PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Hitting Theaters Memorial Day 2015

catkiller97
05-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Assassin's Creed Hitting Theaters Memorial Day 2015! (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104453)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s480x480/181229_10151569782700808_215114202_n.jpg

A couple of exciting Friday night release date announcements, the biggest one being that the movie based on Ubisoft's popular video game Assassin's Creed, starring Michael Fassbender, will be released over Memorial Day weekend 2015, taking the date of May 22.

So far, no director has been announced for the movie but with a date in place, one would expect that will change shortly. Also, 20th Century Fox has stepped in to distribute one of the more anticipated video game movies in recent years through their deal with co-producer New Regency Pictures. They also have grabbed a date that's wide open with no competing releases although it will open three weeks after Marvel's The Avengers 2 and anyone who knows the general release date for previous "Star Wars" movies might be thinking J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII could be released a week before Memorial Day that same year.

Ubisoft Motion Pictures, the film and TV production arm of the game publishing company launched in January, is developing 3D feature films based on "Assassin's Creed," "Splinter Cell" and "Ghost Recon." The division is headed by Jean-Julien Baronnet, who said that Ubisoft Motion Pictures has been working with the games' producers and Ubisoft's marketing team to identify the DNA of each game and come up with storylines that are consistent with the company's three biggest franchises.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Tank.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Wait....do it`s an adaption of the first game?

Who the hell is Michael Fassenbender going to portray then??

Desmond freaking Miles??!!

monster_rambo
05-18-2013, 04:42 AM
like all movie adaptions, this probably will suck.

monster_rambo
05-18-2013, 04:43 AM
http://pixelperfectmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Michael_Fassbender.jpeg

He looks a bit too old to be Desmond.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Wait....do it`s an adaption of the first game?

Who the hell is Michael Fassenbender going to portray then??

Desmond freaking Miles??!!Stephen Amell from Arrow should be Desmond.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 04:49 AM
Stephen Amell from Arrow should be Desmond.
No..Edward

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 04:52 AM
No..EdwardIf Edwards in it.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 04:53 AM
If Edwards in it.
well he`s not..which kinda was my point :|

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 04:58 AM
well he`s not..which kinda was my point :|Well then, we need a sequel.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 05:02 AM
Well then, we need a sequel.
I agree

I-Like-Pie45
05-18-2013, 05:17 AM
I think that Noah Watts should play Connor if hes ever in any of these movies

AdamPearce
05-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Why do they have to announce it so soon, now we will have to wait two looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong years to get this movie. I get wait for one years for a game to come out, so to years for a movie...kill me now.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Michael Fassbender staring?
WTH lol
He doesnt sound or look like any of the characters...maybe he will be an assassin not yet in a game..or an in between like they did with Ezio's father..or at least I hope so.
Maybe even an origins story...
What crap would it be to have a movie come out about an assassin you are going to play in the next game..then assassins creed turns into disney xD

silvermercy
05-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Maybe he will play a brand new assassin???
Otherwise I could only see him play Edward so far...

(btw, yes, if you want a great AC substitute, watch Arrow TV series!! It's like watching an AC assassin. Also Stephen Amell looks just like Edward to me, lol especially on later episodes on the island. Just watched the finale and can't wait for 2nd season now! )

http://24.media.tumblr.com/316d2a0ba9f59e96114378a605a7e57b/tumblr_mmrzghHIIq1qbfge0o2_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e558a919aab623e22129fa4e723b8f12/tumblr_mmrzghHIIq1qbfge0o1_500.gif
http://robinhook.tumblr.com/post/50405644347/olivers-painted-mask-appreciation

AherasSTRG
05-18-2013, 10:50 AM
like all movie adaptions, this probably will suck.
Prince of Persia was good and the franchise belonged to Ubisoft too.

monster_rambo
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Prince of Persia was good and the franchise belonged to Ubisoft too.

The movie will always pale in comparison to games and they can never offer the same experience. Plus, prince of persia movie is not the same as the sands of time.

rob.davies2014
05-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Does anyone think its release on Memorial Day may imply the setting will be the American Civil War?

AjinkyaParuleka
05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Does anyone think its release on Memorial Day may imply the setting will be the American Civil War?
you really should read articles before posting whatever you think.

AjinkyaParuleka
05-18-2013, 12:17 PM

Sushiglutton
05-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Curious to see what the story will be. How they will treat modern day and which assassin they will choose (or create a new one). I guess they will remake AC1 (which would be kind of dull as we have allready played that), but they could do a lot of other things as well.

rob.davies2014
05-18-2013, 12:53 PM

Apologies, I didn't know it was being based on the first game, I thought it was just based on the franchise.

Farlander1991
05-18-2013, 12:54 PM
(which would be kind of dull as we have allready played that)

Well, it all depends on if they want to make the movie as one of their trans-media projects and part of the universe (ala the comic books) or as an adaptation of the games.

And while adaptation of the games might be dull for us (and I imagine there is going to be a LOT of complaints from the fans, as is the case with a lot of adaptations even if the adaptation is insanely awesome... *cough*LOTR*cough*), let's not forget that with the movie Ubisoft has to target an audience much broader than the gamer audience. Probably like 80% of the people who would watch the movie would either never heard about AC before, or heard about it but wouldn't know exactly what it is, or heard about it and know approximately what it is but never played it (maybe because it's not their style of game).

And it's their chance to get a bigger fan audience, but what that also means is that those people have to understand what the hell is going on without having to do preliminary AC research.

Sushiglutton
05-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Well, it all depends on if they want to make the movie as one of their trans-media projects and part of the universe (ala the comic books) or as an adaptation of the games.

And while adaptation of the games might be dull for us (and I imagine there is going to be a LOT of complaints from the fans, as is the case with a lot of adaptations even if the adaptation is insanely awesome... *cough*LOTR*cough*), let's not forget that with the movie Ubisoft has to target an audience much broader than the gamer audience. Probably like 80% of the people who would watch the movie would either never heard about AC before, or heard about it but wouldn't know exactly what it is, or heard about it and know approximately what it is but never played it (maybe because it's not their style of game).

And it's their chance to get a bigger fan audience, but what that also means is that those people have to understand what the hell is going on without having to do preliminary AC research.

Yeah doing a remake of AC1 is the smartest way to get everyone on board. They would have to rewrite it some as it has a very typical repetetive game structure (you can't have nine assassinations obv), but I think AC1 would work fairly ok as a movie. That said I'm worried lol.

Farlander1991
05-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah doing a remake of AC1 is the smartest way to get everyone on board. They would have to rewrite it some as it has a very typical repetetive game structure (you can't have nine assassinations obv), but I think AC1 would work fairly ok as a movie. That said I'm worried lol.

Any game has to be rewritten significantly to work as a movie.

Though, I suppose, AC1 beginning (i.e. from the start to when Altair gets his assignment) and AC1 ending (i.e. from meeting Maria to the very end of the game) could be pretty easily adapted. Though the beginning has to be restructured a little bit to remove the huge info dump we have from Vidic at the beginning of the game (it would be catastrophic for a movie).

So, the first and third acts are not the problem, but the second one is a huge one. I don't think there's going to be enough time in the game to be in all three cities. At most two. I would personally choose Acre and Jerusalem. And, hey, cool enough, those two cities have the best targets in the game: Garnier, William, Sibrand (Acre), Talal, Majd Addin, and decoy Robert (Jerusalem). ... Okay, Jerusalem's targets may not be the best, Talal is cool though :D Though obviously the story has to be restructured in a sense, no going back and fourth. So, most likely, Prologue Jerusalem -> Masyaf -> Acre -> Masyaf (for some kind of intermediary talk with Al Mualim, though perhaps it could also be cut out) -> Jerusalem -> Arsuf -> Masyaf. If there's enough time to just one city, it should be Jerusalem.

The focus should always be on Robert as the main target. All others should be a way to get to him, i.e. for example, Altair gets to Acre to find Robert, and the other Templars are essentially his 'investigation targets' through which he learns of their plot. There should be a logical inversion of their plot, though... perhaps, it is via Sibrand that Altair learns that the Templars are not only on the Crusader side (since Sibrand controls the harbor and gets slaves from Talal, if I remember correctly, right?), which is why he goes to Jerusalem.

Malik's role might be changed. Not sure if having him as Rafik is going to be enough, at least in the case if it's two cities. If it's two cities, then he should somehow accompany Altair, to let their relationship evolve more smoothly. And, you know, would be nice to have constant character interaction.

Of course, there's a lot of ways this could be tackled, and I'm just ballparking right now :)

All that said, the themes that are discussed in AC1 are pretty deep and compelling, and would work in a movie really well.

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 01:36 PM
It wont be AC1 that's stupid.

Spider_Sith9
05-18-2013, 02:29 PM
If it's AC1. All I'm concerned is about the reception. Will people just start to care about Altair if they still hate him post-Revelations? And will this dethrone AC1 since everyone hates for it's repetition anyway and we all know a movie wouldn't be that.

dxsxhxcx
05-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't know, I would've prefered a CG movie since that way IMO it would be easier to capture the atmosphere of the game and it would be much more immersive see character models similar to what we had in the game...

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Assassin's Creed: The Movie is slated to open in 3D on May 22, 2015.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/frank-marshall-to-produce-assassins-creed
Veteran moviemaker Frank Marshall is in negotiations to produce Assassin's Creed...

Marshall produced such Spielberg-directed films as Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Hook, and The Color Purple.

Marshall's other producing credits include the Bourne series, The Sixth Sense, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and the in-development Jurassic Park IV. He exec produced Back to the Future, The Goonies, and Gremlins, and also just so happens to be married to Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy.

Jexx21
06-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Is it based off of AC1 or not? If so, I don't like that.

stingray110
06-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I would love them to do an adaption of AC1. Think about the scene in Damascus (One of the most beautiful cities in AC) where the guy poisons the drink of his guests, they could make it very memorable. I will be really disappointed if they portray a westernised perspective of the Middle-East like they did with Prince of Persia which was ruined by poor humour and American-style one liner jokes. I just hope that Fassbender plays a Westernised character and not Altair or something stupid like that. I mean Jake Glygenhaal playing as a Persian, no thanks.

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm scared now. :|

stingray110
06-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm scared now. :|

lol

I hope it wasn't because of my comment

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 07:25 PM
No, it's because I'm worried they're gonna **** this movie up.

shobhit7777777
06-12-2013, 07:45 PM
No..Edward

Yes

Jexx21
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
this game should not be a recreation of one of the games.

We already have the books for that.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 12:49 AM
this game should not be a recreation of one of the games.

We already have the books for that.

We already have games for that, lol.

Ureh
06-13-2013, 01:04 AM
I wonder if Kristen Bell will reprise her role in the movie? Mentioned anywhere?

SixKeys
06-13-2013, 01:10 AM
I wonder if Kristen Bell will reprise her role in the movie? Mentioned anywhere?

If the movie is a retreading of AC1, they might just write out Lucy completely or replace her with someone else. Otherwise they'll have to get into the complicated traitor plot somewhere down the line. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

dxsxhxcx
06-13-2013, 01:11 AM
No, it's because I'm worried they're gonna **** this movie up.

I can't remember one movie about a video game that was a huge success among the fans, so the chances they'll end up screwing up with this movie (IMO) are high...

SixKeys
06-13-2013, 01:33 AM
I can't remember one movie about a video game that was a huge success among the fans, so the chances they'll end up screwing up with this movie (IMO) are high...

The Resident Evil movies are still going strong. That's about the only example, though.

Ureh
06-13-2013, 01:43 AM
The Resident Evil movies are still going strong. That's about the only example, though.

But what do most of the video game fans think of the movie adaptations?

Escappa
06-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Pong, in theatres 2014 ;)

ze_topazio
06-13-2013, 03:08 AM
I loved the first Mortal Kombat and liked the first Resident Evil.

Street Fighter the movie and Super Mario are classics on their own right, although for different reasons not really related to quality.

x___Luffy___x
08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
some more news on Assassin's Creed film

Wolverine screenwriter to rewrite Assassin's Creed film..... http://asia.gamespot.com/news/wolverine-screenwriter-to-rewrite-assassins-creed-film-6413090

Academy Award nominee Scott Frank says adapting a video game "has its own set of challenges."

Academy Award nominee Scott Frank, who most recently wrote for The Wolverine, is rewriting the script for the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie, the Hollywood veteran told Creative Screenwriting in a new interview.
"I'm rewriting Assassin’s Creed right now, and what I love about it is that I've never adapted a video game before and it has its own set of challenges," Frank said. "Especially in the world of rewrites, I love trying to do something completely different if I can."

Ubisoft has a total of six movies in the pipeline. In addition to Assassin's Creed, the French publisher is making movies based on its Far Cry, Rabbids, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon franchises. In all instances, Ubisoft will retain creative control.

ladyleonhart
08-16-2013, 03:09 PM
some more news on Assassin's Creed film

Wolverine screenwriter to rewrite Assassin's Creed film...

Thanks!! :) That's great news!! xD I loved 'The Wolverine'!! :D

Then, there's a great chance that the AC movie may live up to my expectations after all!! ;)

Ureh
08-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Ubi knows what they're doing most of the time. I believe in them. :]

Hans684
08-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Judging by the release date, It dosen't look like it's going to be "Assassin's Creed re-written". Ubisoft did say that the yearly releases is becouse of Modern Day.

My bett is that the Modern Day(if there is one) is going to be in 2015 and since Fessbender is half Irish and German. The historical part is going to be original with a new assassin.

catkiller97
01-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Rumor: Assassin's Creed Movie May Have A Director (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/22/rumor-assassin-39-s-creed-movie-may-have-a-director.aspx)

Aphex_Tim
01-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Has it been confirmed that it's going to be an adaption of the first game?
I would've liked it more if it would be a completely new, separate story, in canon with the lore. It would reduce the chance of butchering the story.