PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed 4 on PS3 is stellar despite PS4′s “visual innovations,” says Ubisoft

catkiller97
05-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Assassin’s Creed 4 on PS3 is stellar despite PS4′s “visual innovations,” says Ubisoft (http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/assassins-creed-4-on-ps3-is-stellar-despite-ps4s-visual-innovations-says-ubisoft/)

Jean Guesdon, creative director at Ubisoft Montreal, has told VG247 that while the PS4 is definitely a huge leap forward compared to PS3, those who plan on purchasing Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag for PS3 won’t be disappointed, as it will still be a stellar experience.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/03/Assassins-Creed-4-Black-Flag-yarr.jpg

Speaking with VG247′s Dave Cook in an interview to be published later this week, Guesdon said the team’s experience with current-gen consoles has enabled the developers to continue pulling “the most out of the hardware” even this late in PS3′s lifecycle.

“The PS4 is definitely a huge step forward,” said Guesdon. “Sony has been really responsive to our needs as developers, and the specs of the console are exactly what we needed for the next generation. Now it’s our turn as developers to make the best that we can with it.

“Our expertise with the current generation platforms has matured in a way that we feel we are able to get the most out of the hardware. So of course, just because the hardware is more powerful, we will be able to push more visual innovations on next-gen.

“But we are still aiming to deliver one of the best looking games ever on current generation, as our expertise allows us to do.”

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 05:14 PM
To be honest between the PS3 and 360 versions there will be no difference visually and to be fair i am not expecting much difference graphically with the next Gen versions .

pacmanate
05-21-2013, 05:47 PM
PS4 one is better.

ProletariatPleb
05-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah.....basically the game is still pretty much current gen...

Sushiglutton
05-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Not really newsworthy tbh. This PR-statement lacks any kind of information.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-21-2013, 06:21 PM
To be honest between the PS3 and 360 versions there will be no difference visually and to be fair i am not expecting much difference graphically with the next Gen versions .

I'll be buying the PS3 version because I don't plan on going next gen until it's very clear that PS3 is starting to lose massive support from sony (probably late/mid 2015)
But there will be tons of difference detail wise.
Go look at pictures/gameplay of AC 3 / go play it on a PC...you will notice a much crisper look and tons of added details...THAT will be the difference between PS3 and PS4...
The PS4 is basically bringing the PC to consoles...Xbox wise, we don't know yet..hopefully we will know today what they are bringing to the table

Locopells
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Don't say that, we'll all get told to go crawling back to our board...

Seriously though, you're right the PS4 is basically using PC tech, to make porting from the high-end PCs they use to make the game, easier.

lothario-da-be
05-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Blackbeard has some kind of holsters in the schreenshot above!:mad::confused:

montagemik
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
I'll be buying the PS3 version because I don't plan on going next gen until it's very clear that PS3 is starting to lose massive support from sony (probably late/mid 2015)
But there will be tons of difference detail wise.
Go look at pictures/gameplay of AC 3 / go play it on a PC...you will notice a much crisper look and tons of added details...THAT will be the difference between PS3 and PS4...
The PS4 is basically bringing the PC to consoles...Xbox wise, we don't know yet..hopefully we will know today what they are bringing to the table

They kind of have Already by announcing PS4 ......... Same way VITA did PSP no favours .
Other Devs will still support PS3 for a while - But it's already lost massive support by Sony - Current gen will now be secondary focus for SONY itself .
Current gen PS3 gaming won't be dropped by Sony , But as with PS2 'in-house' titles will decrease.

Will_Lucky
05-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Of course they are going to say this, they're not going to throw it under a bus.

SixKeys
05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Why do they keep featuring this ****ty screenshot in every article? It's quite possibly the worst-looking screenshot Ubi has released so far.

Nightmare8767
05-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Why do they keep featuring this ****ty screenshot in every article? It's quite possibly the worst-looking screenshot Ubi has released so far.

But... Blackbeard! :P

Anyways, all I expect for the PS4 version is higher-res textures and framrate at 60fps. Hopefully. Unless they go 1080p 30fps. Still, I'll hold off just in case I get a PS4 sooner than expected. You never know...

SixKeys
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM

I know, he's the worst thing about the picture! Even a trailer screenshot would be better for advertising the graphics.

LoyalACFan
05-21-2013, 11:07 PM

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Dat beard XD

Anyway, for those expecting a massive difference between the PS4 and PS3 versions... don't. 4 will probably have somewhat nicer textures and a slightly longer draw distance, but other than that they'll be pretty much the same thing.

montagemik
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Dat beard XD

Anyway, for those expecting a massive difference between the PS4 and PS3 versions... don't. 4 will probably have somewhat nicer textures and a slightly longer draw distance, but other than that they'll be pretty much the same thing.

Nahhh I'm just expecting it to run properly on a system that can handle it without struggling / Glitching ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
They kind of have Already by announcing PS4 ......... Same way VITA did PSP no favours .
Other Devs will still support PS3 for a while - But it's already lost massive support by Sony - Current gen will now be secondary focus for SONY itself .
Current gen PS3 gaming won't be dropped by Sony , But as with PS2 'in-house' titles will decrease.

But Last of Us and GT 6 show that they don't plan on ps3 going anywhere anytime soon..i mean Gran Turismo itself is a game meant to last for 3+ years
It's pretty strange that they did make a gt 6 and do nothing but add a few new tracks and cars if it wasnt going to be a revamped next gen exclusive...
almost not worth buying lol
I think a 2 year wait is a good time...if AC goes next gen exclusive next year well then, looks like im buying a year early :D

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Anyways, all I expect for the PS4 version is higher-res textures and framrate at 60fps. Hopefully. Unless they go 1080p 30fps. Still, I'll hold off just in case I get a PS4 sooner than expected. You never know...
AC has supported 1080p since AC 2 lol

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Well obviously the curse of this wretched dead generation of consoles isn't gonna leave us instantly, it will marr our games with mediocrity for a while. Gonna take time for people to get the new consoles.

AC has supported 1080p since AC 2 lol
Uhh...since when did last generation go 1080 native?

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Well obviously the curse of this wretched dead generation of consoles isn't gonna leave us instantly, it will marr our games with mediocrity for a while. Gonna take time for people to get the new consoles.

Uhh...since when did last generation go 1080 native?

since 2009 apparently haha...AC 2 and GTA 4 are the oldest games i have that go 1080

EDIT: Bioshock was HD too ... probably 18 of my games give or take go 1080p and 3 ish go 1080i

But it's important to note that higher resolution doesn't necessarily mean a better looking game
...developers just go with a frame rate that look best for the game..same with films..neither films nor games are created equally.

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 01:00 AM
since 2009 apparently haha...AC 2 and GTA 4 are the oldest games i have that go 1080
Uhh...no

Assassin's Creed II was not natove 1080p nor GTA IV. Matter of fact GTA IV on PS3 is native 640p
Upscaled maybe, but not native.

Ureh
05-22-2013, 02:44 AM
tressfx with Blackbeard's beard. Make it happen! :)

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Uhh...no

Assassin's Creed II was not natove 1080p nor GTA IV. Matter of fact GTA IV on PS3 is native 640p
Upscaled maybe, but not native.

maybe..I know rayman origins is for sure 1080p native because i just played it earlier this month and remember my tv not having to adjust :D
But like i touched on earlier..because of its style (very cartoony) its fairly easy to make it look beautiful in 1080p and other games just wouldnt look or feel right right at this resolution.
And im almost positive ACB is...I remember playing that on my hdtv for the first time....looks amazing, especially the map.

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 04:22 AM
And im almost positive ACB is...I remember playing that on my hdtv for the first time....looks amazing, especially the map.
Nope, none of the AC games have been native 1080p as far as I know, all of them are upscaled. That's like THE biggest complaint with console users atm dude.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 04:43 PM
tbh I don't think either nextgen console are aiming for 1080p / 60 for everything?

If they can manage that on every game with the hardware they have - GPU - they are doing black magic.. ;)

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
tbh I don't think either nextgen console are aiming for 1080p / 60 for everything?

If they can manage that on every game with the hardware they have - GPU - they are doing black magic.. ;)
Well even if it's not 1080/60 for you people, atleast bring the 1080 part, our systems can manage the 60 part themselves :P

montagemik
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM

LOL , No Native 1080 for every game on consoles is at least 5-10 years away .( if ever )
Consoles are after all designed for the mass market , PC can be individually upgraded / customised................ 720 p is the highest native they'll aim for with Next gen i'd say ,
Not everyone has switched to HD or even flatscreen TV's yet - so there'd be little benefit for a large percentage of customers that could justify an obviously higher price tag for them-
After all the consoles would need to be far more expensive with the tech upgrade needed for native 1080 Consoles as standard.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Well even if it's not 1080/60 for you people, atleast bring the 1080 part, our systems can manage the 60 part themselves :PLOL have no idea what you mean by that...

You people..

lol

PC games in general hit 1080p / 60 regularly - depending on the game / hardware / settings :P

After all the consoles would need to be far more expensive with the tech upgrade needed for native 1080 Consoles as standard.
indeed ;)

I think some people maybe over estimating the power of the next gen, however time will tell :)

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 06:37 PM
LOL have no idea what you mean by that...

You people..

lol
Why console players ofcourse :p

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Why console players ofcourse :p
I'm multiformat :P

So i'm neither AND everyone.. oooooh @:P

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm multiformat :P

So i'm neither AND everyone.. oooooh @:P
I wasn't referring to you in particular, lol.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 06:51 PM
LOL , No Native 1080 for every game on consoles is at least 5-10 years away .( if ever )
Consoles are after all designed for the mass market , PC can be individually upgraded / customised................ 720 p is the highest native they'll aim for with Next gen i'd say ,
Not everyone has switched to HD or even flatscreen TV's yet - so there'd be little benefit for a large percentage of customers that could justify an obviously higher price tag for them-

Lol i didnt even go hd til this year myself :D
But I don't think we will get yellow white red with our ps4 or xbox 1....i think they may just give us an hdmi cable..
probably not even have the option on their backs for YWR...im guessing this next gen is set to last until 2020..maybe even 2025...everyone owes it to themselves to ditch the clunkers lol

Then again the new PS3s come with YWR so who knows..

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I wasn't referring to you in particular, lol.
well when you quote someone and say 'you' kinda infers it ;)

Maybe you should consider context ;)

MasterAssasin84
05-22-2013, 07:00 PM
PS4 one is better.

What better than the XBOX ONE version ? how ?i would assume they was exactly the same

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 07:01 PM
well when you quote someone and say 'you' kinda infers it ;)

Maybe you should consider context ;)
Unless you've become "people" Shade, perhaps you should consider context :P

montagemik
05-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Lol i didnt even go hd til this year myself :D
But I don't think we will get yellow white red with our ps4 or xbox 1....i think they may just give us an hdmi cable..
probably not even have the option on their backs for YWR...im guessing this next gen is set to last until 2020..maybe even 2025...everyone owes it to themselves to ditch the clunkers lol

Then again the new PS3s come with YWR so who knows..

Again - Mass market ..................Unlikely they'll have NO option for RGB/ Y, W, R connections , That just excludes everybody worldwide without HDMI .
Also the cheapest connection cable they could include ...........Then they leave it to individuals to upgrade to HDMI themselves = Another potential official cable sale :rolleyes:

It's all about maximum inclusion of the widest customer base possible - For minimum outlay for Sony & Microsoft . HDMI only would be counterproductive .

ze_topazio
05-22-2013, 07:50 PM
More than 1080p what i truly would like would be 60fps for every game.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 07:59 PM
More than 1080p what i truly would like would be 60fps for every game.
720p/60 - with a lot higher level of detail [objects / textures / effects] etc.

That I can see being VERY possible on the new consoles, depending on the game of course..

BF4 running at 60fps on them - would be a joy :)

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Again - Mass market ..................Unlikely they'll have NO option for RGB/ Y, W, R connections , That just excludes everybody worldwide without HDMI .
Also the cheapest connection cable they could include ...........Then they leave it to individuals to upgrade to HDMI themselves = Another potential official cable sale :rolleyes:

It's all about maximum inclusion of the widest customer base possible - For minimum outlay for Sony & Microsoft . HDMI only would be counterproductive .
hmm

http://mos.techradar.com/art/games_consoles/Xbox One/Ports 5 Xbox One-420-90.jpg

I see:

Power?
HDMI OUT
Optical OUT
HDMI IN
2x USB
Kinect
IR out
Network cable

Couldn't find any better images - maybe an AVOUT on the right - which we cant see?

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
What better than the XBOX ONE version ? how ?i would assume they was exactly the same

I said that as joke towards PS4 vs PS3.

But, I do think the PS4 one will be better. For one, the GDDR5 has higher latency and bandwidth and most of it is going to be used for games, the rest for the OS. The DDR3 in the X1 is being shared between 3 OS's, meaning its a RAM *****. The PS4 has a run capacity of 1.8 teraflops compared to 1.2 teraflops for the X1. The PS4 will therefore be much faster and have graphical capabilities of a GTX 660 (which look really good imo).

That in effect means the PS4 is around 10% more powerful than the Xbox One according to Nvidia. Now compare that 10% more powerful GPU with 6-7GB of useable game RAM and you have a more powerful system than the Xbox One.

""We purposefully did not target the highest-end graphics. We targeted more as a broad entertainment play and did it in an intelligent way."

montagemik
05-22-2013, 08:25 PM
hmm

http://mos.techradar.com/art/games_consoles/Xbox One/Ports 5 Xbox One-420-90.jpg

I see:

Power?
HDMI OUT
Optical OUT
HDMI IN
2x USB
Kinect
IR out
Network cable

Couldn't find any better images - maybe an AVOUT on the right - which we cant see?

Doesn't look promising for an AV port going by the image
OOOPS Microsoft ..................Way to exclude Anybody without A HD TV . (will Sony make the same blunder ? )

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Doesn't look promising for an AV port going by the image
OOOPS Microsoft ..................Way to exclude Anybody without A HD TV . (will Sony make the same blunder ? )

Anyone that can afford next gen can afford an HD TV, thats just ridiculous. You can pick one up for less that £200

montagemik
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Anyone that can afford next gen can afford an HD TV, thats just ridiculous. You can pick one up for less that £200

That same arguement applies to current Gen PS3 / 360 too , But for some reason AV wasn't phased out.
Don't underestimate how many gamers out there currently have PS3/360 without HD-TV - that's actually a big number Worldwide ..............Zero AV options just seems like a dumb move for any console to me.

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 08:54 PM
That same arguement applies to current Gen PS3 / 360 too , But for some reason AV wasn't phased out.
Don't underestimate how many gamers out there currently have PS3/360 without HD-TV - that's actually a big number Worldwide ..............Zero AV options just seems like a dumb move for any console to me.

But consoles are meant for HD gaming now. HD gaming ~ HD TV.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I said that as joke towards PS4 vs PS3.

But, I do think the PS4 one will be better. For one, the GDDR5 has higher latency and bandwidth and most of it is going to be used for games, the rest for the OS. The DDR3 in the X1 is being shared between 3 OS's, meaning its a RAM *****. The PS4 has a run capacity of 1.8 teraflops compared to 1.2 teraflops for the X1. The PS4 will therefore be much faster and have graphical capabilities of a GTX 660 (which look really good imo).

That in effect means the PS4 is around 10% more powerful than the Xbox One according to Nvidia. Now compare that 10% more powerful GPU with 6-7GB of useable game RAM and you have a more powerful system than the Xbox One.

""We purposefully did not target the highest-end graphics. We targeted more as a broad entertainment play and did it in an intelligent way."hmm since when did YOU know about PC hardware / memory - didn't you say the other day you didn't know anything?

Trying to fool us all with your smarts!! lol :)

GDDR 5 - though faster, does not always mean a faster OS - comes down to a few things, like how it's used and the hardware using it..

Yes the Xbox has 3 OS's - however no one has any facts on either the memory footprint or the way they work together, so you can''t really say that - until it's known..

Yeap the Ps4 GPU is faster, it does not always mean it's better.. many things need to be considered - some nvidia cards are better than quicker AMD cards... in real world tests - drivers play a huge part - and the benchmarking on these GPU's is unknown, since not much testing can be done - yet.. ;)

Some people said the Wii U couldn't out perform the PS3 /Xbox, in terms of graphics - Need for Speed Most wanted proves it can, so you maybe surprised..

Think I remember a few comments about the Wii U not being that great either..

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Well we will see, I agree there are other factors that play into it, im only going by what we know. But for microsoft to come out with a what should be "gaming" console and say they purposefully didn;t target high end graphics makes me wonder.

nitres15
05-22-2013, 09:08 PM
hmm since when did YOU know about PC hardware / memory - didn't you say the other day you didn't know anything?

GDDR 5 - though faster, does not always mean a faster OS - comes down to a few things, like how it's used and the hardware using it..

Yes the Xbox has 3 OS's - however no one has any facts on either the memory footprint or the way they work together, so you can''t really say that - until it's known..

Yeap the Ps4 GPU is faster, it does not always mean it's better.. many things need to be considered - some nvidia cards are better than quicker AMD cards... in real world tests - drivers play a huge part - and the benchmarking on these GPU's is unknown, since not mush testing can be done - yet.. ;)

Some people said the Wii U couldn't out perform the PS3 /Xbox, in terms of graphics - Need for Speed Most wanted proves it can, so you maybe surprised.. ;)

i love how you randomly drop in, nitpicks anything that isn´t an xbox. Just to make it more appealing.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Well we will see, I agree there are other factors that play into it, im only going by what we know. But for microsoft to come out with a what should be "gaming" console and say they purposefully didn;t target high end graphics makes me wonder.
hi end graphics can mean a lot of different things to different people.

High end to me = £600 graphics cards.. the premium ones = £900

A 1.2 teraflop GPU - AMD6xxx series GPU like the Xbox one, is only 0.3 slower than my PC one.. I have a AMD6850

It would cope producing images like this : at 720p [which is also the target render for PS4]

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/2788/crysis32013051919351454.png

Consoles OS's are optimised for gaming - so can't see any real problems..

However if your are looking for the biggest number - then maybe it would worry you. :)

E3 will be a good decider :)

i love how you randomly drop in, nitpicks anything that isn´t an xbox. Just to make it more appealing.
I'm trying to make sure people make an informed choice - rather than knee jerk reactions.

TBH both consoles will be more or less the same, both play games and both play Ubisoft games - so I don't have an agenda buy either - be happy

oh and I did point out the lack of AVOUT on Xbox, which is a negative btw;)

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=Mr_Shade;9083471]hmm since when did YOU know about PC hardware / memory - didn't you say the other day you didn't know anything?

[QUOTE]

I did some research...

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty sure high end meant equal to what the PS4 can do?

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure high end meant equal to what the PS4 can do? - or PC?
No idea - since don't work for MS :)

PC cards can be insane, and very expensive - tbh the 1.8 TF of the PS4 is impressive, as long as it doesn't push the price too high..

1.2 teraflops is pretty decent though - and a decent step up from current gen - which is all I am saying:)

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Yes pacmanate since when did you become so informed :p

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 09:27 PM
You been slipping him info? :P

Good comparison here if anyone interested:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 09:30 PM
You been slipping him info? :P
Lol no, just correcting him once or twice. I hope that's not cooked up info he learnt at some playstation forum where fanboys glorify everything

montagemik
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
But consoles are meant for HD gaming now. HD gaming ~ HD TV.

Consoles were meant for HD content since 360 / PS3 = HD-DVD - BLU-RAY as standard format ............But still the companies incorporate AV in those systems to this day .
Somebody owning a PS3 / 360 does not in this world = each Console owner has or will buy a HD-TV ............ Exclude those without & they can't use the product at all .

SCENARIO ............. A Kid wants new PS4 / BOX 1 for christmas , Family don't have HD-TV ..........
So the £ 3-400 console christmas present becomes a minimum £5-600 price tag if HD-TV is mandatory .
So potentially exclude a large portion of less fortunate consumers in that situation this year ................................ Sound like a good Business idea for a 'Holiday period' console launch ???

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 09:54 PM

News sites, comparisons... I can't stand xbox or sony fansites, they make me want to chop my balls off.

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 10:00 PM
News sites, comparisons... I can't stand xbox or sony fansites, they make me want to chop my balls off.
Do it...

Anyway, good you know some stuff. Yesterday you were like - "I don't understand your PC stuff."

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Do it...

Anyway, good you know some stuff. Yesterday you were like - "I don't understand your PC stuff."

Hehe :p