspelled "I apologize"

You're one to talk. In every argument we had you, at some point, lost your cool and start raging saying I'm an Ezio fanboy, this and that. And it's up to me to say: "Calm down, I didn't mean to offend you or to attack you personally until you realize it. Also it's funny that you agree with anyone who's bashing ACB but not with someone saying the exact same things about AC3 that have no relation to the game itself. Ex: You don't accept this and say that it's immoral to say such a thing:"I don't know why people are bashing ACB but it's absurd to say AC3 is the best." but you agree with this " I don't know why people are bashing AC3 but I find it inconceivable to say ACB is the best"

Where you at a pen?? you know..since you were talking about pigs??
Your attempt to spite me is pathetic. It suits you

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Deus Ex:HR.

(I bought the originals as well because I liked the story but the graphics were a bit outdated for me now).

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Deus Ex:HR.

(I bought the originals as well because I liked the story but the graphics were a bit outdated for me now).
And well how did you play it? Stealth? Guns?

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
And well how did you play it? Stealth? Guns?
If i remember correctly I think it was mostly stealth.

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
If i remember correctly I think it was mostly stealth.
"If I remember.." lol that game came out just 2 years ago....Stealth...well what kind? Not killing anyone, killing everyone, killing some. That's exactly what I mean by game not being casual nor hardcore. It gives you options on how to play it. And that's exactly what makes them great games.

...Except Witcher, that game is just great but not casual unless you play on Easy mode.

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Your attempt to spite me is pathetic. It suits you
sorry, didn't understand any of that blabber before this gem here, so i`ll just reply to this...

done

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Dis thread so on-topic. I will be nicking my standard copy from GAME as I am scottish and therefore a trampy bastard.

silvermercy
05-30-2013, 11:36 AM
"If I remember.." lol that game came out just 2 years ago....Stealth...well what kind? Not killing anyone, killing everyone, killing some. That's exactly what I mean by game not being casual nor hardcore. It gives you options on how to play it. And that's exactly what makes them great games.

...Except Witcher, that game is just great but not casual unless you play on Easy mode.
I play many games. I play them in many modes. Sorry for forgetting how I played them! O_o

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 11:40 AM
I play many games. I play them in many modes. Sorry for forgetting how I played them! O_o
........as do I, even more because I got 4X stuff on PC. But seriously DXHR was like one of the good games in 2011 it's not something easily forgotten.

Moving on, that wasn't the point the point was:

Stealth...well what kind? Not killing anyone, killing everyone, killing some. That's exactly what I mean by game not being casual nor hardcore. It gives you options on how to play it. And that's exactly what makes them great games.

Farlander1991
05-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Funny thing about Deus Ex:HR, playing stealth + pacifist (knocking everybody out, that is) makes game super-easy thanks to insane amounts of exp that you can't get if you play any other way.

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Funny thing about Deus Ex:HR, playing stealth + pacifist (knocking everybody out, that is) makes game super-easy thanks to insane amounts of exp that you can't get if you play any other way.
Yeahhh I'm not talking about knocking out...more like..THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnYeugIpro

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:00 PM
multiple choice
one bucanear editon
3 skull editons
one black chest editon
one Blackbeard's Legacy Edition
and then any other editions that get anounced

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 12:05 PM
multiple choice
one bucanear editon
3 skull editons
one black chest editon

Wait.. what?!

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
multiple choice
one bucanear editon
3 skull editons
one black chest editon
.........What for and platforms?

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:10 PM
.........What for and platforms?

what do you mean what for

to go with the rest of the collection
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k85hM0RqLuM/UO6tExUV7lI/AAAAAAAAAno/IN8fgPF9_I4/s800/IMG_20130110_114045.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SrkVEWBozR8/UO6tCdTkvBI/AAAAAAAAAng/QMECBB1_HkM/s800/IMG_20130110_114138.jpg
and theres a lot more then that

one skull edition is for PC
2 skull editons for xbox360
might cancel my black chest xbox 360 and turn it into an xbox one order
and I will pick up all the special first print and foil editions further down the line

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 12:11 PM
I mean why so many different editions?

LOL, okay now I see.

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Wait.. what?!

lol I live in Coventry UK too you wanna come over and see im not lying hun?

I mean why so many different editions?

LOL, okay now I see.

to join the collection and family

yep I need to take new pics soon
but I always have new stuf on the way so I am just holding off till I get my big delivery from the US

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 12:14 PM
lol I live in Coventry UK too you wanna come over and see im not lying hun?

Sure ;)

Okay but seriously, that is awesome!

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Sure ;)

Okay but seriously, that is awesome!

I thank you
but I feel I have been overtake by a few people recently as a lot of people have started buying the action figures and i don't as i don't like them

montagemik
05-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Casual gamers should start talking down to iOS and android gamers. That way, we too can massage our egos and compare others to pigs. I hate the Internet sometimes.

Join the official forums of a Game franchise & expecting to find a Casual attitude to that game series ....................... Not the smartest move i suppose.

Gamers can play whatever the hell they like .......However they want to play them. Doesn't mean a franchise should be Dumbed down to meet the casual's preferences/ demands .

Sorry if you feel anyone is talking down to others ................. But suggesting pig farmers stick to pigs as Casual gamers should stick to casual games ...........ISN'T Offensive -
It's another way of saying stick to what they know / like the most .
So playing the 'i'm so offended by pigs' card won't be taken seriously by most. Sorry .

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 12:21 PM
gamers can play whatever the hell they like .......however they want to play them. Doesn't mean a franchise should be dumbed down to meet the casual's preferences/ demands .
This this thisssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssss

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Sorry if you feel anyone is talking down to others ................. But suggesting pig farmers stick to pigs as Casual gamers should stick to casual games ...........ISN'T Offensive -
So playing the 'i'm so offended by pigs' card won't be taken seriously by most. Sorry .
Go play with your friend, sonny..he`s right over there in the corner

montagemik
05-30-2013, 12:23 PM
multiple choice
one bucanear editon
3 skull editons
one black chest editon

What's Blackbeards Legacy edition ? :confused:

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:25 PM
and that's why i don't post on this forums
every seems intent on trolling each other
i guess i should go back to smaller forums where there's less dispute's shall we say, and people are more inclined to stay on topic ( i am aware i just went off topic)

montagemik
05-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Go play with your friend, sonny..he`s right over there in the corner

What are you on about now ? ................... I miss the relevance of your comment .

Shahkulu101
Join the official forums of a Game franchise & expecting to find a Casual attitude to that game series ....................... Not the smartest move i suppose.

Gamers can play whatever the hell they like .......However they want to play them. Doesn't mean a franchise should be Dumbed down to meet the casual's preferences/ demands .

Not offeneded in the slightest . And btw I would prefer AC be more difficuilt I just dislike the fact you blame casual gamers for making franchises diluted when it is fully up to the developers to decide what audience they create for. At no point did I say I wanted any franchises to be dumbed down for casual gamers, but as a casual gamer myself I am annoyed that we are apparently somehow to blame for the demise of Assassin's Creed. Yves and Co are to blame.

Lowly Assassin
What's Blackbeards Legacy edition ? :confused:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772496-ACIV-Blackbeards-Legacy-Collectors-Edition
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ucm7EwuON_k/UactGQl_fEI/AAAAAAAACmg/cWNAa4dNGkI/s800/AC4%2520Blackbeards%2520Legacy.jpg

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 12:29 PM
i guess i should go back to smaller forums where there's less dispute's shall we say, and people are more inclined to stay on topic ( i am aware i just went off topic)

Nah, we call him Assassin_M :p

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 12:31 PM
you came on a crappy day, what can we do ??

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 12:33 PM

Hug each other

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:34 PM
it just seems so buzy here all the time
i look at one thread and its 2 weeks old and has 20 pages and most of it is off topic

Hug each other
theres an idea
:hug: (well it works on other forums)

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM
i look at one thread and its 2 weeks old and has 20 pages and most of it is off topic

To be fair, most threads start on topic, but they just stem out to other things.

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM

theres an idea
:hug: (well it works on other forums)
you`v a good face....*hug* :|

now....you have met me....

montagemik
05-30-2013, 12:37 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772496-ACIV-Blackbeards-Legacy-Collectors-Edition

An AC collectors edition that has Zero to do with an Actual 'Assassin' .........................This edition is news to me. (maybe an afterthought)
Seems like a Pirate Fan cash-in than a genuine AC collectors item , another symptom of mass market cash-in mentality from UBI .

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:40 PM
An AC collectors edition that has Zero to do with an Actual 'Assassin' .........................This edition is news to me. (maybe an afterthought)
Seems like a Pirate Fan cash-in than a genuine AC collectors item , another symptom of mass market cash-in mentality from UBI .

it has more to do with assassins then an art book soundtrack and figure in my opinion
and the wanted poster could always end up being an Edward kenway wanted poster
and an Edward kenway pirate or assassin code
but the Edward kenway / Aquila journal seems likely to stay the same

we could also pick apart previous collectors editions

but i appreciate your comments

andwe @Could@ call the entire AC4 BF game a prate themed cash in, couldn't we

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 12:49 PM
andwe @Could@ call the entire AC4 BF game a prate themed cash in, couldn't we

Loads of people already have haha

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 12:52 PM
and we could call the entire AC4BF game a pirate themed cash in, couldn't we
We are, until we see the game. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another AC3.

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 12:54 PM
We are, until we see the game. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another AC3.

and whats wrong with AC3?
or is there a thread for that already?
i just thought it was a bit condensed/.. that is all

SixKeys
05-30-2013, 12:57 PM
and whats wrong with AC3?
or is there a thread for that already?

You must be new here. :p

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
You must be new here. :p

yes i know the general concensus is that AC3 was aweful
i was joking, i know almost every thread has something bad about ac3 in it

but i could see through the plain and boring and see what they where trying to do so i didn't think it was all bad

but i guess AC fans did not expect it to take a more RPG esque approach or direction

pacmanate
05-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Well it also had a million cutscenes, poor mission design, and didn't feel like an Assassin game. It just felt like an action game with Hidden Blades.

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 01:06 PM
RPG player here, that....abomination barely had anything to do with an RPG, adding a crafting system doesn't make it an RPG.

Lowly Assassin
05-30-2013, 01:13 PM
RPG player here, that....abomination barely had anything to do with an RPG, adding a crafting system doesn't make it an RPG.

maybe not but adding dynamic animals and hunting
and a lot of NPC movements puts it on its way at least

Gouldylocks
05-31-2013, 12:02 PM

Yeah, not wrong there. Doesnt seem to have anything to do with Assassins. Even if it does add a touch of assassin to the posters, its still just pointless crap on the side. Looks good and all, but yeah, nah.

EVA Spartan 317
09-01-2013, 02:41 PM
I have pre-ordered the biggest edition that is available for Xbox 360: Buccaneer Edition. I kinda person who pre-orders the biggest edition for the fav. games!;)

ze_topazio
09-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't pre-order games, i buy them once they are available.

pacmanate
09-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Got my PS4 standard version down. That will tide me over till Christmas.

First AC game since AC2 that I wont be buying a special edition for :( But tbh, nothing really that appealing and I am not rich enough to buy a PS4 and a special edition version of one game for an extra £100 :p

roostersrule2
09-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I haven't pre ordered a game all year, I'm just getting them on release.

andre982d
09-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Lethal Pirate Edition

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/img13/video-games/Ubisoft/midsizebart._V357741121_.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1187064_629181427121533_842106244_n.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61cOKMxqP6L._SL1000_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61rCzk-X4hL._SL1000_.jpg

ze_topazio
09-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Ain't this the first time we're seeing Bartholomew Roberts?

He was famous for wearing the finest and fanciest clothes, he looks very normal and kind of unkempt there.

pacmanate
09-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Black Bart aint even Black

ze_topazio
09-01-2013, 03:55 PM
He had that nickname because of his ruthlessness.

Now that i think about it he looks just like Danny Trejo.

AnthonyA85
09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I think, this time, for the first time since AC2, i'm going to go for the standard edition, and just buy all the DLC either as it's released (as it will be) or buy the Season Pass, if there is one this time round (haven't seen anything about one yet)

Hopefully, I'll actually be able to COMPLETE Black Flag, I still can't complete AC3, turns out, i'm crap at commanding firing lines, so i can't get past sequence 7 :P

lothario-da-be
09-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I ordered the black chest edition. I know they don't deserve my trust and money, but i couldn't just wait and see it being sold out.

Jexx21
09-01-2013, 08:57 PM
what do you mean they don't deserve your trust and money?

o.o

Shahkulu101
09-01-2013, 08:59 PM
None. I am poor. I blame Yeezus.

SixKeys
09-01-2013, 09:04 PM
what do you mean they don't deserve your trust and money?

o.o

Probably the fact that Ubisoft has lied to fans numerous times in the past and therefore aren't deserving of our trust. That's the reason I'm not pre-ordering, anyway.

lothario-da-be
09-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Probably the fact that Ubisoft has lied to fans numerous times in the past and therefore aren't deserving of our trust. That's the reason I'm not pre-ordering, anyway.
This.

ACfan443
09-01-2013, 09:28 PM
None yet. Black Flag hasn't quite captured my interest as much as its predecessors did, and the competition this year is also looking much better, therefore it doesn't warrant a pre order. That's perhaps subject to change with any upcoming info, but for now, nah.

Krayus Korianis
09-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I got the Standard Edition from GameStop, the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag GameStop Edition... Which the OP did not put up there.

pacmanate
09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I got the Standard Edition from GameStop, the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag GameStop Edition... Which the OP did not put up there.

Its still pretty much a standard edition, just with a pre order incentive.

pirate1802
09-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Standard edition. That'll do.

Locopells
09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Same here. Everything else will come out eventually...

Aphex_Tim
09-04-2013, 01:13 PM
I haven't pre-ordered. I'm planning on getting a PS4 copy of the game but I won't be able to get an actual PS4 at least until 2014.
So I'm gonna have to stay away from these forums for a while after release... :p

Jexx21
09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
I haven't pre-ordered yet.

I probably will though.

adventurewomen
09-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Black Chest Edition, but I'm going to sell the Edward figurine on Ebay. :)

roostersrule2
09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm just going to buy the standard edition on release for Xbox, then do the $10 thing where you can upgrade from current gen to next gen (if they let you do it from 360-PS4) when I get the PS4.

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 04:27 PM
wooooh... I may buy it from you since I have pre-ordered the Buccaneer edition! I want to collect ALL the figures available in existence! lol So if I don't buy the Black Chest one eventually, too, let me know about the statue. ^^

(Is it worth it though buying an expensive edition if you don't want the statue???)

pirate1802
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM

Gift it to me. :) Let it be my first piece of AC merchandise. :D

pacmanate
09-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm just going to buy the standard edition on release for Xbox, then do the $10 thing where you can upgrade from current gen to next gen (if they let you do it from 360-PS4) when I get the PS4.

Thought that was for only 3 games? BF4, Fifa and Ghosts?

roostersrule2
09-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Thought that was for only 3 games? BF4, Fifa and Ghosts?It is? That's sucks

Serrachio
09-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Black Chest Edition for PS4.

That being said, I'm annoyed that the PS4 releases on the 29th in Europe and AC4BF releases on November 1st for Europe. It means I have to wait a whole month before I can play the game and avoid spoilers.

LightRey
09-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Black Chest Edition for PS4.

That being said, I'm annoyed that the PS4 releases on the 29th in Europe and AC4BF releases on November 1st for Europe. It means I have to wait a whole month before I can play the game and avoid spoilers.
Count yourself lucky. The Xbox One releases 'sometime in 2014' in the Netherlands.

Krayus Korianis
09-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Its still pretty much a standard edition, just with a pre order incentive.
Doesn't matter, it just shows that UbiSoft think NA is a joke for people buying their stuff... Europe gets the better stuff :(