PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree...

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 08:43 AM
With this statement

"AC ~ CoD, because they both release yearly"

no bias and no arguments...just vote and post below what you voted to keep the thread alive

This is not a "Do you agree with the yearly release or not" thread, so please...keep it as it should be

ProletariatPleb
05-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Uhhh....this is too vague, but I'll go with yes.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Uhhh....this is too vague, but I'll go with yes.
Yes Yes I know..You probably want to say yes and no, BUT...it`ll turn into a flame war argument too quickly, so 2 options is good...it means you`ll vote for what you feel is more...yes or no and it`ll prevent the flame wars :P

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 08:48 AM
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful.

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 09:09 AM
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful.

Oh.. oh ..oh you dont know that roosters dont deserve to be in the top eight!!! oh.. oh ....oh :D

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Oh.. oh ..oh you dont know that roosters dont deserve to be in the top eight!!! oh.. oh ....oh :D2nd brah.

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 09:25 AM
2nd brah.

hahaha I know, they are a great team.. just trying to piss you off.. But I know a team that will annihilate all.. and if we win tomorrow.. we should be 6th.

OP: I voted no..

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Oh haha...haha..Australia...Yeah..haha...Sports...tot ally need to get my head outta the gutter :|

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
hahaha I know, they are a great team.. just trying to piss you off.. But I know a team that will annihilate all.. and if we win tomorrow.. we should be 6th.

OP: I voted no..Haha I know, haha I'm gonna say sharks.

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Haha I know, haha I'm gonna say sharks.

good guess... but nope.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 09:39 AM
good guess... but nope.Knights? Raiders? Doggies?

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Doggies?
mind outta the gutter mind outta the gutter :|

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Knights? Raiders? Doggies?

No point in me trying to prolong it... Its the Doggies... Lol we have completely Australianized this thread.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 09:43 AM
no point in me trying to prolong it... Its the doggies... Lol we have completely australianized this thread.Hahahahaha SBW 38-0.

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Hahahahaha SBW 38-0.

pfffffft... that was them at 40% strength with their key players MIA. 3 win streak and i expect a 4th tomorrow. I will be watching roosters game very closely in the next half hour.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 09:52 AM
pfffffft... that was them at 40% strength with their key players MIA. 3 wins and i expect a 4th tomorrow. I will be watching roosters game very closely in the next half hour.Good, even with out JWH we're still a force.

AherasSTRG
05-18-2013, 10:47 AM
I voted for "no". I sincerely believe that the question is plainly stupid.

TheHumanTowel
05-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Why do you not want people to post their reasons? It's a pretty **** thread if it's just filled with yes or no posts. It's a dumb question in the first place anyway so I'm abstaining.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Why do you not want people to post their reasons? It's a pretty **** thread if it's just filled with yes or no posts. It's a dumb question in the first place anyway so I'm abstaining.
I dont want people posting reasons, because it`ll lead to the never ending argument of "are yearly releases bad or good" and that`s not what the thread is about...I have to say, though..if you think it`s a dumb question, why are you so pissed about not providing reasons??!! Normally, no one would want to write too much about something dumb

but hey, if it`ll make you feel any better..write away..it`s not like I can stop you

TheHumanTowel
05-18-2013, 11:24 AM
I dont want people posting reasons, because it`ll lead to the never ending argument of "are yearly releases bad or good" and that`s not what the thread is about...I have to say, though..if you think it`s a dumb question, why are you so pissed about not providing reasons??!! Normally, no one would want to write too much about something dumb

but hey, if it`ll make you feel any better..write away..it`s not like I can stop you
I'm not pissed I'm just confused why you want your thread to be devoid of discussion and just be lists of people going yes no yes no no yes. What's the point of this thread if no one's allowed to talk about anything?

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm not pissed I'm just confused why you want your thread to be devoid of discussion and just be lists of people going yes no yes no no yes. What's the point of this thread if no one's allowed to talk about anything?
Because it`ll turn into- wait.... didn't I explain that??

I WANT it to be devoid of discussion...am I stopping anyone?? Will EVERYONE listen? No and probably not...so...go ahead

sorry....confused then, if not pissed...CONFUUUUUUUUUSED

TheHumanTowel
05-18-2013, 11:37 AM
That's a silly reason. And this is a silly thread.

monster_rambo
05-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Yes. This thread does seems pointless. It seems like M is trying to make a point that most AC fans don't think AC will divulge into COD cash cow selling the same $$$$ when he realizes that the majority of the people that visit these forums are AC fans. The polls are obviously going to be bias plus it is a small sample size so it is not statistically significant. Plus, it only offers "yes" and "no" without allowing open ended answers and allowing people to explain their choice. Sounds like he is doing this to confirm his own bias.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 11:51 AM
That's a silly reason. And this is a silly thread.
OK

Yes. This thread does seems pointless. It seems like M is trying to make a point that most AC fans don't think AC will divulge into COD cash cow selling the same $$$$ when he realizes that the majority of the people that visit these forums are AC fans. The polls are obviously going to be bias plus it is a small sample size so it is not statistically significant. Plus, it only offers "yes" and "no" without allowing open ended answers and allowing people to explain their choice. Sounds like he is doing this to confirm his own bias.
excuse me....do I know you? do you know me? I didn't think so..

i`ll say it again, people...i don't want anyone discussing "open minded" anything..you want to assume and act like your smart so you can feel good about yourself that`s fine, you can also discuss whatever you want...i`m not stopping anyone...i just don't WANT it to happen

if you think this is silly, kindly say so and i`ll thank you from the bottom of my heart for it...

monster_rambo
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM
excuse me....do I know you? do you know me? I didn't think so..

i`ll say it again, people...i don't want anyone discussing "open minded" anything..you want to assume and act like your smart so you can feel good about yourself that`s fine, you can also discuss whatever you want...i`m not stopping anyone...i just don't WANT it to happen

if you think this is silly, kindly say so and i`ll thank you from the bottom of my heart for it...

Okay, but don't take this personally but I really don't understand your intentions of making this thread if you simply want people to do a poll but not allowing people to discuss.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Okay, but don't take this personally
i`m not the one who`s making silly assumptions

but I really don't understand your intentions of making this thread if you simply want people to do a poll but not allowing people to discuss.
allow...did I ever use that word anywhere?? I said please and asked people to keep this thread without arguments...clearly if anyone WANTS otherwise...he/she may do as he/she wishes...I do not WANT, but i cannot disallow it....i do not ALLOW anything..

I intend to take this whole poll and show it to the office of justice at my ego to prove that a small percentage of hardcore AC fans believe something.....truly...how creative

monster_rambo
05-18-2013, 12:09 PM
I intend to take this whole poll and show it to the office of justice at my ego to prove that a small percentage of hardcore AC fans believe something.....truly...how creative

Thanks for confirming. This is exactly what I thought. Boring thread is boring, move on. Cheers.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 12:13 PM
move on.
Thank you...best thing i`v seen all week

Cheers.
these 2 words are terribly suited...

Sushiglutton
05-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but.

shobhit7777777
05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
"AC~COD" not "="
Fix it M

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 01:10 PM
"AC~COD" not "="
Fix it M
button is broken on my keyboard :S

Sushiglutton
05-18-2013, 01:11 PM
button is broken on my keyboard :S

Mark the symbol, ctrl+c, ctrl+v ;)

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Mark the symbol, ctrl+c, ctrl+v ;)
Why do you make me feel stupid :|

wait...can I even edit poll titles??

Sushiglutton
05-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Why do you make me feel stupid :|

wait...can I even edit poll titles??

I had a very crappy keyboard for a couple of years (I'm cheap like that) and I learned to live with it ;). I dunno about poll titles. It would make sense if you couldn't edit them actually.

ze_topazio
05-18-2013, 01:18 PM
People, usually, don't associate yearly releases with good things, sports games are the exception, everybody seems to be okay with those.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 01:18 PM
I had a very crappy keyboard for a couple of years (I'm cheap like that) and I learned to live with it ;). I dunno about poll titles. It would make sense if you couldn't edit them actually.
"Do you touch yourself"

Yes or no

man...that would be fun :|

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 01:20 PM
"Do you touch yourself"

Yes or no

man...that would be fun :|Yes.

Sushiglutton
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
"Do you touch yourself"

Yes or no

man...that would be fun :|

"Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected." lol

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
"Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected." lol
never sounded more appropriate...

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I can think of many times i have touched myself.. I do it all the time, Grooming my hair, scratching etc touching ourselves is a way of life.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 01:28 PM
I can think of many times i have touched myself.. I do it all the time, Grooming my hair, scratching etc touching ourselves is a way of life.BBQing.

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes I do. CoD releases games every year with minimal changes. Same with AC. Its all about money.

shobhit7777777
05-18-2013, 03:11 PM
button is broken on my keyboard :s

: |

mark the symbol, ctrl+c, ctrl+v ;)

: )

why do you make me feel stupid :|

wait...can i even edit poll titles??

: O

mmmmoooooooooooodddddsss!!!!

nitres15
05-18-2013, 03:22 PM
CoD=an fps
AC=third person action adventure

I donīt get how people could mistake them for each other

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 05:50 PM
CoD=an fps
AC=third person action adventure

I donīt get how people could mistake them for each other

Wait.. what? Did you even read the OP? Because stating that they are different genres doesn't mean anything.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 06:29 PM
The line that separates true fans from the people that just like to fit in... ;D

I wish Assassins Creed came out every 6 months...but hey if you want it every 2 years..then we would be getting Revelations this year...awesome, huh? ;D
See you Connor in 2015! and Edward in 2017!! :DD

ze_topazio
05-18-2013, 06:39 PM
The line that separates true fans from the people that just like to fit in... ;D

I wish Assassins Creed came out every 6 months...but hey if you want it every 2 years..then we would be getting Revelations this year...awesome, huh? ;D
See you Connor in 2015! and Edward in 2017!! :DD

And most likely those games would be better well crafted thanks to that, however people usually wish Brotherhood and Revelations had not existed, so we still would have got AC3 last year and AC4 would come out in 2014, the difference would be that those games would have got the full attention of one team instead of having the production divided among dozens of different teams.

Mr_Shade
05-18-2013, 06:40 PM
So..

I take it M had a disagreement with someone over annual releases.. and made a thread..?

Trying to compare games - based only on release schedules.. ? hmmm

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
And most likely those games would be better well crafted thanks to that, however people usually wish Brotherhood and Revelations had not existed, so we still would have got AC3 last year and AC4 would come out in 2014, the difference would be that those games would have got the full attention of one team instead of having the production divided among dozens of different teams.
They wouldn't though...same setting..same story..just maybe a bigger map with a few more side missions...people seem to forget all AC game are in development from between 2 to 3 years...ubi just has multiple large teams that allow them to release one after another...
And every Assassins Creed game has felt different (to me)..I just have to roll my eyes everytime someone mentions Call of Duty...They both have yearly releases..in Assassins Creed it's to continue a story that its fans cant get enough of and cant wait 2 years for like they can for an uncharted game...Call of duty its simply to add new skins to trick people its different for a pay check...
they are in 2 different leagues

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
So..

I take it M had a disagreement with someone over annual releases.. and made a thread..?

Lol exactly..

shobhit7777777
05-18-2013, 07:04 PM
So..

I'm soooo glad you're here

AC and COD can't actually be compared.....rather equated

Hence this equation - "AC=COD" is inherently false.

We cannot let this slide. This is a blight on the forums and should be eradicated. The onus is on all of us to maintain certain mathegameatic standards, otherwise its just chaos.

So, in the name of humanity...I request you to change it from "=" to "~"

Similarity can be established, but equality....****ing NO!

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 07:45 PM
So..

why does EVERYONE think i`m stupid?? I mean, yeah, I am, but not like THAT..

i`m actually not a supporter of the yearly releases...and If I had a disagreement with someone, I wouldn't make a poll because of it, hell that would be pointless....what? i`m gonna take the results of this poll and tell him "see?? see?? everyone loves it, so shut your mouth" I mean, yes it does sound like that`s what i`m gonna do, because to be honest i dug myself in this hole in the first place when I said i don't want details so no arguments would arise.. :|

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 09:15 PM
why does EVERYONE think i`m stupid?? I mean, yeah, I am, but not like THAT..

i`m actually not a supporter of the yearly releases...and If I had a disagreement with someone, I wouldn't make a poll because of it, hell that would be pointless....what? i`m gonna take the results of this poll and tell him "see?? see?? everyone loves it, so shut your mouth" I mean, yes it does sound like that`s what i`m gonna do, because to be honest i dug myself in this hole in the first place when I said i don't want details so no arguments would arise.. :|

You can always skip a year brother..no one forces you to buy the year they come out...
or you can always skip the in between games..
I think AC 4 is the game that holds the hammer...there is a nail resting on a coffin...if AC 4 is an outstanding game, the hammer misses the nail..
If AC 4 is Revelations or Brotherhood quality (not saying they were bad games..but obviously not much went into them) then that is the nail in the coffin and ubi needs to step back and reevaluate what they are doing with the series.
Numbered titles are where we expect quality..and that is where the game delivers..if you liked connor or american revolutipon or not..game wise ac 3 was a beautiful step forward and they need to be able to do the same with AC4

I personally don't like the fact they are doing a numbered title back to back..but with the subtitle..this may be a prequel to AC 4..which im kind of hoping for a little...

Or this can be phase 2 in the series
Phase 1: AC > AC 2 > AcB > ACR
Phase 2: AC3 > AC 4> AC? > AC ?
Which would be kind of cool too

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:20 PM
You can always skip a year brother..no one forces you to buy the year they come out...
will that make the game better?? or wait...i`ll try with an experiment..i`ll wait 6 months then i`ll buy AC III again...hopefully, the awful mission design, battle of concord, clunky horse mechanics, lack of polish and linear assassinations will be gone when i buy it again in 6 months....or is that negated now since I bought it before??

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 09:22 PM
will that make the game better?? or wait...i`ll try with an experiment..i`ll wait 6 months then i`ll buy AC III again...hopefully, the awful mission design, battle of concord, clunky horse mechanics, lack of polish and linear assassinations will be gone when i buy it again in 6 months....or is that negated now since I bought it before??

my point exactly....the games take just as long to make as any other AAA game...all they would be doing is shelfing it to stop people from crying..if they hold off the release date you would still get the same game with a few less bug and 10 extra missions...

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:26 PM
my point exactly....the games take just as long to make as any other AAA game...all they would be doing is shelfing it to stop people from crying..if they hold off the release date you would still get the same game with a few less bug and 10 extra missions...
No actually, if they abandon the yearly release, there`s a 53 percent chance that the game MAY be better....we`v seen how yearly releases affect the game and maybe it`s not guaranteed we`ll have a better game by abandoning the yearly schedule, BUT...we know one thing...there`s this 3 % difference the game will be better..you can`t say that extra time wouldn't make a difference....you just can`t say that

less bugs would`v catapulted AC III....you`re talking about it as something trivial...

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 09:27 PM
They arent going to say "oo we get an extra year to make assassins creed, lets not make the game linear so we kill off our casual gamer market"

Gi1t
05-18-2013, 09:29 PM

Whether he really wanted to or not, that's what it'll bring in unfortunately. Just having the two black and white choices will turn in pretty skewed results. If you want fewer arguments/coments, more choices is the way to go, because then people don't have to explain and qualify their choices if there's one that represents their opinion already.

Another title for this thread might be 'has it gotten that bad yet?' which I don't think it has, but it's certainly heading that way. Even though they're not strictly cramming the games inot a one-year dev-time, they're certainly rushing them to get them out on a yearly basis. The biggest problem is that they refuse point blank to even acknowledge that it can become a problem to rush a game out to meet a deadline. If they'd at least say they're taking steps to address that issue, people might actually be giving them the benefit of the doubt here. Their total ignorance of the problem is the worst part.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:31 PM
They arent going to say "oo we get an extra year to make assassins creed, lets not make the game linear so we kill off our casual gamer market"
Linearity offers lesser creativity in game design, Linearity is a FAR more convenient option for game designers...less time and less programming...less time = less money spent on resources...

it`s convenient for everyone

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Linearity offers lesser creativity in game design, Linearity is a FAR more convenient option for game designers...less time and less programming...less time = less money spent on resources...

it`s convenient for everyone

Tell that to Naughty Dog...

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 09:35 PM
it's pretty crazy that Assassins Creed 3 (the most linear game in the series) took the most time and money to develop...

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:38 PM
it's pretty crazy that Assassins Creed 3 (the most linear game in the series) took the most time and money to develop...
Just Money...We don't know how long AC I and AC II took...maybe they took longer..also, it would have taken A LOT more Money had they put better resourcing into NON-LINEARITY and testing

oh hey, AC III sold the most in the series, by default it`s the best game in the series

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 09:41 PM
But I honestly do want to understand your view on this M..so for the sake of me seeing through your eyes..Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations Never existed.
We haven't heard of Assassins Creed since 2009.
it's 2012..Assassins Creed 3 is announced.
How much better is this game with out the distraction of Brotherhood and Revelations?
Explain to me every detail of what would possibly be different or better about the game.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 09:53 PM
But I honestly do want to understand your view on this M..so for the sake of me seeing through your eyes..Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations Never existed.
We haven't heard of Assassins Creed since 2009.
it's 2012..Assassins Creed 3 is announced.
How much better is this game with out the distraction of Brotherhood and Revelations?
Explain to me every detail of what would possibly be different or better about the game.
Who said I dont want ACB and ACR?? and who said they were distractions?? Ubisoft had more than studio work on different games..the game was in development since 2010, so if I said that the lack of ACR and ACB would make AC III better, then i`d be delusional imo...

Well, firstly...the pressure would be so much less minimized on everyone working...there`s elasticity in the schedule. creativity does not go well with pressure, I mean sometimes it does, but most of the time no

healthy creativity would bring about better ideas. Ideas in general demand testing...more testing will ensure minimal problems and the most fun out of the idea..Developers have more time to know what`s fun and what`s not...

better testing demands more time, more time will equal more polish and creatively better ideas for non-linearity..do not get me wrong, i`m not saying linear games are trash..i`m saying non-linear games made linear are bound to be bad, because Linearity is so much more convenient...there`s just one path..non-linearity has more than one path, which should automatically mean more time

AH said that he wanted 6 more months to better polish AC III....that says enough

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Who said I dont want ACB and ACR?? and who said they were distractions?? Ubisoft had more than studio work on different games..the game was in development since 2010, so if I said that the lack of ACR and ACB would make AC III better, then i`d be delusional imo...

Well, firstly...the pressure would be so much less minimized on everyone working...there`s elasticity in the schedule. creativity does not go well with pressure, I mean sometimes it does, but most of the time no

healthy creativity would bring about better ideas. Ideas in general demand testing...more testing will ensure minimal problems and the most fun out of the idea..Developers have more time to know what`s fun and what`s not...

better testing demands more time, more time will equal more polish and creatively better ideas for non-linearity..do not get me wrong, i`m not saying linear games are trash..i`m saying non-linear games made linear are bound to be bad, because Linearity is so much more convenient...there`s just one path..non-linearity has more than one path, which should automatically mean more time

AH said that he wanted 6 more months to better polish AC III....that says enough

I'm saying for the sake of seeing things through your eyes..without ACB and ACR how much better would ac 3 be..I didnt mean it to sound like you didnt want those 2 games...
so if they had nothing going on you believe they would change the game play formula :) I can see that..
So if Assassins Creed stops being linear, you are fine with yearly releases?
Im not sure if you were a fan of AC 2, but i believe that is the team working on AC 4 along with the far cry 3 team.
So for you AC 3 put the nail in coffin...
For me AC 4 has the potential to give me faith or put my nail in the coffin...
We will see
Giving it a numbered title was a huge risk.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm saying for the sake of seeing things through your eyes..without ACB and ACR how much better would ac 3 be..I didnt mean it to sound like you didnt want those 2 games...
so if they had nothing going on you believe they would change the game play formula :) I can see that..
So if Assassins Creed stops being linear, you are fine with yearly releases?
Im not sure if you were a fan of AC 2, but i believe that is the team working on AC 4 along with the far cry 3 team.
So for you AC 3 put the nail in coffin...
For me AC 4 has the potential to give me faith or put my nail in the coffin...
We will see
Giving it a numbered title was a huge risk.
I`m a fan of all the games and I enjoyed each one..the only game I felt like I enjoyed most for all the right reasons was AC I....I enjoyed AC I for the freedom, Assassinations and game design....everything else in every other game is for all the wrong reasons...I enjoyed AC II for its setting and music, I enjoyed ACB for its side missions, I enjoyed ACR for its Setting and better character and I enjoyed AC III for the story, character, Naval combat, Homestead and tree running

My top 2 favorites are AC III and AC I...I do not want to enjoy AC games JUST for Naval combat and homesteading, no..I want to enjoy freedom and the fantasy of assassination as well..I`m not saying naval all the other features are unnecessary fluff, i`m just saying that I want to enjoy freedom and fantasy ALONG with this fluff...

They`re all great games, for all the wrong reasons to me (barring AC I)

EDIT: I also think that AC BF is worthy of the number...others may think that a time period is the defining, but nah..that`s BS...Edward has new animations...AC II is numbered and it has the same exact animations :p

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Tell that to Naughty Dog...

Agreed.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I`m a fan of all the games and I enjoyed each one..the only game I felt like I enjoyed most for all the right reasons was AC I....I enjoyed AC I for the freedom, Assassinations and game design....everything else in every other game is for all the wrong reasons...I enjoyed AC II for its setting and music, I enjoyed ACB for its side missions, I enjoyed ACR for its Setting and better character and I enjoyed AC III for the story, character, Naval combat, Homestead and tree running

My top 2 favorites are AC III and AC I...I do not want to enjoy AC games JUST for Naval combat and homesteading, no..I want to enjoy freedom and the fantasy of assassination as well..I`m not saying naval all the other features are unnecessary fluff, i`m just saying that I want to enjoy freedom and fantasy ALONG with this fluff...

They`re all great games, for all the wrong reasons to me (barring AC I)

You could always create your own stories haha..it is open world and we are free to do as we wish during and after the story is over...Even after I beat an AC game I still get hours of enjoyment running around and picking fights with guards haha...and when they let me hang people and hunt for items..sweet jesus..look out

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 10:35 PM
You could always create your own stories haha..it is open world and we are free to do as we wish during and after the story is over...Even after I beat an AC game I still get hours of enjoyment running around and picking fights with guards haha...and when they let me hang people and hunt for items..sweet jesus..look out
that`s the most basic form of freedom...I want freedom in story as well...have you played AC I?? God..the freedom there...from the very first mission (the tutorial) you have choices...SIMPLE choices...3 ways to reach the mouth of the cave at the beginning....3 ways to reach the top of the trap towers....it`s amazing how freedom is emphasized...

i want that back....evolution of freedom...from the basic of 3 ways to reach a place and how we want to free roam...to several ways to Assassinate, several routes..etc

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Its funny because I would have thought making things linear would take more time.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Its funny because I would have thought making things linear would take more time.
how did you even come to that conclusion?? :|

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 10:38 PM
that`s the most basic form of freedom...I want freedom in story as well...have you played AC I?? God..the freedom there...from the very first mission (the tutorial) you have choices...SIMPLE choices...3 ways to reach the mouth of the cave at the beginning....3 ways to reach the top of the trap towers....it`s amazing how freedom is emphasized...

i want that back....evolution of freedom...from the basic of 3 ways to reach a place and how we want to free roam...to several ways to Assassinate, several routes..etc

Yes, I went from AC Revelations (my first AC game) to AC 1 (because it came with AC Rev for Free)
And for that reason I didn't enjoy it as much..I was spoiled by the beauty and movie like style of revelations lol

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 11:05 PM
how did you even come to that conclusion?? :|

I don't know.. actually... forget I said anything.

Gi1t
05-19-2013, 12:15 AM

Yeah, freedom is complicated. It's not just about how MANY options you have, but how much they matter/how deep they are. Just having two slightly different ways to basically do the same thing isn't very significant. In the context of Assassinations, freedom would be having the option to choose how you approach the target and what position you strike from and what you do to break through the obstacles protecting them, like guards. (For example, choosing to kill one, but simply shove another one out of the way, then knock something down that falls on another one). A

ny time you add in any scripted sequence that interrupts what you're doing, it can take you out of the experience. Say you're climbing up a tall building and planning to start your Assassination plan from there, but then as you're jumping down and taking out archers, the game sticks you in a cutscene that drops you into the middle of the square. It's not just having options but also being able to remain in control for most of the time instead of constantly being interrupted.

But the most important factor is not feeling like you're just choosing to follow one of three or four pre-programmed paths, which is the tricky part since that's basically what you have to do to program it. You need to have different functions that are able to work together in a variety of combinations without having to be specifically programmed for each individual thing.

Assassin_M
05-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah, freedom is complicated. It's not just about how MANY options you have, but how much they matter/how deep they are.
it`s the little bits that show how much freedom mattered to the people working on this game...what the direction they aimed for was and it was magnified in everything else in the game

from that extra pole at the side of a building that you take or not, to the dozen ways and routes to Assassination