PDA

View Full Version : what is different in between Heroes of might and magic(HMM) and might and magic(MMH)?

Whithy01
05-17-2013, 02:50 AM
i,ve been wondering for a while and i downloaded a demo of MMH 6 so that i know what i could get from MMHO and i remember playing HMM 2 and 3 a good while ago. Aside from spell acquisition, there doesn't seem to be a difference in between the 2 games. could you clarifye the games style in between the 2?

MagixJonsn
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
No difference, just the name change.They thought the name "Heroes of Might and Magic" sounds too long and complicated. They wanted to unify it in into the "MIght & Magic" universe and base all their games now on this, even their logo.

Might & Magic Heroes
Might & Magic X
Might & Magic Dark Messiah (they can't change it afterwards though...)

So that everyone can recognize this name and associate similar things from its universe.

Whithy01
05-18-2013, 03:27 AM
thank for the information, now it is a bit clearer for me.

SernikSernik
06-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Other thing is the HoMM title was bringing back to our mind big letters in intro "3DO" ... so if they will change the name of the game then we will faster change our minds from "3DO" (what no more exists) to big letters "Ubisoft" :D i think thats the one of the points for changing name of the game - because when player from homm3 started to playing homm 4 and 5.. he back to playing 3 because there is a stereotype "the homm3 was the best" if nobody understand that post then sorry - i dont know how to tell better about that :D - if you say Heroes, you think about heroes 3 ... if you say Might and Magic - you think about Ubisoft versions of the game ;p thats the point