My Suggestion
1) Christopher nolan
2) Michael bay
3) Gore Verbinski

Whome Do you suggest

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Nobody, game movies fail.

But seriously...Michael Bay? You want it to be full of explosions everywhere?

montagemik
05-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Jerry Bruckheimer or Peter Jackson i'd say should do a good job with the source material .........................( doubt these guys will be chosen though )

roostersrule2
05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't really care but if I had to definitely Nolan man's a genius.

ZeldaEmblem
05-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Christopher Nolan definitely. But I'm sure he won't direct it :p

TheHumanTowel
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Seņor Spielbergo
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/853/853701/senor-spielbergo-20080220055603144.jpg

essbeebee
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Timur Bekmambatov, director of the best Assassin film ever made! :cool:

SixKeys
05-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Someone who's both capable as a director and understands the source material.

Aphex_Tim
05-23-2013, 05:40 AM
Zack Snyder.

montagemik
05-23-2013, 06:25 AM

True - though in all fairness I Can't ever remember seeing one that actually followed the same plot / content of the games too accurately ...............
Each one tries to go all 'New direction' & putting ' A Fresh take on things ' . ( or making anything cert 18 instantly cert 12/ 15 )

Stories & plots of books are rarely drastically altered with 'a fresh take on the story' when converted to big screen ................. Or theatre productions when made into movies.

It's almost as if they have no confidence in the source material without re-writing it first -
Too often using the old ""People don't want to see the exact same game story used on the big screen"" . When it's perfectly acceptable for other media translations to the big screen.

Game movies fail because they usually ignore / re-write what made the game stories successful in the first place.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2013, 07:23 AM
True - though in all fairness I Can't ever remember seeing one that actually followed the same plot / content of the games too accurately ...............
Each one tries to go all 'New direction' & putting ' A Fresh take on things ' . ( or making anything cert 18 instantly cert 12/ 15 )

Stories & plots of books are rarely drastically altered with 'a fresh take on the story' when converted to big screen ................. Or theatre productions when made into movies.

It's almost as if they have no confidence in the source material without re-writing it first -
Too often using the old ""People don't want to see the exact same game story used on the big screen"" . When it's perfectly acceptable for other media translations to the big screen.

Game movies fail because they usually ignore / re-write what made the game stories successful in the first place.

Game movies and movie games often fail because they usually follow the plot of the source but not all the way. Rather than either follow it completely, or not at all, the latter usually being a game/movie set in the same universe, or perhaps using the same characters as it's source. The latter is also what i would prefer for an AC movie.

Farlander1991
05-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Game movies and movie games often fail because they usually follow the plot of the source but not all the way. Rather than either follow it completely, or not at all, the latter usually being a game/movie set in the same universe, or perhaps using the same characters as it's source. The latter is also what i would prefer for an AC movie.

Here's the biggest irony about adaptations though: a lot of times you have to change things to be closer to the source (as contradicting as it sounds, but, you know... by closer to the source I mean not only in plot, but in spirit too). And to adapt to the new medium, obviously. Examples: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, where (as much as I love Tolkien's original work) I'd say at least 70% of the changes from the source material they made where necessary, somewhere 20% where unnecessary but still added to the quality, and admittedly 10% where weird and out of place (but, what you gonna do, sometimes it happens...). Or How to Train Your Dragon, which is one of the most awesome animated movies I've ever seen, and, really, the only thing that is left from the source is the general setting and character names. That's it.

A lot of fans of the original medium's work (regardless of what medium and what the work is) want the adaptations to strictly follow it for some reason, but, really, many times that's really not a good idea.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Uwe Boll, the greatest director of our age or any age, who has diligently and consistently graced us with his seemingly angelically-crafted masterpieces

Assassin_M
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Assassin_M, the greatest director of our age or any age, who has diligently and consistently graced us with his seemingly angelically-crafted masterpieces
>_>

AssassinHMS
05-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Indeed, AC3 is proof of that. Now that's one terrible movie...

But seriously...Michael Bay? You want it to be full of explosions everywhere?

Nah...they'll need Michael Bay if they decide to turn the last few games into movies.

shobhit7777777
05-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Uwe Boll

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Uwe Boll

Beat you to it :p

shobhit7777777
05-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Beat you to it :p

I'll beat you with it

Sushiglutton
05-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Ridley Scott

I-Like-Pie45
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Christopher Nolan should direct the Altair movie

While Uwe Boll and Michael Bay are both pretty good directors who've been wrongfully snubbed of Oscars I think the best people to direct the Ezio movie are Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer - they make movies to appeal to the bulk of the Ezio fanbase - the LCD.

Nicholas Winding Refn should direct the Connor movie.

Zak Snyder should direct the Edward movie, given his talent for handling sex scenes by drawing them out and slapping such amazingly unfitting music over them as Watchmen proved.

PandaPuff86
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Zack Synder. He follows anything closely to the story.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Alfred Hitchcock.