PDA

View Full Version : Kieran's, an easy one to reach r1

pinball1973
05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Deck's here:
http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/3259/

90+% win rate in my latest hundreds duels.
Really easy to race every popular deck in the tournament these days, asides from Siegrag's which tastes like a little gambling anyway.

From my perspective this deck is better those with telepot&armor.

Elementalist.
05-20-2013, 06:42 PM
4 WC/DA + 3 pao, not much of a suprise there.

GustavXIII
05-20-2013, 07:10 PM
With those cards and his passive ability absolutely no suprise. Will probably (hopefully) get nerfed with the next expansion, for the sake of variety! Even i had enough of him and switched my hero!

DragoAskani
05-21-2013, 03:07 AM
Which is why I went back to playing Shaar in the tourney. With 4 quakes, 4 insect swarms, and 4 Armageddons I destroy any and all Kierans. My only bad match up that I feel I can't win is versus Nergal OTK. And I even win that sometimes thanks to my 1 Surprise tower and a well time wasteland to keep them from stopping me from towering them.

Psychobabble.au
05-21-2013, 08:11 AM
the praetorians are awful, shouldn't be in the deck. I don't like expert marksman either. If you're getting rank 1 regularly you should have enough cash to fill out your playset of paos, which are essential (buy crag hack precon deck) and then add 3 more 3-drops (probably sun riders, but I can see the argument for wolf marksmans to not clog up the melee line unduly) and 2 armours. The armours are your out against AOE and seigfried retaliation decks and are pretty crucial. I'd also personally add a spell steal instead of one of the spell twisters, as countering a stone shield reactively is usually better than pre-emptively vs an OTK deck.

And contra the previous posters, this deck is in no way dominant. It's a under dog against nergal OTK and seigfried and 50/50 at best vs kat and kelthor. It's an "ok" deck at the top level, nowhere near dominant.

pinball1973
05-21-2013, 10:56 AM
4PAO would be too easy to tackle with in today's decks.
3PAO work pretty good.

Silly comments about disadvantages to KAT.

As for Kelthor, Kelthor is one of the top decks in the normal duels, the most problem of it is can't deal with those OTK. So it could race this deck sometimes.
Armor helps to deal with Kelthor, but Armor sucks most of the time.

I start Kieran with 4PAO, armor, and whatever, finally becomes this one.

Not going to debate about which card is better further, I am just telling that this deck cracks popular decks these days.
:)

DragoAskani
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Doesn't change that today on my way up to top 50 in Jackpot I crushed 5 kierans with Kat on my way up there. :D 3/6/0 and 4/6/0 Kierans need a god draw vs my form of OTK. Here's a copy of Mine for perusal. http://mmdoc.net/show_deck/3287/ Pretty typical Sometimes I run 1 or 2 towers in there as well though.

Harmbringer
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
enjoy it for this week.
Itīs sentenced to death anyway.

Both of you btw!

DragoAskani
05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
enjoy it for this week.
Itīs sentenced to death anyway.

Both of you btw!

We will see. I already have Ideas for using that new Inferno witch for an OTK deck. After all I could garrets purge the stuff you would protect yourself from me with.

SoAmazinglyBad
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
im pretty sure he talked about kieran

DragoAskani
05-21-2013, 09:03 PM
im pretty sure he talked about kieran

If he talked about Kieran I dont think there would be a Both of you btw at the end of his post.

Lunarath13
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
I find it impossible to make a deck for 1200+ without having any Wolf captains or Blackskull vulture rider.Those 2 cards just keep destroying me and i don't know how to counter it

Br4ys4
05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Just dont give up! In my Kelthor deck i have only one rider and one warchanter, and i can still easily hit 1300+ :-) Cards are important but u can sometimes compensate lacking ones with ur skill and some unpredictable moves ;-)

SoAmazinglyBad
05-23-2013, 01:02 PM
If he talked about Kieran I dont think there would be a Both of you btw at the end of his post.

i agree. u are right :)