PDA

View Full Version : AC's end

andreycvetov
05-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I was wondering,are the ac games coming to an end.I love the franchise so much that i would like it to end with maximum another game or two ,before becoming an neveredning story like COD.Tell me what you think!

jayjay275
05-26-2013, 01:07 PM
I would like their last game to either be a massive game, which is fully polished and has a great storyline OR Game is relatively the same length, but is entirely modern day with some parts going back into the animus.

montagemik
05-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Realistically ................YES , Interest will drop eventually for many reasons , either from players or Developers

Theoretically .....................No - AC could go on indefinately .............It's about the 'Assassin's' not just 'History' . & past events.
They could carry on training up future generations of assassins with the animus tech.
Or release an ongoing series of Assassin/Templar games as an 'Abstergo Entertainment' game franchise ............ Less restrictive historical gameplay .

AssassinHMS
05-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Realistically ................YES , Interest will drop eventually for many reasons , either from players or Developers

The interest from the devs is already gone. AC3 had very few aspects that resembled the franchise and now, since they feel like doing a pirate game, we get AC4. It's a shame since this franchise had a lot of potencial, specially if the devs focused on stealth, on assassinations, on a lively world (not too big, not too small) full of mysteries, side missions, random events and with a good atmosphere. However, naval gameplay, a falsely advertised huge empty world (like the frontier) and lots of explosions sell more.

Theoretically .....................No - AC could go on indefinately .............It's about the 'Assassin's' not just 'History' . & past events.

Actually AC is no longer exclusively about assassins. It's about what the devs want to do. If they want pirates they'll make a pirate game, if they want an Uncharted game about the american revolution they'll do it as long as they slap the franchise's name in the title and the bad guys are templars.

I was wondering,are the ac games coming to an end.I love the franchise so much that i would like it to end with maximum another game or two ,before becoming an neveredning story like COD.Tell me what you think!

The games still sell quite a lot and as long as that remains the franchise won't end, however it will be unrecognizable. So far the series has lost its personality. What defines Assassin's Creed? The stealth? It used to be... The assassins? Not really. Naval gameplay? Maybe... Huge empty open worlds? More or less. Quantity over quality? For certain.
Each entry, the devs introduce something new but they don't improve the core mecanics (stealth is a mess, worse than before; combat is even easier and more ridiculous) and its all a matter of quantity before quality for them: Huge empty worlds, lots of useless weapons and equipment but no sheaths to place them, lots of explosions and mindless action,...

So, even if AC games don't come to a foreseeable end, they'll probably be a faceless mess...

pacmanate
05-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I want their last game to be AFTER a 2 year Hiatus or something. Something big, something without BUGS. and insects.