PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy the Assissin's Creed 1 + 2 pack if you have a 12GB PS3!!

Elcoco79
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
I recently bought my PS3 and last week I ordered the 2 in 1 pack, Assassin's Creed I and Assissin's Creed II, which are on one bluray disc. The first surprise of the day is dat you have to install the Assissin's Creed I game which takes 8 GB to be able to play it (installation time: 45 minutes!!!). I have a 12GB PS3, so this basically means my hard drive is full and there is only little space left for some savegames. For example, I also bought Need for Speed: most wanted which needs 4 GB for an update to be able to play the online features and guess what, I can not install this update because my harddisk is full...
On the backside of the bluray box it does mention that 8 GB is required to play Assassin's Creed I, but when you buy it online like I did, this specification is mentioned nowhere by the online providers.
So if you have a 12GB PS3 do not buy this pack, because it will block you from playing other games caused by a full hard disk!!!! A fair warning to future users!!!

Secondly, when I started the game this morning and tried to load my savegame (memory block 4) the screen turned completely white and nothing happened for 15 minutes... The light which indicates that the harddrive is at work did not light up anymore, so nothing was happening and nothing was going to happen. I had no choice then to turn off the PS3. When I restarted the game and loaded my savegame I started in the room where the anymous is located. No persons to interact with in the room, and no doors will open, so I can walk through the room and do nothing... In other words, bye bye savegame. I tried re-installing the game, but same result remains.
In short, now I am furious that all my time spent on that game was completely useless, because I can start all over again, which I will not do, as installing the game blocks me from playing other games....

I have no problems with the gameplay, it is a fun game to play, but not if your savegame is that easily corrupted...

I sincerely hope I can play Assissin's creed II without further issues...

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Sorry but 12GB is useless in this day and age...

silvermercy
05-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Ah yes. I got the super Slim 12 GB recently and it's only for playing 1 or 2 games at a time. I still prefer my old Slim model because it's also less noisy! The new 12 GB keeps making loud disk-loading noises... :|

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Why the hell would anyone buy a 12GB console...

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Why the hell would anyone buy a 12GB console...

That's what Im saying. When you have games these days that have Mandatory installs, not to mention DLC, why would you want 12gb?

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 01:21 PM
That's what Im saying. When you have games these days that have Mandatory installs, not to mention DLC, why would you want 12gb?
Idk what size it was on consoles but let's take Max Payne 3, on PC it was 35GB......how the hell am i supposed to play that on this?

silvermercy
05-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Oh, personally, I've only bought a second 12 GB one because I travel a lot and it's very portable compared to my other one. ;) I can take it everywhere now. lol

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Idk what size it was on consoles but let's take Max Payne 3, on PC it was 35GB......how the hell am i supposed to play that on this?

It was 14.5 on consoles, luckily it didn't need a mandatory install haha.

Oh, personally, I've only bought a second 12 GB one because I travel a lot and it's very portable compared to my other one. ;) I can take it everywhere now. lol

Ah that makes sense :)

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
I didnt even know 12 gb existed...mine is 250...lol

lothario-da-be
05-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Mine is 120 :nonchalance:, i can't imagine a 12 then. why even buying?

montagemik
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Mine is 120 :nonchalance:, i can't imagine a 12 then. why even buying?

12 GB PS3 = Deluxe MP3 player perhaps :confused:

& Sorry OP , But i'm pretty sure the HDD /installation requirements are stated with Any games purchased - Before purchase .

lothario-da-be
05-22-2013, 07:08 PM
12 GB PS3 = Deluxe MP3 player perhaps :confused:

& Sorry OP , But i'm pretty sure the HDD /installation requirements are stated with Any games purchased - Before purchase .
lol yeahn cheap blueray too.

montagemik
05-22-2013, 07:10 PM
lol yeahn cheap blueray too.

in more ways than one . ;)