PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag actions and restrictions

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Now that we all know what we know about black flag living the life of a pirate it did get me thinking as we will be operating in a lawless republic how will this effect what we can and can't do and more importantly how will this will fit in with the Assassins Creed ? granted that Edwards character will show an inner conflict with his Assassin and Pirate identity but i am very very interested to know how the gameplay will reflect this...

This one of the many reasons i am very excited about this concept of Pirates, Kings, Templars and Assassins ! how are they going to effect the over all gameplay, now beings as Nassau was one of the Main hubs for pirate activity was Kingston and Havana so i was wondering what type of restrictions we will have to keep our Noteriety down within those areas ?

i mean Nassau being a total free for all would not make much sense having a criminal type noteriety system ?

What are your thoughts ?

silvermercy
05-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Hmm... maybe he will be in hostile competition with other pirates? I'm not sure how pirates formed alliances back then but I suppose not all fellow pirates were friendly towards each other. Especially if there were traitors among them. And also especially when it came to treasures and booty. lol So maybe there will be a notoriety system like that.

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Hmm... maybe he will be in hostile competition with other pirates? I'm not sure how pirates formed alliances back then but I suppose not all fellow pirates were friendly towards each other. Especially when it came to treasures and booty. lol

This is what i was thinking a system for example certain actions that would normaly draw attention in other Assassins Creed games is deemed acceptable in Black Flag and suppose on the other Edward conducting himself inline with the Assassins Creed draws suspicions about his intentions among his pirate comrades ?

silvermercy
05-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes! I'm almost certain any drunken bar fights would draw unwelcome attention from other pirates! lol

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes! I'm almost certain any drunken bar fights would draw unwelcome attention from other pirates! lol

Well drunken bar fights was all in a days work for these sea dogs lol !! but think about Edward encountering the Assassin and enigmatic order who bestows their teachings on to him because the Templars want to dismantle everything the pirates have built ? drunken bar fights was perfectly the norm for pirates but i was thinking on lines of because Edward has embraced the teachings of the Assassin order and its creed his conduct in public will ultimately differ ( this inner conflict which has been spoken about ) so in which case his actions beliefs and personality clashes so i am wondering if this will have some affect on the notoriety system ie as a Pirate he would retaliate without a seconds thought but through the teachings of the Creed the situations he faces he exerts self control which his fellow pirates start to notice something different about his persona in which causes them to question his intentions ?

Does this make sense ?

So for example you sail from Havana to Kingston but on the way you attack and plunder a ship which has consequences if you are acting through his Assassin identity ?

or you in Nassau bearing in mind that you are now an Assassin and a situation arises and you are facing this situation taking the Creed into consideration ? i was thinking would this have an effect on your reputation as if your pirate comrades would have expected you to react differently which causes them to question who you really are ?

silvermercy
05-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Ah yes. I get what you mean! Slight and gradual changes that become more and more noticeable by his fellow pirates as time goes by. It could even be small actions... Like Edward sharing his rum with someone. lol The other pirates go O_o and silence falls inside the bar.

Kinda like this scene...

http://youtu.be/iFemw_6a-Tg

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Well not exactly like that lol !! but you get my drift lol !

That inner conflict between Assassin and outlaw your Noteriety between the two Factions ?

GreySkellig
05-17-2013, 10:47 PM

Actually, barfights have been revealed as a means by which you impress other pirates to replenish your crew.

My main worry is less along the story basis that MasterAssassin was talking about. I just rather wonder whether it even makes sense for Nassau to have things like guards, or whether maybe it should be more like pirate gangs on shore leave. Instead of caring about the legality of your actions, they'd only care if you got in their way or otherwise threatened them. They'd be harder to piss off, but tougher and maybe more numerous than the average guard, so if you did cross them it would be a big deal. So at the end of the day...I kinda am thinking the same thing as you, Silvermercy, I just am not sure barfights will factor in that way because we already know they're important for gathering crews.

silvermercy
05-17-2013, 10:51 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. If Nassau is a pirate haven it doesn't make sense to have guards??

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Grey has kind of hit the nail on the head i mean yes i am wondering how the story will factor the Noteriety but Pirates being a bunch of flash harrys and then you have Edward Kenway sneaking around like a crafty old fox given his reputation would raise a few suspicions about his intentions don't you think ?