PDA

View Full Version : Why Ubisoft? WHY?

XpertKilla2012
05-16-2013, 09:20 PM
So I go onto Assassin's Creed 3 on the 16th May 2013 to find out that my game has been ruined by the replacement of Connor's moheaken. Can I ask what motivated you to put this back into the game Ubisoft? You changed it because your fans didn't like the moheaken being in the game. I am respectfully asking you to remove this blemish from this awesome game. Support this thread if you think that the moheaken shouldn't be in the game so that Ubisoft can see it!

SixKeys
05-16-2013, 10:32 PM
What the heck is a moheaken? :confused:

ProletariatPleb
05-16-2013, 10:34 PM
................wat

http://i.imgur.com/oC0OZ.gif

UbiVolfbane
05-16-2013, 10:34 PM
If you are referring to Connor's hood being down, it should remain up only at the homestead. This was implemented in an update that was released after the game's initial release. If possible please connect online to install all the current updates for your game. If you have any more issues or suggestions feel free to submit a ticket with the information to the Support team. The contact info to Support is in my signature below.

Sushiglutton
05-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Is it that gangsta-haircut we are talking about :confused:?

Gi1t
05-16-2013, 11:15 PM
It does seem stupid. If people really can't agree, why can't they just make an update to let people swap out the hood/no hood?

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Is it that gangsta-haircut we are talking about :confused:?
Yes, the mohawk (or mohican) hairstyle. It's a traditional hairstyle of the Mohawk tribe (and others ^^ ).

EarthlyStudio1
05-17-2013, 12:49 AM
It does seem stupid. If people really can't agree, why can't they just make an update to let people swap out the hood/no hood?

Developers don't really tend to add something of that scale in a patch, just subtle things.

heiames1
05-17-2013, 02:10 AM
It's a lazy design feature.http://gawab.anvtech.com/4.jpg

Gi1t
05-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Developers don't really tend to add something of that scale in a patch, just subtle things.

What about earmarking it onto a DLC then?

ProletariatPleb
05-17-2013, 03:17 AM

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/w2ee.jpg

Don't mind me, I just added haircuts and 10GB worth of game content for free and still update the game even after 2 years.

Aphex_Tim
05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Wow. I still can't believe how a freaking haircut can be such a big deal to so many people. Especially when it's only visible in a small part of the entire game world.

ProletariatPleb
05-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Wow. I still can't believe how a freaking haircut can be such a big deal to so many people. Especially when it's only visible in a small part of the entire game world.
Yeah, lol.

Assassin_M
05-17-2013, 05:24 AM
so he`s talking about the Mohawk?

get over it already jeez

Stardust235
05-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Switch to Achilles' assassin uniform -- the hood goes back up. It also looks much better on Connor than the default uniform.
I always imagined that Connor would switch to Achilles' uniform after SPOILERS: his death END SPOILERS, as Achilles said he'd hand it over to Connor to wear when he felt he was ready.

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Isnt the mohican haircut the traditional Mohawk battle symbol ? at least thats what i heard, now i can understand people moaning about the hood but come on the haircut !! is it really an issue, Connor is a native American so i can understand from the design aspect that they wanted to keep balance the Assassin identitiy with his Native American heritage.

IMO a menial complaint. its not a lazy design feature one bit it was how he was intended.

Mr_Shade
05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
If you are referring to Connor's hood being down, it should remain up only at the homestead. This was implemented in an update that was released after the game's initial release. If possible please connect online to install all the current updates for your game. If you have any more issues or suggestions feel free to submit a ticket with the information to the Support team. The contact info to Support is in my signature below.

indeed.

patch the game = all should be well.

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 08:31 PM
indeed.

patch the game = all should be well.

Its just not an issue its actually quite pathetic ! people fail to see that the mohican was a symbol of fear and intimidation in Mohawk tradition when they went to war, like burying a hatchet into wood lol.

AssassinHMS
05-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Its just not an issue its actually quite pathetic ! people fail to see that the mohican was a symbol of fear and intimidation in Mohawk tradition when they went to war, like burying a hatchet into wood lol.

I personally don't hate the mohican haircut but I don't consider it a pathetic issue. Even if people know it was a symbol of fear and intimidation that doesn't hide its visual ugliness. Besides, why would an "assassin" wear the relatively notorious assassin outfit and put the hood down? To be noticed and recognized? I read somewhere the devs only patched the game due to gamer's request because, at first, I thought it was a glitch that the devs fixed. But, if the devs intended to put the hood down pemanently after the funeral mission, then I can't understand what was on their minds (because stealth and assassin's creed weren't for sure).

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 11:09 PM
I personally don't hate the mohican haircut but I don't consider it a pathetic issue. Even if people know it was a symbol of fear and intimidation that doesn't hide its visual ugliness. Besides, why would an "assassin" wear the relatively notorious assassin outfit and put the hood down? To be noticed and recognized? I read somewhere the devs only patched the game due to gamer's request because, at first, I thought it was a glitch that the devs fixed. But, if the devs intended to put the hood down pemanently after the funeral mission, then I can't understand what was on their minds (because stealth and assassin's creed weren't for sure).

I think most was upset because the hood was down during the last sequences of the game which i did find strange as to why the devs opted for that decision but i find it pathetic that what an Assassins hair has to do with the overall presence of the character ? i mean if Ezio decided to lose his pony tail i dont think the reaction would be so much of an issue as it has with Connor ? he is a native American so it makes sense to present Connor as an Assassin without losing his heritage, i thought it was quite fitting given as he was preparing to do final battle with his greatest enemy .

AssassinHMS
05-17-2013, 11:15 PM
I think most was upset because the hood was down during the last sequences of the game which i did find strange as to why the devs opted for that decision but i find it pathetic that what an Assassins hair has to do with the overall presence of the character ? i mean if Ezio decided to lose his pony tail i dont think the reaction would be so much of an issue as it has with Connor ? he is a native American so it makes sense to present Connor as an Assassin without losing his heritage, i thought it was quite fitting given as he was preparing to do final battle with his greatest enemy .

Sure. I don't care what Connor does to his hair as long as he keeps the hood up... but, like you said, it fits Connor (even though I prefered his long hair).

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Sure. I don't care what Connor does to his hair as long as he keeps the hood up... but, like you said, it fits Connor (even though I prefered his long hair).

That was my point the hood was the main issue but the hair ? no certainly not lol !! :)

Assassin_M
05-17-2013, 11:20 PM
That was my point the hood was the main issue but the hair ? no certainly not lol !! :)
actually the hair was quite a problem and made a fuss....I`ll quote myself from those times

"This isn't a barbie game"

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
actually the hair was quite a problem and made a fuss....I`ll quote myself from those times

"This isn't a barbie game"

This ! lol