PDA

View Full Version : New Ability: Anchored!

Aza404
05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Once Ashan has you in its grasp, it is never letting go…

A creature with Anchored is locked to its current position on the battleground, and cannot be moved from that position by its controller, or by any other abilities, spells, fortunes, or events.

This basically means that Anchored creatures are immune to some powerful abilities like Outmaneuver, spells like Puppet Master, and fortunes like the Broken Bridge.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/bramble.jpg

In Herald of the Void, you’ll be seeing some creatures who have Anchored as an innate ability, as well as an ongoing spell that gives Anchored to creatures on the battleground.
To get through an anchored creature, you’re going to have to destroy it!

Khaeldorn
05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Kat and Shaar OTK are in heaven right now :D

kirnon
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Confused as to why this card is faction specific. Can only Orcs cultivate it or something.

r3tsa
05-23-2013, 04:09 PM
OTKs don't exactly have room for such creatures. :X

Bazaltovy
05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Khaeldorn was being sarcastic, r3 :)

nutlamb
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
http://thumbsnap.com/i/AS5hBWGC.jpg
Isuma: I can hit you all the time?

kirnon
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
different keyword anchored is not the same.

epicafricantoad
05-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Yearh. I like that creature. It seems to live in the jungle, maybe thats why its stronghold only:D it needes heat and high humidity lol!
cheers
Toad

MamuzShah
05-23-2013, 04:37 PM
different keyword anchored is not the same.

I hope that "cannot move" will becomes "immobilized" the 28th...

If not, we can expect that this game will become complex for nothing, unfriendly complex.

Frozen-Drake
05-23-2013, 04:46 PM
...as well as an ongoing spell that gives Anchored to creatures on the battleground.

...as well as an ongoing spell that gives Anchored to creatures on the battleground.

you mad, ishuma and ariana?

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Well thanks for screwing Sanctuary one more time.

unprepared4u
05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Well thanks for screwing Sanctuary one more time.

you mad, ishuma and ariana?

Such amazing contributions. I will strive to emulate you.

I think this is a very kool mechanic.

Is that enough words for you, Bazaltovy, or should I devote myself to a paragraph of in-depth analysis per post?

r3tsa
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Unkool response.

LordOfCrimson
05-23-2013, 06:31 PM
I don`t like this creature... It is not suitable with the Rage of the Orcs. It is ugly.

Elementalist.
05-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Seems pretty fitting for a shaman hero, earth mastery extends to plants.

LordOfCrimson
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Seems pretty fitting for a shaman hero, earth mastery extends to plants.
Shamans use sacrifices ;) They use some plants, but in other occasions.

Frozen-Drake
05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
it requires only 1 might, so it might work on otks even if actually they have so many fog effects that they don't need it
i can't find it fitting in any deck particularly atm
on the other hand, the ongoing spell... hope it's not cheap or it can actually screw the whole sanctuary faction, it's like an earth grasp vs shaar/kat otk

J4mesR4ge
05-23-2013, 09:58 PM
With this expansion all factions have drops of 2 resources creature blockers with abilitis like anchored, retribution, fire burst... I like it, blocker creatures are always usefull cards (except vs OTK xD)

MojoPolice
05-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Creature cards with the 'Anchored' ability would be awesome against OTK decks using Tower of Oblivion, since they wont be able to return your cards to your hand (makes throne and broken bridge a lot less effective).
Would love to see a creature with a root effect that would give Anchored to all nearby creatures.
I for one really like this new ability and hope there will be quite a few creatures along all the factions who get this.

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 10:23 PM
As a Sanctuary player i don't like this ._.

MojoPolice
05-23-2013, 10:56 PM
As a Sanctuary player i don't like this ._.
I play mostly Sanctuary as well and would agree that playing against many of these creatures would be a nightmare, since Outmanoeuvre is such a big thing for us. But I'm hopeful that Sanctuary would get some new creatures that might give Sanctuary some new and different edge. I can already see that Hypnotize will be a great counter to creatures with the Swift ability.

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 11:33 PM
I play mostly Sanctuary as well and would agree that playing against many of these creatures would be a nightmare, since Outmanoeuvre is such a big thing for us. But I'm hopeful that Sanctuary would get some new creatures that might give Sanctuary some new and different edge. I can already see that Hypnotize will be a great counter to creatures with the Swift ability.

That monster has also Magic Resist :/ Sanctuary is very magic creature based. This gonna be a pain in the *** for us.

Sandro_necro_
05-24-2013, 12:05 AM
I really like this card ! But Stronghold still don't have primal and can't deal with ongoing spell

Shambell
05-24-2013, 12:39 AM
And will never have primal...

LQDBrunt
05-24-2013, 12:39 AM
If only it could create another Bramble Beasts like they can in King's Bounty.
Regardless, i like it. It's new and completely different than anything we have now.

sickq2
05-24-2013, 04:01 AM
That monster has also Magic Resist :/ Sanctuary is very magic creature based. This gonna be a pain in the *** for us.

0/2/5 cant attack and its STRONGHOLD
dont cry too much ...

LordOfCrimson
05-24-2013, 08:17 AM
This thing is very ugly, but combined with Sacrificial altar it is a different story.

epicafricantoad
05-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Hantzz, this will be easy to counter!:D just ignore it. It cant attack. Place a maiden in front of it, and you get a shooter they can only deploy a shooter against:D Use this plant to your advantage + maiden is not a magical creature which often confuses the enemy while deploying crushers:P imho just a blocker for non-aggro decks.

cheers
Toad

CytherSlash
05-24-2013, 09:50 AM
now, thats what i call a Reason to play my Ghost Dragons :D
hip hip huuay Anchored!

DragoAskani
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Hmm interesting. Not sure how good the spell that gives this power will be though. Will just give OTKS a reason to run a few extra dispells I guess.

Hantziie
05-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Hantzz, this will be easy to counter!:D just ignore it. It cant attack. Place a maiden in front of it, and you get a shooter they can only deploy a shooter against:D Use this plant to your advantage + maiden is not a magical creature which often confuses the enemy while deploying crushers:P imho just a blocker for non-aggro decks.

cheers
Toad

"In Herald of the Void, you’ll be seeing some creatures who have Anchored as an innate ability, as well as an ongoing spell that gives Anchored to creatures on the battleground."

I'm not only worried about this one. :/

X-Chaoscontrol
05-24-2013, 11:49 AM

cheers
Toad
I totally agree here. This is not the card I fear. You can easily counter it, or better use it to your own profit. But that's only this card, some other cards with anchored and without "Can't attack" could be extremely hard to deal with.

epicafricantoad
05-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Then we'll use out honor to deal with them:D
cheers
Toad

nutlamb
05-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Anchored! oh,I'm fine...
Magic Resist...COME ON, MAN!
http://thumbsnap.com/i/qXD1O38W.jpg
PLANT not vulnerable to FIRE is just NO SCIENCE

MamuzShah
05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
PLANT not vulnerable to FIRE is just NO SCIENCE

You're underlining something i'm really afraid of : cards with statistics linked to random art design.
This strong weed could have immunity to Primal, Light or Water. But not to Dark or Fire, for sure.

In general, it's a bit strange to find Magic resistance against all kind of the schools together, and not more against only one or two schools.
In a bad design choice, in my opinion, because if the meta is using too much one specific school, players can't fight specifically against that school by adding specific cards. The consequence of this binary design (hate against all the magic schools or no one) is that the meta doesn't move too much without adding new cards or nerfing things.
With strong specific counters to specific faction or school, even the strongest deck in absolute loses his status of the strongest if he becomes too much fashionned.

Hantziie
05-24-2013, 06:07 PM
About the spoiler thread that was deleted: Good Bye OTK (Finally!)

Elementalist.
05-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it would be too hard to pull it off now.

bbrunetti
05-24-2013, 06:39 PM
About the spoiler thread that was deleted: Good Bye OTK (Finally!)

Don't be so sure. There are PLENTY of cards in this set that we did not see, and they could make OTK/deck denial VERY powerful. Most are unique, but game changing.

The silent death - Awesome card.

The Air magic one that allows you to relocate creatures indefinitely for one turn - Awesome.

I for one, am excited that Stronghold FINALLY has the means to dispel, thanks to the spellsmasher!

Add in some of the low cost direct damage cards and other useful spells, and I may have to switch from Fortune Kelthor to Spell-thor ;)

I think this new expansion really makes players have to think what direction they want to go in... Either we will see focused specialized decks, or it will be the advent of effective 75 card + decks, because there are too many good cards to ignore in this set without pulling good base set cards out of your current deck while trying to stay at 59.

Hantziie
05-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Don't be so sure. There are PLENTY of cards in this set that we did not see, and they could make OTK/deck denial VERY powerful. Most are unique, but game changing.

The silent death - Awesome card.

The Air magic one that allows you to relocate creatures indefinitely for one turn - Awesome.

I for one, am excited that Stronghold FINALLY has the means to dispel, thanks to the spellsmasher!

Add in some of the low cost direct damage cards and other useful spells, and I may have to switch from Fortune Kelthor to Spell-thor ;)

I think this new expansion really makes players have to think what direction they want to go in... Either we will see focused specialized decks, or it will be the advent of effective 75 card + decks, because there are too many good cards to ignore in this set without pulling good base set cards out of your current deck while trying to stay at 59.

Atleast there is more and better counters against OTK.

Elementalist.
05-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I think it is almost safe to say that otk will require some units with all those counters that can punish hands with over 6 cards.