PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes Herald of the Void

Pages : [1] 2

Homard_C
05-27-2013, 02:58 PM
The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is proud to present some great updates to the game that are sure to please the fans: a New Series.
The 2nd Expansion, Herald of the Void will soon be available in the Shop!

Over 100 New Cards to discover… Embrace the power!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/HOTV_JournalPicture.jpg

Card Modifications:
- Throne of Renewal: Lose all resources instead of losing the possibility to play Fortunes afterwards.
- Tower of Oblivion: Both players discard down to 6 cards at random and take 1 damage from each card discarded this way.
- Shantiri Ruins: Only target non-uniques.
- Asha Uses All: Only target non-uniques.

- Spell Twister: Only target non-uniques.
- Spell Steal: Only target non-uniques.
- Martyr: Now prevents only damage from your opponent.
- Cleansing : Now costs 3
- Mass Dispel : Now costs 2

- Wolf Captain: +1 Might
- Greater Fire Elemental: -2 Might, +1 Magic
- Mizu-Kami: -1 Magic
- Chaos Imp: +1 Destiny
- Wandering Bard: +1 Destiny
- Helexian Librarian: +1 Destiny

- Kieran, Knight of Negation: Ability is now an activated ability.
- Siegfried, Champion of Faith: Ability is now an activated ability.

Card text clarifications and corrections
All mentions of the words «kill» and «remove» are replaced by «destroy».

Daily Rewards:
Each day you log into the game you will earn a Daily Reward. You can choose to take it immediately, or stash it to grow your rewards. Stash for 7 days to claim the ultimate Daily Reward!

Improved Social Features:
Upgraded Chat, Friends and Notification features make it easier than ever to keep in touch with friends and rivals.

New Achievements:
20 new achievements to challenge your skills and willpower.

Bug Fixes
Swiss Tournament Flow & Bugs Fixed

iPad version:
To not penalize our PC users , we decided to update the game with the long awaited Herald of the Void expansion, today, at 4:30pm (Paris Time). We will host a maintenance period of an estimated time of 3 hours. The counterpart to that, is that we still need to fix some things on the iPad version and it should take a little bit longer than expected. Unfortunately, iPad users will not be able to play Duel of Champions for several days until we fix those issues. We apologize for this situation, and will keep you updated on the situation. Of course, fixing those iPad issues is our #1 priority at the moment.

SenseiKoudai
05-27-2013, 03:01 PM
I was waiting for this all day! :D

Love the upcoming changes <3

mkghost
05-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Nice update ! I want play ^_^

ioulios
05-27-2013, 03:05 PM
after allowing all these players to abuse the OP cards for good after many months in a row now u change them....to make them ready again for new OP cards within new expansion that u will nerf after several months again allowing the privilleged old players to get about 2000 elo and still be on top!and the beat goes on.....

NorsemanXXI
05-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Daily Rewards:
Each day you log into the game you will earn a Daily Reward. You can choose to take it immediately, or stash it to grow your rewards. Stash for 7 days to claim the ultimate Daily Reward!

This means that the rewards are not accumulative ? If I choose to wait for the 7th day I won't get any of those rewards from the other 6 days?

r3tsa
05-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Mmmmmm 3rd post, whine already.

So far I'm more interested about about maintenance timeframes. :X

@UP

Don't worry they are cumulative.

NickManca
05-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Very well!

And what about the chance of using same cards in multiple decks? This would be the ultimate mod :D

Nillicomes
05-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I love you!!! .. but can't tell if I would love the expansion yet.

NorsemanXXI
05-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Very well!

And what about the chance of using same cards in multiple decks? This would be the ultimate mod :D

I don't think that will happen yet. Unfortunately.

unprepared4u
05-27-2013, 03:36 PM
They fixed Kieran.
They fixed Siegefried.
They fixed OTK/Stall.
They fixed Wolf Captain.

And new cards/features to boot.

Congrats ubisoft, you just got one of your players back. :D

Kool update.

r3tsa
05-27-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't believe it, but I actually like your post now. xD

Matrix.disc
05-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Excuse me, but these patch notes aren't really specific enough and don't answer some of the important questions and don't mention some important changes.
- what will happen to the costs of packs in the shop? How much will VR packs and Box cost? How much will HotV packs cost?
- what will happen to the Swiss tournament prizes? Will they stay the same? Will they become HotV packs?
- what will exactly the daily rewards be? What types of rewards will be possible? Will they be different each week or same? Will they be repeated in some patterns?
- what will happen to the Emilio packs? What expansions will they span? Will there be one or more of Emilio pack types?
- what time is the server maintenance going to happen?
- where is the full cards spoiler?

I am happy you are giving us patch notes, but please, do it RIGHT by providing us full patch notes. I think we that would make much of the possible following questions avoided and make players feel happier and more respected.

s1m0n17
05-27-2013, 03:56 PM
soon?...so, not tomorrow?

Durajczyk
05-27-2013, 03:58 PM
It's first Homard's post :P
Matrix don't be angry at her :P

DragoAskani
05-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Great patch notes. So it killed nergal otk, but I can still Kats OTK if I really really wanted to. Guess that what they meant by making otk harder to play. (since kats is harder in some ways then nergal)

Matrix.disc
05-27-2013, 04:07 PM
I am not angry. And honestly I don't care that it is Homard 's first patch notes because I don't suppose they are purely compiled by her - it is a team of people that are responsible for patch notes at different stages. It is not the first patch notes released. They should already be better and include all of the information. And please don't use (if anyone is intending to) the argument "you'll see the changes when they will be already up" because then what is the use of patch notes if i can't rely on them to give me the whole picture?
I'm not angry at Homard. I just want full and precise information.

Talezeusz
05-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Tower and Throne changes are fine to me, but raising cost of dispels in game where spells for 3-4 mana are better than creatures for 6? Add that to op unique spells and we have Magic & Magic: Duel of Wizards. Also i understand Kierans change (but Kelthor, Ariana & Nergal or even Xorm can laugh now, they have much better active abilities) but Siegfriend? He isn't op, now he's unplayable, probably he will be the worst champion in the game, ACTIVE +1 HP for melee for 1 turn? So why Fleshbane & Takana Osore still have they abilities ongoing? IMO all Heaven heroes are pretty bad/decent now (OTK Sandalphon nerf, Siegfried unplayable, Kieran & Cassandra are decent) comparing to other factions, so you push everyone to get hands on new expansion to grab Alia right?

DragoAskani
05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Tower and Throne changes are fine to me, but raising cost of dispels in game where spells for 3-4 mana are better than creatures for 6? Add that to op unique spells and we have Magic & Magic: Duel of Wizards. Also i understand Kierans change (but Kelthor, Ariana & Nergal or even Xorm can laugh now, they have much better active abilities) but Siegfriend? He isn't op, now he's unplayable, probably he will be the worst champion in the game, ACTIVE +1 HP for melee for 1 turn? So why Fleshbane & Takana Osore still have they abilities ongoing? IMO all Heaven heroes are pretty bad/decent now (OTK Sandalphon nerf, Siegfried unplayable, Kieran & Cassandra are decent) comparing to other factions, so you push everyone to get hands on new expansion to grab Alia right?

3 HP Dark Assassins, 6 Hp Wolf Captains, 7 hp wolf praetorians. I dont think they shoulda nerfed Siegfried without doing it to the other champions that have a passive ability. Just make all passives active to be fair imo if they are gonna do this. I see why they targeted siegfried, but again if you are gonna single out one, do it to all of them.

Hantziie
05-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Nice! This will shake a bit the Meta :) Btw, no spectator mode in this update? :(

Frozen-Drake
05-27-2013, 05:37 PM
nice changes, but this...

The 2nd Expansion, Herald of the Void will soon be available in the Shop!
means that after tomorrow's maintenance there still won't be the new expansion? (mby some bugfixes in the week needed?)

NorsemanXXI
05-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Nice! This will shake a bit the Meta :) Btw, no spectator mode in this update? :(

Someone said in other thread that they are planning to work on that during the summer.

TenebrisUrsum
05-27-2013, 05:45 PM
He isn't op, now he's unplayable, probably he will be the worst champion in the game, ACTIVE +1 HP for melee for 1 turn?

I don't think it will work like that,probably you will pay x resources and every creature you deploy that turn will gain +1 hp as long as it stays on the battleground. But,yea I agree,he's moving down the list of heroes to play with because of the active (depends of the cost) and the single spell school.

Hantziie
05-27-2013, 05:48 PM
3 HP Dark Assassins, 6 Hp Wolf Captains, 7 hp wolf praetorians. I dont think they shoulda nerfed Siegfried without doing it to the other champions that have a passive ability. Just make all passives active to be fair imo if they are gonna do this. I see why they targeted siegfried, but again if you are gonna single out one, do it to all of them.

Why? it's pretty obvious that some passives are more powerful than others.

DragoAskani
05-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Why? it's pretty obvious that some passives are more powerful than others.

True but this was a stupid change for a hero with only one school of magic. Woulda been better changing it so that his melee got +1 retaliation or something. The only way this can be even decent is if its treated as a heal. He uses it, a creature with say 1 outta 2 hp goes to 2 outta 3 hp, at the beginning of next turn effect ends and creature is then at 2 outta 2 hp.

Air2Ground
05-27-2013, 06:08 PM
So I might have missed something but what time is the update happening tomorrow?

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Nerfing Towers and making Wolf Captains more stronger, wtf ?
And where is nerf for Time Jump and Cosmic ? Cosmic MUST cost at least 5-6 Luck, its imba card wtf !
They want us to buy more and more decks to gain that imba Captains and Banshees !

Frozen-Drake
05-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Nerfing Towers and making Wolf Captains more stronger, wtf ?
And where is nerf for Time Jump and Cosmic ? Cosmic MUST cost at least 5-6 Luck, its imba card wtf !
They want us to buy more and more decks to gain that imba Captains and Banshees !

cosmic nerf? lol
and they nerfed WC, that will now reguire +1 might (3 in total)

NorsemanXXI
05-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Well, I guess this was tested, right? So they must know what they are doing.

In theory, this nerf seams bad. In early game you want to raise M/M/D so you will never use his abilities. In late game you probably want to draw a card instead. The only time I see someone using Kieran's ability is when they don't need to raise M/M/D and don't have AP to draw a card left. In general, my opinion is that they basically removed Kieran's ability. I think changing his ongoing to deal damage only to creatures above X health, for example, would have been a smoother nerf.

Also, like someone said, changing Siegfrield and Kieran from ongoing to activate without changing the others makes no sense from a design point-of-view. If those ongoings were too good, then change the effect, don't change the mechanic! This is like making a card unique instead of balancing it. I don't get it.

This seams like they didn't had time to think about it so someone said: "just make it an activate instead" and there, it's done. Balanced!

Hiffix
05-27-2013, 06:21 PM
↑ This seams like they didn't had time to think about it so someone said: "just make it an activate instead" and there, it's done. Balanced! 100% Agree.

Wonder who will use now Kieran, Siegfried ability :mad: Making use of it with no rework is one big joke.

To be fair, why no change Fleshbane he will get new usable cards in Herald.

Quequetos
05-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Is Fleshbane going to be the new Siegfried ? His ability is ongoing and he's gonna get new incorporeals.

kirnon
05-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Siegfried's ability is still WAY better than Acamas' ability so I figure its fine. So what if he isn't as OP his ability will still find use - unlike Acamas' ability where most decks built with him don't even feature Enrage Creatures.

PapeYuzar
05-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Just 1 question: are you going to add 1 might to the already OP wolf captain? :confused:

Hantziie
05-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Just 1 question: are you going to add 1 might to the already OP wolf captain? :confused:

Yes, now you require 3 Might to play it.

Oblit3rate
05-27-2013, 07:11 PM
I think people are misunderstanding the changes to Kieran and Siegfried.
They will have to be "activated" but will last for the whole game, so essentially you lose 1 turn making it "active", at least that's how i understand it.

PapeYuzar
05-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Yes, now you require 3 Might to play it.
Ah,ok.... I misunderstand the original post

DragoAskani
05-27-2013, 07:13 PM
I think people are misunderstanding the changes to Kieran and Siegfried.
They will have to be "activated" but will last for the whole game, so essentially you lose 1 turn making it "active", at least that's how i understand it.

The way I read it, its an activated ability like activating kierans power. We will see tomorrow I guess.

Frozen-Drake
05-27-2013, 07:13 PM
they mistaken +1 might with +1 attack, lol

regarding siegfried... still better than acamas
regarding kieran... mby thay changed it to 'do 2 dmg to creature attacking him', otherwise no one will use it
but he'll still be good like ariana (never seen her ability used in ages)

Oblit3rate
05-27-2013, 07:21 PM
The way I read it, its an activated ability like activating kierans power. We will see tomorrow I guess.

Well then Siegfried ability wouldn't make much sense to me. You pay to get +1 health, your creature becomes 3 health, you take 2 retaliation and then what, the creature keep 1 HP when you pass the turn ? What about your other creature that becomes 4HP and takes 2 retaliation? It will have 1 HP aswell ? Doesn't make sense to me but we will have to see i guess.

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Zigfried nerf is OK, its too much for me to get 2 DA with 3 HP in a row.

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I not understand why nerf Tower and dont nerf Cosmic ? This card kills almost any OTK just for 4 Fortunes !

Oblit3rate
05-27-2013, 07:43 PM
I not understand why nerf Tower and dont nerf Cosmic ? This card kills almost any OTK just for 4 Fortunes !
There's a lot of things you don't understand....

Kageryuzen
05-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Soon I will start playing MMDoC only for artworks :P In rest nonsense.
Why needed to increase the dispell costs?...
Spell steal/twister...exists unique spells in the game :o?
In rest it's fine :P
Keep It Up but such releases could be launched monthly not half yearly...

SenseiKoudai
05-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Keep It Up but such releases could be launched monthly not half yearly...

http://www.bilderload.com/bild/309783/opoqqAC6PY.jpg (http://www.bilderload.com)

Bazaltovy
05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Spell steal/twister...exists unique spells in the game :o?

Yes.

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Is it your Dad ? Or a tattoo on your *** ?

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM

http://www.bilderload.com/bild/309783/opoqqAC6PY.jpg (http://www.bilderload.com)
Is it your Dad ? Or a tattoo on your S ?

Frozen-Drake
05-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Is it your Dad ? Or a tattoo on your S ?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Hantziie
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Are you kidding me? OTK must die! Cosmic is good as it is now.

I laughed at the last posts xD

Blastofek
05-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Wow, Siegfried now is overnerfed. If you are nerfing a passive to one champion then nerf the same thing for Fleshbane.

Sikor485
05-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Well then Siegfried ability wouldn't make much sense to me. You pay to get +1 health, your creature becomes 3 health, you take 2 retaliation and then what, the creature keep 1 HP when you pass the turn ? What about your other creature that becomes 4HP and takes 2 retaliation? It will have 1 HP aswell ? Doesn't make sense to me but we will have to see i guess.

There is no tricky logic behind it. They are just changing it to activation. Rest remains the same. For example you use the ability, deploy dark assassin, it gets 3 hp instead of 2. PERMANENTLY, just like it is now. In my opinion that nerf is good, it doesn't completely break the hero as his ability is still good.

About Kieran tho, I think his ability will become completely useless :D

@people who complain about not nerfing fleshbane
Fleshbane can't rush you with ****load powerful incorporeal monsters like Siegfriend and his melees can (at least now, I dont know how it will be after the expansion).

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 08:14 PM
OTK Rulez !

kazzbar
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
]
http://s22.postimg.org/kuxr6sv41/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9RcdLCJkw4

Enclase
05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I cant believe what i must read on this 6 pages...

1. Siegfried is 'UP' now? Are you kidding? ~ 30 % of all players over 1500 elo was playing Siegfried (see the actuell nr. 1 with 1580 elo for example, the nerf is more than deserved - same for Kieran and OTK of course).
2. Why you cant understand how the Siegfried Ability will work now? Its not so hard: You activate it and every meleecreature you play in this turn has 1 HP more...forever of course! Same like you can do it with events already...
3. Kieran was not only strong because of his passive, its the synergy with the haven creatures and primal/sun spells. The nerf is absolutley ok - he will still be a strong hero.

...and @patchnotes/devs. No new matchmakingsystem for the normal ladder? No time when you will start the maintenance? No details for the prices of the new packs in the shop?

This ist just unprofessional, same like your funny prerelease-event (i could organize a better event in my own appartment within 2 hours) and your marketing for this game. Seriously, this would be ok for an indie game developer, but I actually expect more from such a big company like Ubisoft and M&M-franchise. With **** like this you are killing every future of the game - and this is just sad...what should new players think about such an amateurish stuff?

Greetz,
Enclase

Blastofek
05-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Sikor wtf... it's not about rushing...
Rushing Sieg has no chance when Fleshbane will deploy ghosts early etc. How do you want to deal with them? Oh and I almost forgot about one stuff: Week of the Wild Spirits.
Do you see here Week of the xxxx xxxx for melee? No. So first thing before saying that it's not op.

Seriously guys, stop being f* hipocrites.

ulpsz
05-27-2013, 09:03 PM
wolf captain is now truly useless...

and so is siegfried...

but ishuma and nergal still have OP abilities...

kaiko's underpowered ability along with other invoker's abilities were left as they are..
ariana's absurd ability has not been adressed either

Kieran--I don't know...he wasn't that strong but is not very affected by the chage

other changes I like very much...good to know that spelltwister will not affect uniques..

DragoAskani
05-27-2013, 09:18 PM
wolf captain is now truly useless...

and so is siegfried...

but ishuma and nergal still have OP abilities...

kaiko's underpowered ability along with other invoker's abilities were left as they are..
ariana's absurd ability has not been adressed either

Kieran--I don't know...he wasn't that strong but is not very affected by the chage

other changes I like very much...good to know that spelltwister will not affect uniques..
Are you stupid? It now takes 3 might not 2 to bring out wolf captain, nothing else about her changed. I can't take anything else you say seriously after your idiotic first statement.

Furterfut
05-27-2013, 09:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Q9a5kpf.jpg

As for the thread, Im not sure about that "activated ability". For instance see at xrom, activation lasts just for your turn. For me horrible patchnotes, removing otks combo bad idea.. its just my opinion but actually killing combo decks sounds like, tightening pool of decks type. This game is going wrong way, forcing to play with creatures, removing combo archetype. But that's just my point of view.

When It's activated ability for turn or something similar, the ulpsz guy is right. Sieg will be useless.

Oblit3rate
05-27-2013, 10:00 PM
2. Why you cant understand how the Siegfried Ability will work now? Its not so hard: You activate it and every meleecreature you play in this turn has 1 HP more...forever of course! Same like you can do it with events already...

Probably because the OP posted "- Siegfried, Champion of Faith: Ability is now an activated ability."
You are the one saying it applies to creatures that you place in that turn, but the ability itself states "All your Melee Creatures get +1 HP".
I think you could also say that your Melee creatures get +1HP until your next turn or, like i also suggested, you activate the ability and it becomes "ongoing" after that.
Sorry if "Ability is now an activated ability" isn't so obvious for me...

MarceloVVJ
05-27-2013, 10:03 PM
I think the name of this game should be nerfed too. Must be: Might and Magic, duel of the nerfed champions! :p

Sikor485
05-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Sikor wtf... it's not about rushing...
Rushing Sieg has no chance when Fleshbane will deploy ghosts early etc. How do you want to deal with them? Oh and I almost forgot about one stuff: Week of the Wild Spirits.
Do you see here Week of the xxxx xxxx for melee? No. So first thing before saying that it's not op.

Seriously guys, stop being f* hipocrites.

First of all, almost every deck has its counters, you cant just pwn everything around. And why won't you look on this from the other perspective? Try dealing with Siegfriend who deployed for example 2 assassins early + captains... you can't fire bolt it, you cant earthquake it... so the way you're thinking is "ARGHH IM SIEGFRIED, I MUST HAVE NO COUNTER DECKS RAWRRR"

Oh... and there's week of the tamed spirits as well.

@topic
I know one thing. Siegfried along with Kieran needed nerfs. Almost every high elo player who ever tasted them will tell you the same(unless you are playing one and protect it obviously to keep winning).

I'm not saying that this is a good way to nerf them because we have to wait until the expansion kick in to say anything about that.
I mean really, you people should stop crying until we see all new cards implemented with this expansion. THEY HAVE TESTED IT FOR QUITE SOME TIME ya know?
If he becomes unplayable (and I doubt that), Im sure they will buff him again but for now they're like: YO DAWGS WE WILL GIVE YOU NEW CANDIES WITH MYSTERIOUS FLAVOR TOMORROW,
and you're like: OH MAN THIS FLAVOR SUCKS!

So man up and wait.

sickq2
05-27-2013, 11:07 PM
this is what happen when u give a cookie to a very hungry hellhound

with all do respect to the people who wrote patchnotes u coulda spend 10 more minutes to write "a little bit" more then that
it would be better if u havent made this confuseing incomplete patchnotes thread at all

Sikor485
05-27-2013, 11:21 PM
this is what happen when u give a cookie to a very hungry hellhound

with all do respect to the people who wrote patchnotes u coulda spend 10 more minutes to write "a little bit" more then that
it would be better if u havent made this confuseing incomplete patchnotes thread at all

Sadly, I must agree :(

"Patch notes" are notes that cover every single change in that particular patch. If you're not giving us full info it should be called a teaser or something.
I don't lose faith and hope people learn on their mistakes and they will improve next time!

DDarkAn
05-27-2013, 11:49 PM
1. why didnt mention about new campaign chapter? cuz of no new chapters

does it mean only unique spells, or i even cant target unique creatures with theese spells?

3. no announce about maintenance... so update wouldnt be implemented at 28th may?

r3tsa
05-27-2013, 11:58 PM
There will be more chapters for campaign, and more than ever I think.

Sikor485
05-28-2013, 12:24 AM
2. does it mean only unique spells, or i even cant target unique creatures with theese spells?

Spell Twister and Spell Steal can target ONLY SPELLS even now... how do you want to target a creature with it? lol
Even if you want to steal buff spell on creature you still target SPELL on it, not the creature itself so nothing is changed here.
They are implementing unique spells and they can't be targeted by Spell Twister/Spell Steal, thats all. I thought its easy to understand :D

stevenyy
05-28-2013, 12:27 AM
GJ to devs, the nerfs to heroes are much needed, everytime I deploy DA with 3HP on 2nd turn it puts so much pressure on opponent. haha, i d say the win rate is about 75%. Kieran is OP because the combination of light and primal magic, not just the passive, nerf to the passive is a great way to balance the hero without hurting the hero's potential too much, it is much better than say keep his passive but making the hero only use light magic. Looking forward to the update.

DDarkAn
05-28-2013, 02:08 AM
There will be more chapters for campaign, and more than ever I think.

I hope on that :rolleyes:
offtop: I'm so sick and tired of farming :)

MT...
05-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Siegfried is neither OP or UP and should be revert back to his initial stage. The real problem, that I posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721500-The-Champions?p=8665724#post8665724) many months ago, is how his ability works with neutral characters. Simply make it so that his ability only affects Haven units and bingo problem solved with DA along with any other potential neutral unit.

The WC change is both a good thing and bad. And the only reason why I say bad is because now my mass grave will not work.

The Kieran change is perfect and still makes for a great hero to use. And if you are worried about either chosen draw card or activate ability, just add the unit blind brother.

And for those who think Fleshbane should be change, try playing with that hero and tell me how well you fare. I am a Fleshbane user and I can tell you first hand that without some premium cards he is not all that playable, especially if you’re looking to climb higher in the ELO. Also keep in perspective that there are only 6 incorporeal: one being a neutral uncommon unit, two common units, two others being rare, and the last being unique. Unlike the several neutral units Siegfried has at his disposal.

On top of that, if that pattern stays true to the last release there will only be one new incorporeal unit in this release (which as of right now is a common tier 3 unit called untamed wraith).

See you on the battleground!

Quarison
05-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Siegfried is neither OP or UP and should be revert back to his initial stage. The real problem, that I posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721500-The-Champions?p=8665724#post8665724) many months ago, is how his ability works with neutral characters. Simply make it so that his ability only affects Haven units and bingo problem solved with DA along with any other potential neutral unit.

The WC change is both a good thing and bad. And the only reason why I say bad is because now my mass grave will not work.

The Kieran change is perfect and still makes for a great hero to use. And if you are worried about either chosen draw card or activate ability, just add the unit blind brother.

And for those who think Fleshbane should be change, try playing with that hero and tell me how well you fare. I am a Fleshbane user and I can tell you first hand that without some premium cards he is not all that playable, especially if you’re looking to climb higher in the ELO. Also keep in perspective that there are only 6 incorporeal: one being a neutral uncommon unit, two common units, two others being rare, and the last being unique. Unlike the several neutral units Siegfried has at his disposal.

On top of that, if that pattern stays true to the last release there will only be one new incorporeal unit in this release (which as of right now is a common tier 3 unit called untamed wraith).

See you on the battleground!

Mass grave will work again on Wolf Captains. It's cost is still 2. Might requirement is increased.

Kieran wont be a popular hero i guess. And the change of his ability will kill him instead. It is a nerf but a huge one imo. I prefered to remove his primal school.

Totally agree with Fleshbane

hydramarine
05-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Siegfried is neither OP or UP and should be revert back to his initial stage. The real problem, that I posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721500-The-Champions?p=8665724#post8665724) many months ago, is how his ability works with neutral characters. Simply make it so that his ability only affects Haven units and bingo problem solved with DA along with any other potential neutral unit!
So you want to use 6 HP Wolf Captains with 2 resource, 3 hp Tithes, 7 HP Praetorians and Griffing Mounted Knights, 6 hp Sun riders, etc WHILE drawing a card every turn.

Do you know what I say to that? Wake up and smell the OP'ness. If you cant see it, noone here can help you.

Fleshbane has limited options, and once his options increase a lot more, I am sure he will be balanced in a similar manner. Takane is not even close to Fleshbane's territory.

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 07:47 AM
More importantly when is the patch? Taking your sweet time on this one.

X-Chaoscontrol
05-28-2013, 08:26 AM
More importantly when is the patch? Taking your sweet time on this one.
I really hope it's a surprise, or a joke, or just some non-important problem that they're trying to solve very fast, and they will give it us today without problems. Maybe they didn't want to give details to be able to delay it if they can't solve it.
I hope, by any means, that they won't delay it. I don't care if it's with info, without or whatever, just publish the patch today. XD

federnxd
05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
i hope "bugs" refers to the "can't click left card bugs". So it works on xp.... :S still can't find why i can't run the launcher

DarkAutist666
05-28-2013, 09:20 AM
and that the new version runs on xp

Im playing on two PC with XP and dont have any problems with it.

Btw

- Tower of Oblivion: Both players discard down to 6 cards at random and take 1 damage from each card discarded this way.

One of the best days in my life.

Aza404
05-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Dear Champions,

There is a big chance that the expansion will be delayed. I will be updating this thread on a regular basis with details on the maintenance times.
Also, thank you for your questions and feedback: I will pass this on to the devs and see what answers we can provide you guys.

Best,
Aza and the DoC Team

Mooshar
05-28-2013, 09:52 AM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Im playing on two PC with XP and dont have any problems with it.
Btw
One of the best days in my life.

Its worst that they can imagine do destroy game balace ! Nerf Towers, wtf ?
Now every Garant can put his hands into my library at cost only 1 fortune, drop Kat's finale and I have no more ways to win, because with 1-2 Towers I have a small chance, even after Cosmic.
Its the same as in original Heroes delete the most powerfull spells and force everybody to play only might.
So, If some players don't like to play creatures they now can pack all their little things and get off the project, right ?
Let's rename it " Duel of Might and Might Champions".

hydramarine
05-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Ubisoft, once again, you failed to follow through your word and proved how much of ameteurish company you really are.

Blastofek
05-28-2013, 10:02 AM
The most unbearable thing is: PATCHNOTES.

Most of the stuff is card modifications of old cards that should be dealt with 5MONTHS AGO (not all tho).

Is an expansion or simply minor patch that comes out every 4-5months that adds max 3-4things...

Tbh I'm a dissapointed alot... The game will be playable for max one month and then there will be nothing for next 5-6months.

I wonder even if we gonna see that "expansion" today.

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 10:04 AM
actually, I think that they understood that after nerfing Towers lots of players just stand up and quit.

Furterfut
05-28-2013, 10:04 AM
"Will be delayed". Such incompetence http://i.imgur.com/s3TtGag.png

Kazbar, that's what I said some posts ago. They want to force us to play only with creatures. Like, its a must. Removing combo archetype really in bad way. If that's what you want Ubi, then no problem. they most likely dont care about our pleas at all

Le.Rancord
05-28-2013, 10:28 AM
I guess we wait now first, and complain later if it is true, that it will get delayed *id be very disappointment*

Frozen-Drake
05-28-2013, 10:28 AM
so, only patch with chat/nerfs/buffs but no expansion?

@ the otk cryers: end of the abuse, that's it... otk was unexpected thing they failed to see
tower was only made to counter fate sealer, throne and other fog effects were meant to be a situational counter for creature stacking decks
they just forgot to try them both in the same deck... OTK it's not an archetype, it's a BUG

Kommutierung
05-28-2013, 10:34 AM
and they found that out today? seems like someone of ubi woke up today and thought "oh lets delay the new expansion a bit"...

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
On the german forum they say, that they have to wait for apple to approve the update once again -.-

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
to be serious, the only reason of why all this delays happens - this project is unprofitable
OTK is the same kind of game strategy as any other. There are lots of special cards in game to counter it.

kafu_ka
05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Hmm, bad things not only happen in literature..

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Dear Champions,

There is a big chance that the expansion will be delayed. I will be updating this thread on a regular basis with details on the maintenance times.
Also, thank you for your questions and feedback: I will pass this on to the devs and see what answers we can provide you guys.

Best,
Aza and the DoC Team
Debating a charge back on all my seals I purchased now over this. Getting my money back might be the best response to this.

DoubleDeck
05-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I hope it gets released today....

Hiffix
05-28-2013, 10:51 AM
They forgot nerf Phrias so patch is delayed :)

RedEmperor30
05-28-2013, 10:52 AM
I think that if this needs to be delayed to make sure all is 100%, then so be it. None of us want to end up with an H6 release situation, where game was launched because of immense pressure from all sides - with a lot that need to be fixed.

Perhaps the DOC dev's can offer up some extra special offerings in the shop for the people that have raced to acquire seals, although it would be senseless to spend them now, instead of on the Herald packs/decks/cards.

Ursburs
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
They want earn more money from void rising discount ;) week -30%, next week -60%

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 10:56 AM
rumor is cause of waiting for apple to approve the update for ipad. This is why it never should have been on ipad, apple is so tight fisted with anything on their platform...

Hantziie
05-28-2013, 11:00 AM
You guys are so impatient.

Maelius
05-28-2013, 11:01 AM
If the rumours are true then I am kind of curious as to why they can't release the patches seperately... (For PC and iPad that is)

jika1o1
05-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Its joke. No info about patch (only yesterday), no realise date, no comunication with community.
And no patch today. H@H@H@ 5 monts and you cant patching at time.

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 11:04 AM
You guys are so impatient.

Not really, Its just I have Tuesday off and have been hyped for this. Enough so that I spent an extra $50.00 on seals so I would have enough to open 5 boxes. If it still comes out today great, if not my bank would let me charge back this purchase + all of this months purchases and I might decide to do that just to vote with my dollars. Not that $200 bucks will kill ubisoft but thats not the principle of the matter.

DanielKurzempa
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
So, If some players don't like to play creatures they now can pack all their little things and get off the project, right ?

In all card games you played monsters card so I do not understand your disappointment.
If you can only play one type of deck(OTK) that really should give up this game.
The card game is constantly coming up with new strategies and playing different types of deck than standing in one place and playing only one and the same Nergal OTK.

Werolt
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
If the rumours are true then I am kind of curious as to why they can't release the patches seperately... (For PC and iPad that is)

Nope because all players from PC and iPad version are useing same game servers.

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Well its 5am, I'm going to bed, hopefully when I get up there is good or at least somewhat decent news. I swear ubi if you say its gonna be next week or later I will be taking all my money back from you.

Aegon82
05-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Not really, Its just I have Tuesday off and have been hyped for this. Enough so that I spent an extra $50.00 on seals so I would have enough to open 5 boxes. If it still comes out today great, if not my bank would let me charge back this purchase + all of this months purchases and I might decide to do that just to vote with my dollars. Not that $200 bucks will kill ubisoft but thats not the principle of the matter.

Your bank allows you to pay and then it gives you back your money if you want? And what about the things you bought with that money? Your bank gives them back to the store? You suddenly lose the seals and cards you've bought this month?
Shouldn't you ask Ubisoft for that and not your bank?

trupiciel
05-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Your bank allows you to pay and then it gives you back your money if you want? And what about the things you bought with that money? Your bank gives them back to the store? You suddenly lose the seals and cards you've bought this month?

Anything is possible in the land of freedom :D

Hantziie
05-28-2013, 11:29 AM

You can still use that seals when the expansion comes out ;)

Aegon82
05-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Anything is possible in the land of freedom :D

Nice! I want my money in that bank!

On topic, I hope the expansion gets on sale today... If the problem is that Apple hasn't approved the update yet, it's just bad planning, they should have sent them to Apple weeks ago, or tell us the expansion comes on June, and if they manage to get it earlier, everybody happy...

Enclase
05-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Dear Lord...I have no more words for that...

goilo
05-28-2013, 12:10 PM
ubisoft have no go from apple for the update.
without a go from apple no update and we have to wait.

magiuspaulus
05-28-2013, 12:12 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/HOTV_JournalPicture.jpg

Card Modifications:
- Throne of Renewal: Lose all resources instead of losing the possibility to play Fortunes afterwards.
- Shantiri Ruins: Only target non-uniques.
- Asha Uses All: Only target non-uniques.

- Martyr: Now prevents only damage from your opponent.
- Cleansing : Now costs 3
- Mass Dispel : Now costs 2

- Wolf Captain: +1 Might
- Greater Fire Elemental: -2 Might, +1 Magic
- Mizu-Kami: -1 Magic
- Chaos Imp: +1 Destiny
- Wandering Bard: +1 Destiny
- Helexian Librarian: +1 Destiny
- Dark Assassin: Strength is now 3, removed the 1 damage owner gets when attacking with DA

You accidently forgot a card, i fixed that for you ;)

MT...
05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. There is still three days left in this month and I don't recall them saying the expansion is being released on the 28.

But I do recall them saying it will be released by the end of May!

And in regard to your comment hyrdramarine, I find players who use Siegfried to be one of the easier heroes to deal with. So yes they can keep there " 6 HP Wolf Captains with 2 resource, 3 hp Tithes, 7 HP Praetorians and Griffin Mounted Knights, 6 hp Sun riders, etc", because my deck happens to beat them left and right.

And that's the point! there is an arch type deck for everyone's deck. Mine is Sanctuary. With 80% of there creatures being magic; add in the ability of Ishuma and all of sudden my incorporeal units are pretty useless. But I'm not complaining that their overpower, I just accepted that as part of the game and continue playing.

No one deck should beat all decks and that's the way it should be!

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrwM4TSNvw

Some gameplay footage from the upcoming Herald of the Void expansion, to be released on May 28th 2013.
Download the game here : http://www.duelofchampions.com
// Twitter: @duelofchampions
// Facebook : www.facebook.com/mightmagicduelofchampio*ns //

Hiffix
05-28-2013, 12:22 PM
w00t Dark Assassin: Strength is now 3, removed the 1 damage owner gets when attacking with DA

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 12:24 PM
w00t Dark Assassin: Strength is now 3, removed the 1 damage owner gets when attacking with DA

No, not really...

NorsemanXXI
05-28-2013, 12:29 PM
http://www.chuck-a-con.net/MTG-angrymobDRK.jpg

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 12:30 PM

You just saved my day! xD

Tarragon
05-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Ahh, good old mob, loved that card when i was starting playing mtg...

On topic:

1. Why Expansion is propably delayed? Its about confirmation from apple?

2. If apple is the reason, when did u give them the patch to look over it and did they give u a date when they'll finished?

3. As mentioned before, Patchnotes have to look different, almost no detailed Info and before release, a full Spoiler should be shown...

4. Ok, it will propably delayed, but as far as I know, there wasnt ever posted a release date, I would really like to know when it was planned to be released and when it will be released if it will be
delayed.

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 12:40 PM
4. Ok, it will propably delayed, but as far as I know, there wasnt ever posted a release date, I would really like to know when it was planned to be released and when it will be released if it will be
delayed.

I posted a link with this info just a few minutes ago... :P
Does anyone even read this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrwM4TSNvw

Some gameplay footage from the upcoming Herald of the Void expansion, to be released on May 28th 2013.
Download the game here : http://www.duelofchampions.com
// Twitter: @duelofchampions
// Facebook : www.facebook.com/mightmagicduelofchampio*ns //

Ursburs
05-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Ahh, good old mob, loved that card when i was starting playing mtg...

delayed.
In official UBI video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4IrwM4TSNvw#!

Tarragon
05-28-2013, 12:48 PM
I posted a link with this info just a few minutes ago... :P
Does anyone even read this thread?

Mäh, I never check Youtube links, sry, so I overread ur post, but infos like this should be posted in the Patchnotes and not only as comment of a Youtube video, and the second part of my question is still there, if it will be delayed, what will the new release date be?

Edit:

In official UBI video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4IrwM4TSNvw#!

Yeah, I see, but why is it only given in a Youtube video and not on this forum. I mean, I dont have the time to, and if I had it I still wouldnt want to, check a billion of different sources to pick infos together. This is the international Forum of this game, so every important info for this game should be posted here first.

LordMaldazar
05-28-2013, 12:54 PM
People, just relax, seriously, the delay is probably NOT ubi's fault, Apple sometimes just takes a long time to accept Apps, this can really take weeks, I have seen the same with Shadow Era...

Also, so far UBI has been good with his promisses on this game, they have released one expansion very fast and now there is already a second one around the corner (any day now it's released...)

Of course, they could release expansion only for PC (so that they do not depend on Apple), but then people would also complain.. people just love to complain...

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 12:56 PM
The card game is constantly coming up with new strategies and playing different types of deck than standing in one place and playing only one and the same Nergal OTK.
No, I don't like Nergal Otk, It's too slow and unflexible deck. http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/3628/
But Tower was a great support card for many decks, not only Otk. And now they made it anty-OTk card, wtf !

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I see, but why is it only given in a Youtube video and not on this forum. I mean, I dont have the time to, and if I had it I still wouldnt want to, check a billion of different sources to pick infos together. This is the international Forum of this game, so every important info for this game should be posted here first.

I am quite sure that it once was posted here, but was edited...
But you are right, information is quite all over the place these days.

Frozen-Drake
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Also, so far UBI has been good with his promisses on this game, they have released one expansion very fast and now there is already a second one around the corner (any day now it's released...)

just fyi herald of the void was scheduled for late march

Maelius
05-28-2013, 01:06 PM

You just made my day ! :D (Although I used to play Green deck :p)

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 01:09 PM
It's mid-may here ^^
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/763204-Developers-Bulletin-3-%28April-4th-2013%29

But serioulsy: I know this is dissapointing, but please lets just be patient.

For me, it looks like this:
When the devs name a date and it's not accurate (because of problems like this, which they can do nothing about) ---> complain about the devs not beeing able to keep their promises
When the devs do not name a date (because they really can't do it accurately) ---> complain about the devs not beeing able to give detailed patchnotes/infos
Conclusion: Complain about devs, no matter what!
Really?

I bet the devs are not happy about this situation either and a ****storm like this really isn't helpfull.

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 01:11 PM
By the way, Tarragon, why did U steal my nickname ? I invented it more than 2 years ago, for example: http://riftworld.ru/forum/member.php?u=90695

SenseiKoudai
05-28-2013, 01:16 PM
By the way, Tarragon, why did U steal my nickname ? I invented it more than 2 years ago, for example: http://riftworld.ru/forum/member.php?u=90695

I can't believe this...
Is this guy for real, or is he just a troll?

Tarragon
05-28-2013, 01:19 PM

Haha, I use this Nick a bit longer, I have "stolen" it from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Call , go to discography and look at the names of teir relases.

Edit:

I can't believe this...

I dont know, but regarding his comments about Cosmic and OTKs I would say propably he could be a troll.

LuziferXYZ
05-28-2013, 01:21 PM
I bet the devs are not happy about this situation either and a ****storm like this really isn't helpfull.
I think the same way. This whole rage is really sad.

I can't believe this...
Troll. ;)

Pulpeiro
05-28-2013, 01:23 PM
People, just relax, seriously, the delay is probably NOT ubi's fault, Apple sometimes just takes a long time to accept Apps, this can really take weeks, I have seen the same with Shadow Era...

Of course, they could release expansion only for PC (so that they do not depend on Apple), but then people would also complain.. people just love to complain...
+1

And Tarragona is a spanish city.

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I was there, its in Columbia, the place called Tarragona Beach.
But I didn't know about that music group, seems they do it before me )

filo9011
05-28-2013, 01:32 PM
In my opinion if the expansion will be delayed thay should at least show us all cards today.

Elementalist.
05-28-2013, 01:38 PM
What's the fuss about anyway? Did anyone honestly believe that the addon would come before afternoon? :) If ubi has proven anything is not to hold your breath on a release day :p

RedEmperor30
05-28-2013, 01:45 PM
In my opinion if the expansion will be delayed thay should at least show us all cards today.

LIKE that suggestion ;)))))))))))

ulpsz
05-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Are you stupid? It now takes 3 might not 2 to bring out wolf captain, nothing else about her changed. I can't take anything else you say seriously after your idiotic first statement.

I red wrong , thought they increased it's cost..to 3.. , Wc is just slightley weaker than before ..they should have increased its ret to +1

and how can a grown up person be so childish...??? calling someone stupid over a game..rein im your frustrations kiddo..get layed or get out more....

it's not like we're discussing scince or professional sports here

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I red the same, like "WC now has +1 to a might, i.e +1 attack)

DDarkAn
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Dear Champions,

Best,
Aza and the DoC Team

Aza, show us some news from DEVs, please
it's getting hot out here...

Vernitrax
05-28-2013, 02:22 PM
In my opinion devs should give us new code for free cards from new expansion for that delay ;)

Ninetythree
05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Sorry guys, just a quick post for all the Tower players:
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

JohnDruitt
05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
What delay? There is no delay!

Keops1974
05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Aza, show us some news from DEVs, please
it's getting hot out here...

Good source, very good source, the one you're asking for above: devs are as pissed on this as you are, they are indeed waiting on Apple.

That is the main reason why not many cross-platform online games exist, it will be even tougher if they release an Android version.

Pulpeiro
05-28-2013, 02:34 PM
If Apple is making us wait... Then I want a Mac version too, so I can wait happier!! XD

// Well, there's a Tarragona in Columbia too, but it's not a spanish city :P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarragona

Heroesfan123
05-28-2013, 02:44 PM
So this will happen again with every new expansion? :mad:

DoubleDeck
05-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Patience people....the addon will come, oh yes, the addoon will come!

It is inevitable.

Kwasowy
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Brace yourselves, herald of the void is coming.

Elementalist.
05-28-2013, 02:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/559004_508007872552569_1256524435_n.jpg

Furterfut
05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Hell yes Elvin

rafalkup
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Can we at least get an update ?

goilo
05-28-2013, 03:38 PM
ubisoft has no permission from Apple. so we have to wait.

Kraven_Moorhead
05-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Still no new updates to the client and no new exp in the store! I am eager to spend money and see what the deals are. I don't know why the DEVs are always so slow to post updates and news about this game! It's like they are on island time instead of real world time!

Frozen-Drake
05-28-2013, 03:43 PM
how about suspending ipad version for some days and release the pc version?

srsly, the playerbase of this game is like 2k/3k ppl... among them there are like 30/40 guys that use the ipad version

Still no new updates to the client and no new exp in the store! I am eager to spend money and see what the deals are. I don't know why the DEVs are always so slow to post updates and news about this game! It's like they are on island time instead of real world time!

you'll know expansion will be released when you see the server down for about 6-8 hours

FuriouS-BarteS
05-28-2013, 03:44 PM
and play in work -.-'

kokomando2
05-28-2013, 03:49 PM
So we have to wait because of apple? Well... I guess I have another reason to hate apple. But I know that complaining isn't going to speed things up.

X-Chaoscontrol
05-28-2013, 03:52 PM
I just can't understand why is so important a secondary version of a game. :S
If it was mine, I wouldn't wait for the secondary version to launch the primary one. It's not worth it to bother 80% of the player base. That makes you lose credibility, which imo is pretty important. On the other hand, launching the secondary version late doesn't punish the business in any hard way in terms of weight.

Just my opinion, my studies on management must be useful for these things at least. XD I'm probably wrong for some unknown reason. ^^

Aegon82
05-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Is there a source where it says we are waiting for Apple's approval?
Anyway, if that's the reason, no point blaming Apple, if Ubisoft said the expansion would be up today, they should have sent the update to apple weeks ago. They already had an update before, so they know how long it takes.

Frozen-Drake
05-28-2013, 03:58 PM
personally i think the apple problem may be fake, if the reason of the delay was apple's, they would have happily said it...

X-Chaoscontrol
05-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Is there a source where it says we are waiting for Apple's approval?
Anyway, if that's the reason, no point blaming Apple, if Ubisoft said the expansion would be up today, they should have sent the update to apple weeks ago. They already had an update before, so they know how long it takes.

personally the apple problem may be fake, if the reason of the delay was apple's, they would have happily said it...

They have said it happily. Not here, but on the IRC chat. That's where we got it.

Aegon82
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Well, at least it's official then.
Still don't think it's Apple's fault. If you don't have the approval yet, don't put a release date.

Air2Ground
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Dear Champions,

Best,
Aza and the DoC Team

How about an official update for the community, I realise that there is a problem with the app store process but a little info 'straight from the horses mouth' would be good (not everyone uses IRC chat)

kazzbar
05-28-2013, 04:16 PM
people ! don't stop complaining !
the more complains the more reward for this like extra seals and redeem codes !
so, cry them a river now

Hantziie
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
you really need to grow up people.

Air2Ground
05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
you really need to grow up people.

Yes some people are whining and need to chill out, other people just want to know what is happening. Personally It doesn't bother me that it is delayed, but information is either scattered all over the place or non-existent.

A simple explanation from Aza would satisfy a lot of people and reduce the whining to bearable levels :)

Come on Ubi, we love the game and we will shrug off minor things like shoddy patch notes and delays if you just keep us properly informed - we are your paying customers after all! :p

r3tsa
05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/matrix_disc

Offcial cards spoiler in few minutes by Matrix, some people should be satisfied...

Devilmark999
05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Seriously, i really cant understand why i have to complete a mosaic to understand something instead of writing HERE on the OFFICIAL FORUM.
Time of release on Facebook, 28 May on youtube, delay on IRC chat...*******...
Could you please, and im facepalming hard just thinking that im asking this to a company like Ubisoft, use this forum as an official point to talk about?
Im not talking about ONLY HERE.
Of course, Facebook, Youtube, IRC chat on MMDoC...are all good way to communicate...but not of all can search all the internet stuff related to DoC the whole day, sometimes, you wanna simply log the official forum and read the news, end of story.

ArcaneAzmadi
05-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Oof. The nerf to Throne of Renewal is pretty brutal. It was a pretty conditional card already -you'd get to redeploy first, but your opponent would get their full turn's resources to redeploy, while you had to pay for the Throne first, which cut down your options a lot- but now you don't get to redeploy first at all. The only way I can see that it's useful now in any but the most specific circumstances is if you combo it with a few copies of Inheritence to at least get SOMETHING out before your opponent overruns you.

I don't see why the Librarian got nerfed, it was pretty useless already if you ask me. Late game it's OK as a chump blocker to let you cycle cards, but the nerf (+1 Destiny) is meaningless by then. And early game, it's still overpriced (if it was 1R it'd be fine, but 2R is too much to pay for a 0/0/1 critter with no abilities).

Of course, I'm still new to this game, so it's possible there are some really nasty tricks out there in the meta that I'm not aware of. Oh well, live and learn.

hippek
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
I still can't believe why Ubi focuses on nerfing Haven heroes. Why would I care about top 1500+ ELO? Im sitting on 600-1000 and 95% of my enemies are necro/inferno. Siegfried has like what 2 attack creatures (except one) till 5 might? Why don't they nerf DA or neutral melee overal. Now I'm forced to switch to ****ty Inferno because 10 - 20 people in the world are playing Siegfried rush with 4 DAs (the card I've never seen).

Pulpeiro
05-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I guess some nerfs are because of new cards and abilities. We will see.

MT...
05-28-2013, 07:15 PM
For the daily awards to be granted, does one have to just log in to gain them or play for a specific amount of time.

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I've slept now. I've calmed down about my irritation. I will say this I am very, very disappointed in the developers for the delay. That being said I was about to go post on their facebook page when I found this. https://www.facebook.com/MightMagicDuelofChampions

"Might & Magic - Duel of Champions- We will keep you updated guys, tomorrow is the target"

Sikor485
05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I still can't believe why Ubi focuses on nerfing Haven heroes. Why would I care about top 1500+ ELO? Im sitting on 600-1000 and 95% of my enemies are necro/inferno. Siegfried has like what 2 attack creatures (except one) till 5 might? Why don't they nerf DA or neutral melee overal. Now I'm forced to switch to ****ty Inferno because 10 - 20 people in the world are playing Siegfried rush with 4 DAs (the card I've never seen).

I'm sorry to say that but all the balancing things are done according to the top decks. If you're sitting on 600-1000 elo, you either don't have enough proper cards or make mistakes during games.

reapersaurus
05-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it's pretty clear that every single person (devs, playtesters, etc) involved in this game is high level, and only gives a crap about high level.
They have proven their lack of interest in targeting improvements to low-level or mid-level players.

Other than the (finally!) protecting of players from the disgusting onslaught of high-level players slumming down to low ELO to ambush newer players, the devs have shown an incredible lack of awareness or concern of what non-high-level play is like in this game.

In fact, I've seen the term "elitist" thrown out WAY too often in gaming and society in general, but this is one example where "Elitist" PERFECTLY describes the behavior of the devs of DoC.

r3tsa
05-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Hell, I wonder why are you still here?

Quequetos
05-28-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry to say that but all the balancing things are done according to the top decks. If you're sitting on 600-1000 elo, you either don't have enough proper cards or make mistakes during games.

If I make a mistake during the game, it's not the developers fault, it's mine.

joejoe19681968
05-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Four in the morning here in Thailand and anxiously waiting for the update.

However, really enjoyed the videos by Matrix. Lovely guy and great presentation. Many thanks.

nukmnukm
05-28-2013, 11:41 PM
If I make a mistake during the game, it's not the developers fault, it's mine.

you are missing the point though. in the end, the cards need to be balanced at the highest level of play, i agrre. but for the success of the game, its very very import that it is fun to play at all levels. and balancing is certainly part of that. its a complex issue but just ignoring players because they are below 1xxx elo is a mistake that can absolutely let to the failure of the game overall.

DragoAskani
05-28-2013, 11:45 PM
you are missing the point though. in the end, the cards need to be balanced at the highest level of play, i agrre. but for the success of the game, its very very import that it is fun to play at all levels. and balancing is certainly part of that. its a complex issue but just ignoring players because they are below 1xxx elo is a mistake that can absolutely let to the failure of the game overall.

At the same time catering to bad players is also a bad idea and can lead to failure of the game overall. Its a balancing act.

hippek
05-29-2013, 12:05 AM
At the same time catering to bad players is also a bad idea and can lead to failure of the game overall. Its a balancing act.

Look I was a member of WoW comunnity for quite a long time (around 6 years). And I do know from my own experience balancing over CASUAL players mostly is the way to improve player pool. Is it so hard to notice it?
Of course you have to focus on top tier as well. But am I mistaken saying if you get from 1 to 1500 ELO, 80% decks you will challenge will me Arianna and various Inferno decks? Why nerfing Haven heroes if you can nerf clearly OP cards in synergy with them?
Now I switched to Stronghold and it's not even funny how easy is to kill any Haven player. And yet I meet Arianna killing my creatured for 4 resource points because they recieve Enrage counter. Is it a joke? How is it even possible? And in patch notes I read nerfing Siegfried, instead of her. Because of what? A bunch of people being lucky enough to get 4 DAs in boosters?
TL:DR
Want the game to progress give some love to MAJORITY not to a few lucky rollers.

Sikor485
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Look I was a member of WoW comunnity for quite a long time (around 6 years). And I do know from my own experience balancing over CASUAL players mostly is the way to improve player pool. Is it so hard to notice it?
Of course you have to focus on top tier as well. But am I mistaken saying if you get from 1 to 1500 ELO, 80% decks you will challenge will me Arianna and various Inferno decks? Why nerfing Haven heroes if you can nerf clearly OP cards in synergy with them?
Now I switched to Stronghold and it's not even funny how easy is to kill any Haven player. And yet I meet Arianna killing my creatured for 4 resource points because they recieve Enrage counter. Is it a joke? How is it even possible? And in patch notes I read nerfing Siegfried, instead of her. Because of what? A bunch of people being lucky enough to get 4 DAs in boosters?
TL:DR
Want the game to progress give some love to MAJORITY not to a few lucky rollers.

Oh man, there's so much "wrongness" in your post.

First of all, I played WoW for a few years as well, you can't compare MMORPG to CCG. That's COMPLETELY different story. In WoW you had ****load of ways to give casual players more fun. You can't do that in card game without affecting top tier, really. And if people are competing at high level using haven, stronghold, sanctuary, inferno, necro... basically every deck, I gurantee you: THEY ARE VIABLE.

I just don't get people's logic in this one. HOW do you want to focus on "casuals" in card game? Bah, in every game that requires farm... That's the whole point, you play more, get more goodies, your char/account is stronger.
About your Ariana thing... her ability isn't THAT good as well. I agree it is good vs Stronghold but hey, ALL DECKS HAVE SOME SOFT/HARD COUNTERS.

And no, you dont meet only Arianas and Inferno Decks. Arianas are met maybe at 1000-1200, then 1200+ are mostly Kierans, Siegfrieds, Kelthors with occasional Kat Surprise attack, Ishuma and Nergal. Im 1400 now and I don't remember when I last met Inferno deck. And if it is Inferno, it's most likely Belias rush. I assure you, Kieran/Siegfried nerf was needed.

TLDR:
If you cry about losing at low-mid elo, farm more cards, learn the game or quit the game if you dont like it. ALL decks are viable there.

Psychobabble.au
05-29-2013, 01:10 AM
another thing to remember it that it's not just card pool, it's often sub-optimal deckbuilding and poor in-game strategy (based on lack of experience) that defines lower level metas. I wrote a big post on some of the mistakes I saw less experienced players making all the time after I did a big batch of swiss tournaments which were mostly against less experienced players. It's obviously futile balancing for sub-optimal play skill when the tools to fix the problems are already available to those players through further learning, not just more cards.

One good example of this is fireball. Fireball is an awful spell at higher levels because people know how to play around it, at which point it loses a lot of its value. It's omni-present at lower levels though, and can often be quite powerful, due to less experienced players.

Quequetos
05-29-2013, 01:43 AM
another thing to remember it that it's not just card pool, it's often sub-optimal deckbuilding and poor in-game strategy (based on lack of experience) that defines lower level metas. I wrote a big post on some of the mistakes I saw less experienced players making all the time after I did a big batch of swiss tournaments which were mostly against less experienced players. It's obviously futile balancing for sub-optimal play skill when the tools to fix the problems are already available to those players through further learning, not just more cards.

One good example of this is fireball. Fireball is an awful spell at higher levels because people know how to play around it, at which point it loses a lot of its value. It's omni-present at lower levels though, and can often be quite powerful, due to less experienced players.

Fireball is always good against wolf captain decks at higher levels.

r3tsa
05-29-2013, 01:45 AM
I haven't lost a single game playing with Kieran due to fireball. Oo

Quequetos
05-29-2013, 01:52 AM
I haven't lost a single game playing with Kieran due to fireball. Oo

I didn't say Fireball owned Kieran, let's remain reasonable.

trupiciel
05-29-2013, 02:00 AM
I must disagree wholeheartedly with the newbies, but, for once, I will try to reason with you instead of saying the usual 'play more, watch some streams, play more and then grind some more while learning from better players'.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that every single person (devs, playtesters, etc) involved in this game is high level, and only gives a crap about high level.
They have proven their lack of interest in targeting improvements to low-level or mid-level players.

What do you call daily rewards if not catering to low lvl players? Please, do tell me what would you like to call it? This is exactly what happened in Wow - they introduced daily quests and easy achivements with huge rewards and made the in-game communication and logistics more user friendly. This is exactly what the Devs are doing here in Mmdoc.

but for the success of the game, its very very import that it is fun to play at all levels. and balancing is certainly part of that.

I will make an assumption and shoot that you refer to fireball and soul reaver here. Both are spells which need to target a creature. Now with the expansion we get a few cards which prevent single creature from being targeted and also an EVENT (available to each and every deck and faction and hero and player) which triggers for 1 resource and makes one creature untargetable till your next turn. Doesn't it seem fun to be finally able to shield your precious fatties from harm?

Also, most of the overpowered cards which made the best players easily go over the 1500 elo mark, and which some of you claim to have never seen in action are getting nerfed, so what exactly is your problem here?

Sikor485
05-29-2013, 02:04 AM

Exactly. But the problem is 80% of players there think they are better than others and instead of trying to improve they prefer to QQ on the forums about how imbalanced the game is.
Usually they dont even allow others to help them saying: ZOMG IM GOOD, I DID EVERYTHING I COULD! ENEMY FACTION OP!
The other 20% accepts tips, learns and becomes better players.

DragoAskani
05-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Well at least the matrix stream showed EVERY single card. So I now know what the card pool is like. Lots of things I like, very few cards overall that seemed completely useless.

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 06:45 AM
I know why they decided to nerf Towers )
Because U don't need to donate to win with Towers )
But without Towers u should donate a lot to gain all that WC's, Banshees and other musthave cards to be in first tier !

Itimn
05-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Any idea when expansion will be released?

Demonese
05-29-2013, 07:48 AM
HAHAHA! Eat that!

NONONO! My Meatlord!

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 08:10 AM
NONONO! My Meatlord!
Yes, Zigi is just a piece of meat for my deck ))
same meat as Fleshbane

Le.Rancord
05-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I know why they decided to nerf Towers )
Because U don't need to donate to win with Towers )
But without Towers u should donate a lot to gain all that WC's, Banshees and other musthave cards to be in first tier !

Banshees were rather rare visitors for tier1. Wolf Captain got nerfed. In fact we talked about some nerfs in the stream yesterday as well. There alot of options to delve into, we talked about a lot of synergies and most of them dont revolve around a playset of an epic card.

K.iler
05-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Dear Champions,

Best,
Aza and the DoC Team

Does that mean once a day??

Itimn
05-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Good work Ubi... None news about release date/time, only excuses like " our target is tomorrow". You don't even respect our time and you force on us that we must wait all time searching for any information about release...

Elementalist.
05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
About daily rewards, will we need to login everyday to claim them or will they accumulate automatically if you don't play for a few days? Amd what about the 7th day? If we accumulate rewards the whole week but do not login to claim them on the last day, what happens then?

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 09:30 AM
After nerfing Heroes and cards it seems that only reasonable Hero to play is ... Ariana, sure ! Endless Stone Shield + Time Jump + Creature Control

Elementalist.
05-29-2013, 09:36 AM
My Kelthor has very consistent wins against her, regardless of elo. She's not that crazy

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Kelthor ? I just can't imagine how U beat her Stone Shield*6 ))
U cant dispell even one single Shield with this hero
Kelthor is my favorite piece of meat to stomp

patate_noire
05-29-2013, 09:52 AM
About daily rewards, will we need to login everyday to claim them or will they accumulate automatically if you don't play for a few days? Amd what about the 7th day? If we accumulate rewards the whole week but do not login to claim them on the last day, what happens then?

As we see on some vids, you have to connect and decide to grow or collect your reward. It's not: connect every 7 days and collect your stuff.

Pulpeiro
05-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Thank you Ubisoft, you cannot launch the expansion so you played it well with that great stream with Matrix_disc :)
It works for me, I can wait for a good expansion and you didn't forget us. Gambare!!!

Frozen-Drake
05-29-2013, 09:56 AM
hero nerfs on who? siegfried needed the nerf so hard and kieran... i don't even call it a nerf, his strenght is the spell schools and the starting stats, which they didn't touch
i think kieran will be even more used on this expansion thx to dispells being mandatory, together with other primal and light heroes

ppl were fearing fleshbane but with so many strong ongoing spells and his inability to use primal and light, he will be even worse than now, only stronghold can ompete without dispells thx to new creature

DoubleDeck
05-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I assume that if you log on day 1 and then again on day 6 for instance, your rewards will be on the Day 2 slot (Day 1 + Day 6 = 2 days logged on)

robvalue
05-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Did I hear something about ELO farming being addressed? What has been done to stop this?

Revelataen
05-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Did I hear something about ELO farming being addressed? What has been done to stop this?

Your elo gets higher as soon as you win to 6 * amount of wins score. And it's your elo but it can't be higher than 500 (using this model).

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 10:24 AM
nothing I guess. Bots not exists in this game - it's oficial version.

Hiffix
05-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Rl .. no news about patch? Absurd.

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 10:28 AM
What patch ? )

Itimn
05-29-2013, 10:31 AM
They are trolling :) they must have a lot of fun reading our posts...

Romichukr
05-29-2013, 10:51 AM
kazzbar, хватит троллить)

RedEmperor30
05-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Has there been any clarification on the 7th day reward, being ONLY gold, or are there other shiny items up for grabs?

Werolt
05-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Has there been any clarification on the 7th day reward, being ONLY gold, or are there other shiny items up for grabs?

It`s not only gold i can be tickets, xp/gold boost and even seals.

xaxanouliss
05-29-2013, 11:06 AM
From what has been seen in yesterdays spoil stream it will have something to do with seals.

Blastofek
05-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Better nerf Irelia and add flying master in Ungoro Crater.

WOOPS wrong game.

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Better nerf Irelia and add flying master in Ungoro Crater.
WOOPS wrong game.
Hey, I want this flying Master Of Ungoro Crater card ! There did U get one ?

kazzbar, хватит троллить)
I dont speak Polski sory

Itimn
05-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey, I want this flying Master Of Ungoro Crater card ! There did U get one ?

I dont speak Polski sory

It was russian xD

Mis02
05-29-2013, 11:41 AM
0Information 0 Professional Ubisoft <0

Itimn
05-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Ubisoft just tell us if You have some problems. Say anything about release...

Pelinkovac86
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97nAvTVeR6o

:D

joejoe19681968
05-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Anyone needing to quench their bloodlust or need some good gaming, Chivalry has been free on Steam and is a hoot! Definitely worth checking out and may help alleviate the pain. I suppose its a bit like playing Haven but in 1st person.

cucu99
05-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Guys, developers from Canada! Now the time in Quebec is 7:10 (early morning) I think we got news in the next few hours. Just patience:) I know, I feel how hard to keep patience:) You can see matrix stream with spoilers here: http://www.twitch.tv/matrix_disc/b/409463072 or other streamers here: http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Might%20&%20Magic%20Duel%20of%20Champions while you wait;)

Itimn
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Yep CuCu but it's not an excuse. Yesterday they f***ed up and they should be working all night to fix it...

Werolt
05-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Yep CuCu but it's not an excuse. Yesterday they f***ed up and they should be working all night to fix it...

And what if thats not theirs fault? Devs have families to. They did great work preparing this expansion. We can wait a little while just to show some respect.
As far as I know they are working hard to fix this!

cucu99
05-29-2013, 12:39 PM

As i know the delay was because apple don't accept new version to ipad. Devs can't do anything against this sadly...

Itimn
05-29-2013, 12:41 PM
As i know the delay was because apple don't accept new version to ipad. Devs can't do anything against this sadly...

Omg is there some apple on one of new cards?

Enclase
05-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Even this was never approved - only by the german communitymanager. Why is it so hard to explain us the problem? ;-)

If we should give some respect to the developers, they should give us some respect aswell - but like you see in the video of Pelinkovac: 'They dont care about us'. I have no idea why it is so hard to give us some updates. The last official post here was yesterday morning from Aza - you cant expect that everyone is watching streams to get iinformations...

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 12:52 PM
you cant expect that everyone is watching streams to get iinformations...
What ? WTF are all these "streams" that everybody is watching ? Some kind of Polish low budget ip-TV full of polish viruses ?

Enclase
05-29-2013, 12:53 PM
What ? WTF are all these "streams" that everybody is watching ? Some kind of Polish low budget ip-TV full of polish viruses ?

Matrix Spoiler-Stream for all HotV-Cards had over 1000 viewer yesterday - so a big part of all active MMDoC-Players. And i just say, that this cant be the way to get informations to all - because not everyoone is watching streams ;-)

Pulpeiro
05-29-2013, 12:54 PM

Are you serious?? lol, they don't live for us! And we don't live for this expansion, keep calm!

silence_69
05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
i really don't understand why people are freaking out about this. They have a delay, so what? Offcourse we are all waiting for the new cards, but im sure we all survive for some days more. And i totaly agree with Pulpeiro. You can't expect from devs to work 24. Just relax a bit and wait for some days before spamming this topic with WTF and OMG.

DoubleDeck
05-29-2013, 01:00 PM
At least wait until Friday for end of May.....if no expansion yet, then have a go here!

RedEmperor30
05-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Agreed guys, as with most projects, deadlines are set and these dates are a good guideline, should there be delays, so be it, you work to get the job complete. The current game works, it has no changes, and there are quite a few active players still having fun kicking each others ***;)

We are all disappointed it wasnt released on time, however this comes from us being excited to sink our teeth into the new cards and strategies. Perhaps we should have a frustrated tournament, and take out our feelings against eachother :p

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 01:05 PM
i really don't understand why people are freaking out about this. They have a delay, so what? Offcourse we are all waiting for the new cards, but im sure we all survive for some days more. And i totaly agree with Pulpeiro. You can't expect from devs to work 24. Just relax a bit and wait for some days before spamming this topic with WTF and OMG.
Im freaking out because my opponents are mostly slowpokes, and I have a lot of time to spam on this forum in every thread. Actually Im absolutelly don't care about this patch and your streams.
But if there be some new Hero banners for sale in that patch, Id buy some

Devilmark999
05-29-2013, 01:23 PM
But if there be some new Hero banners for sale in that patch, Id buy some

There are new banners.
You cant buy them.
You must win 20 ranked games with every new hero. Just like Kieran achi.

Vengyre
05-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Yay, patch is up! Can't wait to download it :>

SenseiKoudai
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Yay, patch is up! Can't wait to download it :>

Assuming this and every following post (coming from - propably 99% - of the forum users) as a troll.
There are very very few people I would believe such a statement ;)

Itimn
05-29-2013, 01:31 PM
When will be any information about release date on the new expansion?

Hiya,

Hopefully very soon!

Best,
Aza

can't wait

Darkryba
05-29-2013, 02:13 PM
It is my first post and I would like to say only one:

Congratulation devs. Good work with realising new content.

Are you 15 years old that don't know about possible problems?

I and my friends found this game about week ago and want to try it but after seeing as professional are devs we have a lot of doubts.

Good work gentlemen it is best way to mar first imperssion.

Deckky
05-29-2013, 02:17 PM
It is my first post and I would like to say only one:

Congratulation devs. Good work with realising new content.

Are you 15 years old that don't know about possible problems?

I and my friends found this game about week ago and want to try it but after seeing as professional are devs we have a lot of doubts.

Good work gentlemen it is best way to mar first imperssion.

Really?

You shouldnt have taken the red pil. Welcome to the real world.

kazzbar
05-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow, at last !
The Patch is now available to download and install !
I got this info from central Polish TV, its the Breaking News on all their channels !

Darkryba
05-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Another 15 years old troll.
Welcome.

Namatrius
05-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Welcome in real life :<

Darkryba
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
If your life is so bad so I pity you

You choose you play.

If you don't care so what are you doing on this forum boys?

MojoPolice
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Still no official word from anyone about the patch today....
Look guys, I can understand stuff happening beyond your control that can cause delays. That's fine, **** happens.

But the lack of communication by the devs is a big red flag for me. Telling your customers what's going on is something you guys really need to work on.
There is no one clear place for information (you really have to dig through threads). And the communication is lacking to say the least.

silence_69
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Look guys, I can understand stuff happening beyond your control that can cause delays. That's fine, **** happens.

But the lack of communication by the devs is a big red flag for me. Telling your customers what's going on is something you guys really need to work on.
There is no one clear place for information (you really have to dig through threads). And the communication is lacking to say the least.

Devs opened a topic for it( Information - Herald of the Void Expansion ) They said all new information about the release of the expansion will be added in here. So not all over the place right? if there is no news to tell then there is no news.

Mis02
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
0news=0players

Air2Ground
05-29-2013, 04:19 PM
If you haven't seen it yet Aza just posted in the other thread.....no release today and no release date mentioned either. Some bugs to iron out first.

Maelius
05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Where did they write that there would be no release today ?

NorsemanXXI
05-29-2013, 05:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lNttHDw.jpg

^^

Itimn
05-29-2013, 05:11 PM
@up: Owned xD

@ubisoft: Sitill only excuses... and no real information at all...

DantesInferno_
05-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Where did they write that there would be no release today ?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772230-Information-Herald-of-the-Void-Expansion?

SpaceElephant
05-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Hello guys! I felt I needed to put some words here. Aza already told you that we are still fixing stuff for Herald of the Void. He also created a thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772230-Information-Herald-of-the-Void-Expansion) about upcoming information.
First, we get your points here, and it's as frustrating for us than for you to not being to update the game when we have announced it. We are gamers too, and yes, it's bad to not being able to get an update when a new release is announced for our favorite game. These are the joys of live online games, some expansion are bigger than others and it brings new challenges for our team. For this one, we have changed our payment platform last week, this was a big chunk for us, adding to that HOTV, with the new cards and new social features. We have to deal with different external services to develop DoC, and it adds more challenge to us. This time we need to rapidly fix stuff and test it, to make sure we provide a great bugless version. Hopefully we will learn from this experience, and we'll try to do better for the next one!

I want you to know that actually the team here is working hard for you guys, we're doing our best to update the version as soon as we can, and we will keep you updated asap!

I also want to give shouts to Matrix.disc (http://www.twitch.tv/matrix_disc) , Le.Rancord, the MoMCards (http://momcards.fr/) guys and also CUCU99 (http://www.twitch.tv/cucu99), who did an awesome job yesterday streaming stuff and posting videos. It was planned very last minute, I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Tarragon
05-29-2013, 05:26 PM

This is exactly the point, the same problem at the Shades of Darkness release. I and I would say the most other players too, can undertsand that sometimes there are unexpected problems and devs cant hold their deadline. No problem. Happens. But the lack of communication, thats what annoys the most people, no real infos about why it has to be delayed and no comments when the probs propably will be solved, but thats the job of the publisher and not the dev team.

edit:

shouldnt go on the phone before sending the post...

Mis02
05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
This game is Crashing all the time even in swiss while duels
If you want to prove you care about customers give codes "SORRY4PATCH" "SORRY4CRASHES"
telling "we work in the best way hard" won';t solve anything its pure imagination

Maelius
05-29-2013, 05:29 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772230-Information-Herald-of-the-Void-Expansion?

And where exactly in this link did they state that there would be no patch today ? As far as i can see it is only the usually "we are trying our best" without any time given.