PDA

View Full Version : Why we love AC II and ACB

Assassin_M
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
So i`v seen many threads making points about how great AC III and ACR were, because in their opinion, these do not get enough love...I just started this, because AC II and ACB do not get enough love here...especially here...

So, like the title says...

AC II introduced a great change in character and scenery. from the hard and stoic Altair, from the war torn crusades, to the much light hearted Ezio and the beautiful colorful renaissance..it introduced the double blades, so many great characters and vibrant cities. The story was juicy and long with so many enjoyable side distractions like the Glyphs and tombs which were brilliant

ACB introduced the fantasy of taking out a tyrant integrating the feeling of a brotherhood by adding recruits. Rome was vast and iconic. also variable are its many districts. it returned many of the favorite characters and fleshed out some who did not get enough fleshing in AC II. it introduced the kill streaks that did not make the game harder, but it was definitely worth it to make the combat more enjoyable. with rich side content and beautiful vistas, ACB is an experience to remember...

share your experiences..

Sushiglutton
05-21-2013, 11:43 PM
My head is really mushy now after all the Xbox One stuff. I will try to answer tomorrow, because this is a nice thread :).

LoyalACFan
05-21-2013, 11:47 PM
M... praising AC2... does not compute... :eek:

I-Like-Pie45
05-21-2013, 11:57 PM
there's this secret scene in AC2 that can only be obtained by defeating 100 guards in combat without being hit using just the hidden blade and no counters then hopping off all the sync points in less than 30 minutes of gametime.

its very touching and sad

basically ezs, dezzie, and altaik are all together in a hot tub and dezzie moves towards altaik who like pushes him away while ranting why everyone thinks hes into that sort of thing so dezzie is really sad and he tries to get ezs to reassure him but ezs pushes him away saying that he sucks for force gamers to play his dezzie segs and also for taking out two chunks of his life so they can be sold as dlc. so since dezzie has been rejected by both men he gets real depressed and he ods on booze and pills and it turns out that all the events of the modern storyline in ACB, ACR, and AC3 were just desmond's od dream before he died

like i sad, its very said

StarzSuicide
05-22-2013, 12:10 AM
there's this secret scene in AC2 that can only be obtained by defeating 100 guards in combat without being hit using just the hidden blade and no counters then hopping off all the sync points in less than 30 minutes of gametime.

its very touching and sad

basically ezs, dezzie, and altaik are all together in a hot tub and dezzie moves towards altaik who like pushes him away while ranting why everyone thinks hes into that sort of thing so dezzie is really sad and he tries to get ezs to reassure him but ezs pushes him away saying that he sucks for force gamers to play his dezzie segs and also for taking out two chunks of his life so they can be sold as dlc. so since dezzie has been rejected by both men he gets real depressed and he ods on booze and pills and it turns out that all the events of the modern storyline in ACB, ACR, and AC3 were just desmond's od dream before he died

like i sad, its very said

First off... Spell check.

Second, I know it's hard but trust me, call a suicide hotline.

Blind2Society
05-22-2013, 05:02 AM
I love ACII. I like Brohood but no AC game has been able to capture me like AC 1 and 2. I think that's probably why I haven't been around as of late. AC has been slowly losing my interest. I will still be getting BF but I'm not really all that excited about it.

MasterAssasin84
05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Why we love AC2 and ACB ? Well firstly the setting, the Rennaisance era was one of Beauty discovery and architectualy stunning, aside from the uniqueness of this setting AC2's gameplay experience built on Assassins Creed 1's gameplay experience.

AC2's catchy and elegent soundtrack complimented the games beautiful cities like Florence and Venice - to me it had a very artistic and jazzy atmosphere.

ACB IMO was more than a worthy follow up to AC2 the introduction of Assassin Recruits and Ezio's story expanding into Rome going up against a lethal foe like Chesere Borgia ! was just in one word simply epic.

roostersrule2
05-22-2013, 10:27 AM
AC2 doesn't need this thread it know's it is the best AC game and should rightly rub other AC games nose in it.

SixKeys
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
I already talked about ACB at length in another thread, so I won't repeat myself.

AC2 took me a little getting used to after AC1, but I learned to enjoy it for different reasons. The story was sprawling and interesting, the cities beautiful and unique, the side characters were great and the story had a lot more humor and fun in the style of old-fashioned adventure movies. The glyph puzzles were a great and unique addition, I loved upgrading the Villa and all the side content kept me busy for hours.

StarzSuicide
05-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I hated AC2,ACB, and ACR. Why? Cuz I hated Ezio. I loved the story lines and all that but hated playing as some immature brat who Is a Mercenary not an assassin so I didn't care for Mercenarys Creed 2, Brotherhood, or Revelations.

"Oh my god my family just died, oh look prostitutes, yolo"

Yea. Ezio was trash.

Altair and Connor ftw

TheArcaneEagle
05-22-2013, 05:01 PM
I hated AC2,ACB, and ACR. Why? Cuz I hated Ezio. I loved the story lines and all that but hated playing as some immature brat who Is a Mercenary not an assassin so I didn't care for Mercenarys Creed 2, Brotherhood, or Revelations.

"Oh my god my family just died, oh look prostitutes, yolo"

Yea. Ezio was trash.

Altair and Connor ftw

Please explain to me how the hell Ezio was a mercenary? He was probably one of the best assassin's in the franchise, and Connor is my favourite assassin.

StarzSuicide
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Ezio killed a guy on a rooftop, proceeded to scream his name out loud so everyone knew.

What a great assassin.

Everyone thought he was dead, but he had to make himself known to everyone he has a chance to.

SixKeys
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Ezio killed a guy on a rooftop, proceeded to scream his name out loud so everyone knew.

What a great assassin.

Everyone thought he was dead, but he had to make himself known to everyone he has a chance to.

He wasn't really an assassin at that point, just an immature teenager. He didn't become a real assassin until late in the game when he's officially inducted into the brotherhood.

I agree he should have lost that flair for announcing himself in public by ACB, though.

Kaschra
05-22-2013, 07:53 PM

What a great assassin.

I assume you're talking about the Uberto Alberti assassination and what happened after, right?
By that time, Ezio was not a real assassin. He wore the robes and the hidden blades, but he knew NOTHING about the creed.
He didn't know what it meant to be an assassin. He was just a... yeah you could say normal killer who took revenge for his lost family members.

warner4692
05-22-2013, 08:58 PM
First off... Spell check.

Second, I know it's hard but trust me, call a suicide hotline.

This is the best post ever.

But given how badly the modern storyline has turned out, I'd almost wish it would turn out to be a dream, of some kind... *sigh*

I love ACII. I like Brohood but no AC game has been able to capture me like AC 1 and 2. I think that's probably why I haven't been around as of late. AC has been slowly losing my interest. I will still be getting BF but I'm not really all that excited about it.

I agree completely. ACB is about when the series started on its way down, in my opinion. AC1 was a success (in spite of its gameplay flaws) because it created a compelling, intriguing, mysterious universe that was complimented perfectly by the vast scale of the world and the pitch-perfect soundtrack to enhance every moment of play. ACII was a success because it did all that at twice the scale of its predecessor, ending on one of the greatest plot twists ever written in the history of video gaming.

And while ACB was a much-needed extension to ACII, it's about when it started to fade.

LoyalACFan
05-22-2013, 11:06 PM

What a great assassin.

Why does everyone always cite this as a reason to hate Ezio? He was a freakin' teenager, didn't even know the Creed existed, and almost his entire family got murdered just a day or two earlier. It's even worse when you say "Altair FTW" at the end of your post, because Alty did something even stupider in Solomon's Temple (when he was several years older than Ezio was when he killed Uberto), AND he had already been trained to follow the Creed his entire life. Altair was just as much of an impulsive brat in the beginning of AC1 as Ezio was in the beginning of AC2, perhaps even more so. And both of them continued to make an occasional mistake even into their old age (Altair using the Apple on Swami and getting Maria killed, Ezio accidentally killing some residents of Cappadocia with the explosions, etc.) so neither of them grew up to be perfect.

I love Altair and Ezio about equally, so don't even think about calling me a "fanboy". Hating Ezio just became the hipster thing to do when AC2 became more popular than AC1.

SixKeys
05-22-2013, 11:42 PM
I love Altair and Ezio about equally, so don't even think about calling me a "fanboy". Hating Ezio just became the hipster thing to do when AC2 became more popular than AC1.

I'd say hating Ezio became the hip thing to do when Connor started getting flak from those who disliked AC3. I've never seen as much Ezio hate on these forums as in the past 6 months.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 02:44 AM
I'd say hating Ezio became the hip thing to do when Connor started getting flak from those who disliked AC3. I've never seen as much Ezio hate on these forums as in the past 6 months.

It certainly got way worse once Connor failed to live up to the expectations of some fans, but there was plenty of Altair snobbery long before AC3 came out.

Assassin_M
05-23-2013, 08:38 AM
In Ezio`s defense, he was just a kid. angry and betrayed, full of pride for his family...a 17 year old just losing it after finally securing vengeance?? very normal

also, come on, guys...I was expecting BIG *** posts, but the biggest post here is just 2 short paragraphs long...

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
also, come on, guys...I was expecting BIG *** posts, but the biggest post here is just 2 short paragraphs long...

OK boss :p

I loved AC2 because it provided the variety I thought AC1 lacked outside its main assassinations, complete with a more memorable supporting cast, a stunningly beautiful soundtrack, and perhaps the most gorgeous, immersive game world I've ever seen. It wasn't without its rough edges (the graphics were arguably worse than AC1, and Ezio's playboy persona was somewhat overplayed) but overall it delivered a cohesive experience that left me chasing every feather, completing every race, and beating up every unfaithful husband without ever getting tired of it.

I've seen a lot of criticism for AC2 regarding its fairly cliched revenge plot, which is fair enough, but it's far better-presented than most "you killed my father" tales and it showcases a level of character development that's pretty much unprecedented for such a story. Ezio starts off as a vengeful kid, and grows into a wise man, matured by the teachings of the Creed, who actually chooses to spare the man he devoted over twenty years of his life hunting. That was a very powerful scene; Rodrigo was utterly broken by the realization that his entire life had been wasted under the false belief that he was the Prophet, and Ezio rightfully saw no need to murder him when he had already lost everything.

In short, AC2 was the game that really got me hooked on the series, and to date it remains my personal favorite (AC2>AC3>ACR>AC1>ACB), despite the series' trademark moral greyness being cast aside in favor of Ezio's personal growth. Ezio remains my favorite video game character of all time (with Altair and Connor close behind) and AC2 was the game that set that foundation.

However... I didn't like ACB. At all. Ezio was already pretty much fully developed into a Master Assassin with a firm moral compass by that point, but the moral greyness didn't return. Instead, we got a bland "paragon of virtue vs. embodiment of evil" story that relentlessly permeated every aspect of the game, from the main missions to the side quests to the freaking collectibles. However, since this is a positive thread and my own b*tchy anti-ACB thread is still floating around the first few pages of the forum, I can make the effort to point out some pros that stand out among the ocean of cons. I adored the tragedy of the Cristina missions (although Ezio apparently forgot about the trauma of losing his love and continued to be a playboy until he spontaneously remembered the trauma again in ACR), the kill streaks added some much-needed flow to the combat, and the OST delivered some killer tracks yet again from Il Maestro, Jesper Kyd. Additionally, I think they were on the right track with the side missions being so varied in their tasks, but again, there was no escape from the constant anti-Cesare motivations, so I grew tired of them quickly because I was never into that story in the first place. Still, I can't deny the awesomeness of "assassinating" Micheletto during the passion play, and I found myself humming "guard says stop, just kill him with your awesome" every time I used an arrow storm.

Assassin_M
05-23-2013, 09:59 AM
OK boss :p

I loved AC2 because it provided the variety I thought AC1 lacked outside its main assassinations, complete with a more memorable supporting cast, a stunningly beautiful soundtrack, and perhaps the most gorgeous, immersive game world I've ever seen. It wasn't without its rough edges (the graphics were arguably worse than AC1, and Ezio's playboy persona was somewhat overplayed) but overall it delivered a cohesive experience that left me chasing every feather, completing every race, and beating up every unfaithful husband without ever getting tired of it.

I've seen a lot of criticism for AC2 regarding its fairly cliched revenge plot, which is fair enough, but it's far better-presented than most "you killed my father" tales and it showcases a level of character development that's pretty much unprecedented for such a story. Ezio starts off as a vengeful kid, and grows into a wise man, matured by the teachings of the Creed, who actually chooses to spare the man he devoted over twenty years of his life hunting. That was a very powerful scene; Rodrigo was utterly broken by the realization that his entire life had been wasted under the false belief that he was the Prophet, and Ezio rightfully saw no need to murder him when he had already lost everything.

In short, AC2 was the game that really got me hooked on the series, and to date it remains my personal favorite (AC2>AC3>ACR>AC1>ACB), despite the series' trademark moral greyness being cast aside in favor of Ezio's personal growth. Ezio remains my favorite video game character of all time (with Altair and Connor close behind) and AC2 was the game that set that foundation.

However... I didn't like ACB. At all. Ezio was already pretty much fully developed into a Master Assassin with a firm moral compass by that point, but the moral greyness didn't return. Instead, we got a bland "paragon of virtue vs. embodiment of evil" story that relentlessly permeated every aspect of the game, from the main missions to the side quests to the freaking collectibles. However, since this is a positive thread and my own b*tchy anti-ACB thread is still floating around the first few pages of the forum, I can make the effort to point out some pros that stand out among the ocean of cons. I adored the tragedy of the Cristina missions (although Ezio apparently forgot about the trauma of losing his love and continued to be a playboy until he spontaneously remembered the trauma again in ACR), the kill streaks added some much-needed flow to the combat, and the OST delivered some killer tracks yet again from Il Maestro, Jesper Kyd. Additionally, I think they were on the right track with the side missions being so varied in their tasks, but again, there was no escape from the constant anti-Cesare motivations, so I grew tired of them quickly because I was never into that story in the first place. Still, I can't deny the awesomeness of "assassinating" Micheletto during the passion play, and I found myself humming "guard says stop, just kill him with your awesome" every time I used an arrow storm.
Awesome post :D

One thing I liked in AC II was the sense that the Assassins are all around society, not a gang, but rather distributed everywhere...mostly in the under world

I guess Ezio`s evolution in ACB is more of a leadership role, rather than a personal one..in AC II we saw Ezio as a wise INDIVIDUAL in the last minutes of the game...in ACB, he`s a wise LEADER mentoring individuals...he`s given a lot more control and leadership skills...true, he shows subtle leadership skills in AC II, but it`s more heavily shown in ACB...which was pretty cool...those initiations were always awesome to watch

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Awesome post :D

Aw, shucks... :o

One thing I liked in AC II was the sense that the Assassins are all around society, not a gang, but rather distributed everywhere...mostly in the under world

Yeah, this was cool too, although I remember my sister being offended because the only female Assassins were prostitutes :p

I guess Ezio`s evolution in ACB is more of a leadership role, rather than a personal one..in AC II we saw Ezio as a wise INDIVIDUAL in the last minutes of the game...in ACB, he`s a wise LEADER mentoring individuals...he`s given a lot more control and leadership skills...true, he shows subtle leadership skills in AC II, but it`s more heavily shown in ACB...which was pretty cool...those initiations were always awesome to watch

Yeah, I suppose so... Still, I never really got a sense of Ezio stepping up into a leadership role since we never saw him interact with his apprentices other than "I saved you, you're welcome, now come live in my basement." The initiation scenes were cool, but I never cared about my apprentices enough to make them meaningful (except for that one bearded guy who looked like mini-Ezio... I was quite fond of him). This is something AC3 definitely got right; making the recruits actual characters with true interactions with Connor, rather than randomly generated cannon fodder. I still wish they had done even more with them though... maybe instead of the Connor-exclusive liberation missions, we could have had real side missions (maybe two to four for each apprentice) against six of the MP characters.

You have an epic signature, by the way...

Assassin_M
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Yeah, this was cool too, although I remember my sister being offended because the only female Assassins were prostitutes :p
Well...the men were mercenaries and thieves...not any better :P

Tell your sister...t-tell her I said that :|

Yeah, I suppose so... Still, I never really got a sense of Ezio stepping up into a leadership role since we never saw him interact with his apprentices other than "I saved you, you're welcome, now come live in my basement." The initiation scenes were cool, but I never cared about my apprentices enough to make them meaningful (except for that one bearded guy who looked like mini-Ezio... I was quite fond of him). This is something AC3 definitely got right; making the recruits actual characters with true interactions with Connor, rather than randomly generated cannon fodder. I still wish they had done even more with them though... maybe instead of the Connor-exclusive liberation missions, we could have had real side missions (maybe two to four for each apprentice) against six of the MP characters.
Yeah, ACR fleshed it out a bit with unique recruit missions for each Assassin by making the rescue missions varied and integrating the Templar agents...combining ACB`s initiation, ACR`s Templar agents and AC III`s unique personalities and liberation missions would make the ultimate recruit system

You have an epic signature, by the way...
Thanks xD

I was watching AC III`s ending on youtube again (because ubisoft forbids me from seeing the final scene -_-) and I saw this guy saying that Connor is selfish and that he`s a jerk to everyone he meets..yadda yadda and all that..so I was planning to reply to him with this sig, but i just said nah...better I post it here...Youtube discussions and arguments suck anyway...i`l probably just be insulted or something xD

no one can insult me here....no one :|

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Well...the men were mercenaries and thieves...not any better :P

Tell your sister...t-tell her I said that :|

Well, she's kind of a hardcore feminist, and she'll go on at length about how the men are valued for their skills and the women just for their bodies... yadda yadda yadda... I'd rather avoid another thrity-minute scolding :nonchalance:

combining ACB`s initiation, ACR`s Templar agents and AC III`s unique personalities and liberation missions would make the ultimate recruit system

YES. Ubisoft, take note.

Thanks xD

I was watching AC III`s ending on youtube again (because ubisoft forbids me from seeing the final scene -_-) and I saw this guy saying that Connor is selfish and that he`s a jerk to everyone he meets..yadda yadda and all that..so I was planning to reply to him with this sig, but i just said nah...better I post it here...Youtube discussions and arguments suck anyway...i`l probably just be insulted or something xD

no one can insult me here....no one :|

I can't even see how someone could conceivably think Connor was a jerk... I mean, if anything, the dude was a freakin' teddy bear. He must have been one of those people who didn't do any side missions, skipped half the cutscenes, and just remembered that one mission where he and Achilles get into a fight... :I

Assassin_M
05-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Well, she's kind of a hardcore feminist, and she'll go on at length about how the men are valued for their skills and the women just for their bodies... yadda yadda yadda... I'd rather avoid another thrity-minute scolding :nonchalance:
Heh, she`ll grow out of it...or maybe she wont and she`ll abuse her husband :|

YES. Ubisoft, take note.
I wish

I can't even see how someone could conceivably think Connor was a jerk... I mean, if anything, the dude was a freakin' teddy bear. He must have been one of those people who didn't do any side missions, skipped half the cutscenes, and just remembered that one mission where he and Achilles get into a fight... :I
Yeah, I mean...I can understand boring and bland to an extent, but jerk?? that`s just...wrong...factually wrong...it`s like opening a book and in this book there`s the word "murder", that reader just throws the book away and calls it morally wrong :|

warner4692
05-23-2013, 07:24 PM
ACII was the first time in my life I sat down to play a video game one night, but then suddenly realized the sun was coming up and I needed to be to work in an hour. I had avoided the series like crazy, because when the seventh-generation first came, I foresaw it quickly becoming about generic, M-rated killing games. As far as I was concerned... based on the trailers... the only difference between AC and everything else was you were swinging a sword instead of looking down the barrel of a gun. Then, that night came in late 2010 when one of my brothers was playing ACII in preparation for ACB. I caught sight of the introduction with Desmond, and stayed hooked all the way through the end of sequence three. Then, I gave in and bought all three of them that were out, at the time.

The game's plot is ingenious. The setup with Desmond is what hooked me. It was so intriguing and compelling, with the small team of Assassins on the run from the most powerful corporation in the world - a corporation that, as Desmond had just explained - had been at war with the Assassins for centuries. I'm not much of a sci-fi person, but I found the characters relate-able, and I loved each of their dynamics and interactions between each other. The constant hints dropped about Desmond's destiny as an Ultimate Assassin. And for some reason, the idea of the bleeding effect was really drawing, for me. I just liked the idea that he could learn to be an Assassin from the Animus. And the music was so perfectly-fitted to each and every location and situation. I was kind of pissed when I ran out of stuff to do, and had to get into the Animus...

..until I actually got in, that is. What I love about Ezio's tale is how much time it covers, and how much weight it does so with. From the beginning of the game, he's just an arrogant young noble whose life is completely destroyed by the murders of his family members. And then, he spends the rest of the game rebuilding it. It's an inspiring tale from the standpoint that whenever it looks like he's run out of options and has nowhere else to go, he always finds a way - be it through the people that come into his life, or by his own hard-fought effort. Each and every single one of the characters he meets along the way is exquisitely vivid, and full of life. Each one is their own. I quickly forgot that the point of Ezio's story was the revenge of his family members' murders, because I got so wrapped up in the conspiracy behind it. It was made clear that there was a larger purpose for everything that had happened. Even the villains were a life of their own.

And of course there was also the way that the two plots were tied together, which is (or rather, used to be) the series' strongest point. Each glyph was an electrifying, compelling new mystery. I'd replay them over and over again, staring at every inch of them, hoping that a new clue would pop out of the screen at me. I'd watch the video fragments time and time again for the same reason. Subject 16 fascinated me, because the mystery of his character and by what means could he have possibly come to know so much was tantilizing. Actually unlocking the Truth video had me drooling enough to flood my living room. The way that the Codex pages referenced the "Prophet" and the fact that the Codex, itself, had been written by Altair was a no-less-than brilliant way of utilizing the key to the series' success: a character-driven universe, with a lore (that was at the time) of such a vast scale, wrapping one's head around it was next to impossible. And then, end of the plot had me discovering the answers behind the Codex pages - which was a game-long mystery I was watering at the mouth to solve - and sneaking into the Vatican to assassinate the Pope. What made THAT whole thing even better was if one actually reads the Codex - all the hints and information in there about the game's universe is incredible.

And then, there was the ending, where it was revealed that not only was there a race of people before humanity, but that everything that had happened in Ezio's life would lead him to that moment, just so this precursor woman could tell DESMOND - who was watching from inside the Animus, hundreds of years post-Ezio and countless years post-Minerva - about the sun flares, the temples, etc.... WOW.

It could just be because, at that point in my life, I'd never seen such an incredibly-scaled plot before, but it just seemed incredible.

I hadn't actually played AC1 before I'd completed ACII a few times, so I wasn't aware of how vastly the gameplay had improved at that point, but ACII was a more-than strong enough play experience on its own, too. What I enjoyed about that most was how Ezio was basically a one-man army. I've never liked games with incredibly-difficult combat. I play to experience the sensation of being the characters, and living in the universe. But practically-feeling my own muscles moving and the air on me when I was doing any sort of free-running was a heretofore unmatched (even within the series) experience, as well. The races, the courier quests, beat-ups, treasure collecting, Assassin tombs... all of it... and all within a gigantic world that couldn't have resonated any more strongly with that same tantilizing mystery and compelling, electric intrigue as the story arc did even if it tried. And given how well it turned out, I'm pretty sure it DID try...

What I liked about ACB was how it was, quite simply, an extension to that. To ALL of that. I wouldn't say it was of as high a quality as ACII was. In fact, I would say ACB is probably where the first signs of the series' weakening were really starting to show. It was where the graphics started getting steadily less gritty and realistic. Where the gameplay was beginning to bog itself down with newer features - they may have all been perfectly-well justified and fun to use features in ther own right, but still. It's also where the plot direction turned down the wrong road instead of the numerous others it should have. Ezio's story obviously couldn't have topped ACII's, and that's fine - the way his tale ended in ACII would've been a terrible place to leave it, and after ACII another game was both warranted and needed to expand on that. But everything was merely-lukewarm afterwards: Cesarae wasn't as good a villian, most of Ezio's friends and allies were less-interesting, etc.

With Desmond... those three, choppy five-minute missions we got from ACIII is the type of thing we should've gotten in ACB - we just spent the whole last game acquiring all these badass skills, after all, and we should have been given numerous oportunities to use them straight away. But, going to the modern Monteriggioni was a good idea, and those extensions on the Subject 16 and First Civilization plots were well-handled that were eagerly-devoured by everyone that didn't want to wait a whole two years to find out what happened next after ACII. It was also intrguing to learn more about the modern Assassins, AND the modern Assassin ORDER. The ending was an obvious attempt to mindscrew us again, and though it could've been used to that effect had any of the cryptic things Juno said actually gone anywhere, it was mostly just annoying, because it made it clear that... since ACB should've been the game in which Desmond finally could get down to some serious business, and he didn't get to... whatever the next game was wouldn't be that, either.

But ACB is still the last game in the franchise I could really say with good conviction was truly a good one, at current. I hadn't expected EVERY game in the series to be as good as ACII (and I'd backed up enough to play and complete AC1 by then, too), but I didn't realize it was going to be the last hurdle before it took a swan dive downward, in about every imaginable way. Overall, those first three I will always remember the most fondly. And it WILL be quite fondly, always.

A.R.T.H
06-04-2013, 08:08 AM
respect for Altair
Ezio was the best
Connor good enough
Edward will be awesome by the looks of it.
my fav. is Assassin's Creed Revelations