PDA

View Full Version : It's no fun to play without army

filipd81
05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope that someone reads this. After having sacrificed 90% of our armies there is nothing interesting to do anymore just sit and wait. It's damn stupid. The rifts are even weaker now than at the start when they appeared for the first time. With each new town I settle it's worse, weaker and weaker rifts. This sucks. Where is the challenge? We want stronger rifts and DE attack strength not entirely based on army power so we don't have to sacrifice all.

Each day one more player becomes inactive. The boredom is at its maximum level. Not to mention about the greyed players near my towns. Not a single one turned into a rift and some of them have been grey for months. 30 player alliance, 30 tickets, please answer at least one for some decency.

DXTed
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I will note this to the dev team. Thank you for posting your Issue Filipd.

AndreanDW
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
oh no, don't wake them up, let them sleep ...
god only knows what they will do if they are bothered - maybe they slow down the appearance of rifts, or decrease the rift awards, or slow down the speed of movement

AndreanDW
05-24-2013, 11:14 AM
That' s the current situation on one of our servers:

One One-man-alliance is holding a fortress, with no army left, and is very bored;
Another One-man-alliance holding a fortress deleted his account because he was bored - now the fortress belongs to the ... dwarfs - they show an attack by dark elfes for this fortress but this attack never appeared
One large alliance started to attack and hold fortresses - after they tried to fortify and lost the fortress anyway they gave up and do not fight for the fortresses any longer

Our alliance is fighting for the fortresses - we fortified ONE fortress, and attack so that we mainly hold 4 fortresses without losing the fortified one.
Within the fortified fortress we have currently about 30KK troops - that are (after sacrifying real troops) nearly all dwarven messages we got within the last 3 month.
We can either
fortify a second fortress - for this we need about 40KK troops within both fortresses - these can easily collected within the next 4 month
or
fortify the first fortress such that we can hold it when attacking til 8 fortresses at the same time - for this we need 40KK in this fortress - as long we do not buy more army
or
throw away our army to get lower attacks on the fortresses and weaker rifts at the same time - getting the same disappointing situation on a lower level of army strength

By the way: towns are meanwhile nearly build out; you get lots of money but cannot use it for anything: buying army makes the attacks bigger

With the current formula of the attacks you destroy the cooperativity on the server - you punish large alliances, you force the player to destroy their alliances, you force them to throw away their armies - that makes no sense!

You should evaluate the attacks on the fortresses on the basis of the MEAN army strength within the alliance, not the WHOLE army.
With the current formula you force a 30-men-alliance to have the same army like a one-man-alliance - that makes no sense!
With the current formula a one-man-alliance can hold 4 fortresses without problems while a 30-men-alliance has problems to hold 2 fortresses.

If you e.g. take within the current formula instead of the whole army number maybe 5 times the mean army number within the alliance you force a strong player with a one-men-alliance to make a real alliance with other players if he want to hold a fortress, and larger alliances could hold 4 fortresses without throwing away their army and getting bored the next months!

filipd81
05-24-2013, 04:32 PM
They have to be out of the Alliance to turn.

10 towns belong to 7 players without alliance. Other 3 inactive players who actually eat a lot of my territory belong to some alliances. I will ask the leader of one of these alliances to expel the inactive player hoping that this will help for smth. But what to do with the other 2 guys who have one-man alliances? :confused:

throw away our army to get lower attacks on the fortresses and weaker rifts at the same time - getting the same disappointing situation on a lower level of army strength

By the way: towns are meanwhile nearly build out; you get lots of money but cannot use it for anything: buying army makes the attacks bigger

That's what we did and many players are not pleased at all. Some of them even refuse to sacrifice most of their army. It is hard to explain that this way we can hold the fortresses for longer. Personally I recruit every single unit just to send it to some empty level. That's not a problem by itself but the rifts around became weaker than the NPC in my last town.

Everything would have been ok if the rifts were twice stronger. With more rewards we could keep more army. People will keep on recruiting, this will generate domination and bigger rifts will appear, the rewards will be enough to replenish the loses of the fortresses even when the attacks of DE grow stronger. It has been sad picture to beg the devs for months to fix the issue with the weak rifts. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't find a single comment that says the rifts are too strong or even just strong.

Steel-Boot
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM
even harder when the server keeps going down and wont let you in!

Lili_Ivanova
05-29-2013, 01:35 PM
the PVE server that I'm currently playing is soooo boring. You have to maintain low army power so the rift attacks doesn't become very strong and besides that you have no formidable enemy to fight. You wanted to make it equali challenging for bouth stronger and weaker players, well where is the challenge for the stronger ones???

Paul_Rotterdam
05-29-2013, 11:43 PM
its easier to play as a single than a 30 alliance now ffs

True, maybe next server 5 then make 3 alliances WoD1, WoD2 and WoD3 and do not go over 10 players in each and start competing for place 1 to make it more intresting and better playable.

I might join one of those as it seems a nice try to me.

perhaps also a similar KT 1-2-3 to have more fun.

greets Kemo