PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance tomorrow - New shop and payment platforme

Aza404
05-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Dear Champions,

The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is proud to present some great additions to the game store!
You're going to be seeing plenty of discounts, sales and promotions, along with a simple step by step process to buy Seals and Gold ;)

Step 1: Choose the deal you want from a selection of great bargains.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/patch1.jpg

Step 2: Choose how you want to pay, from a selection of options that are adapted to your region.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/patch2.jpg

Step 3: Confirm your purchase.
Keep an eye out, because once in a while Emilio might offer you an item you can't resist! Special packs, cards, extra riches and more!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/patch3.jpg

Visit the store often to check out the promotions and discounts, as they will come and go!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/patch4.jpg

The maintenance will take place tomorrow, starting around 2pm UK time and will end around 6pm UK time.

Enjoy ;)

Aza and the DoC Team

hydramarine
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Eloborate more on special offers please :)

Aza404
05-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Eloborate more on special offers please :)

Haha, you'll get info on that very soon =)

hubin80
05-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Other question: How does payment on iPad look like? I haven't bought anything yet, but am considering it for the new expansion.
Is it the same as Step 2, or does it use the iTunes credit?

X-Chaoscontrol
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
It sounds like time to time a single awesome card might appear.

C4r-n4ge
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Sounds great :D I hope prices of seals will go cheaper - cause as for now they're a little bit too pricey for some of us.

I also would like to hear more details about speciall offers? Will there be only discounts on seals or gold or maybe some more stuff (like obtaining some certain cards)?

r3tsa
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, so far.

X-Chaoscontrol
05-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Sounds great :D I hope prices of seals will go cheaper - cause as for now they're a little bit too pricey for some of us.

I also would like to hear more details about speciall offers? Will there be only discounts on seals or gold or maybe some more stuff (like obtaining some certain cards)?
I would say special offers on Seals, single cards time to time (probably over-priced :S), and probably also unique art for some cards only available there and for limited time.

Misengard
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi

First time writing on International forum and english is not my born language, I apologize in advance.

May I ask canadian players if prices shown here have the same ratio as usual ?
Because, in the french shop, seals are less expnsive : 6400 seal for 70€, this is about 93. CA$

Aza404
05-21-2013, 03:51 PM
The prices shown are not final prices for Europe.

Narkolepto
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
For guys here in Europe it gets A LOT more expensive !! Look: http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3262/7akofcx2_jpg.htm

So today 6400 costs 70 Euro and tomorrow for 75 Euro (=99CAD) you get only 6000? What kind of kidding is this? Pay 5 more Euro but get 400 less? LOL?! I know Admin said these are not final prices for Europe, but i HOPE everything gets cheaper and not a lot more expensive........ If you want to make people pay for something, then you have to make stuff cheaper and not like this.......... Just sayin. ;)

And yeah by the way: Look at picture 1 - HOW can something be a TOP SELLER already if it is not even released LOL LOL LOL :D

SoAmazinglyBad
05-21-2013, 04:35 PM
40 euro is 168 zlotys right now... thats quite ridicoulous for polish players imo

Aza404
05-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi guys,

Just to be precise, the prices will not change!

With our new payment platform, prices won’t change but will be adjusted depending on the region and currency conversion. Now that we have released in North America, we have also adapted our prices there, and that’s where those screenshots come from.

Best,
Aza

DarkDragonAC
05-21-2013, 08:14 PM
What about payment via SMS?

Dezeos
05-21-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm kinda worried, maybe for no reason because I'm not familiar with all those payment methods but,

What about Paysafecards? It is by far my most preferred payment method and I would hate to see it gone for the game :(

Harmbringer
05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
different regions have differnt standards for life (hello news ;-) ).
So there will be different prices for different regions. Just like McDonalds tries to get the Hamburger down to the smallest amount of currency (like 1 $ in US or 1 € in EU).
jeah I know Harmbringer - Hamburger bad example ^^

Bazaltovy
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Just like McDonalds tries to get the Hamburger down to the smallest amount of currency (like 1 $ in US or 1 € in EU).

Or 3,5 zł in Poland :D

We don't know how the shop will be adjusted for every country, so I'd abandon any what-ifs and simply wait to check it out.

Paradigm101
05-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Hello guys,

Old price: 6400 seals for about 93$ so 1$ would gives you 69 seals
New price: 6000 seals for 99$ so 1$ gives you 61 seals

In conclusion, the prices have increased by around 15%.

I don't remember having seen a game (or any other product) where the prices were increasing with time. That's very strange.

Especially when you know how little rewarding is the grinding and how non-hardcore gamers (people with a job, a family, other hobbies ...) have to invest at least some money into this game to have a competitive deck.

With others very big CCG/TCG coming like Hearthstone and HEX, I don't really understand what is Ubisoft thought process behind this move...

Aza404
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
@Paradigm101: please read the full thread first.

"Just to be precise, the prices will not change!

With our new payment platform, prices won’t change but will be adjusted depending on the region and currency conversion. Now that we have released in North America, we have also adapted our prices there, and that’s where those screenshots come from."

Best,
Aza

Hiffix
05-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Me like how ppl flame and dont read all post's.

Aza :mad: 2 fast 4 me :cool:

ioulios
05-22-2013, 04:42 PM
any free seals or gold?

Durajczyk
05-22-2013, 06:06 PM
LOL! :P
One Herald Box should be enough IMHO :P

Paradigm101
05-22-2013, 06:34 PM
@Aza:
I'm sorry if I'm being rude earlier, this wasn't my goal by any means.
I just check the new plateform and we can now purchase 6000 seals for 99$ CAD.
About one month ago I bought two 6400-seals packs for around 93$.
It feels to me that the seal's price has gone up...
Am I missing something here?

DejmienDD
05-22-2013, 07:06 PM
What about PayPal payment? I cant pay in euro by PP ?
I'm from Poland but i wanna use paypal...

Captcoconut
05-22-2013, 07:27 PM
@Aza:
I'm sorry if I'm being rude earlier, this wasn't my goal by any means.
I just check the new plateform and we can now purchase 6000 seals for 99$ CAD.
About one month ago I bought two 6400-seals packs for around 93$.
It feels to me that the seal's price has gone up...
Am I missing something here?

The price has been adjusted it would seem. I was getting 3000 seals (enough for a serious box) 3 days ago for $45 usd now its 2800 seals for $50 usd with some random promo. TBH, I'd rather have the seals and not have to buy $50 dollars and wait to level up before I can get my box. Doesn't seem worth it any longer unless the promotions they randomly do are going to be that amazing to spend $5 more and drop 200 seals.

r3tsa
05-22-2013, 07:45 PM
For Poland prizes are little better actually, I guess we need more info on special offers.

martijnr30
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
When will the update be ready on the ipad version? The ipad store is really slow now too.

nutlamb
05-23-2013, 12:28 AM
What about PayPal payment? I cant pay in euro by PP ?
I'm from Poland but i wanna use paypal...
Paypal is still there
But I want to know what about Ultimate Game Card?!

E:Already found it in 9 other choices...

Devilmark999
05-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Aza...just a question.
WHEN Emilio comes out with the promotion?
I mean the step of transaction.
Because i usually use a pre paid card to pay, and i charge only the money i need, not more.
And if i choose to spend X to buy seals, then the wild Emilio appear and say "Hi Dev, if you give me X+Y i'll give you cookies".
Meh..even if i accept Emilio limited offer, like in your screenshot, maybe i cant pay for it cause on the card i dont have enough cash.
I hope you understand what i mean, i dont talk english very well...and i hope you could suggest something to avoid a situation like that, except of course...charge more money :p

DejmienDD
05-23-2013, 03:04 AM
Paypal is still there
But I want to know what about Ultimate Game Card?!

Well i dont have Paypal option, where are you from? mby it depens on ur country.... anyway this new platfor is ******ed.

Haterboy22
05-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Hello,
How long does it take to get your seals after purchasing them via the ultimate pay option?
Been few hours since my transaction was completed, but still have received the seals yet.

nullu
05-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Why did you guys remove the Phone sms payment service?

Mis02
05-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I wanted to buy Seals but Paypal Mobile Payment and Paysafecard which are more common used payment methods are REMOVED?
and also I get unknown RBP value
What's wrong with that? I need to hurry cuz Void Rising pack is discounted
Why did you fail all good payment methods?

Aza404
05-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Dear champions,

To give a better gaming experience to the new players, we introduced a new ELO Escalator feature. When you are below ELO 500, your ELO is calculated by taking your total victories into account. That way, a player who is 1100 ELO can't fall below the 500 shelf, and fight against new players. If you are above 500, your ELO won't be affected.

Hopefully this will help in fighting the "botting" and "exploitation" of younger players with lower ELO.

Best,
Aza

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Dear champions,

To give a better gaming experience to the new players, we introduced a new ELO Escalator feature. When you are below ELO 500, your ELO is calculated by taking your total victories into account. That way, a player who is 1100 ELO can't fall below the 500 shelf, and fight against new players. If you are above 500, your ELO won't be affected.

Hopefully this will help in fighting the "botting" and "exploitation" of younger players with lower ELO.

Best,
Aza

Will be there any way to check how many victories we have? Btw good idea :)

Aza404
05-23-2013, 03:26 PM

Nothing planned yet, but definitely a cool feature we would want to have later on :)

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
It would be cool too if you had a "Block friend requests option" I'm tired to receive friend requests from everyone :|

Adderdin
05-23-2013, 03:51 PM

Nothing planned yet, but definitely a cool feature we would want to have later on :)

/sigh Go to Achievements, search for Veteran if you have less than 250 victories total, it will give you the precise number, if you have less than 500 victories total, check level 3 achievement Champion status.

Adderdin
05-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Dear champions,

Best,
Aza

Gee wizz.... no wonder nobody knows whats going on, if community manager decides to post this kind of information in some irrelevantly named thread instead of making an appearance here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/771485-Elo-system-and-other-random-thoughts-issues-from-a-new-player or even starting a new thread.

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
/sigh Go to Achievements, search for Veteran if you have less than 250 victories total, it will give you the precise number, if you have less than 500 victories total, check level 3 achievement Champion status.

After 500 victories you won't have any way to check it. It needs a permanent feature.

Adderdin
05-23-2013, 04:05 PM
After 500 victories you won't have any way to check it. It needs a permanent feature.

no **** sherlock....

Kommutierung
05-23-2013, 04:06 PM
when i go to leaderboards i can see how many duels i have won yet, or do you mean sth different?

Adderdin
05-23-2013, 04:27 PM
when i go to leaderboards i can see how many duels i have won yet, or do you mean sth different?

Only in achievements and only if you have less than 500.

Kommutierung
05-23-2013, 04:29 PM
errr i have sth like 800 wins and i still see them on leaderboard... so no idea what are you talking about?

EnArodin
05-23-2013, 04:31 PM
So there is no way to play with paysafe cards (at least at teh moment)?!
That really puzzles me, since PSCs have always been a convenient and popular way of payment....

Adderdin
05-23-2013, 04:37 PM
errr i have sth like 800 wins and i still see them on leaderboard... so no idea what are you talking about?

Oh I didnt know that, but atleast i knew about tracking them through Achievement, unllike Aza404 who just did not remember any of those.

Revelataen
05-23-2013, 04:54 PM
LoL.
I always checking my wins through leaderboard... C'mon, people ;)

Hantziie
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM

I didn't know about that.

reapersaurus
05-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes, I check my wins through the leaderboard page.

Aza - this is a VERY shortsighted attempted "fix" :
Many low-level victories were obtained from the opponent forfeiting. For some recent players, as many as 50% of their wins may have come from instant forfeits.

Further, it completely ignores one of the main problems in mid-level play:
This game is a boring grind, I hate to break the news to you.
Having to use the same deck over and over again, with hundreds of games before you can afford a significant influx of new cards to your pool (because they are so expensive), is boring.
Which leaves us with trying a different deck.
Well, when you start out, and for quite some time afterwards, you don't have enough good cards to make a competitive deck.
I am on my 3rd faction (Stronghold) and my deck can't really compete at the level I was with Necropolis and Haven. I lose most matches, but then 1 in 3 matches I would get a forfeit to pump my ELO up. I should not be above 500 with this deck, and if/when I eventually get a Inferno hero, I'm not sure if that deck will be able to compete at 500+ ELO. (Of course, since 8 out of 10 decks are Inferno faction around this level, maybe I'll be OK).

While I'm glad the devs may have found a way to protect new players from the shameless crushing exploitation from higher-level players, I hope they find a way to fix this ELO problem facing anyone who wants to play a non-optimized deck.

numbers1311407
05-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Just to be precise, the prices will not change!

With our new payment platform, prices wonít change but will be adjusted depending on the region and currency conversion. Now that we have released in North America, we have also adapted our prices there, and thatís where those screenshots come from.

So, was this an honest mistake or just plain misinformation? Currency conversion aside, here in the U.S. prices increased by ~10% with this change at base cost, and without the old price matrix in front of me I can't quote for certain, but it seems like the discounts for the larger packages were decreased dramatically as well. Wasn't it 34.99 for 2800 a few days ago? Does anyone remember? It's 49.99 now.

Regardless, I'm sorry but these prices just seem absolutely egregious. This would not be the case if cards were tradeable, but with the current state of things, if you're looking to put together a deck for a single faction/hero, the actual usable cards you get out of a pack is minimal (sometimes none), and the rest are worthless. Seriously, the first box of 10 packs I opened resulted in zero rare/epic cards usable by my hero of choice, and very few cards that were useful to me at all. Now I'm ~30 packs in and I still don't have even a fraction of the cards I'd like for one, single, cohesive deck.

Then, as though to add insult to injury, you can't even use the cards you do own in multiple decks?

Sorry Ubisoft, but I think the writing is on the wall. This game is a blatant cash grab. To be at all viable you need to either shell out $100s to the gods of random, just hoping to get 59 cards that have any semblance of synergy, OR spend days on end grinding boring, half-assed pvp battles with a hodge podge nonsense deck of thrown together commons until you make enough gold to buy the many packs you need. There is no way I'm going to drop $50 (almost enough) for the mega pack which only gives me a slim chance of drawing the cards I need to make a deck even approaching what I'd like. I'm not talking about a deck full of epic cards here. After a starter deck plus 30 packs there are plenty of commons that I haven't yet seen.

Not fun. Sorry for the rant but I had high hopes for this game initially and discovering the truth is really very disappointing.

Back to waiting for Hex.

LuziferXYZ
05-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Regardless, I'm sorry but these prices just seem absolutely egregious. This would not be the case if cards were tradeable, but with the current state of things, if you're looking to put together a deck for a single faction/hero, the actual usable cards you get out of a pack is minimal (sometimes none), and the rest are worthless. Seriously, the first box of 10 packs I opened resulted in zero rare/epic cards usable by my hero of choice, and very few cards that were useful to me at all. Now I'm ~30 packs in and I still don't have even a fraction of the cards I'd like for one, single, cohesive deck.

Then, as though to add insult to injury, you can't even use the cards you do own in multiple decks?
This much to your last quoted sentence: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/770454-Suggestions-from-a-new-player

I really don't know where the problem is. I started with Inferno and lost nealy every game to necro. Ok, I thought, I save the seals from the campaign and the levelups and buy me an Void Box. Well, big mistake but after that I bought every starter deck with gold and also could win with them (for the achievement 30 win with each faction) my 30 wins. Now I am at nearly 200 wins (lets take -20 because of instant surrenderer) and I am still missing little less then 100 cards to the full collection. The games I play at my elo (which isn't really high) are more luck dependent then the cards.
I did the best out of the cards I got. Sure I favor a faction but I also know and need to know what the other factions can do and for that I can only recommend to try to get the achievment. And I can only laugh at the rare/epic cards. Sure they are also a part of the game but not the decisivly one.

Oh, btw. Hex really sounds interesting but until the open beta are months (Heathstone... rofl). So why don't give the devs of DoC the time to make this OTCG (sry but I am lost in the abbreviations ^^) to the one you imagine?

CrispyPotatoe
05-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah....I have no idea why now I get LESS seals for the money, I was just gonna get some seals excepting the rate from a few days ago but not anymore.

DragoAskani
05-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Wasn't it 34.99 for 2800 a few days ago? Does anyone remember? It's 49.99 now.

No it was $45.01 for 3000 seals. I just checked my statement for the purchase I made a week ago. So I know the price for a fact that I paid at the time.

Telmaril
06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
So; now whatever you said that nothing will change, I see that It will change.

I spend some money two months ago and was thinking to spend more, but if the prices rises I think that I wouldnt do it anymore. I don't want to feel cheated.