PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed...always on?

BATISTABUS
05-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I felt this was appropriate, with the next gen discussions and all.

It seems like every time I try to play Assassin's Creed (Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3 only) without an internet connection, the game prevents me from doing so. I have always gotten the same message, which says "Load failed. A required downloadable content is missing." Needless to say, none of my DLC is missing, nor does it need to be updated. Yesterday when trying to play AC3 without an internet connection, I got a message saying

"Some or all of your downloadable content requires a Title Update from Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to access it until the Title Update is applied."

I was up to date with all the AC updates and Xbox LIVE updates, and when I connected, a download was not initiated. To me, this seems like an authentication put in place to make sure people don't steal DLC.

It is what it is. I personally don't like it, but for all of you complaining about "always on" features on next-gen systems, this seems to be something AC fans already have to deal with. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does "always on" matter to you?

I put this in General Discussion instead of Technical Help because I mean to discuss this topic in a "meta" sense, and I'm not looking for a solution to this problem. If this is just a mistake on my end, and there is a way to prevent this from happening, then I'd appreciate it if a mod would move this (but not unless that is the case).

pacmanate
05-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Not sure, I never don't have my internet on so I can't say..

Shahkulu101
05-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Well my PS3 plays AC just fine without my internet. Mine was down the other month and all I did was play AC. Sounds a little strange although not sure if It's exclusively an Xbox problem.

BATISTABUS
05-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Have you purchased the DLCs?

EarthlyStudio1
05-24-2013, 09:43 PM
From what I heard, you need to download the brazilian/portugese language packet.

Shahkulu101
05-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Have you purchased the DLCs?

Yes, Both AC2 DLC's, Da vinci dissappearence and TOKW. Works just fine. Did you try and contact either ubi or microsoft about this?

EarthlyStudio1
05-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Someone online said they were having a similar problem and everything worked fine once they downloaded the language packet.

Kaschra
05-24-2013, 10:09 PM
I play the AC games on PS3 and I have also downloaded a few DLC, and I neve had this problem.

"Always on" does matter to me because... well, I don't and can't be always online with my PS3. My internet is not that great, and since I don't play multiplayer, I go online with my PS3 maybe once a month.